PDA

View Full Version : Fancy dress and themed dances

MartinHarper
7th-August-2004, 07:10 PM
As a slight diversion from our discussions about what to wear to a dance night... I've noticed a few "fancy dress" or "themed" freestyles advertised around the place, and I was wondering what people thought of these events, since the proposed avatar party (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475&highlight=fancy+dress) apparently came to naught.

They sound fun, but I'm sure all you experienced folks will have lots of cautionary tales about what not to do. :)

Jon Brett
8th-August-2004, 12:20 AM
I love to see everyone dressed up, but I always curse the organiser when I'm trying to think of something to wear.

I think fancy dress is a pain in the bum, but good when you get there.

Andy McGregor
8th-August-2004, 02:03 AM
The most fun fancy dress I've been to was a sportswear fancy dress. It was brilliant because at least 90% of the people joined in - and because some of the girls came in netball tabards, which was very sexy :wink:

The other one was beachwear, which prompted a few women to come dancing in bikinis - I didn't know where to look :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
8th-August-2004, 03:26 AM
As a slight diversion from our discussions about what to wear to a dance night... I've noticed a few "fancy dress" or "themed" freestyles advertised around the place, and I was wondering what people thought of these events, since the proposed avatar party (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1475&highlight=fancy+dress) apparently came to naught.

They sound fun, but I'm sure all you experienced folks will have lots of cautionary tales about what not to do. :)
avatar party came to naught ? i think it may well be a three day event starting on September 24th :) http://cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm

Tiggerbabe
8th-August-2004, 10:33 AM
avatar party came to naught ? i think it may well be a three day event starting on September 24th :)
:clap: :clap: now about that help you're offering for my make up :wink: :blush:

Dance Demon
8th-August-2004, 11:01 AM
We have Four a year at Route 66. Last one was our annual Beach party in July, We are letting the punters choose the theme for our 2nd anniversary in October, and our Christmas party in DEcember is a Cicus Big Top theme........Its great fun and always great when people make the effort to dress up.... :waycool: :clap:

ChrisA
8th-August-2004, 11:09 AM
The other one was beachwear, which prompted a few women to come dancing in bikinis - I didn't know where to look :devil:
Andy, this is shocking.

You should never admit to something like that on a public forum. :mad:

I always know exactly where to look :waycool:

The skill is in not making it obvious. :devil: :devil:

Chris

bigdjiver
8th-August-2004, 01:42 PM
I love these themed nights, but am one of the worst for not coming dressed up. The big problem I have found is that most fancy dress is not suitable for dancing, and I usually finish up the night with a collection of souvenier bits that have become detached.
My saddest moment was when I realised that my pyjamas were respectable enough to wear to a public event - how sad is that?

philsmove
8th-August-2004, 02:31 PM
The other one was beachwear, which prompted a few women to come dancing in bikinis - I didn't know where to look

Two ladies turned up at the Trinity beach party in bikinis and grass skirts

Yours truly was dancing with one when I stood on her skirt :blush:

and I usually finish up the night with a collection of souvenier bits that have become detached.

Did find a grass skirt