PDA

View Full Version : testing HTML

Gadget
7th-August-2004, 12:13 AM
this should be a line:
<hr>
and clicking <a href="#link" title="popup roll-over">here</a> should take you to a bookmark and it should popup a message on roll-over.

<a name="link">here</a>

Gadget
7th-August-2004, 01:20 AM
try again....link (www.cerocscotland.com/forum) and <a href="#bookmark">bookmark</a> <a href="#second">click</a>

<a name="bookmark"><hr></a>

<a name=second>another one</a>

Gadget
7th-August-2004, 01:26 AM
This post is a general FAQ to encourage new members to post and show how to do fancy things in your posts. (note all the terms in italics are outlined in the "what is" bit of this post.

It is split into <a href="#why">Why?</a> <a href="#when">When?</a> <a href="#what">What?</a> <a href="#where">Where?</a> and <a href="#how">How?</a> Sections - if printed it may run onto six pages (It's created in Word and runs to 6 pages) Attached at the bottom is an RTF version of this document that you can download if you really want to. (Should load into any text editor)

<a name="why"><hr></a>

Why? <a href="#when">When?</a> <a href="#what">What?</a> <a href="#where">Where?</a> <a href="#how">How?</a>
Why?

Why post?
Everyone here enjoys the same passion; Dancing.

WHY the h3ll does this not work in the "technical discusion" area?

Emma
7th-August-2004, 03:34 PM
WHY the h3ll does this not work in the "technical discusion" area?I dunno..I should complain if I were you ;)

Emma
7th-August-2004, 03:36 PM
Besides, Gadge....as far as I can tell it *does* work :nice:..I mean the links seem to be linking (tho none of them appear to be going anywhere much...) Is that the problem?

Gadget
8th-August-2004, 01:39 PM
yeaa, but if I cut & paste the same text into the "technical" area in a new post, it no work.

Tiggerbabe
8th-August-2004, 03:43 PM
You're right Gadget - I tried to put your post into a new thread in the technical area last night but it didn't work - will need to leave it for Franck I think - as I'm sure he'd like to have it somewhere easily accessible for people to use :flower: :hug: