PDA

View Full Version : Minimasters 04

Peter
4th-August-2004, 04:44 PM
Just received from Adam ...

"The minimasters gets underway on Sunday 15th August, NOT the 8th as previously advertised. Come along and support 4 couples who will be competing for a place in the prestigious JiveMasters competition.

This month's couples in the minimasters are:

Lawrence Hewitt & Amy Harman (both URBAN METRO - Ed.)
Trevor Fisk & Chrissie Kettle
Paul Buckley & Susan Buckley
Jamie Cole & Holly Coulson

Doors open 7pm, beginners class and intermediate class taken by Adam Nathanson
Like the minimasters, the audience will be the judges.

We can still have two more couples in this competition at later dates. If you are interested, please contact us asap."

Minnie M
5th-August-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for posting the entrants - however, IMO as most people don't put names to faces to dancers outside their regular dances and (I assume) as all the heats will be held at Chigwell it would be nice to know where they hail from.

Thank you :hug: :flower:

(Cheeky new avatar) :blush:

Yogi_Bear
9th-August-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for posting the entrants - however, IMO as most people don't put names to faces to dancers outside their regular dances and (I assume) as all the heats will be held at Chigwell it would be nice to know where they hail from.

Thank you :hug: :flower:

(Cheeky new avatar) :blush:
Trevor and Chrissie are from Ipswich - I don't know about the others..
:cheers: Should be a good event!

TheTramp
9th-August-2004, 11:57 PM
I believe that Jamie dances at Hipsters. And Holly who he is dancing with, is none other than the daughter of our forum bombshell, Miss Lory :clap:

Trampy

Lory
10th-August-2004, 08:55 AM
I believe that Jamie dances at Hipsters. And Holly who he is dancing with, is none other than the daughter of our forum bombshell, Miss Lory :clap:

TrampyThis is party true, although Jamie actually dances at Ashtons! :nice:

But sadly due to unforeseen circumstances, they have had to pull out of this heat, we're hoping they might be able to get a place in one of the last heats! :o

Gordon J Pownall
10th-August-2004, 09:29 AM
...but sadly due to unforeseen circumstances, they have had to pull out of this heat, we're hoping they might be able to get a place in one of the last heats!

Adam has been looking for others to compete since they let him know earlier last week that they would need to postpone entry to later in the competition..... :tears:

This means that, (as far as I know), we have a slot for this Sunday available - if anyone is interested in competing, please contact Adam by email - ceroc@hotmail.com or through the website where you will find his contact telephone number - www.cerocmetro.com

It promises to be a brilliant night so come along and don't forget - the audience are the judges... so we depend upon you to make it a fantastic night out (which it always is of course...) :clap: :clap:

G... :hug:

...and of course - good luck to all the competitors...... :worthy: :worthy:

Yogi_Bear
15th-August-2004, 09:54 PM
What was the result at the Minimasters this evening? Couldn't be there myself... :tears:

Gordon J Pownall
16th-August-2004, 09:59 AM
What was the result at the Minimasters this evening? Couldn't be there myself... :tears:

An amazing evening.......great crowd of dancers from everywhere - East Anglia, South of the river and the West........ :worthy:

As compere for the evening (Adam has an injury that kept him away so apologies from him), respect to the audience as well who really encouraged the dancers. :yeah:

Unless you've actually been in front of a crowd, on your own, all eyes on you, no one can describe the feeling.

Whilst the JiveMasters is the invitational event, with most dancers being teachers / competition winners / professionals etc, all credit goes to all the couples who danced last night in the MiniMasters. To get up in front of people who are not only watching but scoring you takes a great deal of 'bottle' so hats off to all the competitors.

Although the David Lloyd club isn't the largest venue (about 200 capacity and well on the way to that last night), when you are stood in the middle of the dancefloor on your own it's like Wembley Stadium! :eek:

It was an interesting evening with some couples pulling out a couple of weeks ago, delaying their appearance until later heats due to injury etc. This meant that there were a couple of slots available. :really:

Having announced this on the night, we eventually saw five couples dance, some who had met that night, some who decided to dance that night. :eek: :eek:

Through to the final on Friday 5 November 2005 at The Wolsey Hall, Cheshunt are :-

Lawrence and Amy

and

Steve and Tina

The final held as above will be then decide who goes through to compete at the JiveMaster final later in November...... :clap:

Andy McGregor
16th-August-2004, 10:08 AM
final on Friday 5 November 2005

Seems a long wait.

Gordon J Pownall
16th-August-2004, 10:11 AM
Seems a long wait.

There are heats between then and now -

Second Sunday of the month at The David Lloyd Centre, Chigwell

HERE (http://www.cerocmetro.com) for links to a map

Tiggerbabe
16th-August-2004, 10:29 AM
There are heats between then and now -

But then maybe being 2004, eh Gordy :whistle: :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
16th-August-2004, 04:15 PM
maybe theres a LOT of heats :)

Gordon J Pownall
17th-August-2004, 11:47 AM
But then maybe being 2004, eh Gordy :whistle: :whistle:

Can I Just say......

DOH...!!!

:rolleyes: :sick: :sick: :whistle: :sick: :sick: :rolleyes:

Yeah......2004

Gordon J Pownall
8th-September-2004, 09:25 AM
'MiniMasters - This Sunday 12th September

This Sunday is round three of the MiniMasters. The minimasters has been a great event which has been running parallel to the now phenomenal JiveMasters. This week we have 5 couples competing and it promises to be a very entertaining evening. There is of course the normal Beginners and Intermediate class from 7pm and the competition will start at 9pm and will last for 30 minutes. You the audience will be judging.

The finals of the MiniMasters is on Friday 5th November. It promises to be a blast of an evening. We will be serving Hot spuds being bonfire night.

The David Lloyd Club, Roding Lane, Buckhurst Hill, Chigwell Essex
This weeks MiniMaster competitors are;
Iain Wilkinson & Helen Mason
Paul Smale & Jenny Brown
Jim & Norma Keegan
Louise Hecker & Paul Pritchard
Jenny Willis & Graham Goodman

All info at www.jivemasters.com

Peter
8th-November-2004, 09:39 AM
What happened at the final on Friday?

Zebra Woman
8th-November-2004, 11:07 AM
:clap: :worthy: Paul and Louise from Northampton :worthy: :clap: will be going through to the Jive Masters final, deservedly. They were great to watch, engaged the audience, especially when it looked like he dropped her (he didn't). Runners up - Laurence and Amy, they did good. :worthy: :clap:

I have not been to Cheshunt for two years and I won't be back 'till it's a non-smoking venue I'm afraid. Sorry. When but when you've got used to the light it's very hard to tolerate the dark. I was awake coughing until 3am and had to wash all my clothes ugh :angry:

ZW :mad:

Andy McGregor
8th-November-2004, 11:37 AM
I have not been to Cheshunt for two years and I won't be back 'till it's a non-smoking venue I'm afraid. Sorry. When but when you've got used to the light it's very hard to tolerate the dark. I was awake coughing until 3am and had to wash all my clothes ugh :angry:

ZW :mad:

:angry:

Gohere (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344&highlight=smoking+dancing) if you want to read the 481 posts on why Smoking and Dancing Do Not Mix. The thread has already been visited 10,960 times but somebody at Cheshunt doesn't seem to have got the message :angry:

cerocmetro
8th-November-2004, 07:32 PM
:angry:

Gohere (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344&highlight=smoking+dancing) if you want to read the 481 posts on why Smoking and Dancing Do Not Mix. The thread has already been visited 10,960 times but somebody at Cheshunt doesn't seem to have got the message :angry:

I am at Athens airport, been delayed so thought, mm better catch up on here. I only run Cheshunt so who am I to know. Cheshunt is NO SMOKING venue, well at least it was should be. If any one knows differently, then heads will be banged :mad:

Adam

Andy McGregor
9th-November-2004, 01:41 AM
I only run Cheshunt so who am I to know. Cheshunt is NO SMOKING venue, well at least it was should be. If any one knows differently, then heads will be banged :mad:

Adam

It seems to me that Cheshunt is now a SMOKING venue. The olfactory glands of the female wild Zebra are sensitive and if she says she smelt smoke then we can be sure that she did. Maybe you couldn't smell it in Greece but everyone in the UK has got the message about Cheshunt - stay away and live long and prosper, visit and stink :sick: