PDA

View Full Version : Feelings when you leave your job/anything

stewart38
4th-August-2004, 10:34 AM
I’m leaving my job tomorrow after nearly 10 years to move on and up

I've got lots to do at work so I think Ill spend my time wisely on this chat site :grin:

My feelings are mixed I'll miss some people not others

I wonder what other people have felt days before or just after leaving a place they have worked at for a long time or leaving anything after doing it for a long time and not going back

I’m mixed I want to do some outstanding bits but realize I don't have to

I wonder how many people will turn up at pub tomorrow :sick:

TheTramp
4th-August-2004, 10:49 AM
I was soooo happy when I left my last job. Was a fantastic feeling :D

(Course, it also helped that I was then heading off to Oz for a 3 week holiday and then moving to Scotland too :D)

Trampy

dannyboy
4th-August-2004, 11:02 AM
It's always good to move onwards & upwards
Best thing I did 3 years' ago! > Salary helped the transition
Good luck :cheers:

philsmove
4th-August-2004, 11:26 AM
Many years ago I left a job, I had been at since I left school, I can still remember the joy of handing in my resignation and leaving to start my own business

Defiantly one of the best days of my life :clap: :cheers: :clap:

stewart38
4th-August-2004, 03:48 PM
Well I've got my holiday booked and will take 3 weeks of :waycool:

Of course I advised new employer that I need Friday and Monday off for Southport, got to get priorities right ! Its stretching it a bit for the BFG.

Forte
5th-August-2004, 11:38 PM
I start a new job on September 1st...it is exciting and daunting. Sometimes it is easier not to move on but I figured "Feel the fear and do it anyway" ..good title for a book :wink:
You gotta feel alive. Don't you think? If a job is too routine or if you feel you can do just as good a job as those in charge of you...you gotta go for it. There's always the worry that you might regret losing your cushy existence but I hope not! :grin:
Good luck to you, by the way! I have changed job seven times and it has alwayw worked out well. :hug:

Gadget
6th-August-2004, 12:32 AM
Sheesh - wish I could find another job that I liked as much as this one, with as much scope and freedom to do anyting/everything... but paid more you get kids and a mortgage or two and priorities start to change.

Stuart
6th-August-2004, 11:23 PM
I left a job many years ago that I absolutely hated. It was making me ill and I didn't get on too well with the people I worked with.

However as the date of my departure got nearer and nearer I felt myself not wanting to go. However I kept reminding myself of the reasons why I was leaving and the wrench wasn't so bad in the end.

As it turns out I know I made the right move.