PDA

View Full Version : Brighouse or Leeds?

Yogi_Bear
30th-July-2004, 01:48 PM
September 10: I'm considering either Ceroc Halifax at Brighouse aor Blitz at Leeds - anyone tried both and could recommend which I try? I've been to neither before. Quality of the venue, music and dancers are more important to me than the total numbers of people.
yb

Bardsey
4th-August-2004, 03:56 PM
September 10: I'm considering either Ceroc Halifax at Brighouse aor Blitz at Leeds - anyone tried both and could recommend which I try? I've been to neither before. Quality of the venue, music and dancers are more important to me than the total numbers of people.
yb

I go to Blitz in Leeds at both St Chads and Pudsey classes. Chad's have a hop on a Friday usually once a month, don't know yet about next, but I'll let you know. Not sure about Halifax but again, I'll try and find out and let you know.

Jill x

Yogi_Bear
4th-August-2004, 04:27 PM
thanks, Bardsey, any reviews of Brighouse would be welcome..
yb

Paul F
8th-August-2004, 01:15 AM
thanks, Bardsey, any reviews of Brighouse would be welcome..
yb

Hi Yogi,
As there wont be too many people on here who would be able to comment on Brighouse (i dont think anyway) I thought I would :grin:

Its a fabulous venue. The ritz ballroom is just that.....a ballroom so you cant go wrong really. Its got a floor to die for :drool: and a great setup with surround seating and a pretty cheap bar as well.
If you end up at the ritz let me know. Would be good to meet up.

Gus
8th-August-2004, 10:41 AM
yb

Agree with Paul F ... Brighouse is a better venue (urr, but not sure if its at the Ritz Ballroom any more) ... but then again St Chads (Leeds) has a nice floor ... if in a less palacial setting. Would suggest its down to the DJ on the night. If DJ Gary is playing at Brighouse he;s got a good local following. IMHO he's a little 'middle of the road' ... but if thats what you want he's your man. St Chads has a rota of DJs. Bardsey can give you a more disspationate view on the line up but if Sarah is on duty I'd highly recommend her ... I'm TOTALY biased :grin: but she played a blinding set last night for us (ask Will :wink: ). :clap: :clap:

Yogi_Bear
8th-August-2004, 04:12 PM
Paul F and Gus - thanks for the responses. Assuming I get to the vicinity in time I think it will be Brighouse (nearer to where I will be staying) for me on the night...
yb :cheers: