PDA

View Full Version : Badges for Forum Meeting at Southport

Bardsey
29th-July-2004, 03:49 PM
Who's going to Southport? Thought I'd give the Forumite meeting another go, but with a better format this time. In May, people came into the Dance Den but lots were not forumites so it was very difficult to know who was who. I did introduce myself about, then introduced forumites to others, but it wasn't the easiest way of doing it.

This time I've decided just to do some name badges, just the stick on labels, so they can be taken off easily after.

So, if you're going to Southport, can you let me know and I'll get some names on badges prior to the meet-up.

Jill x

under par
30th-July-2004, 03:46 AM
Who's going to Southport? Thought I'd give the Forumite meeting another go, but with a better format this time. In May, people came into the Dance Den but lots were not forumites so it was very difficult to know who was who. I did introduce myself about, then introduced forumites to others, but it wasn't the easiest way of doing it.

This time I've decided just to do some name badges, just the stick on labels, so they can be taken off easily after.

So, if you're going to Southport, can you let me know and I'll get some names on badges prior to the meet-up.

Jill x

You are a star jill make up 2 for me and Mrs Par. :kiss: :kiss:

Lynn
30th-July-2004, 10:20 AM
So, if you're going to Southport, can you let me know and I'll get some names on badges prior to the meet-up. Brilliant! :hug: Do one for me please! Looking forward to meeting more forumites.

Emma
30th-July-2004, 10:26 AM
There are going to be BADGERS at Southport?? Wey Hey! Will there be a spooning workshop? :)

(sorry...sorry..I *really* read it as that first time around...what with this and the redcurrrant armjive am thinking maybe new glasses are in order :what: )

Sparkles
30th-July-2004, 10:33 AM
There are going to be BADGERS at Southport??

I read it as badgers too :blush:

I'll be there, at Southport, but I detest wearing a name badge at any point in time, so can I just wear something sparkly instead, please?

Emma
30th-July-2004, 10:40 AM
When is Southport? (I probably should have read something in the Social Events thread, right?)

Gordon J Pownall
30th-July-2004, 10:45 AM
Well I shall be bring my spoon, ladle and 1837 patent Badger Botherer.....

Oh....silly me - thought it said Badgers.......not badges.......DOH...!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Peter
30th-July-2004, 10:48 AM
I will be there ... can my badger say "URBAN METRO - RESPECT", please?

TheTramp
30th-July-2004, 11:19 AM
I guess that I'll be there :D

Trampy

Gordon J Pownall
30th-July-2004, 11:30 AM
I will be there ... can my badger say "URBAN METRO - RESPECT", please?

Urban Metro respect please.....

Urban Metro as double UK champions (Ceroc and LeRoc) DEMAND respect.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Bardsey
2nd-August-2004, 12:24 PM
When is Southport? (I probably should have read something in the Social Events thread, right?)

17-20 September. Hope to see you there Em! :flower:

Dance Demon
2nd-August-2004, 04:06 PM
I'll be there too Bardsey......with horns on.. :D

Zebra Woman
2nd-August-2004, 06:13 PM
I'll be there Bardsey in stripes, but please make me a badge, then I can wear something different.

Thanks

Alison :hug:

Bardsey
3rd-August-2004, 03:12 PM
I'll be there Bardsey in stripes, but please make me a badge, then I can wear something different.

Thanks

You're on my list Alison! See you there! :flower:

dannyboy
3rd-August-2004, 07:46 PM
mine's easy enough

Gordon J Pownall
4th-August-2004, 04:16 PM
mine's easy enough

I won't be there - no badgers...... :wink:

Bardsey
4th-August-2004, 04:22 PM

Awww! Shame! And I'd just made you a badge(r) too :tears:

Bardsey
4th-August-2004, 04:26 PM

Anyway, that's what you think, check out this site.

http://www.badgers.org.uk/

Gordon J Pownall
4th-August-2004, 04:59 PM
Anyway, that's what you think, check out this site.

http://www.badgers.org.uk/

Heaven.......
I'm in Heaven.......

Do you remember this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3393&highlight=badgers) thread..........

Was very popular and in fact some people became seriously interested.... :sick:

Bardsey
5th-August-2004, 04:46 PM
Heaven.......
I'm in Heaven.......

Do you remember this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3393&highlight=badgers) thread..........

Was very popular and in fact some people became seriously interested.... :sick:

Of course! If you remember, I was the first to reply with my list :rofl:

under par
5th-August-2004, 05:26 PM

Thanks

Alison just seen your BIG STRIPEY avatar........VERY NICE!!!

Sal
11th-August-2004, 01:54 PM
Yippee!
Finally made the decision and submitted the application form! Please can I have a badge!

Actually went to the forumite meeting in Southport in May, in the wrong location. Needless to say, I didn't meet many people! :blush:

Bardsey
11th-August-2004, 02:03 PM
Yippee!
Finally made the decision and submitted the application form! Please can I have a badge!

Actually went to the forumite meeting in Southport in May, in the wrong location. Needless to say, I didn't meet many people! :blush:

Okay Sal, you're on my list! Hope to see you in the Latin Quarter on Friday evening......if you don't arrive I'll send out a search party :rofl:

Sal
11th-August-2004, 02:06 PM
Thank you! My lack of directional sense is legendary!
I think I will look for a forumite I know then follow them!

Although, this may backfire if I choose a gentlemen forumite heading for the loos! :blush:

Bardsey
11th-August-2004, 02:10 PM
Although, this may backfire if I choose a gentlemen forumite heading for the loos! :blush:

There are two things wrong with that statement, Sal!

1. There are no gentlemen forumites :whistle:

2. He would think all his Christmases had come at once.....and that would never do! :rofl:

TheTramp
11th-August-2004, 02:36 PM
Thank you! My lack of directional sense is legendary!
I think I will look for a forumite I know then follow them!
You can follow me Sal. Since you're coming down with me anyhow, that should work.

And despite what Bardsey says, I'm a gentleman :whistle:

Trampy

Sal
11th-August-2004, 02:54 PM
You can follow me Sal. Since you're coming down with me anyhow, that should work.

And despite what Bardsey says, I'm a gentleman :whistle:

Trampy

Good thing too, it took me forever to find the Pontins site the last time. (Got the impression from the lack of signs that the inhabitants of Soutport do not want to advertise that they have a Pontins!)

Have I missed something here - the Tramp, a gentleman? :confused:

Sal
11th-August-2004, 02:55 PM
Just remebered who I am travelling to Southport with. Such a gentleman! :flower: :hug:

(We need a sucking up smilie!)

TheTramp
11th-August-2004, 03:04 PM
(We need a sucking up smilie!)
I'll take a :drool: in lieu :whistle:

Trampy

Sal
11th-August-2004, 03:13 PM
Sorry, hon, but I am not drooling over you!
How about a :clap: instead for giving me a lift?

Rhythm King
11th-August-2004, 03:20 PM
There are two things wrong with that statement, Sal!

1. There are no gentlemen forumites :whistle:

2. He would think all his Christmases had come at once.....and that would never do! :rofl:

1. May I refer the honourable lady to my public profile :wink:

2. As a Gentleman Forumite, I would certainly consider Christmas to have come, if I were to be followed by such a lady in a normal situation: but me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, in the loo with a forumite lady, at Southport, with my reputation? Has no one thought of the consequences?

Sal
11th-August-2004, 04:01 PM
I am intrigued - a gentleman adventurer. Don't tell me it is not the normal 9-5 job as you have to duel at dawn for the ladies honour.

Rhythm King
11th-August-2004, 04:36 PM
I am intrigued - a gentleman adventurer. Don't tell me it is not the normal 9-5 job as you have to duel at dawn for the ladies honour.

Good heavens, I'd far prefer the honour of a dance at dawn, any day. But then I remember Connor McLeod's duel on Boston Common in 1746: "Oh Hotchkiss..."

Sal
11th-August-2004, 04:41 PM
Before my time, mate, I wasn't around in 1746!

Rhythm King
11th-August-2004, 05:01 PM
Before my time, mate, I wasn't around in 1746!

And there I was, thinking a Scottish-based forum might pick up on a quote from "Highlander"!

Gordon J Pownall
12th-August-2004, 12:23 AM
....And despite what Bardsey says, I'm a gentleman :whistle:Trampy

I must admit - if you really want to know what Trampy is like - just follow this link (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75962#post75962) :eek:

ADULTS ONLY THOUGH PLEASE and do not visit this link if you are easily offended.... :really:

You will see he is a happy soul who is friendly, welcoming and loves all things in life especially the festive season...... :whistle: :wink: :wink: :whistle:

Sparkles
12th-August-2004, 11:19 AM
2. As a Gentleman Forumite... snip

Don't believe him, Sal, he's trying to lull you into a false sense of security :wink:

Bardsey
12th-August-2004, 02:40 PM
You will see he is a happy soul who is friendly, welcoming and loves all things in life especially the festive season...... :whistle: :wink: :wink: :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: That is really funny! But that's not THE Tramp, no sorry, the one we all know and love IS a gentleman :flower:

Bardsey
12th-August-2004, 02:42 PM
And there I was, thinking a Scottish-based forum might pick up on a quote from "Highlander"!

One of my fav films, if only for the music (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I'm a big Queen fan!)

Sal
12th-August-2004, 05:47 PM
Don't believe him, Sal, he's trying to lull you into a false sense of security :wink:

Thanks for the warning, Sparkles, I will be wary of ungentlemanly behaviour at Southport!
Looking forward to meeting you at the forumite meeting!

Sparkles
12th-August-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the warning, Sparkles, I will be wary of ungentlemanly behaviour at Southport!
Looking forward to meeting you at the forumite meeting!

I'll be at Southport too.
S. x

Rhythm King
12th-August-2004, 11:06 PM
One of my fav films, if only for the music (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I'm a big Queen fan!)

Me too, but "there can be only one"

R-K x