PDA

View Full Version : Are there any badger spooners out there...???

Gordon J Pownall
29th-July-2004, 01:45 PM
Are there any other badger spooners on the forum ?

If so, where do you spoon ?

What level are you at ?

What equipment do you have ?

Where have you been on your badger spooning holidays ?

In order to get things started here are my answers to the above questions :-

1. I normally spoon at a place called Scrag End on the Marsh, which is near Whitstable in Kent.
2. I am at RBSA level 4 and 3/4 (except that I can't scoop yet)
3. I have a Silver Sheffield Go(180l), a Starboard Ladle 151(151l) and an F2 Fork convertible 282(115l).
4. I have just returned from a holiday to Domestos on the greek island of Pus.

Any other people out there like poking badgers with spoons....???

With all due respect to Bigger Andy cos Will and I trashed his thread HERE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3392) ..... :rofl: :rofl: :worthy: :rofl: :cheers:

Andy McGregor
29th-July-2004, 02:11 PM
The anti-blood sports lobby would like to find a reason to stop Badger Spooning - the problem is that badgers seem to like it and have even been known to follow the scent trail of expert spooners and scrabble at their back doors for another good spooning.

Pammy
29th-July-2004, 02:29 PM
scrabble at their back doors for another good spooning.

I can't seem to get a mental image of badgers doing this.... only you Andy :wink: :flower:

Bardsey
29th-July-2004, 03:12 PM
1. I normally spoon at a place called Scrag End on the Marsh, which is near Whitstable in Kent.
2. I am at RBSA level 4 and 3/4 (except that I can't scoop yet)
3. I have a Silver Sheffield Go(180l), a Starboard Ladle 151(151l) and an F2 Fork convertible 282(115l).
4. I have just returned from a holiday to Domestos on the greek island of Pus.

1. I normally spoon at Badger Hill, Thornton-le-Wattley (must be pronounced with a thick Yorkshire accent)

2. I can't scoop big badgers, but can with baby ones sometimes, if they don't wriggle too much. RSA level 3 and 2/5th

3. I have a standard Maserati Gold egg spoon (c.1901), a Stainless Steel scoop-spoon with built up sides and 2 N11 Adaptables.

4. I went to Spoonemolinos in Spain in June and am looking forward to a cruise round the Canary Islands on a special fly/spoon/catch expedition, which, whilst practising on canaries, gives us better abilities in handling the smaller badgers.

Anyone else?

Andy McGregor
29th-July-2004, 04:05 PM
I can't seem to get a mental image of badgers doing this.... only you Andy :wink: :flower:

I told them that badger suit didn't look real :blush:

Lou
29th-July-2004, 04:20 PM
Any other people out there like poking badgers with spoons....???

I always wondered what that t-shirt meant....

Sparkles
29th-July-2004, 04:24 PM
badgers seem to like it and have even been known to follow the scent trail of expert spooners and scrabble at their back doors for another good spooning.

Can badgers tell the difference in scent between expert spooners and novice ones then? - to ensure they only ever get a "good spooning"??
And if so, do we know what the difference in scent is?

Pammy
29th-July-2004, 04:31 PM
And if so, do we know what the difference in scent is?

With Andy in a fur suit in this weather, I think we're back to the deodorant or natural thread? :tears:

Lory
29th-July-2004, 05:47 PM
In your expert opnions, whats important, the size or the quality of the spoon? :cool:

Daisy Chain
29th-July-2004, 07:25 PM
whats important, the size or the quality of the spoon? :cool:

Size doesn't matter. It's what you do with it that counts. :innocent:

Daisy

Emma
29th-July-2004, 08:35 PM
Can badgers tell the difference in scent between expert spooners and novice ones then? - to ensure they only ever get a "good spooning"??
And if so, do we know what the difference in scent is?The trick is not to say to them 'I'm crap at spooning'...it discourages them :what:. Some badgers are very nice to newbies though and will allow inept spooning in the name of encouraging more people in the sport.

By the way I hear there have been calls in some sections of the badger community to set up an independant spooner training course...

Pammy
30th-July-2004, 09:40 AM
In your expert opnions, whats important, the size or the quality of the spoon? :cool:

Size! :cool:

oh hang on, Quality! :yum:

oh hang on, BOTH! :devil: