PDA

View Full Version : Silver Membership - Benefits of upgrading your Forum experience.

Franck
27th-July-2004, 12:16 PM
To help covering the ever increasing costs of running the Forum, I have introduced a paid level of membership. For only £6.00 (for 3 months) or £20.00 (per year) you get many benefits and the added satisfaction of supporting our community.

For those of you unaware of the benefits of Silver membership, here are a few benefits:

- View the 'Who's online page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php)' - accessible via the quick links menu at the top of the page.
- Ability to be invisible on the Forum - editable in your user cp
- Start a blog (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/blog.php) to share your life and experiences with other fellow dancers.
- Ability to edit / delete own posts - regular members can edit the post, but can't delete it.
- Ability to upload larger attachments - higher limit on posting attachments
- Upload a custom avatar - existing members with custom avatars will be able to keep them, but new members will have to upgrade to pick their own avatar.
- Ability to use Signatures. Silver members will be able to use a signature.
- 8000 Private messages limit - Normal limit is 400.
- Private Message tracking - check if your message was read.

The features that are activated are listed on the 'Paid Subscriptions Page (http://forum.cerocscotland.com/payments.php?/) ' page, also available from your user cp.

The new membership status is activated automatically and your user name will appear in Bold characters, once you are a fully functioning Silver member!

Once again, i would like to remind everyone that Silver membership is not required to enjoy the Forum and read all the posts, this is simply a means for everyone who enjoys the Forum on a regular basis to support it and enjoy a few extra features... :flower:

under par
27th-July-2004, 01:03 PM
To help covering the ever increasing costs of running the Forum, I have introduced a paid level of membership. For only £6.00 (for 3 months) or £20.00 (per year) you get many benefits and the added satisfaction of supporting our community.
For those of you unaware of the benefits of Silver membership, here are a few benefits:

- View the 'Who's online page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/online.php)' - accessible via the quick links menu at the top of the page.
- Ability to be invisible on the Forum - editable in your user cp
- Start a blog (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/blog.php) to share your life and experiences with other fellow dancers.
- Ability to edit / delete own posts - regular members can edit the post, but can't delete it.
- Ability to upload larger attachments - higher limit on posting attachments
- Upload a custom avatar - existing members with custom avatars will be able to keep them, but new members will have to upgrade to pick their own avatar.
- Ability to use Signatures. Silver members will be able to use a signature.
- 8000 Private messages limit - Normal limit is 400.
- Private Message tracking - check if your message was read.

The features that are activated are listed on the 'Paid Subscriptions Page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php?) ' page, also available from your user cp.

The new membership status is activated automatically and your user name will appear in Bold characters, once you are a fully functioning Silver member!

Once again, i would like to remind everyone that Silver membership is not required to enjoy the Forum and read all the posts, this is simply a means for everyone who enjoys the Forum on a regular basis to support it and enjoy a few extra features... :flower:I for one have really enjoyed the extra features Franck, but don't let everybody have them :wink: :whistle:

I need to feel special and elite. :whistle:

Come on everybody give Franck your money join the Silver members club:angry: :whistle:

Lou
21st-September-2006, 11:25 AM
Come on everybody give Franck your money join the Silver members club:angry: :whistle:
Or give him more money & join the Platinum Club. You get the added benefit of Franck coming round with a complimentary glass of wine and plate of waffles* whilst you post.

*as opposed to the whine & waffle you get normally from the rest of the forum, I suppose

Lynn
21st-September-2006, 11:30 AM
Or give him more money & join the Platinum Club. You get the added benefit of Franck coming round with a complimentary glass of wine and plate of waffles* whilst you post.

*as opposed to the whine & waffle you get normally from the rest of the forum, I supposeIs that the one where you also get a signed photograph of Ethel?

Tiggerbabe
21st-September-2006, 11:31 AM
complimentary glass of wine
wine? wine? Franck's strictly a champagne kinda guy Lou, or were you keeping that to yourself :wink:

Lou
21st-September-2006, 11:39 AM
Is that the one where you also get a signed photograph of Ethel?
I am hoping to see Ethel tomorrow. I'll have to get her autograph & auction it off on eBay...

wine? wine? Franck's strictly a champagne kinda guy Lou, or were you keeping that to yourself :wink:
Well, I wasn't likely going to tell everyone what type of wine, was I? :eek: But he should do something about those plastic cups!

Tiggerbabe
21st-September-2006, 11:45 AM
But he should do something about those plastic cups!
:rofl: - you just need to get there earlier to get one of the crystal ones :hug:

WittyBird
21st-September-2006, 12:39 PM
I need to feel special and elite. :whistle:

Surely you do feel special everytime you've gotta get that pair of shoes or that new outfit :whistle:
what is it Up size 24 feet and a 190" Leg? :rofl:

fletch
30th-September-2006, 03:10 PM
How do you know when your membership is up :blush:

CJ
30th-September-2006, 03:29 PM
How do you know when your membership is up :blush:

It's kinda like a rush of blood, with a dull ache. And a need.....

But like Claire S.... You'll never know how it feels.:D

fletch
30th-September-2006, 03:34 PM

But like Claire S.... You'll never know how it feels.:D

are we talking about the same thing :confused:

Claire S
30th-September-2006, 05:21 PM

But like Claire S.... You'll never know how it feels.:D:angry: :tears:

LMC
25th-November-2006, 05:38 PM
How long does Silver membership take to "take effect"?

I get so much interest/entertainment out of being on the forum that it's gotta be worth less than 40 p a day :hug: - so I coughed up yesterday evening and was hoping it would be done overnight?

OK, you got me - I actually paid up again because I am incredibly shallow and am dying to know who some of my unsigned rep comments are from and I also want to change my signature.

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi LMC, it should be, there must have been a hiccup!

Genie
25th-November-2006, 06:25 PM
are we talking about the same thing :confused:

:rofl:

Yliander
23rd-April-2007, 05:21 PM
Question - I've taken out a silver membership and enjoying it immensely but is there anyway for me to stop the banner suggesting I become a silver member appearing at the top of every page?

stewart38
5th-September-2007, 01:57 PM
I could have sworn my membership last year was £10 but now it shows £20

How much does the membership fee 'support this ceroc site ?'

shouldnt we as members have a break down of costs ?

David Bailey
5th-September-2007, 02:17 PM
I could have sworn my membership last year was £10 but now it shows £20
Don't think so - AFAIK it was £20 last year also.

shouldnt we as members have a break down of costs ?
Well, I get £19, does that answer your question? And well worth it, too, if I say so myself.

stewart38
5th-September-2007, 02:47 PM
Don't think so - AFAIK it was £20 last year also.

Well, I get £19, does that answer your question? And well worth it, too, if I say so myself.

Im not trying for once to be funny its just a question

If the cost of running the site is met by subscriptions (or 90% of it is) thats fine but all the headline banners are for ceroc weekenders etc

ie whats the £20 for ?

Ceroc must pay for some of this site ?

can we have a 2007 update ?

David Bailey
5th-September-2007, 02:58 PM
If the cost of running the site is met by subscriptions (or 90% of it is) thats fine but all the headline banners are for ceroc weekenders etc

ie whats the £20 for ?
If you look at the number of actual paying punters (Silver Members), it's pretty low - 100 or so I think. So the entire yearly forum subscription fees will probably generate about as much revenue as one freestyle. Out of that princely sum, even ignoring the actual labour of maintaining it, presumably, Franck has to pay software fees, licensing fees, hosting fees, etc. etc.

Franck
5th-September-2007, 02:59 PM

ie whats the £20 for ?

Ceroc must pay for some of this site ?

can we have a 2007 update ?Generally, subscriptions do not quite cover the cost of running the forum. I receive no payment for advertising from Ceroc or anyone, beyond the pittance Google put my way when non-Silver Members click on ads.

The £20.00 is for a bunch of extras you can enjoy that will make your Forum experience more complete: be invisible, removing the Ads, see the 'who's online page', start a blog, use the chat rooms, etc. Those extras (like extra limits on PMs, photos and videos, as well as using chat & blog) also add to my hosting costs.

Upgrading to Silver Membership is entirely optional as you can use the forum fully without it. I am very grateful however that many of you support the forum in that way.

Double Trouble
5th-September-2007, 03:46 PM
Generally, subscriptions do not quite cover the cost of running the forum. I receive no payment for advertising from Ceroc or anyone, beyond the pittance Google put my way when non-Silver Members click on ads.

So basically you do this for love not money.:confused:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you don't make any money how the hell do you manage?

Surely 'the forum' must be a full time job. Are you rich? Can you afford not to do a proper job and run a forum that makes no money.

I'm not trolling by the way...I'm genuinely interested how it all works.:flower:

Franck
5th-September-2007, 03:59 PM
So basically you do this for love not money.:confused:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but if you don't make any money how the hell do you manage?

Surely 'the forum' must be a full time job. Are you rich? Can you afford not to do a proper job and run a forum that makes no money.

I'm not trolling by the way...I'm genuinely interested how it all works.:flower::nice: I teach Ceroc, run Ceroc nights and events in Scotland and run the forum mostly for the love of it you're right. I'm not rich, I wish, and I do need to make money from the events I run so I can continue doing so. I am, however happy to invest some of the profits of successful nights into loss making nights or focus workshops so that I can improve as a teacher and help raise the standard of dancers here. I am also happy to invest money into the forum.

The reason I started the forum, was to create a community of dancers (initially in Scotland) so that when someone from Glasgow met an Aberdeen dancer they would be able to keep in touch. My other aim was to raise the profile of Scotland as a great place to dance.
Both my original aims have been met (and exceeded) so I believe the few thousands of pounds it has cost me have been worth it.

Twirly
5th-September-2007, 04:20 PM
Both my original aims have been met (and exceeded) so I believe the few thousands of pounds it has cost me have been worth it.

Never mind your role as cupid :awe: :cheers:

Only one slight problem... we keep luring the Scots away down south :whistle:

(though I've been lured on on an occaional basis too)

David Bailey
5th-September-2007, 04:25 PM
Only one slight problem... we keep luring the Scots away down south
I assumed that was all part of the cunning long-term invasion plan...

stewart38
5th-September-2007, 04:30 PM

I would guess there were more people waiting for a Northern line today then live in Scotland :whistle:

My subscription is on the way if it help get DJ a new wig im all for that :waycool:

Double Trouble
5th-September-2007, 04:52 PM

Yeah..thanks for that. *insert trying to look enthusiastic smilie*

:rofl:

Connie
5th-September-2007, 04:58 PM

Uh sounds like a good story, do tell ? :clap:

Minnie M
5th-September-2007, 05:04 PM
Thank you Franck :respect::love::hug::yeah:

I am more than happy to pay the yearly amount of £20 - for the fun and friendship I have had from the forum it is true value for money - not sure when my subscription is due - how do I find out ???

Caro
5th-September-2007, 05:09 PM

oh dear... have a look at the Singletons sofa thread, if you can spare a couple of months... :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2007, 05:11 PM
I would guess there were more people waiting for a Northern line today then live in Scotland :whistle:

Perhaps, Stewart, but how many of them were as happy as those who do live in Scotland :na:

Cruella
5th-September-2007, 05:12 PM
- not sure when my subscription is due - how do I find out ???
Actually that is one improvement I think would be good. Is it possible to give us warning as to when our subscription is about to run out? Usually I log on to find i'm no longer a Silver member and I had no idea it was about to run out. :sad:

Twirly
5th-September-2007, 05:21 PM

Let's just say that there have been several forum "couplings" :wink: Beo and I are one such pair. Wayaay Bird has actually lured Jammy down south (and across to work for Ceroc London), and I'm in the process of trying to do the same with Beo (though it's taking a mite longer :rolleyes:). DT has "acquired" Gav :wink: There's probably more, but those are the ones which spring to mind.

There, you don't have to go and hunt round the Singleton's Sofa now - if you did, you might get stuck in one of the parallel universes which pop up in their occasionally, or be so lured by the siren tastes of the virtual (and fat free) cakes that you'd never get out again :D

Actually that is one improvement I think would be good. Is it possible to give us warning as to when our subscription is about to run out? Usually I log on to find i'm no longer a Silver member and I had no idea it was about to run out. :sad:

:yeah: Haven't had this yet, as haven't been a silver member for a year as yet, but suspect that I won't have a clue.

ducasi
5th-September-2007, 05:31 PM
... not sure when my subscription is due - how do I find out ???
Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php).

Franck
5th-September-2007, 05:39 PM
Actually that is one improvement I think would be good. Is it possible to give us warning as to when our subscription is about to run out? Usually I log on to find i'm no longer a Silver member and I had no idea it was about to run out. :sad:The Forum should already notify you if your Silver Membership is about to expire, assuming you receive Forum emails. There was however a glitch with some of the older subscriptions which did not send notification as the old membership had been replaced by the current one.

So for most people, you'll receive an email warning you to renew your subscription.

I'm not actually sure if you can find out the status of your membership (and end date). Lynda, your renewal is due on the 9th of October. :hug:

Cruella
5th-September-2007, 05:46 PM
The Forum should already notify you if your Silver Membership is about to expire, assuming you receive Forum emails.
Aha, no I don't recieve emails. I presumed a PM or some other sort of notification on the actual forum would have been better.
So when's mine due Franck? :wink:

Franck
5th-September-2007, 05:51 PM
Aha, no I don't recieve emails. I presumed a PM or some other sort of notification on the actual forum would have been better.
So when's mine due Franck? :wink:If you follow Ducasi's link:

Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php). you'd find out you're renewal is due on the 13th of September. :nice:

Cruella
5th-September-2007, 05:58 PM
I got confused by the fact that he quoted Minnie Mouse and then provided a link to my profile.:confused: (It's easily done to me :blush:)

Minnie M
5th-September-2007, 06:08 PM
Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php).

Thanks ducasi - got a month to go

I'm not actually sure if you can find out the status of your membership (and end date). Lynda, your renewal is due on the 9th of October.

Thanks Franck

If I renew now would I get 13 months - or should I wait for the reminder

Isis
5th-September-2007, 09:35 PM
I didn't get notified that my mebership had run out, and now I've been demoted from Senior Member to Registered User:tears::tears::tears:

Isis
5th-September-2007, 09:36 PM
No I'm not - I've been promoted again:clap::clap::clap:

ducasi
5th-September-2007, 09:43 PM
I got confused by the fact that he quoted Minnie Mouse and then provided a link to my profile.:confused: (It's easily done to me :blush:)
The link I gave works for everyone – not just you and Lynda. :)

Lou
5th-September-2007, 09:52 PM
Mine doesn't show a date - does that mean I'll get it for free? :flower:

Cruella
5th-September-2007, 09:58 PM

Ah, so it means everyone gets to see their own details. I was worried you were getting everyone to look at mine! :sick:

Lou
5th-September-2007, 10:46 PM
Sorted now. :wink:

jinski
6th-September-2007, 12:53 AM
Generally, subscriptions do not quite cover the cost of running the forum. I receive no payment for advertising from Ceroc or anyone, beyond the pittance Google put my way when non-Silver Members click on ads.

The £20.00 is for a bunch of extras you can enjoy that will make your Forum experience more complete: be invisible, removing the Ads, see the 'who's online page', start a blog, use the chat rooms, etc. Those extras (like extra limits on PMs, photos and videos, as well as using chat & blog) also add to my hosting costs.Thanks for the info I've been wondering about the actual benefits for a month or so - or rather since I got myself organised so I could access the forum from home :rolleyes:

As a random side issue how does one post a reply on a certain thread and get the quote they want in a nice neat box???:confused:

I am obviously being thick! :blush:

Lory
6th-September-2007, 07:36 AM
As a random side issue how does one post a reply on a certain thread and get the quote they want in a nice neat box???:confused:

I am obviously being thick! :blush:

You have to make sure you leave the QUOTE at the beginning of what you'd like to keep and the /QUOTE at the end complete and very importantly you must make sure the 'Brackets' [ ] surrounding the QUOTE /QUOTE are intact too!

I hope that makes sense? :flower:

Lynn
19th-September-2007, 09:37 AM
I got a reminder, but I thought my subscription renewed automatically and I didn't need to do anything? And it hasn't - help what do I do?

Franck
19th-September-2007, 09:45 AM
I got a reminder, but I thought my subscription renewed automatically and I didn't need to do anything? And it hasn't - help what do I do?Hi Lynn,

All you need to do is click on the 'Paid Subscriptions Page link (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php)' and purchase the Silver membership for a year or 3 months, using your Paypal account.

If you don't have a Paypal account or would rather pay using a different method, PM me and I'll process your upgrade manually.

Thanks, :nice:

Lynn
19th-September-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Franck, sorted. I just thought it renewed automatically or I would have done that last night.

stewart38
16th-September-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok maybe being thick but im assuming my paying membership has expired ?

Cant see who has repped me

I had a auto paypal thing on hotmail with error on it, but didnt connect it to this site and that card is cancelled

Where is the link to pay ??

I don’t care if my money goes towards the site of Franks pocket its well worth the money

Dreadful Scathe
16th-September-2008, 05:59 PM
Ah, so it means everyone gets to see their own details. I was worried you were getting everyone to look at mine! :sick:
he was, he's just being nice

(ducasi - you could have had her going then :) )

stewart38
1st-October-2008, 02:43 PM
Ok maybe being thick but im assuming my paying membership has expired ?

Cant see who has repped me

I had a auto paypal thing on hotmail with error on it, but didnt connect it to this site and that card is cancelled

Where is the link to pay ??

I don’t care if my money goes towards the site of Franks pocket its well worth the money

I think Pay Pal was trying to take from my old now deceased credit card

After I have tried to change credit card and fluffing around , it seems its taken 2 payments (from e-mail notification) and I still cant see things (like who has repped me ?)

whats going on ?

Franck
1st-October-2008, 05:18 PM
I think Pay Pal was trying to take from my old now deceased credit card

After I have tried to change credit card and fluffing around , it seems its taken 2 payments (from e-mail notification) and I still cant see things (like who has repped me ?)

whats going on ?Hi Stewart,

I have checked the Paypal system and you did pay twice (though it meant your silver membership had been extended by 2 years until September 2010). I have now issued a refund for the extra £20.00 so you should get it credited back to your Paypal account.
I have checked your Forum status and you are showing as a Silver Member so all the features should be accessible to you.

P.S. Congratulations to you and Caroline. :awe:

Northants Girly
19th-February-2010, 01:14 PM
Yesterday I had an email saying that my membership had been renewed/paid automatically via my cc card. However, today it looks like I've been demoted to being just a registerd user rather than a member and there are bits of the forum I can't get access to I assume because of this. What's happened? :confused:

Lory
19th-February-2010, 05:59 PM
Yesterday I had an email saying that my membership had been renewed/paid automatically via my cc card. However, today it looks like I've been demoted to being just a registerd user rather than a member and there are bits of the forum I can't get access to I assume because of this. What's happened? :confused:

I'll let Franck know, its probably just a glitch :hug:

Baruch
23rd-February-2010, 12:22 AM
I'll let Franck know, its probably just a glitch :hug:
It's a glitch that's affected me too then. I got an email telling me my card had been charged last Friday, but I'm shown as a "registered user" on the Forum. Not good when you're paying for the privilege.

Lory
23rd-February-2010, 01:19 AM
It's a glitch that's affected me too then. I got an email telling me my card had been charged last Friday, but I'm shown as a "registered user" on the Forum. Not good when you're paying for the privilege.

Hi hun, Franck's been away for the weekend at Swish From Friday till today, so fear not, I'm sure it'll get sorted in the next day or so! :flower:

None of us other mods have access to deal with that side of things.

Baruch
23rd-February-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi hun, Franck's been away for the weekend at Swish From Friday till today, so fear not, I'm sure it'll get sorted in the next day or so! :flower:

None of us other mods have access to deal with that side of things.
Cheers, Lory.

Jay Jay
27th-August-2010, 03:39 PM
Seems that I have been stripped of my 'silver' membership :tears: Why? My lovely avatar has gone :sad:...............can I be reinstated I am fully paid up!

Beowulf
20th-September-2010, 10:20 AM
seems i to have a silver membership problem.. although not in the way you'd think.

(a) I don't think I've renewed my silver membership
(b) I seem to have a very odd entry in my membership details.

Subscription Title ilver membership (1 year = £20.00 - Get 2 months FREE)
Start Date 13th-June-2008
Expiry Date 13th-June-2013

erm .. :doh:

as far as I'm aware I've NOT pre-paid for the next three years !! Just hope this hasn't come off my account as such. But then I have so much coming off and into my paypal account it's hard to keep track. :banghead:

Lynn
20th-September-2010, 01:38 PM
seems i to have a silver membership problem.. although not in the way you'd think.

(a) I don't think I've renewed my silver membership
(b) I seem to have a very odd entry in my membership details.

Subscription Title ilver membership (1 year = £20.00 - Get 2 months FREE)
Start Date 13th-June-2008
Expiry Date 13th-June-2013

erm .. :doh:

as far as I'm aware I've NOT pre-paid for the next three years !! Just hope this hasn't come off my account as such. But then I have so much coming off and into my paypal account it's hard to keep track. :banghead:My silver membership renewed itself, which it seems to do by default (which I don't like - I'd rather it asked me first) - it says I've paid by Paypal - but now my Inbox has been reduced to 400 messages?

So not sure if I have Silver membership or not...?

Gav
20th-September-2010, 01:48 PM
My silver membership renewed itself, which it seems to do by default (which I don't like - I'd rather it asked me first) - it says I've paid by Paypal - but now my Inbox has been reduced to 400 messages?

Next to your posts it has "Registered User" so I'd say not :confused:

Lynn
20th-September-2010, 02:07 PM
Next to your posts it has "Registered User" so I'd say not :confused:I paid £20 last week - its gone out of my account...

Franck
20th-September-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry about the recent issues with the Silver Membership System. There seems to be problem with the Paypal interface. I have verified and manually fixed your status.

I am planning a major Forum upgrade soon, which hopefully will fix a few of the recent problems as well as adding new features (like Facebook integration)...

Not sure what happened for you Beo, I have corrected the date back to 2011...

Gav
20th-September-2010, 03:51 PM
I am planning a major Forum upgrade soon, which hopefully will fix a few of the recent problems as well as adding new features (like Facebook integration)...

Facebook Integration! It's like Geek pornography :D
I can see all the geeks running for clean undies on the day you announce that the iphone/android app is available. :lol:

JiveLad
20th-September-2010, 04:07 PM
I can't find my membership status - though I don't think I am Silver now. I thought it was on a recurring PayPal set up. How do I check? I can't see it on the User CP

philsmove
20th-September-2010, 05:26 PM
. How do I check? I can't see it on the User CP
look under paid subscriptions

JiveLad
20th-September-2010, 05:38 PM
look under paid subscriptions

Thanks - I can see that is where I can pay £3 or £20 to make a new subscription.

What I was looking for is the history of my subscriptions - the kind of thing you get on other web sites. So dates, amounts paid etc............

Does that exist?

Gav
31st-October-2010, 05:26 PM
My silver membership renewed itself, which it seems to do by default (which I don't like - I'd rather it asked me first) - it says I've paid by Paypal - but now my Inbox has been reduced to 400 messages?

Same for me too now (although I'm happy for mine to auto renew), rather irritatingly as it came out of my paypal account a while back and still no silver membership...

Gav
31st-October-2010, 08:02 PM
Same for me too now (although I'm happy for mine to auto renew), rather irritatingly as it came out of my paypal account a while back and still no silver membership...

Thanks whoever fixed it. :flower: