PDA

View Full Version : Fun Poll - Shoes for Ladies

Lou
14th-October-2002, 11:39 AM
I was inspired by Gadget's question about shoes. I've found that I can only seem to dance LeRoc to a "reasonable" standard :wink: in one type of shoe - my lace-up Oxfords. I've tried in others: Ballroom, Salsa, etc., but I always feel uncomfortable or unstable.

I was just wondering what you other Lasses wear? Especially anyone who can manage to spin in Dance Sneakers - how do you do it?

Rachel
14th-October-2002, 12:05 PM
I wear the character-type dance shoes - which I had to buy as a bit of an emergency one Camber when the heel snapped off my usual shoes. Up til then, I'd just worn regular heeled shoes for Ceroc, and can't say I notice much difference (except price!).

I'll also wear my flat jazz shoes for workshops or when a dance floor is really slippery, but like to have some height with a heel - especially since, being so small, most men tower over me.

I have to say, though, I definitely notice a difference in my dancing when I'm wearing jazz shoes - much more bendy and bouncy - but there's something that just doesn't feel quite right when I'm that low.

I've wondered the same as you about the dance sneakers - they look brilliant but I'm not sure I could wear them for a couple of reasons - partly because they only look right with trousers and I never wear trousers to Ceroc (cos I've never found any comfortable and cool enough - or ones that don't make my bum look huge!!). And partly cos I was worried about not being able to spin in them. I'd love to know if any ladies find them good for spinning??

My partner's got the dance sneakers with the spin spot and swears by them - and his spins are pretty amazing for a guy. I'm really not sure what difference that spin spot can make, though -is it just a marketing ploy, or does it really work?
Rachel

Dancing Veela
14th-October-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
I've wondered the same as you about the dance sneakers - they look brilliant but I'm not sure I could wear them for a couple of reasons - partly because they only look right with trousers and I never wear trousers to Ceroc (cos I've never found any comfortable and cool enough - or ones that don't make my bum look huge!!).

That's another good discussion Rachel - what to wear on your feet when you HAVE to wear a skirt because you don't look good in trousers.

I need to wear heels in an attempt to make my legs look even half decent but heels aren't that comfy. I'd like nice dance shoes with a heel (and without a cross bar because they are terrible for plump ankles).

I know I won't be dancing at midnight on Sunday at the champs because my feet won't be able to take the pace of the day - just call me Cinderella!

Emma
14th-October-2002, 06:45 PM
I love my dance sneakers, they give me very happy feet. I can spin just fine in them, they have a spin spot, though frankly I'm not convinced it makes a difference to the spinnyness of them - it's the smooth sole that does that. I regularly wear them with a skirt and think they look fine...though it depends on the skirt I guess. I did wear them with a slinky black dress the other day and think it probably looked a little incongruous, but it was well into the evening and my feet were killing me.... :waycool: I get to the point where I'd rather dance comfortably than cripple myself. (Still got blisters from a wedding I went to the other week - ouch!!)

I have another pair of sance shoes - Bleyer 'swivel' which have a wedge heel and are almost as comfortable as the sneakers. They have suede soles and have now got so slippery (despite all the brushing etc) I need to have them re-soled to avoid dancefloor wipeout. :what: :what:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2002, 07:01 PM
Well I swear by my trainers - I have two pairs, one fabric and one leather. They both have the spin spot and to be honest I haven't tried any that don't. I spin well in them (hope that doesn't sound too big headed!) - easily as well as in my shoes and I do think they give me more grip if the floor is particularly slippy. They are superbly comfy and because they have a split sole it feels as if you have a heel on. I wear them whenever I go to workshops and I can dance all day and still not have sore feet.:D They give you extra bounce as well (only in your feet though! :wink: ) as the sole is thicker than normal dance shoes. The only problem with them - otherwise I would never have them off my feet - is that you can't wear them with most skirts and dresses. I wear trousers a lot more often than I used to now but it's not a huge problem for me - I like trousers too:yum:

I have a pair of character shoes which have a padded insole, leather sole and a cuban type heel. I usually wear them when I want to wear a skirt but they have the bar across the front and I do feel that it's like wearing your school shoes. They are comfortable too but I haven't danced wearing them all day and all night and if you don't have tights on the dye comes off on your feet when you get hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tears: I'm in the process of getting a brogue type shoe (with a cuban heel again) but with a lace up front - don't know how this will look with a slinky frock though:sad:

When I'm in a totally glittery mood (happens quite often I'm afraid:sorry ) I have gold sparkly ballroom shoes. They have the suede type sole and a small heel which is thinner than the cuban one. They are great for spinning in too and look much more dressy - only thing is they have open toes - not always a good idea on a crowded dance floor :tears: :tears:

I will most definitely be dancing right up until the last record on Saturday and Sunday - make the most of it Veela, you can nurse your feet on Monday when you get home.
Hope to see you there and please come and introduce yourself. I'll be amongst the MAD Dundee lot - just look at everyone's feet and you'll figure out which one I am:wink:

Dancing Veela
14th-October-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

I will most definitely be dancing right up until the last record on Saturday and Sunday - make the most of it Veela, you can nurse your feet on Monday when you get home.
Hope to see you there and please come and introduce yourself. I'll be amongst the MAD Dundee lot - just look at everyone's feet and you'll figure out which one I am:wink:

Sheena I will make a point of introducing myself to the Dundee crowd - see the new thread - how will we know where to find the Dundee Crowd other than watching your team event?????

Sandy
14th-October-2002, 08:56 PM
Well I swear by my trainers - I have two pairs, one fabric and one leather. They both have the spin spot and to be honest I haven't tried any that don't. I spin well in them (hope that doesn't sound too big headed!) - easily as well as in my shoes and I do think they give me more grip if the floor is particularly slippy. They are superbly comfy and because they have a split sole it feels as if you have a heel on.

I WANT YOUR SHOES SHEENA!:tears:

My feet are a constant problem, even the shoe websites have given up on me!:tears: :tears:

HELP!

Sandy

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

how will we know where to find the Dundee Crowd other than watching your team event?????

Well - I hate to say it but I think you'll just KNOW:wink: - We'll no doubt have the madest table (or 6) in the whole place. I'll try and get a banner made so you all know where we are. Hopefully when the music starts we'll not be anywhere near any table:yum:
If in doubt look for Gus' flashy trousers - he's an honorary Dundonian now according to FC:devil:

LilyB
14th-October-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I've found that I can only seem to dance LeRoc to a "reasonable" standard :wink: in one type of shoe - my lace-up Oxfords. I've tried in others: Ballroom, Salsa, etc., but I always feel uncomfortable or unstable. If I am dancing modern jive or swing, my personal preference is for close-fitting (lace-up or bar) shoes with 1"-2" heels and suede soles. As I am fastidious about technique, I prefer shoes with a moderate heel ie. 1"-2" because they help to project your weight slightly forwards, enabling a more natural toe-in action. I find that when I wear flat shoes, I get lazy and tend to dance with heel leads. However, the majority of people who dance modern jive do not worry about technique or do not necessarily consider heel leads to be a bad thing, hence I do stress that heels are a personal preference for me.

I also find that suede soles provide sufficiently good grip for most of the dance floors I have been on, but I do have to brush them frequently to get rid of the accumulated muck. If the floor is extremely slippery, then I have to resort to rubber-soled jazz shoes which I don't particularly like.

Originally posted by Lou
I was just wondering what you other Lasses wear? Especially anyone who can manage to spin in Dance Sneakers - how do you do it? I realise that dance sneakers are a god-sent for slippery floors (and tired feet!) but I'm afraid I do not wear them as I do not like the look. David swears by them, as do many men, but then they don't have to worry about their feet looking good, do they?!!! As for spinning - I am a total loss anyway, never mind what shoes I have on. You could put me on a turntable and I still won't be able to spin without keeling over! :sorry

LilyB

filthycute
15th-October-2002, 12:03 PM

If in doubt look for Gus' flashy trousers - he's an honorary Dundonian now according to FC:devil:

With our reputation??? Hell i'm sure he's chuffed to bits at hearing that! :sick:
Mind you he is slightly MAd. A few more training sessions and he'll fit right in :wink:

filthycute x x

Gus
15th-October-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by filthycute

Mind you he is slightly MAd. A few more training sessions and he'll fit right in :wink:

filthycute x x

Who needs any more training .... I still have visions of me trying to demo a right handed archie spin on those creaking tables, with my shoes sticking to the surface and nearly leaving my kneecaps behind......

Think I just about qualify! And it would be an honour to be awarded membership of this most august body of MAd dancers!

Heather
15th-October-2002, 11:59 PM
As anyone who knows me will testify, I LOVE shoes , they are a passion of mine, my ex used to fight with me about the amount of shoes I had and called me Imelda! Needless to say, I just went out and bought a new pair of shoes every time we had an altercation, I have over 100 pairs of shoes ( a stormy relationship - no wonder we split up!!!!! LOL!!!!)
Although I love shoes, they must be comfortable, and since starting Ceroc a couple of years ago, I have begun a quest for the ultimate comfortable dancing shoe!
I have a Black Gamba character style shoes (very comfy), black Bleyer Suzi Q's ( comfy but a bit loose), Gandalfi Brogues ( I expected them to have padded insoles but they didn't),even a handmade gold leather pair from Freed but THE most comfortable shoes I have are Bleyer Swivel. I don't know of anyone else who wears them ( although I notice that Emma has a pair) , but I swear by them. I am now getting to the stage that I need replacement pair as mine are falling apart and are a bit whiffy!!
Someone suggested I put them through the washing machine on the delicate cycle but I'm a bit reluctant . Has anyone tried this??

:cheers:

Heather

Emma
16th-October-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Heather
THE most comfortable shoes I have are Bleyer Swivel.

Yay!! I love those shoes.:nice: :nice: . I too have a *small* but perfectly formed shoe obsession... Haven't managed to wear them to the stinky stage but..er..did feel forced to buy myself a second pair (black) cos the first (red) were so good. Not sure about the soles on the black ones..which have you got? (obsessive? Meee??) :cheers:

Claire
16th-October-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Emma

Yay!! I love those shoes.:nice: :nice: . I too have a *small* but perfectly formed shoe obsession... (obsessive? Meee??) :cheers:

This is the same woman who "had to accompany" me to buy my first pair of dancing shoes "just incase" i needed some help!!!
Now that ISSSSSS a shoe obsession!!!!!

but thanks Em for your help:grin: I love my new shoes!!!

Emma
16th-October-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by claire

Now that ISSSSSS a shoe obsession!!!!!

Nah, that's strong-arming someone out of trainers :wink: :wink: ..hey, once a teacher always a teacher..I know what's best!! :what:

Lou
16th-October-2002, 08:45 AM
As anyone who knows me will testify, I LOVE shoes , they are a passion of mine, my ex used to fight with me about the amount of shoes I had and called me Imelda!
:grin: Yup, my Mum always calls me Imelda, too.

Someone suggested I put them through the washing machine on the delicate cycle but I'm a bit reluctant . Has anyone tried this??
I've done it on several occasions with particularly whiffy trainers & they've survived OK. I haven't tried it with anything more fragile or precious, though. :what:

filthycute
16th-October-2002, 11:33 AM
I need replacement pair as mine are falling apart and are a bit whiffy!!

:cheers:
Heather

I got a powder from the chemists for my smelly dance shoes. I wore then without any socks and it got to the stage where i couldn't remove my shoes in public for fear of wiping out the ceroc class!! :sick:
It's made by Odour Eaters and it's called Nite Odour. It's in a little orange shaker.
You douse your shoes in it over night then shake it out in the morning. I used to just leave it in my shoes until i was next dancing. It takes a few times to work if your shoes are bad but it does work. HTH

filthycute x x

Rachel
16th-October-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
- what to wear on your feet when you HAVE to wear a skirt because you don't look good in trousers.

I need to wear heels in an attempt to make my legs look even half decent but heels aren't that comfy. I'd like nice dance shoes with a heel (and without a cross bar because they are terrible for plump ankles).
I've just been looking at shoe pictures ... and the Bleyer swivel shoes that people are talking about look so good. They'd look great with a skirt, and look really comfortable as well.

There are also some interesting looking shoes on the Tootsies website - don't know if you've seen them? Funky lace-up shoes with heels ... I like the look of the Lady Godiva ones which are kind of open, but laced, all the way up the front - I reckon they'd look good with a skirt and be pretty flattering for the legs:

http://www.tootsies.aweserv.com/claspics/ladygodiva.jpg
http://www.tootsies.aweserv.com/newpics/otoxford.htm

Rachel

Dancing Veela
16th-October-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

I've just been looking at shoe pictures ... and the Bleyer swivel shoes that people are talking about look so good. They'd look great with a skirt, and look really comfortable as well.

http://www.tootsies.aweserv.com/claspics/ladygodiva.jpg
http://www.tootsies.aweserv.com/newpics/otoxford.htm

Rachel

Thanks Rachel - I'll go have a look

Sharon
18th-October-2002, 02:12 PM
I've tried two types of dance shoes - 2 inch heel and 1 inch cuban heel both of which have leather soles. Despite trying to persevere with them several times I always end up changing into my dance trainers which I find are definitely better for spinning - suppose it depends on what you are used to.

Lou
28th-March-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
NEW SHOES
For the benefit of all us Imeldas out here - DESCRIBE!!!!

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Lou
For the benefit of all us Imeldas out here - DESCRIBE!!!!

nothing too exciting - just my firsy pair of the dance trainer things, and just plain black, although it is my ambition to own BRIGHT RED ONES by then end of the year....and they haven't shown up yet and I'm getting very frustrated. May have to go downstairs and stamp my foot.

So Lou, how many pairs of dance shoes is about right for a lady of the noughties?

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 02:09 PM
Shoes schmoes..... how many dances can you have with a man in one night without losing one's dignity !!!! Now that's serious !!!

Wx

Aleks
28th-March-2003, 02:10 PM
So Lou, how many pairs of dance shoes is about right for a lady of the noughties? [/B][/QUOTE]

This question wasn't directed at me, but as an honorary Imelda myself....I have 5 pairs of dance shoes; silver, gold, black (x3), but no RED either, so obviously I still don't own enough of them!

Lou
28th-March-2003, 02:12 PM
approximately...

1 pair Bloch High Profile (funky)
1 pair Bloch Stealth (for amazing spins)
2 pair Oxfords (for comfort)
1 pair silver & black dressy ballroom
1 pair Salsa
1 pair jazz split sole slippers (for loads of comfort)

And a pair of bright red Tango/Flamenco on order from Boogiesteps! :drool: :drool: :drool: (are you perhance waiting for the same ones?)

But that's the very minimum, I'd say!

Chicklet
28th-March-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Shoes schmoes..... how many dances can you have with a man in one night without losing one's dignity !!!! Now that's serious !!!

Wx

oohh please expand - I'm 99% sure I know what you're talking about here (unlike fireman sam where I admit to being WAAAAAAY off:wink: ) but exactly how would hte losing of one's dignity manifest itself and we can do a poll and work out if it's worth it???

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Lou
approximately...

1 pair Bloch High Profile (funky)
1 pair Bloch Stealth (for amazing spins)
2 pair Oxfords (for comfort)
1 pair silver & black dressy ballroom
1 pair Salsa
1 pair jazz split sole slippers (for loads of comfort)

And a pair of bright red Tango/Flamenco
But that's the very minimum, I'd say!

But surely it's not the shoes that matter it's what you do with them that counts !!!

......(I've only got one wee pair of plain black shoes..... :tears: :tears: :tears: mind you , I did try on those red ones and didn't think they were very comfortable for CEROC )

Wx

Divissima
28th-March-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
So Lou, how many pairs of dance shoes is about right for a lady of the noughties?

As Lou has so graciously illustrated, when it comes to dance shoes (or any shoes for that matter) too much is never enough :grin:

I thought I had more shoes than I could justify (currently six pairs: two dance sneakers, two Gamba Spanish although one of these is a replacement for the increasingly-disgraceful original pair, one practice and one sparkly diamante latin sandal for competition purposes) but I can't compete with Lou...

Will's partner at Blackpool was wearing the most amazing silver glitter sandals which I have been coveting :really:

To drag myself off track, some of the earlier posts suggest there might be a Scottish contingent dancing in London tonight - any ideas where (or have I got the wrong end of the stick??)

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 02:40 PM
Ummm.

Currently I own 8 pair of dance shoes/trainers. So I think I'm out in the lead on my own.....

2 pairs of black/white shoes (more importantly, with leather soles)
2 pairs black trainers
1 pair black 'slip on' trainers
1 pair red trainers
1 pair yellow trainers
1 pair purple trainers

Which is even more impressive against the fact that I only own 2 other pairs of footwear (one pair trainers, one pair shoes for work). :D

Steve

Lou
28th-March-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
mind you , I did try on those red ones and didn't think they were very comfortable for CEROC )
:rolleyes: :what: :rolleyes: :what:
Comfort?! Pah!! I've already got shoes that are comfortable, thank you very much! *wicked giggle*

Wendy
28th-March-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Comfort?! Pah!! I've already got shoes that are comfortable, thank you very much! *wicked giggle*

That's them !!! I've tried them with and without the metal bits !! They are fab !! I love them - but I have to have happy feet !!!

I might just get them to dress up in at home. I'm not really a shoe mad girl, you know. It's just red ones ....

Wx

PS Steve - any chance of sunspecs for Lucy ?????

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey....

Why is this a poll for ladies??

Since I've got more pairs of dance shoes than any of them, I should be allowed to vote too!! :D :sorry

Steve

Lou
28th-March-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
There was a male equivalent, iirc. You'll need to trawl the old threads! It looks like Franck decided to resurrect this thread for our off-topic Happy Bunny posts! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
28th-March-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Way to go Lou! They are fab!:drool:

Dave D's wife Louise bought these in Blackpool too - they are so seriously cool..................

I am having a problem at the moment deciding which trainers to buy - the red ones to go with my new red combat trousers (did I mention the new trousers Emma? - I really needed some new clothes you know:wink: )OR do I copy Steven (the dancing penguin) and get the SILVER ones - or throw caution to the wind and order them both - or buy a sneeky pair in London when the hubby isn't there to check up on me :eek:

I have 5 pairs at the moment -
My original character shoes - pah!
The Bleyer Suzie Q's - plain black - couldn't bring myself to order the black and whites even though I really wanted to.
Grey fabric trainers
Black leather trainers
Black ballroomy shoes with a silver glittery line across the front and cross over straps - very girly and totally comfy.
Gold sparkly ones

The other must have pair would be Debster's Blackpool showcase shoes - or just to hold them :D :D :D

Divissima
28th-March-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey....

Steve

I suspect because men would be put off by the 'overshare' in previous posts (regarding foot odour, etc.). Ladies are much more able to discuss such things freely among themselves.

As for Debster's shoes -

:drool: :drool: :drool:

TheTramp
29th-March-2003, 01:13 AM
Okie. Time to bow in the presence of a Master. Or maybe that should be Mistress?

Lily admitted tonight that she has over 50 pairs of dance shoes. And more than that of the non-dance variety.

David says that she has more pairs of dance shoes that she's never worn, than I own.

All bow down :D

Steve

Emma
29th-March-2003, 01:23 AM
Lily and I decided that this is an entirely sensible thing. After all, there might be some sort of terrible shoe shortage in the future - you never know! :what:

Lou, those red 'uns..I have my eye on them..delicious.....

Sheena - I have my eye on those black 'uns with the sparkly bit..delovely...

Let's face it..I basically have my eye on most dance shoes...

Tomorrow I have every intention of buying myself a new pair of trainers...I've been meaning to and now my first ones are getting a bit worn I feel I have enough excuse..and anyway..I want RED ones! (what is it about red shoes??). :nice:

Wendy
29th-March-2003, 01:36 AM
(what is it about red shoes??). :nice:

Dorothy's have a lot to answer for I think ! And didn't we all skip in our red Clarke's sandals when we were little ??? It's all about happy memories, standing out from the crowd and making our feet want to smile... I could go on .... when I'm happy I want to buy red shoes and when I'm sad I want to buy red shoes to cheer myself up.. in France they have loads more red shoes than we do .... red is passion... blood... being alive !!!!

And now I know why Lily is a better dancer than I am !!! 49 pairs to go and I'll be just as good as she is !!!

Wx

Ps And Bowie sang "Let's dance. Put on your red shoes and dance the blues !!!!" Wow beat that !!!!! If only someone would dance THAT one with me !!!!

Heather
29th-March-2003, 08:59 AM
:D You are right Wendy!!! There is something about red shoes, a statement of self confidence perhaps?? I don't know, I recently bought a pair of red 'Swivel' shoes, and count myself lucky to have them as I was told they are now discontinued.
In my opinion, the swivel dance shoes, made by Bleyer, are THE most comfortable shoes I have EVER owned, and I, like Lily have more pairsof shoes than I can ever possibly hope to wear!!!! LOL
What is it about shoes??? There was recently an art exhibition in Dundee called 'Shoe', in which all kinds of shoes were on display. For a while there was even a craze for little miniature pottery shoes!!
According to Elvis Costello even "The angels want to wear my red shoes".
I must get into town this week, I haven't bought a pair of shoes for ages!!!!!:wink:

:kiss:
Heather

Wendy
29th-March-2003, 09:39 AM
Those sound magical !!! There should be a Red Shoes Day !!!

Wxxx

Graham
29th-March-2003, 10:30 AM
Lily admitted tonight that she has over 50 pairs of dance shoes. And more than that of the non-dance variety.

That's a serious Imelda tendency there! :grin:

Heather
29th-March-2003, 10:38 AM
:D :D Lily, You are a woman after my own heart!!!!!!
Heather.

Heather
29th-March-2003, 10:40 AM
:D :D Wendy, a brilliant idea- there's already a Red Nose Day, so why not a Red Shoes Day !!!:grin:
Heather.

Wendy
29th-March-2003, 10:58 AM
:D :D Wendy, a brilliant idea- there's already a Red Nose Day, so why not a Red Shoes Day !!!:grin:
Heather.

Feel a theme for a party coming on ..... Boogie Rouge.... Red or Dead..... Red My Lips... some nonsense... where's Franck when you need him ???!!! :wink:

Wx

Emma
29th-March-2003, 11:53 AM
I recently bought a pair of red 'Swivel' shoes, and count myself lucky to have them as I was told they are now discontinued.

Wah! See what I mean?! Shoe shortage! :what: :what: :tears:

Heather
30th-March-2003, 11:27 AM
:D :D Never mind Emma, if the worst came to the worst, I'm sure LilyB would lend a pair!!! What size are you anyway, Lily ???:wink:
Debster, What size are you, I WANT, your Blackpool showcase shoes. (Try them on at least!!!!!:wink: )
Heather.

Emma
30th-March-2003, 11:54 AM

Debster, What size are you, I WANT, your Blackpool showcase shoes. (Try them on at least!!!!!:wink: )

I missed these shoes, and as they are gaining legendary shoe status I feel very much left out...is there a picture anywhere? :D

Divissima
30th-March-2003, 12:05 PM
I missed these shoes, and as they are gaining legendary shoe status I feel very much left out...is there a picture anywhere? :D

I don't believe there is a picture - but you can see them in action at the Ceroc champs...

Dance Demon
30th-March-2003, 12:19 PM
careful now!!!!........posting pictures of footware may be cosidered to be pornography for shoe fetishists:wink: :sorry

Emma
30th-March-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
careful now!!!!........posting pictures of footware may be cosidered to be pornography for shoe fetishists:wink: :sorry

Erm... :sorry um...:sorry.. er...:sorry

Who...meeee??? :innocent: :innocent:

LilyB
30th-March-2003, 09:19 PM
....... I recently bought a pair of red 'Swivel' shoes, and count myself lucky to have them as I was told they are now discontinued.
In my opinion, the swivel dance shoes, made by Bleyer, are THE most comfortable shoes I have EVER owned, and I, like Lily have more pairsof shoes than I can ever possibly hope to wear!!!! LOL
Heather

Just got back from the Partyweekender in Warmwell, and guess what? Yes!!!!!!!! Bought myself another pair of shoes - the Bleyer Swivel in white. Happiness (for me at least) is a pair of new shoes. :D I didn't know the red ones had been discontinued - I would have got those instead as they had a few in stock. Well, as Emma and myself agreed, a girl simply cannot have too many shoes.:wink:

Heather, I do actually hope to wear all my shoes. It's just that I have to make sure there is a ready supply of new ones (of each style) stashed in the cupboard in case of urgent need eg. for cabarets, competitions, balls, etc. BTW I am a size 3 and a half, so in case of emergency when in London, you can call on me for a shoe loan.:D

LilyB

Debster
4th-April-2003, 02:45 AM
How could I miss a good shoe conversation for so long??!!:really: :nice:

My apologies ladies...

No, I don't think there is a good photo of my shoes, but as reported by Divissima I will give them another outing at the Ceroc Champs on May 4. I've also been tempted to bring them along to Walthamstow on Saturday, but considering their popularity it may not be safe to risk losing them before the champs!

I spent ages on them so I'm glad they were noticed :nice:

And BTW - size information is strictly confidential until after my showcase :wink: