philsmove
25th-July-2004, 11:36 AM
Many of the classes in the Bristol Area close for a summer Break

And some of us are thinking of moving!! :confused:

But we want an area were the dancing goes on all year :nice:

Do the classes in your area close for the summer

Lynn
25th-July-2004, 11:50 AM
Do the classes in your area close for the summer Yep! Mind you, there only is one MJ class in NI at present. It stopped in early May :tears: and probably won't start until late September :tears: But there has been a good outcome as we are organising a workshop for August (due to a very kind forumite flying over to teach it! :hug: ) which will be the first ever MJ workshop in Northern ireland, and I think will give the whole MJ scene here (which is still pretty small) a great boost. :clap: And especially because there have been no classes the dancers are really looking forward to it!

Tiggerbabe
25th-July-2004, 12:25 PM

Come to Scotland :wink: (you know you want to :D ) - ehrm, unless you want heat as well :blush: :blush:
None of the classes close over the summer, you have the choice of dancing most nights except Sunday and in a variety of towns :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
25th-July-2004, 03:00 PM
It's been a nice warm day the last couple of days Sheena....

Mind you. I do think that we need some more dancing on Fridays (once a month isn't enough). And definitely on Sunday! :D

Trampy

Gadget
25th-July-2004, 10:26 PM
Sunday Tea dance anyone?

Tiggerbabe
25th-July-2004, 11:10 PM
Sunday Tea dance anyone?
Now, there's a thought :whistle: :clap:

TheTramp
25th-July-2004, 11:16 PM
Anytime.....

Trampy

under par
26th-July-2004, 07:41 AM
Anytime.....

Trampy

So long as its a SUNDAY at TEATIME eh Steve!!!

Great to see ya back posting :hug:

Lory
27th-July-2004, 04:40 PM

Come to North London, theres about 3 different venues open on any one night, all within 30mins drive :clap:

Nicola
27th-July-2004, 04:40 PM
Close for the summer.......whats that???? :confused:

We never close! Not even bank holidays in most cases.
Sounds like you need a bit of the ceroc central magic Phil. If you move up this way there's loads of choice. Base yourself centrally like Northampton then you can dance every night of the week (if you want) within about 1/2 hour drive!!!!

Many of the classes in the Bristol Area close for a summer Break

But we want an area were the dancing goes on all year :nice:

Do the classes in your area close for the summer

MartinHarper
28th-July-2004, 03:16 PM
The two local places to me that have shut for August have "terms" - so most of the beginners start together at around the same time - rather than encouraging people to join whenever they fancy, a la Ceroc. With this setup, having a Summer break makes more sense, I think. You get a definate beginning, and a definate end.

Gadget
28th-July-2004, 05:08 PM
:confused: So they teach the same syllabus of ever increasing difficulty every year, starting at point A(novice) then developing to point B(intermediate) ?

MartinHarper
29th-July-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, it's not an identical syllabus, but that's the kinda idea. I'll start a new thread if anyone's interested.

Lynn
29th-July-2004, 09:06 PM
So its just me then who has no MJ classes at all, anywhere in the same country to go to over the summer :tears:

Good job I have a workshop and evening party here in Belfast in 2 weeks to look forward to - all thanks to Lounge Lizard! :clap: :worthy:

under par
30th-July-2004, 03:24 AM
So its just me then who has no MJ classes at all, anywhere in the same country to go to over the summer :tears:

Good job I have a workshop and evening party here in Belfast in 2 weeks to look forward to - all thanks to Lounge Lizard! :clap: :worthy:

I think emigration may be necessary Lynn.....

Well done to Peter for the workshop, hope he has a large suitcase for stowaways! :wink:

Lynn
30th-July-2004, 10:21 AM
Well done to Peter for the workshop, :yeah: We are really looking forward to it.

MartinHarper
8th-August-2004, 01:29 PM
From elsewhere:

When the weather (as it is a the moment) is very hot with little wind - dancing becomes almost unbearable

So maybe summer breaks aren't so bad? :)