PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Holiday

Pammy
22nd-July-2004, 11:19 AM
Well, some time ago we all talked about going away on a holiday to Paris; sadly that never came off.

I have heard; through the lovely Bardsey that there are a group of dancers hyjacking a muggles cruise ship for the week...

It's on November 24th. Please note this isn't a cruise organised by dancers, so it won't be like a Dance Holidays thing. More of a holiday that a lot of dancers just happen to be going on, so if anyone wants to join the crowd already going, get in touch... Should be excellent to get a bit of sun this winter :clap:

It's not all that expensive either. Prices are at around the 499 mark at the moment, which includes all your food. There is a cheap option to upgrade to all inclusive for those who enjoy the odd tipple. Bardsey and I think prices may come down even further from that.

Anyway, I know it's not Paris, but it is a chance to holiday with those you know and get on with, without paying extortionate prices for organised dance holidays...

Pamster
x

Description:-
Atlantic Island, Carousel
Enjoy an island-studded North Atlantic adventure. Take a week away from it all and indulge in a selection box of sunny destinations - some soft centered, some containing nuts (oh ok mountains!). Leaving Tenerife we head to Las Palmas, the vibrant capital of Gran Canaria before reaching Arrecife on the dramatic, volcanic isle of Lanzarote. We then sail towards the morning sun and the fabulous souks and bazaars of Agadir in Morocco. With the setting of the sun, its out of Africa and into the blue again for a lazy day at sea. Funchal, on Maderia is out next stop, for some cake and well Madeira! Then its time for a day's beachcombing on La Palma, before we head back to Tenerife, the island that never sleeps.

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-July-2004, 12:27 PM
Sounds lovely Pammy........

for those who have never been on cruises, go to www.cerocmetro.com and have a look at the picture galleries for the Jive 'n Cruise holiday.

An amazing time can be had on board - most modern cruise liners have so many facilities it's difficult to get to everything in one week.....

Jive 'n Cruise will probably run to the Carribean in Jan / Feb 2006 and at (usually) half the brochure price, well worth it......

Don't worry about tipping though - it is seemed by some as 'compulsory' however give what you think is right.

It was amazing in the Carib in Feb this year.....didn't see a Head Waiter all week long until it was the end of the cruise - tips were due and oh...here we are....

"Hello beautiful people, I am your head waiter and here to serve and help and wait on you hand and foot and be nice and get drinks and generally make myself really busy, kiss ass and please don't forget to tip me......bo*locks to that..." :mad:

Unfortunately I shall be doingother nautical things so can't go

Enjoy though...... :hug:

Pammy
22nd-July-2004, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately I shall be doingother nautical things so can't go

Shame, I believe they do "renewal of vows" on these big ships :whistle: :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-July-2004, 02:56 PM
Shame, I believe they do "renewal of vows" on these big ships :whistle: :rofl:

....but I haven't broken the old ones.....yet :devil: :devil: :devil: ...

Why would I need any new ones.......????

Bardsey
23rd-July-2004, 01:06 PM
It's on November 24th. Please note this isn't a cruise organised by dancers, so it won't be like a Dance Holidays thing. More of a holiday that a lot of dancers just happen to be going on, so if anyone wants to join the crowd already going, get in touch... Should be excellent to get a bit of sun this winter :clap:

Pamster
x

Description:-
Atlantic Island, Carousel
Enjoy an island-studded North Atlantic adventure. Take a week away from it all and indulge in a selection box of sunny destinations - some soft centered, some containing nuts (oh ok mountains!). Leaving Tenerife we head to Las Palmas, the vibrant capital of Gran Canaria before reaching Arrecife on the dramatic, volcanic isle of Lanzarote. We then sail towards the morning sun and the fabulous souks and bazaars of Agadir in Morocco. With the setting of the sun, its out of Africa and into the blue again for a lazy day at sea. Funchal, on Maderia is out next stop, for some cake and well Madeira! Then its time for a day's beachcombing on La Palma, before we head back to Tenerife, the island that never sleeps.

Ahem......sorry to rain on your parade matey, but its the 23rd November not 24th........just a minor point, I know, just thought I'd mention it......not that it matters to me.......just wanted you to know......besides I'm bored........da-de-da-de-da.......mmm mmmm.......oh well, I'll go and pester somebody else now.........

Pammy
26th-July-2004, 12:26 PM
but its the 23rd November not 24th........

:blush:

stewart38
5th-October-2005, 01:56 PM
Cant seem to contact anyone re this Jive and cruise holiday in January (Caribbean Crusie) :sad:

No repsonse to e-mail now the link is off the site and the phone nos given is dead

Has it been cancelled ??

Does anyone know who i can contact

I basically need to know the flight times

Gojive
5th-October-2005, 02:38 PM
Cant seem to contact anyone re this Jive and cruise holiday in January (Caribbean Crusie) :sad:

No repsonse to e-mail now the link is off the site and the phone nos given is dead

Has it been cancelled ??

Does anyone know who i can contact

I basically need to know the flight times

Try this number Stewart....

020 8385 9000 (Sandra)

I spoke to Sandra's partner about the cruise on Saturday, and he said they had about 35 couples going so far, with no hint of cancellations.