PDA

View Full Version : "Blackpool" - The Show

Mary
20th-July-2004, 08:54 PM
Look out for a new BBC 1 6-part drama which should be screening sometime in October starring our very own Will and Kate. OK, well not starring exactly but they did join us for a few days of filming at the Rivoli Ballroom. Our director and choreographer and the rest of the crew were all so impressed by them. They had a bit of a feature spot where they did some stunning moves and airsteps, and will also be appearing as background artists in the scenes we shot there - look out for the snogging couple!!!!! (yes, they were asked to snog, it wasn't their idea).

I was so proud of them as they were well-liked and admired by the crew and the full-time professional dancers - there was a lot of swapping of moves going on.

The show itself is a semi-musical drama set in Blackpool about an amusement arcade owner. It's got a bit of everything really - sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll. Will and Kate will be appearing in the final episode as part of a big wedding scene. I will post again when I have more details of transmission dates

M

Pammy
21st-July-2004, 10:12 AM
Sounds great, but hey Mary, the snogging scene just sounds like any regular night at Ceroc :wink: :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
21st-July-2004, 10:18 AM
Sounds great, but hey Mary, the snogging scene just sounds like any regular night at Ceroc :wink: :rofl:

Gutted........you danced with me at Chesham and we didn't snog....

My ex-wife as well.......tch, tch, tch :flower:

Pammy
21st-July-2004, 11:17 AM
Gutted........you danced with me at Chesham and we didn't snog....

My ex-wife as well.......tch, tch, tch :flower:

Not after Boomer saw you coming out from behind the stage curtain doing up your flies :eek: , how could I :wink: :rofl: :whistle:

Mary
31st-October-2004, 05:29 PM
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as there is now a confirmed transmission date for the show. The first episode goes out on Thursday 11th November at 9pm on BBC1 - set your video recorder. Shame it didn't get a Sunday evening slot, but I gather it was something to do with "Sports Personality of the Year" :(

Will and Kate don't appear until Ep 6 in December, but I think the whole series will be great fun to watch, as it is a semi-musical, semi-dance drama series.

The BBC website tells a bit more about it. www.bbc.co.uk/drama/blackpool

Oh, and Gordy, if you want to coerce Pammy into a snog then go and hi-jack somebody else's thread! :mad: :wink:

M

Chicklet
11th-November-2004, 02:42 PM
it's tonight!!!

Peter
11th-November-2004, 03:12 PM
The first episode goes out on Thursday 11th November at 9pm on BBC1 ... Will and Kate don't appear until Ep 6 in December

... so, if I have calculated correctly, that means we will all be able to see Rip van Will-kle in the flesh at 9pm on Thu 16 Dec ...

Lindsay
11th-November-2004, 08:07 PM
it's tonight!!!

will toon in...!

Stubob
12th-November-2004, 10:35 AM
I'll never be able to dance to "She's Not You" again without thinking about this programme. :whistle:

Chicklet
12th-November-2004, 11:15 AM
well ken't faces
shot in a place we all know and love :rofl:
lines like "it's as dead as Southport" :what:
an intriguing whodunnit little blackdress of a plot
with a co-ordinating sequined cape of musical tableaux

what more could anyone ask from an hour's entertainment?

"Elvis" I hear you cry
I rest my case! :D

Mary
12th-November-2004, 12:02 PM
well ken't faces
shot in a place we all know and love :rofl:
lines like "it's as dead as Southport" :what:
an intriguing whodunnit little blackdress of a plot
with a co-ordinating sequined cape of musical tableaux

what more could anyone ask from an hour's entertainment?

"Elvis" I hear you cry
I rest my case! :D

Didn't get back til very late last night from hols. So was it any good, and does the above mean you liked or hated it Chicklet!!!!!!!! I am hoping someone has recorded it so that we can watch it (not able to set timer on my recorder - long story).

M :whistle:

Chicklet
12th-November-2004, 12:10 PM
Didn't get back til very late last night from hols. So was it any good, and does the above mean you liked or hated it Chicklet!!!!!!!! I am hoping someone has recorded it so that we can watch it (not able to set timer on my recorder - long story).

M :whistle:

hope you had a good hol!

I loved it (for including all of the above!!) :waycool:

TheTramp
12th-November-2004, 12:17 PM
I ended up watching it last night too. Thought that it was quite funny. Especially the "tango" scene to 'These boots are made for walking' :rofl:

Trampy

Peter
12th-November-2004, 12:41 PM
I am hoping someone has recorded it so that we can watch it .. (not able to set timer on my recorder - long story).

I did! And yes you can.

[I wonder how many female forumites cannot set their VCR timers ... ]

Mary
12th-November-2004, 12:53 PM
I did! And yes you can.

[I wonder how many female forumites cannot set their VCR timers ... ]

Cheers Peter. And yes I do know how to set a VHS recorder, but I need a remote control (not the universal one I have now) - damned inconsiderate burglars took remote but not VHS!!! I know I have my blond moments - what about you?!!!
:wink:

M

ElaineB
12th-November-2004, 01:55 PM
I ended up watching it last night too. Thought that it was quite funny. Especially the "tango" scene to 'These boots are made for walking' :rofl:

Trampy

Yep and me! Reminded me a bit of 'Pennies from heaven'. I enjoyed watching Blackpool, except the constant chewing of gum (pet hate number 2) - yuch!

Can't wait to see Rip van Will-kle :rofl:

Elaine

Peter
12th-November-2004, 07:14 PM
I know I have my blond moments - what about you?!!! :wink: M

No blonde moments here ... more like grey days, sometimes months

Peter
12th-November-2004, 07:16 PM
Can't wait to see Rip van Will-kle :rofl: Elaine

Saw him at Fulham last night, with very short hair, no beard. Barely recognisable!

Chicklet
16th-December-2004, 10:38 PM
starring our very own Will and Kate.
hmmmm, I must be watching the special director's cut cos I saw Kate dancing with George Michael :confused: :what: :really:

Divissima
17th-December-2004, 12:35 AM
How cool! Will and Kate got loads of camera time - including a full-on snog :really: :wink:

ElaineB
17th-December-2004, 07:54 PM
How cool! Will and Kate got loads of camera time - including a full-on snog :really: :wink:

I thought that Will was trying to find Kate's tonsils! :whistle:

Elaine