PDA

View Full Version : Things we say then regret

stewart38
20th-July-2004, 02:52 PM
I wrote a stroppy letter to my dental practice about how I found them canceling appointments and then not being able to see me for 3 weeks as 'no good'.

I wish I had dealt with it by fone rather then that way, I think Im now going to be struck of the practice !

:sad:

Divissima
20th-July-2004, 02:59 PM
Hi Stewart

It might be worth finding out if your practice has a patient's code or charter, or is subject to any NHS or other code of customer rights. If they have a code then I imagine they will be obliged to send you a copy of the code - and it may well have something in it about the circumstances under which they can strike off patients. Striking you off simply for making a complaint about their service seems a bit extreme.
Just a thought.
La Diva

philsmove
20th-July-2004, 04:17 PM
Before posting the next letter keep it in your “Draft file” overnight, then read it the next day

You will be surprised how many get deleted

Provided you do always delete the file, you can write some really stroppy letters :mad: and get things off your chest. Just composing the letter can have a very therapeutic effect

Andy McGregor
20th-July-2004, 04:43 PM
Before posting the next letter keep it in your “Draft file” overnight, then read it the next day

You will be surprised how many get deleted

Provided you do always delete the file, you can write some really stroppy letters :mad: and get things off your chest. Just composing the letter can have a very therapeutic effect

I do this all of the time. very cathartic. Although I don't usually delete the letters, I just save them and don't send them. Eventually I'll have a letter of complaint for every eventuality.

Sometimes I write letters of apology and don't send them either :devil:

Lynn
20th-July-2004, 06:07 PM
There is an art to writing letters of complaint. Don't do it when you are still feeling angry (or write it but not send it as already suggested). Comment on the good points as well as the bad, if relevant. Make specific comments about what you weren't happy with and why, and maybe suggestions about how things can be improved.

If you have written in haste and regret it, you could follow up your letter with a phone call or another letter maybe apologising for the tone of your last one, explaining you were annoyed, without backing down from the issue you were unhappy about.

Lory
20th-July-2004, 07:01 PM
I wrote a stroppy letter to my dental practice about how I found them canceling appointments and then not being able to see me for 3 weeks as 'no good'.

I wish I had dealt with it by fone rather then that way, I think Im now going to be struck of the practice !

:sad: Dear Stewart I fear you might still live to regret it, EVEN if they don't strike you off!

I wouldn't fancy upsetting someone who's about to drill my teeth! :eek: :sick: :rofl:

Mikey
20th-July-2004, 08:05 PM
Sometimes I write letters of apology and don't send them either :devil:

no wonder I'm still waiting... :rolleyes:

fruitcake
20th-July-2004, 08:11 PM
:sick: Oh , I can't work out this new forum site yet but i like the smileys.
Once upon a time, I had a motorbike, was driving along road at night, and car pulled out right in front of me, I tooted, flashed, followed him down road, still tooting and flashing, then when we got to the lights, he got out of his car and walked towards me.
oh-oh I thought.
He said, I'm ever so sorry love but you don't have your lights on!
Mortifed...... :o

Fruitcake

stewart38
20th-July-2004, 08:15 PM
Dear Stewart I fear you might still live to regret it, EVEN if they don't strike you off!

I wouldn't fancy upsetting someone who's about to drill my teeth! :eek: :sick: :rofl:

This is so true !!! Ill phone tomorrow i think i cant make the date they gave me as i doing this Barcelona ceroc thing !

DianaS
21st-July-2004, 08:48 AM
An old joke but a good one:-

Young man walks into a dentist surgery and says
"The teacher hit me and got a fine,
the policeman pinned me down and got 6 months,
so if I feel a twinge, just even a twinge...."

I find the dentist really stressful and have let her know so she understands that although I'm a grown up I really don't mind if she uses the mannner that she would ususally reserve for the average 6 year old. She is really lovely and is very reassuring (I haven't had a filling for years but broke a tooth very badly as a achild and had some awfulexperiences then)
When I go to see her I say things like "its Friday you don't hurt people on Fridays do you?' and she'll respond "no never on Fridays"
it just reminds her that I'm need reassurance and we laugh

Hope that it goes well
best wishes
D

Gordon J Pownall
21st-July-2004, 09:37 AM
An old joke but a good one:-

Young man walks into a dentist surgery and says
"The teacher hit me and got a fine,
the policeman pinned me down and got 6 months,
so if I feel a twinge, just even a twinge...."

D

Best thing to do (if it's a male dentist) is to grab hold of his testicles in your hand.....

look sweetly into his eyes......

and say.....

"...Now we're not going to hurt each other are we......????????????"

Pammy
21st-July-2004, 10:01 AM
Back to the thread title: heard on the radio yesterday of a case in Amercia (where else? :rolleyes: ) of a man winning a bet.

His friends bet him he wouldn't put a loaded gun in his mouth and pull the trigger.

The man won the bet.... :what:

I guess they regretted suggesting that one....

Gordon J Pownall
21st-July-2004, 10:06 AM
Back to the thread title: heard on the radio yesterday of a case in Amercia (where else? :rolleyes: ) of a man winning a bet.

His friends bet him he wouldn't put a loaded gun in his mouth and pull the trigger.

The man won the bet.... :what:

I guess they regretted suggesting that one....

I wonder how much money the guy won.......? :really:

stewart38
23rd-July-2004, 11:31 AM

:sad:

They phoned apologised and gave me an appointment 2 weeks earlier ! :innocent:

Lynn
23rd-July-2004, 11:44 AM
They phoned apologised and gave me an appointment 2 weeks earlier ! :innocent: Result! Your got your complaint sorted... now be nice next time you are there and they will realise you are a nice person really.