PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai

Easter Bunny
19th-July-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Forumites,

Do we have any Bonsai experts out there ?
I am a great enthusiast but no expert and the pride of my collection - an acer / maple ? purchased at great expense for a recent 'big' birthday has been neglected lately with all my dance practice and holidays. It has completely dried up - all the leaves are shrivelled to a crisp - like autumn. I am watering it now - but will it recover - maybe next year ? Should I prune now to give it a boost ? or will the dead looking branches reshoot ? It is a large copse of round 8/10 trees (ie can't see it from my computer).

Any suggestions ?

Lesley

CJ
19th-July-2004, 02:23 PM
Will Lesley's plant recover in:

3 days
3 weeks
3 seasons
never?

Place your bets.............................................. .................................................. .....

NOW!!

Easter Bunny
20th-July-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry Ceroc Jock I must sound very sad - but so is my Bonsai and as it cost me 250 quid I am reluctant to give up on it!

(pound sign not working on my computer now - what's all that about????)

jivecat
20th-July-2004, 05:58 PM
250 quid !

Gasp! I'm turning pale with horror.

I don't know anything about bonsai but there is an excellent (but not quite as addictive as this one) forum called the Gardenweb forum. They have a UK section and a comprehensive section of gardening topics which I'm sure will include bonsai. If you ask them the same question I'm sure someone will have an answer.

fruitcake
20th-July-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, I'm no Bonsai expert, but ask me abouts hamsters, rabbits or rats and I'm your gal!!!
Sorry, but I felt i had to participate in this thread even thogh I know nothing about bonsai! :devil:
Fruitcake.

Now where else can I go next

CJ
21st-July-2004, 12:21 AM
Sorry Ceroc Jock I must sound very sad - but so is my Bonsai and as it cost me 250 quid I am reluctant to give up on it!

BONSAI??

Sorry for coming over insensitive... I thought it was Banzai!!!

:blush: :D :D :whistle:

DangerousCurves
21st-July-2004, 12:49 AM
Try looking in your yellow pages for a local bonsai shop.... many of them offer a tree hospital service, where they take in your invalid and nurse it back to health.

In my case, I got it back just to kill it off again :tears: . I love Bonsai trees, but don't seem to have any luck with them.

DianaS
21st-July-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi You've probably got the pound sign else where

Whatever character you get when you press the pound key find that key on the keyboard and press it and you will probably find the pound.
It is probably the printer driver if your not techie just tipeex over the two keys and write in whtat the key actually is
or find a teenager who will fix it in a jiffy!
D

Gordon J Pownall
21st-July-2004, 09:49 AM
It is probably the printer driver if your not techie just tipex over the two keys and write in whtat the key actually is
D

:yeah: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Check to see that your language setting is for the UK (English) and not some foreign rubbish like Welsh or Latvian....

Click on start / control panel / keyboards and see if there is problem there - you may need to change the settings...... :confused:

Easter Bunny
22nd-July-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the website jive cat - will give them a try.

Lesley

Easter Bunny
22nd-July-2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the tip - looking through my yellow pages as I post........

Easter Bunny
22nd-July-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi You've probably got the pound sign else where

Whatever character you get when you press the pound key find that key on the keyboard and press it and you will probably find the pound.
It is probably the printer driver if your not techie just tipeex over the two keys and write in whtat the key actually is
D

Hi Dianas,
I have already tried alternative keys - works with some but not others, including pound sign, but thanks anyway, will try other suggestions on forum.

regards,
Lesley

DangerousCurves
23rd-July-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the tip - looking through my yellow pages as I post........

Any Luck??? I think there's one here in Brighton... though that may be a bit far to transport them...

Lou
24th-July-2004, 03:54 AM
What if you press the # button? Sorry to hear about the tree, btw...

Easter Bunny
24th-July-2004, 11:49 AM
Managed to sort out my keyboard problems with a little detection work! - but many thanks to all the forumites for their help and suggestions on this.

Still working on the Bonsai problem.......will keep you posted for those that are interested.
x Lesley