PDA

View Full Version : Picture Gallery

Gadget
16th-July-2004, 10:57 PM
Would it be a good idea to have a section of the forum dedicated to pictures?

Jive Brummie
17th-July-2004, 05:18 PM
yeah... :wink:

Beowulf
20th-June-2006, 07:23 PM
Time for a bit of
http://www.skyfall.co.uk/TRsmall.jpg
I think :waycool:

sorry but if you're looking for something like this

http://www.skyfall.co.uk/gallery2/main.php

this is something I did for another forum I'm a member of.
(and yeah.. I'm beo there too!)

would be willing to host the Ceroc Members images too if thats ok with the mods?

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 07:33 PM
yeah... :wink:
I second that! :D

ducasi
20th-June-2006, 07:41 PM
... sorry but if you're looking for something like this

http://www.skyfall.co.uk/gallery2/main.php

this is something I did for another forum I'm a member of.
(and yeah.. I'm beo there too!)

would be willing to host the Ceroc Members images too if thats ok with the mods?
Gallery's a good idea – c.f. http://ducasi.org/photos/ :wink:

I believe it can be made to work with vBulletin to use its membership database...

Fairly easy to install – no harder than vBulletin itself...

Only thing is the memory, disk space and bandwidth requirements... :really:

spindr
20th-June-2006, 07:42 PM
Why not just put them on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com) with a "Ceroc" tag.

SpinDr

johnthehappyguy
5th-July-2006, 02:15 PM
Would it be a good idea to have a section of the forum dedicated to pictures?

:yeah: :yeah:

Beowulf
5th-July-2006, 02:33 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

http://gallery.skyfall.co.uk/main.php ??

I'll create an account so you can add images into it.

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 02:38 PM
dance forums (www.dance-forums.com) has a gallery faciltiy built into it - not sure what sort of cost is involved in supporting this sort of facility

given the number of places you can load your photos for free and share them them with friends with out friends having to become members kodak (www.kodak.co.uk)& flickr (www.flickr.com)to just name 2 - I'm not sure the forum really needs it....

El Salsero Gringo
5th-July-2006, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know of a photo gallery website that hosts pictures for public viewing at a sensible size (say 10000x600 at least) without resizing them to something tiny?

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know of a photo gallery website that hosts pictures for public viewing at a sensible size (say 10000x600 at least) without resizing them to something tiny?flickr gives you options about resizing when you upload..

Beowulf
5th-July-2006, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know of a photo gallery website that hosts pictures for public viewing at a sensible size (say 10000x600 at least) without resizing them to something tiny?

you looking for a 3rd party host or a self hosting option? the one I use allows me to create multiple view sizes. thumbnail, mid, large , XL etc

El Salsero Gringo
5th-July-2006, 02:57 PM
you looking for a 3rd party host or a self hosting option? the one I use allows me to create multiple view sizes. thumbnail, mid, large , XL etc3rd party ideally. Doesn't have to be free, I'd pay a small subscription (although it would have to be small, otherwise I'd be better off setting up my own website to do it) Photobox is nice, but I didn't realise that you could only see very small versions of the uploaded images.

Beowulf
5th-July-2006, 03:24 PM
3rd party ideally. Doesn't have to be free, I'd pay a small subscription (although it would have to be small, otherwise I'd be better off setting up my own website to do it) Photobox is nice, but I didn't realise that you could only see very small versions of the uploaded images.

yeah, I like photobox for their photographic printing services, but for image hosting I use my own website and the Free gallery 2 php scripts. (it's a doddle to set up)

Flickr seems quite good. tried Ringo but didn't like it.

Always been a fan of DIY ;)

Freya
5th-July-2006, 03:25 PM
dance forums (www.dance-forums.com) has a gallery faciltiy built into it - not sure what sort of cost is involved in supporting this sort of facility

given the number of places you can load your photos for free and share them them with friends with out friends having to become members kodak (www.kodak.co.uk)& flickr (www.flickr.com)to just name 2 - I'm not sure the forum really needs it....
but there are some of us that don't like random people visiting our websites. So we don't post the web address for all to see! My photo's aren't public because I don't want everyone being able to see them! Also I have some pictures of Friends Children that I don't want floating round the Internet as my albums aren't purely ceroc!

I think a photo section of the forum would be great! :clap:

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 03:36 PM
but there are some of us that don't like random people visiting our websites. So we don't post the web address for all to see! My photo's aren't public because I don't want everyone being able to see them! Also I have some pictures of Friends Children that I don't want floating round the Internet as my albums aren't purely ceroc! I understand completely - Kodak is only public to the people you send the album link to I have photos on Kodak of a friend's children - I sent him the link and added it to my favourites he could see the photos with out signing up - but a random person can't access those photos with out that link

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 03:38 PM
Flickr seems quite good. flickr is great fun - I love cruising around and seeing what other people have been doing with their photography - some of it is very inspiring.

Also if you are into a specific type of photography you can join groups and get constructive feed back

Beowulf
5th-July-2006, 03:58 PM
flickr is great fun - I love cruising around and seeing what other people have been doing with their photography - some of it is very inspiring.

Also if you are into a specific type of photography you can join groups and get constructive feed back

well when I get my finger out.. (pop!) i'll be uploading my digital photography into it's very own online gallery.

I'm doing a wedding at the end of the month.. that'll be interesting.

As for the security aspect of putting pictures on a website anyone can see.. yeah I agree.. which is why there's no ceroc ones yet on my gallery until such times as I figure out a way to limit access to certain areas. I could easily limit access to the entire gallery with a .htaccess file but that's no good as I still want SOME public sections..

Looks like when I find the time I'll be writing my own PHP plugin for Gallery :)

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 04:03 PM
well when I get my finger out.. (pop!) i'll be uploading my digital photography into it's very own online gallery.

I'm doing a wedding at the end of the month.. that'll be interesting.

As for the security aspect of putting pictures on a website anyone can see.. yeah I agree.. which is why there's no ceroc ones yet on my gallery until such times as I figure out a way to limit access to certain areas. I could easily limit access to the entire gallery with a .htaccess file but that's no good as I still want SOME public sections..

Looks like when I find the time I'll be writing my own PHP plugin for Gallery :) on flickr you can also make pictures public, or only avaliable to contacts, friends or family - this does mean that they have to sign up hence why I use kodak for my album stuff - flickr is more the photos I would put in fames - ooo can you tell I'm a flickr convert :blush: