View Full Version : Drip Drip Drip...

philsmove
13th-July-2004, 04:21 PM
Women have more efficient sweat glands than men

Women do not sweat - they perspire :wink:

Bardsey
13th-July-2004, 04:29 PM
Women do not sweat - they perspire :wink:

I think the term is "women don't sweat - they glow" Wish I was glowing last night, it was fair dripping off me! I danced with a lovely guy who did a drop standing behind me and dropping me whilst holding my armpits.......then did one where he had his hand behind my head (I'm useless, I can't remember names of drops etc). I kept apologising for my wet hair (looked like I'd just been swimming) and my clammy armpits (even though they were smothered in deodorant). He just kept doing the drops etc though, so it clearly didn't bother him and NO he wasn't a perv, he was lovely!!!

spindr
13th-July-2004, 06:17 PM
I think the full version is: "Horses sweat, gentlemen perspire, ladies glow".

bigdjiver
13th-July-2004, 11:57 PM
Let's get one thing straight :hug:

Humans dance, not robots. A good night has lots of dancing in it. Dancing is energetic. Energetic activities result in perspiration.

Don't be afraid of a little moisture... I'd much rather see some evidence of a physical involvement with the dance than an artificial gloss that denies the very energy of it. :waycool:

What's a little body fluid between friends, I always say :devil:

Chris I hate it, and I am sure most women hate it more, when I put a woman into a spectacular drop and a drop of sweat drops onto her. God blees those that forgive that, and apologies to past victims. I have learned, and it is a very rare occurrence now.

I like the quotation: "Relationships between women and men tend to revolve around the exchange of bodily fluids. In the long term it is the willingness to share sweat and tears." (don't know who said it)

Gordon J Pownall
14th-July-2004, 12:17 AM
I like the quotation: "Relationships between women and men tend to revolve around the exchange of bodily fluids. In the long term it is the willingness to share sweat and tears." (don't know who said it)

Probably the same guy who said "....married men live longer......or it just seems like that..." :what:

ChrisA
14th-July-2004, 09:00 AM
I hate it, and I am sure most women hate it more, when I put a woman into a spectacular drop and a drop of sweat drops onto her.
Sure. I'm not suggesting for the moment that this level of exchange is Ok - but it's pretty easy with towels and shirt changes to prevent this.

I did say a little!!

All I meant is that there should be no shame in glowing a bit after you've been dancing for a while.

Chris

Gordon J Pownall
14th-July-2004, 09:11 AM
All I meant is that there should be no shame in glowing a bit after you've been dancing for a while.Chris

I agree, however last night I had to 'chat' with two guys who were ripe to a point similar to that which would be more appreciated in letting game hang for a week or so... :drool:

A couple of the girls, when I asked about the class I taught - Did you enjoy it...? said yes, :worthy:

"...great class apart from the stink of people or rather person...him...." :angry: and "...apart from having to put up with the minger..." :angry:

Fresh perspiration on clean clothing does NOT smell...old sweat on unwashed clothing does.....

Using a shower in a can can help to mask it but basic personal hygiene and regular changes of shirt is the only real cure...unless you get say, a gallon of aftershave and .."splash it all over.."

(They really did ming as well....)... :sick: :sick: :sick:

Bardsey
14th-July-2004, 01:02 PM
Let's get one thing straight :hug:

What's a little body fluid between friends, I always say :devil:

Chris

Thanks Chris, feel better about it now. At least it was "good, clean, non-smelly" sweat !

under par
15th-July-2004, 12:37 PM
I hate it, and I am sure most women hate it more, when I put a woman into a spectacular drop and a drop of sweat drops onto her. God blees those that forgive that, and apologies to past victims. I have learned, and it is a very rare occurrence now.

I)

I have had this problem too :eek: and have taken to moving the lady across in front in a travelling return and as she turns around and has back to me I wipe my face on the shoulder of my shirt, in preparation for a drop or seducer.

It doesn't actually look very attractive but it is effective and can be done in an inobtrusive way for the benefit of the partner. ........a partner who would prefer not to have an early shower. :whistle:

Bardsey
15th-July-2004, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=under I wipe my face on the shoulder of my shirt, in preparation for a drop or seducer.

[/QUOTE]

Talking of wiping away perspiration, I always seem to get a line of sweat running down the side of my nose, which I'm always worried will look like my nose is running. Course, it only does this when I'm dancing with someone I really want to impress! :rofl:

Sheepman
15th-July-2004, 02:04 PM
What's a little body fluid between friends, I always say
The other night I struggled to persuade the coolest of cool ladies to have a dance, (she's one of those lucky ones that gets asked to dance all night, and barely breaks into a glow).
The reason I was struggling to persuade her? She was trying to dry off. She really was wet through from the sweat of her previous partner. I was too absorbed :what: by the dance to give it another thought, but thinking about it now, I realise I was mopping up this guy's sweat :sick:

Greg

ChrisA
15th-July-2004, 02:09 PM
I agree, however last night I had to 'chat' with two guys who were ripe to a point similar to that which would be more appreciated in letting game hang for a week or so... :drool:

Just out of interest, how did they respond?

Chris

ChrisA
15th-July-2004, 02:11 PM
I was too absorbed :what: by the dance to give it another thought, but thinking about it now, I realise I was mopping up this guy's sweat :sick:

Too much detail, Greg, too much detail... :eek: :tears: :sick: :what:

Gordon J Pownall
15th-July-2004, 02:28 PM
Just out of interest, how did they respond?

Chris

I tend to be a bit sort of up front (politely).

I merely said look, I was dancing close by and I couldn't help but notice that a quick shower in a can wouldn't go amiss - it's really hot in here and I've had to change my shirt twice already.....it's always a good idea to have spares, more so now it's summer... and if I can notice that, the girls you're dancing with certainly will...

One guy said thanks for letting me know (and was genuine in that)

The other guy said he didn't notice any 'pong' from anyone, made his excuses and returned to his dance bag whereupon he dosed himself in deodorant and then changed his t-shirt....... :grin:

Daisy Chain
15th-July-2004, 05:15 PM
I hate it, and I am sure most women hate it more, when I put a woman into a spectacular drop and a drop of sweat drops onto her.

Oh, it was you, was it? *slap*

Ever gone to a Ceroc night wearing a false nose? Not recommended as condensation collects in the pointy bit and when a man seduces you, it trickles back up your own nose. And usually, it has gone cold. Errrr.....not nice.

So Boys, on nights when I am wearing a false nose, cut the drops.

Daisy C

(loves to Dance the Nght Away )

jivecat
15th-July-2004, 11:55 PM
I hate it, and I am sure most women hate it more, when I put a woman into a spectacular drop and a drop of sweat drops onto her. God blees those that forgive that, and apologies to past victims.

I don't think you should worry about it. Granted, it's not exactly a desirable occurrence but it's hardly a disaster either. I wouldn't cross someone off my mental list of favourite dancers just because of that. I always hope that if I forgive things like that I will get forgiven for the annoying things that I do!
Incidentally, I danced with a dance god a while ago who was positively spraying sweat- but he could probably get away with bottling it and selling it like holy water. No shortage of women wanting to dance with him, anyway.

Minnie M
16th-July-2004, 06:45 AM
I hate a wet "COMB" :sick: should only be used within the first hour of dancing. If not you have to politely wipe your hand on yourself so you don't give your partner a wet hand :sick:

Emma
16th-July-2004, 09:21 AM
So Boys, on nights when I am wearing a false nose, cut the drops.My goodness, the things you learn on this forum! :grin:

Lory
16th-July-2004, 09:26 AM
Ever gone to a Ceroc night wearing a false nose? Not recommended as condensation collects in the pointy bit and when a man seduces you,
:rolleyes: Can't say I have.....YET! :cool: But I'll definitly bare your tip in mind for future reference! ! :D :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
16th-July-2004, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes: Can't say I have.....YET! :cool: But I'll definitly bare your tip in mind for future reference! ! :D :rofl:

Nooooo..................you have a cute little nose........don't need anything false.......... :hug:

Sparkles
16th-July-2004, 12:59 PM
I think the worst thing about this is, an Minnie says, giving a wet hand to your partner to hold (makes me really embarrassed actually, and that's tough to do!).
If you make our hands wet with your perspiration and we forgive you, hopefully you will forgive us when we slip out of your grip two seconds later? :wink: