PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter what you wear?

Sparkles
14th-July-2004, 03:01 PM
Last week I went to Hipsters and it was comented on that I was "Too dressed up for a Tuesday night" and, at the same time, I found had a rather poor night as far as dancing goes because hardly anyone asked me to dance.

This week I specifically dressed more casually and had a much more successful night, in that I was asked to dance more regularly.

Do other dancers out there find that it matters what they wear on specific nights/to specific venues?
(by dressing up I mean putting on smart/posh clothes, not cross-dressing or monkey suits, OK people?! :whistle: )

Sparkles
14th-July-2004, 03:10 PM
PS. you can tick as many boxes as are appropriate!

Rhythm King
14th-July-2004, 03:26 PM
Hmm, I've just lied in the poll. I ticked I don't notice what people wear which is blatantly untrue. I most definitely notice what people wear, for example Sparkles was her usual, elegant self last night, along with the other ladies I had the pleasure of dancing with. What I think I meant was I don't necessarily take what they are wearing into consideration, if I want to dance with them. Having said that, nicely dressed will catch my eye more easily than not, in a freestyle situation. What can I say - I'm a man :blush: :flower: and I don't have a leg to stand on as at class, I'm a MIB as often as not

ChrisA
14th-July-2004, 04:06 PM
Last week I went to Hipsters and it was comented on that I was "Too dressed up for a Tuesday night" and, at the same time, I found had a rather poor night as far as dancing goes because hardly anyone asked me to dance.

Well I'm sorry I wasn't there. :flower: I would happily dance with you no matter how dressed up or down you are.

Whoever commented that you were too dressed up for a Tuesday deserves a slap. :mad: (go on, PM me who it was :waycool: :wink: )

I love it when the girls dress up (unless the clothes make the dancing difficult, like a big flouncy ballgown, for instance :sick: ). I make no apologies.. I'm a guy after all ... :devil:

But it's still the dancer and her dancing that attracts me the most - I'd rather dance with a fab dancer in ordinary clothes than a yanker dressed up to the nines.

But you'll find no complaints from me if there's both in the same package :waycool:

Chris

Gordon J Pownall
14th-July-2004, 04:23 PM
But you'll find no complaints from me if there's both in the same package :waycool: Chris

Have a dance with Andy McG - you'll get more than you bargained for in that package and it will be exquisitely dressed as well...!!! :devil: :wink:

bigdjiver
14th-July-2004, 04:51 PM
I do not like clothes with too many traps for wayward fingers, or the dance being disrupted by parallel straps that keep falling off the shoulder, and am daunted by simply too much costume for MJ. I have only ever once not asked a lady to dance on the basis of her costume, and that was because of the "too much" criterion, and I regretted that afterwards, on thinking about it, because she had tried so hard and not got many dances.

Lory
14th-July-2004, 05:07 PM
Would be interesting to see what percentage of men compared to women dress up :wink:

I noticed what you were wearing last week, a lovely black dress and I thought how lovely you looked. :flower:

I have to confess to being a sucker for a nicely dressed man! :blush: Being totally honest, it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman, my eyes are probably drawn to them more if they're presented nicely! And I'll make an effort to watch to see how they dance!

I think it adds to an evening (Party nights) if everyone makes an effort. :yum: :clap:

But just to completely contradict my self now, one of my best nights ever, was on a recent hen weekend to Ibiza, when we got there it was already past midnight and everyone agreed, just dump the cases in the rooms and go out as we were! Trainers the lot! :really: Though it might have had a little to do with the alcohol on the flight! :cheers: :D

Jayne
14th-July-2004, 05:14 PM
I do not like clothes with too many traps for wayward fingers
errrmmmm....

J :wink:

(another useful post I think you'll find!)

Lory
14th-July-2004, 05:22 PM
Just remembered something... shout me down if you like :o but YES, I have refused someone on the bases of what they were wearing! :blush: I was asked to dance by a man at Hammersmith once and quite franckly he looked like a dirty unwashed tramp! :sick:3 seconds would have been too much to bare, let alone 3 minutes!

Emma
14th-July-2004, 06:02 PM
I have to confess to being a sucker for a nicely dressed man! :blush::yeah: :grin:...Though to be honest that's probably just an initial impression, and it wouldn't affect whther or not I asked them to dance :D

philsmove
14th-July-2004, 06:05 PM
This is a tricky poll

Who is going to wear something they are not “comfortable in”

Yes someone’s dress (know locally as THAT dress) is intimidating, :blush: but it’s not going to stop me dancing with lady in Question
:wink: :wink: :wink:

bigdjiver
14th-July-2004, 06:41 PM
This is a tricky poll

Who is going to wear something they are not “comfortable in” Ladies? Shoes? When did you leave the monastery?

Alfie
14th-July-2004, 08:53 PM
I think i've said this elsewhere but I always like to dress up and look smart even on a normal class night. I dont like casual and I dont feel comfortable unless I make an effort with my apperance. I think that stems from my days in the army as we had to be immaculately dressed at all times. I dont feel like I've been out unless I've shaved and have dressed well and smell nice. Thats purely personal thing. I dont look for dance partners by what they are dressed in I'm not that fussy, I just like to ask as many ladies as possible to dance as i can.

Sparkles
15th-July-2004, 12:45 AM
I think i've said this elsewhere but I always like to dress up and look smart even on a normal class night. I dont like casual and I dont feel comfortable unless I make an effort with my apperance. I think that stems from my days in the army as we had to be immaculately dressed at all times. I dont feel like I've been out unless I've shaved and have dressed well and smell nice. Thats purely personal thing. I dont look for dance partners by what they are dressed in I'm not that fussy, I just like to ask as many ladies as possible to dance as i can.

Gentlemen take note... :yeah: ... :wink: (isn't that right, Lory?! :clap: )

Gary
15th-July-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know about smartness of dress, but I've heard a number of girls mention that they get asked to dance a lot more if they're showing more skin. I've never tried that approach myself ... :blush:

DavidY
15th-July-2004, 07:41 AM
...they get asked to dance a lot more if they're showing more skin. I've never tried that approach myself ... :blush:I've worn shorts before (which does show more skin, I guess). Don't think it works (not with my legs anyway :sad: )

Lory
15th-July-2004, 08:06 AM
Gentlemen take note... :yeah: ... :wink: (isn't that right, Lory?! :clap: )ABSOLUTLY! :D

Chicklet
15th-July-2004, 08:10 AM
Sticky out petticoats and mid calf circle skirts feel FAB to dance in - take a bit of getting used to, but only in the way that wearing heels take a bit of getting used to when you're about 14!!

Now that I've got the feel for it I take every opportunity to use the spare hand for a bit of skirt swishing a la Cha Cha Degregorio in Grease (OK it probably doesn't actually look like it but that's what I'm TRYING to do!!) :whistle:

Top tip for spagetti straps - make them as short as possible (but not digging in) and watch your posture, shoulders back boobs out etc.

Top tip for posture (in my humble experience) is the Wonderbra basque...again takes a bit of getting used to and I know it's not for everyone but it does give great support and means I couldn't look down at my feet (instead of at my partner of course) if I wanted to!! :blush:

Top tip for basque buying, buy one a chest (not cup) size smaller than you would normally buy a bra and wear it on the widest setting until it stretches, which it will.

Long live GLAM!! :waycool: :D

Andy, this is a GIRL POST!!!!! :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
15th-July-2004, 09:28 AM
Sticky out petticoats and mid calf circle skirts feel FAB to dance in - take a bit of getting used to, but only in the way that wearing heels take a bit of getting used to when you're about 14!!

Now that I've got the feel for it I take every opportunity to use the spare hand for a bit of skirt swishing a la Cha Cha Degregorio in Grease (OK it probably doesn't actually look like it but that's what I'm TRYING to do!!)

Top tip for spagetti straps - make them as short as possible (but not digging in) and watch your posture, shoulders back boobs out etc.

Top tip for posture (in my humble experience) is the Wonderbra basque...again takes a bit of getting used to and I know it's not for everyone but it does give great support and means I couldn't look down at my feet (instead of at my partner of course) if I wanted to!!

Top tip for basque buying, buy one a chest (not cup) size smaller than you would normally buy a bra and wear it on the widest setting until it stretches, which it will.

Long live GLAM!!

Andy, this is a GIRL POST!!!!!

WOW...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Don't stop now - keep going....what about suspender belts and the like - you've only covered (or not quite by the above description) the top half.... :confused:

Hosiery and stay ups....what about them..... :devil:

Sorry to interupt - please DO go on.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 09:44 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You could have put that at the top of the post :blush:

under par
15th-July-2004, 09:45 AM

Now that I've got the feel for it I take every opportunity to use the spare hand for a bit of skirt swishing a la Cha Cha Degregorio in Grease (OK it probably doesn't actually look like it but that's what I'm TRYING to do!!) :whistle:

Top tip for posture (in my humble experience) is the Wonderbra basque...again takes a bit of getting used to and I know it's not for everyone but it does give great support and means I couldn't look down at my feet (instead of at my partner of course) if I wanted to!! :blush:

Long live GLAM!! :waycool: :D

some more please Chicklet............... :drool: :yum:

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 09:48 AM
WOW...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Don't stop now - keep going....what about suspender belts and the like - you've only covered (or not quite by the above description) the top half.... :confused:

Hosiery and stay ups....what about them..... :devil:

Sorry to interrupt - please DO go on.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

Now THIS is a boy post :wink:

If Gordy's having any problems with his "hosiery and stay-ups" I'm willing to help him :devil:

p.s. It's 'hold-ups'.

Emma
15th-July-2004, 10:00 AM
I think i've said this elsewhere but I always like to dress up and look smart even on a normal class night.Alfie, you always look fabulous :hug:

but only in the way that wearing heels take a bit of getting used to when you're about 14!!oh THAT'S where I went wrong! :rofl::rofl:

Sparkles
15th-July-2004, 10:13 AM
Sticky out petticoats and mid calf circle skirts feel FAB to dance in:

Yup! agree with this one - even made my own, but it has a big poodle on it so I doubt I'd wear it to a normal social night :whistle:

shoulders back boobs out etc.

All women should stand like this all the time (and sit like it too) - not only is it bad for your back to slouch, but it makes it much easier to spin if your back is straight because it means your centre of gravity is actually in the centre :grin:

Top tip for posture (in my humble experience) is the Wonderbra basque...

Don't you get very hot dancing wearing one of those?

I couldn't look down at my feet (instead of at my partner of course) if I wanted to!! :blush:

Oh, I don't know, a well-timed glance downwards can often be quite effective I've found :really: :wink: :whistle:

Long live GLAM!! :waycool: :D .:

Oh god yes!
cheers, Chicklet, you're a gem! :cheers:

Chicklet
15th-July-2004, 10:17 AM
some more please Chicklet............... :drool: :yum:

nooooooo, I'm shy :innocent: and I couldn't possibly put THAT photo up here!!
anyway, my post was purely for girly INFORMATION, not male STIMULATION!!

best thing to do is come to a Glasgow, Eds or R66 party and check out the frocks for your selves...there might even be ...wait for it....seams!!! :rofl:

Chicklet
15th-July-2004, 10:24 AM
Don't you get very hot dancing wearing one of those?

Naahh. Hot dancES more like!
(specially the nights when I *forget* to put anything on over one!)

No more so than anything else really, was wearing one under the frock (white with red - got me now??) last Saturday and was fine. :D

Rhythm King
15th-July-2004, 10:24 AM
Stockings? Seamed? :drool:

:wink:

Sparkles
15th-July-2004, 10:34 AM
Naahh. Hot dancES more like!
(specially the nights when I *forget* to put anything on over one!)

No more so than anything else really, was wearing one under the frock (white with red - got me now??) last Saturday and was fine. :D

What a beautiful dress that was! Very eye-catching (I was so jealous...!)
Nice to put a face to the name - no-one bothered to point you out to me
I'll deal with them later! :wink:

So, please, more tips - if I'm ever to look as good as you I'll need all the help I can get.... :hug:

Sparkles
15th-July-2004, 10:35 AM
Stockings? Seamed? :drool:

:wink:

Down boy!

Rhythm King
15th-July-2004, 10:40 AM
Down boy!

Who, me? The Rhythm King? Drooling over seamed stockings? With my reputation?

:whistle: :innocent:

Emma
15th-July-2004, 10:51 AM
This girl knows about glamour!! :)

Chicklet
15th-July-2004, 11:07 AM
LOL.

it's the hair y'all are jealous of REALLY isn't it!!!
and I do have EXCELLENT taste in red wedgies!! :rofl:

and can I just add, that frock is cartwheelablein!

Lory
15th-July-2004, 11:09 AM
This girl knows about glamour!! :)WOW! love it! :worthy: :waycool:

OK here goes, (gather in girls) *whisper* A tip for wearing hold-ups, only moisturise to just above the knee before putting the stockings on, wash hands, then moisturise above when the stocking are in place! The moisturiser stops the sticky bit sticking! :wink: :flower:

Gadget
15th-July-2004, 11:24 AM
...Long live GLAM!!
:sigh:
Don't you just love living in Scotland :D :drool:

sars
15th-July-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey thanx for that little tip wit the moisturiser. Dont wear a skirt/dress v oftern as i feel v self consious but i've decided to make an effort sat at bristol for myself an ma fella!! He's gonna have the shock of his life but hopefully he'll like!

I really hope not many ppl judge on clothing coz if ppl like mainly smart then i'm outta the runnin most nights as i prefer casual and funky. though i will make the effort occationally it'll always be trousers!

under par
15th-July-2004, 11:57 AM
This girl knows about glamour!! :)

wow!

looking gooood! :drool:

Emma
15th-July-2004, 12:10 PM
I really hope not many ppl judge on clothing coz if ppl like mainly smart then i'm outta the runnin most nights as i prefer casual and funkyHeh, me too :) I also recently have the problem that cute little dresses don't go well with shifting DJ equipment!! :(

Last night I went out wearing a favourite pair of dangly earrings, and had them in for about 10 mins until I remembered how it feels when you catch them in your headphones! OW! :what:

under par
15th-July-2004, 12:24 PM
Heh, me too :) I also recently have the problem that cute little dresses don't go well with shifting DJ equipment!! :(

Last night I went out wearing a favourite pair of dangly earrings, and had them in for about 10 mins until I remembered how it feels when you catch them in your headphones! OW! :what:

Is that Emma with a pair of dangly ears now!!! ouch :eek: :wink:

Emma
15th-July-2004, 12:30 PM
Is that Emma with a pair of dangly ears now!!! ouch :eek: :wink:Hee hee no: disaster was averted and the earrings spent all evening looking attractive in a small pile on the top of the mixer :grin:

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 01:12 PM
...there might even be ...wait for it....seams!!! :rofl:

Boys, she's teasing us now, don't let her know she's got us transfixed...

Gordon J Pownall
15th-July-2004, 01:48 PM
Now THIS is a boy post :wink:

If Gordy's having any problems with his "hosiery and stay-ups" I'm willing to help him :devil:

p.s. It's 'hold-ups'.

Actually Andy,

from a psychological perspective, stay up's are better.

Just think,

ladies legs, from the waist down.....

Do you want to "stay up", or "be held up"...??? :blush:

Personally, I would much prefer to refer anything in that region of anatomy as stay up rather than face a hold up...... :wink: :eek:

Gordon J Pownall
15th-July-2004, 01:52 PM
OK here goes, (gather in girls) *whisper* A tip for wearing hold-ups, only moisturise to just above the knee before putting the stockings on, wash hands, then moisturise above when the stocking are in place! The moisturiser stops the sticky bit sticking

I need a lie down........moisturised legs, stockings, hold ups, sticky bits,

Where will it all end......... :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

Lory, any chance of a 'haircut' soon...??? :wink: :wink: :hug:

Sheepman
15th-July-2004, 03:08 PM
Last night I went out wearing a favourite pair of dangly earrings, and had them in for about 10 mins until I remembered how it feels when you catch them in your headphones! OW! :what: Now I remember why I never where earrings when DJing!

Reading this thread almost makes me think I should smarten up my act, but then that whole wardrobe of comfortable (very) casual togs, which is almost exclusively used for dancing, would have to go. Occasionally I've even had compliments on what I wear, (I think they're just humouring me!)

Who is going to wear something they are not “comfortable in” The way I see it, for comfort it has to be the lighter the better to cut down the perspiration, so the DJs and tails are out, and the ideal would be just wearing a smile :eek: (except the shoes, I can't spin in bare feet.) I don't really see many partners going for that approach though. :innocent:

I rarely take any notice of what people are wearing, so presumably my approach is that I hope people aren't that bothered by what I'm wearing. Yes it can look stunning when you go to an event where people have made that special effort, but usually once the dancing gets going, the guys soon change out of their finery.

Greg

Lory
15th-July-2004, 04:30 PM
and the ideal would be just wearing a smile :eek: (except the shoes, I can't spin in bare feet.)
GregWould you still do double trouble with Andy? :wink: (I've seen the move he calls 'The Slut'! :really: :whistle: )

Reading this thread almost makes me think I should smarten up my act,I've learned to see beyond your pyjama bottoms and general sheepy wear and appreciate you for your inner beauty! :D

Although, I do have fond memories (well before I knew you) Of this dashing man, dressed very smartly, including a rather fetching hat, competing with Mary at Hammers! :wink:

Sheepman
15th-July-2004, 04:55 PM
(I've seen the move he calls 'The Slut'! :really: :whistle: ) In that case, I think it would have to be renamed 'The slot'! :really:

appreciate you for your inner beauty! :hug: :kiss: but there you go, continuing the pajamas myth! They're not! They're designed for walking up mountains!

this dashing man, dressed very smartly, including a rather fetching hat, competing with Mary at Hammers! :wink: :cheers: Well there are times that you have to try to be noticed, and I'm pressed into conformity :what: but it certainly wasn't comfortable!

Greg

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 05:31 PM
In that case, I think it would have to be renamed 'The slot'! :really:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

p.s. Gordy baby, please don't tell the "parking your bike joke". It's too obvious, even for you :innocent:

Zebra Woman
15th-July-2004, 05:32 PM
I like the men to be easily identifiable and clean that's all. So sheepy's pyjama bottoms are good as are Andy's fancy shirts and Noel's shorts. I would like the men to stick to one colour for the night, I hate it when the man changes his shirt and I don't know his next colour. Tall men like Under Par and Peter are so easy to find they could wear black Bandanas are good too, but at Salsa there are so many men in black wearing bandanas. :confused:

Subconciously I expect the man to be a better dancer if he's wearing black, like I expect him to be interested in golf or Lindy if he's wearing two tone shoes. Reality often doesn't match up, but I know still think like that.....

I like to be distinctively dressed. I may change my top but try to stick to the same them for the night. I try and encourage my friends to dress distinctively too so I can point them out to other people in a crowd.

Have noticed three modes of dressing at salsa : casual grunge , sophisticated clubby, and just come from the office (I'm sure they haven't though :really: ). A lot of the really excellent dancers look like they've just been doing a bit of garding/decorating. :confused: What's that all about?

Long live individuality that's what I say. :cheers: :clap:

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 05:35 PM
It seems to me that us guys changing our shirts is confusing the women. I have a suggestion, why not look at our faces :innocent:

p.s. Instead of changing shirts maybe we should just swap them - before they get sweaty, obviously. Then they'd need to do DNA testing to work out which one of us was the father :wink:

Andy McGregor
15th-July-2004, 05:37 PM
I may change my top but try to stick to the same theme for the night.

And would that theme be..

...zebra stripes? :whistle:

Emma
15th-July-2004, 05:39 PM
I have a suggestion, why not look at our faces :innocent:
Yikes! Far too radical! :wink: :grin:

Zebra Woman
15th-July-2004, 05:52 PM
...zebra stripes? :whistle:

:yeah: Ever since I joined the Forum there has always been a reason for me to Dress up to the Z's, and I've really enjoyed that vulnerable feeling of being recognisable, apart from once when a guy moaned about one of my postings while we danced. :really:

I will be going undercover soon, 'cos I'd hate to be type-cast. :wink:

under par
15th-July-2004, 06:39 PM
:yeah:

OH NO Stripey don't do it.... !!!!!!!! :sad: :rolleyes:

Will we ever dance again if you are to be camouflaged I won't know who you are! :wink: :whistle: :flower:

:kiss:

Gadget
15th-July-2004, 09:21 PM
On a class night I'm a jeans & T-shirt person - if I'm wearing blue-jeans I will wear a black T-shirt (normally printed), if I wear black jeans, it's normally a coloured or white T-shirt. Why? because black hides the sweat more, and most of my T-shirts are so old they can bearly be called "black" any more {:blush:} and two different shades of black is such a fasion faux pas :what:

On regular party nights I will wear a shirt, poss dress trousers: It makes it more of an occasion if I dress up for it - more of a "night out". If I dressed smartly for regular nights, then there is less of a contrast; therefore less of an 'excitement' to partys. :(

On 'special' party nights, the kilt gets an airing. :D :waycool:

Rhythm King
15th-July-2004, 10:33 PM

I accosted some poor woman wearing zebra stripes at Hipsters on Tuesday, thinking that it was you. If you go under cover I'll never work out who you are! :what:

Andy McGregor
16th-July-2004, 09:38 AM
and I've really enjoyed that vulnerable feeling of being recognisable
That's because there should be a whole herd or Zebras: there's safety in numbers. It's easy for a lion to pick you out if you're grazing on your own :wink:

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 10:40 AM
That's because there should be a whole herd or Zebras: there's safety in numbers. It's easy for a lion to pick you out if you're grazing on your own :wink:
There were three of us in Northampton once, one male two females, and we did herd together :waycool: :waycool: :waycool: , fortunately there were no leopardy ladies around to scare us.... :eek:

Ok I won't go undercover until I've met you Rhythm King, but you must continue to accost all women wearing zebra stripes, that sounds like fun. :rofl:

Sparkles
16th-July-2004, 10:46 AM
... but you must continue to accost all women wearing zebra stripes, that sounds like fun. :rofl:

Suddenly all the women reading this thread find the thought of going to Hipseters wearing zebra stripes strangely appealing....

Rhythm King
16th-July-2004, 11:19 AM
Suddenly all the women reading this thread find the thought of going to Hipseters wearing zebra stripes strangely appealing....

Hmm, perhaps I'll have to become Lion King rather than Rhythm King :devil:

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 11:44 AM
Ooohh...Simba! :waycool: Now you're talking... :wink:

Lory
16th-July-2004, 11:50 AM
Someone should organise a 'themed' evening, where everyone has to wear a item of clothing with an animal print? *ROAR* :na:

Sparkles
16th-July-2004, 11:54 AM
Someone should organise a 'themed' evening, where everyone has to wear a item of clothing with an animal print? *ROAR* :na:

That would require someone being organised... :what:
S. x

Rhythm King
16th-July-2004, 11:59 AM

EASY All the guys wear their usual MJ black and come as panthers, ready to stalk the dance floor (note: quoting The Len Goodman Dancer from Strictly Come Dancing rather than suggesting anything pervy. Just thought I ought to make that point :innocent: )

Lynn
16th-July-2004, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'm a typical woman, but I wear what I feel in the mood to wear a lot of the time and would also apply this to some extent to dancing, even if its a bit 'more dressed up' or 'less dressed up' than usual. Yes, I will dress up for a party, but sometimes I will also be a bit more dressed up even for a regular night. I love the fact you can get more dressed up to go dancing if you want! :clap:

bigdjiver
16th-July-2004, 01:19 PM
It is possible that if a woman is too well dressed some men will find it intimidating.
Firstly there is the "do not disturb perfection" syndrome. This was noted in supermarkets, where they found shoppers were reluctant to remove items from beautifully formed stacks.
Secondly, there is the "she's too good for me" syndrome.
Thirdly, the "she's here to get a man" syndrome. I did deliberately ignore one such beautifully dressed beginner, on this basis, and, since she was the most beautiful woman there, (in my eyes), I did not think she would be short of partners, or take more than a couple of visits to find a beau. It was not until about the fourth week that I started to question my assumptions when I saw that she was getting very few dances. I eventually asked her to dance just to find out what was wrong with her, and it was nothing that I ever found. She still is one of my favourite partners.

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 01:21 PM
That would require someone being organised... :what:
S. x
Yeah an animal themed night would be perfect for me, I could supply six zebra tops to dress a small herd. :waycool:

Sparkles
16th-July-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah an animal themed night would be perfect for me, I could supply six zebra tops to dress a small herd. :waycool:

I'm more of a leopard-girl myself :wink: (but I guess I could exchange my spots for stripes for a special occasion!)

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 01:31 PM
For the first time I noticed I could edit my post. So I did. :waycool:
Never noticed that before.. :confused: Could be useful in future.... :grin:

Alfie
16th-July-2004, 04:51 PM
Alfie, you always look fabulous :hug:
Awww Thankyou :blush: :blush: :blush:

Rachel
16th-July-2004, 05:14 PM
Maybe I'm a typical woman, but I wear what I feel in the mood to wear a lot of the time and would also apply this to some extent to dancing, even if its a bit 'more dressed up' or 'less dressed up' than usual. Yes, I will dress up for a party, but sometimes I will also be a bit more dressed up even for a regular night. I love the fact you can get more dressed up to go dancing if you want! :clap: Totally agree with this, Lynn. Sometimes I really feel like dressing up, even if it's 'just the usual local class' and many times I can't be bothered, or don't have the time or energy. It's certainly true that, the longer I do MJ, the less I can be bothered to dress up. Previously, I'd never leave the front door without earrings, full make-up, etc etc.

But is it only me who, if I'm told or or see that I'm expected to dress up for an event, will automatically do the opposite. I don't understand why, but I hate it when I feel I have to dress smart. Nobody's going to tell me what to wear!!

I really don't care what other people are wearing. Or even notice most of the time - except when I'm demonstrating which is such a great opportunity to look down from the stage at some of the wonderful outfits the ladies might be wearing.

For men - I'm honestly not bothered if they're suited, casual, or what. Though I definitely prefer my men to be casually-clothed - I'm not a fan of suits or dinner jackets at all. But the only thing I really don't like is men wearing shorts for dancing. No matter how hot it is!

Rachel

under par
16th-July-2004, 06:27 PM
Though I definitely prefer my men to be casually-clothed - I'm not a fan of suits or dinner jackets at all. But the only thing I really don't like is men wearing shorts for dancing. No matter how hot it is!

Rachel

Shorts are awful on men at dances and classes. :eek:

Mens legs are just not nice and should be kept covered, especially mine..... :wink:

there is something delightful and pleasing about the shape and form of female legs :drool: that really does not exist in mens. :mad:

Ban shorts from all venues!!!!! :yeah: lets start a petition! :worthy:

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 06:31 PM
Shorts are awful on men at dances and classes. :eek:

Mens legs are just not nice and should be kept covered, especially mine..... :wink:

Ban shorts from all venues!!!!! :yeah: lets start a petition! :worthy:

You wouldn't get my name on your list Under Par, one my favourite dancers wears shorts. It makes him easy to find and point out to people, and allows for some skin on skin contact too..... :drool:

under par
16th-July-2004, 06:56 PM
You wouldn't get my name on your list Under Par, one my favourite dancers wears shorts. It makes him easy to find and point out to people, and allows for some skin on skin contact too..... :drool:

I take it thats why the visit to the seaside then next week (Bournemouth) :whistle:

Lots of shorts and Speedos. :rofl:

Have a great time :kiss: :yeah:

baldrick
16th-July-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey if legs on show are banned for us men, how will we ever get the use from our kilts?

angelique
16th-July-2004, 09:19 PM
I personally love to see people making an effort and most of the time I do try ........... :whistle:
Let me let you into a secret...c'm ere girls..........have NEVER danced in a short dress or skirt..am keeping my legs well and truly hidden!! :eek: Health and safety you understand! :rofl: Would love to have the courage though to wear one of those calf length circle skirts as imagine would feel soooooooooooo luverly :drool: Lory managed to get me out of my slippers and "comfort cardi" after Camber this year after she threatened me... :tears: . One thing would love to know is how to stay fresh and lovely looking after a hard nights dancing which, sorry to say and admit, makes me sweat lots!! :mad:
Also the most important thing on deciding what to wear is..........will I stay in this outfit and NOT fall out of it???? :rofl: :blush:

Forte
16th-July-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't notice or care too much what a guy is wearing but my pet hate is soaking wet T shirts from the unavoidable sweating (sorry perspiring) :grin: we all do at a frantic dance night. I think people who take a change of top are really sensible and considerate. :D

bigdjiver
17th-July-2004, 01:43 AM
Added to the no-nos tonight - trouser materials that become transparent when wet. (It was a warm one, wasn't it?)

Zebra Woman
17th-July-2004, 11:51 AM
Hey if legs on show are banned for us men, how will we ever get the use from our kilts?

Hey Baldrick, I'm sure no-one is objecting to kilts, surely not....

Kilts are even better than shorts IMHO, I love the built in portable fan effect, and the way the fabric brushes against my thighs :drool: ....I'm sure I've said that before somewhere...oops :blush:

I'm afraid I gave preferential treatment to men in kilts at Southport :blush: So glad I did, as I haven't seen a single one since then. :(

Emma
17th-July-2004, 12:09 PM
Shorts and kilts are a world apart....kilts are sexy! :grin:

Lory
17th-July-2004, 12:15 PM
:yeah: :yum:

baldrick
17th-July-2004, 07:06 PM

:clap: :clap:
ooh goody

under par
18th-July-2004, 08:22 PM

So whos up for banning shorts??? :whistle:

bigdjiver
18th-July-2004, 10:34 PM
So whos up for banning shorts??? :whistle:
Definitely not me. I am all for any handicap that the competition wish to inflict upon themselves.

Sparkles
19th-July-2004, 09:23 PM
Definitely not me. I am all for any handicap that the competition wish to inflict upon themselves.
:rofl:
Just out of curiosity, is there an objection to women wearing shorts, or just men?

under par
19th-July-2004, 09:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there an objection to women wearing shorts, or just men?

No not at all ! So long as they are not too short.. :flower:

Andy McGregor
20th-July-2004, 12:03 PM

I don't think the objection is to men in shorts, it's that men in shorts show far too much hairy leg. Women in shorts can show as much tanned, smooth and toned leg as they like :waycool:

p.s. Men in kilts are a different matter. We only show our hairy and very sexy knees and our bums don't look big - our rear aspect just has an alluring swish :wink:

Sparkles
21st-July-2004, 07:39 PM
p.s. Men in kilts are a different matter. We only show our hairy and very sexy knees and our bums don't look big - our rear aspect just has an alluring swish :wink:

I think you should demonstrate this for me sometime soon, Andy. :drool:

Andy McGregor
21st-July-2004, 10:43 PM

Oh, all right then, although I am a bit shy :blush:

Tiggerbabe
21st-July-2004, 11:00 PM
Alternatively you could get yourself up to Musselburgh - Men In Kilts - guaranteed :drool: :drool:

Andy McGregor
22nd-July-2004, 12:16 AM
Alternatively you could get yourself up to Musselburgh - Men In Kilts - guaranteed :drool: :drool:

Hey Sparkles, stick with me, I've got a kilt for you too. You'll have to be a Stuart but I'm sure you'll look fab :waycool:

..commando? Obviously :innocent:

Sparkles
22nd-July-2004, 12:56 AM

Sorry, Andy, but this is sounding like a better offer - after all, men in kilts has got to be better than man in a kilt :whistle: (plus it'd mean I'd get to see Sheena :clap: :flower: )
Maybe some other forumite-males can be persuaded to aid you in you quest?
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Pammy
22nd-July-2004, 09:47 AM
men in kilts has got to be better than man in a kilt :whistle:

:yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

especially on a windy day :innocent: :whistle:

Sparkles
26th-July-2004, 09:21 AM
:yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

especially on a windy day :innocent: :whistle:

Although I have to say that they'd have to go some to out-do Gordon in his SPARKLY suit last night :worthy: :drool:

Emma
26th-July-2004, 10:08 AM
Although I have to say that they'd have to go some to out-do Gordon in his SPARKLY suit last night :worthy: :drool:That suit had serious reflective qualities :waycool:...mind you..so did Cristina's shoes! wow! (man, how sad are we?) :rofl:

TheTramp
26th-July-2004, 10:15 AM
What about Gordon wearing Cristina's shoes then? Or Cristina in Gordon's suit.

Would that be the ultimate in sparkly??? :D

Trampy

Andy McGregor
26th-July-2004, 10:16 AM
...mind you..so did Cristina's shoes! wow! (man, how sad are we?) :rofl:

It was the first thing I noticed. And I could hear the word shoes, shoes, shoes being whispered among the audience...

TheTramp
26th-July-2004, 10:18 AM
So... When I compete with Cris in Mussleburgh next month, should I get her to wear those shoes then???? :whistle:

Trampy

Emma
26th-July-2004, 10:25 AM
It was the first thing I noticed. And I could hear the word shoes, shoes, shoes being whispered among the audience...I think the world needs to know where those shoes came from :D

Sparkles
26th-July-2004, 12:38 PM
I think the world needs to know where those shoes came from :D
Come on... tell us where you get the sparkly shoes from, not that anyone would be interested in buying some or anything :whistle:

Easter Bunny
26th-July-2004, 03:12 PM
WOW! love it! :worthy: :waycool:

OK here goes, (gather in girls) *whisper* A tip for wearing hold-ups, only moisturise to just above the knee before putting the stockings on, wash hands, then moisturise above when the stocking are in place! The moisturiser stops the sticky bit sticking! :wink: :flower:

Beware girlies of wearing moisteriser with any hold-ups / tights! A friend at work recently put on a pair of hold-ups for work straight after body moisteriser and by 10am they had completely disintegrated into large holes and she ended up looking 'punk-like'. Certain packets of stockings do carry 'warnings' - but not all - so maybe its a certain nylon / lycra content ?

Tiggerbabe
28th-July-2004, 04:20 PM
Come on... tell us where you get the sparkly shoes from, not that anyone would be interested in buying some or anything :whistle:
I'm sure Cristina told me she got them in some place called *ehrm* *cough* London? :whistle: :whistle:

Forte
28th-July-2004, 04:25 PM
So... When I compete with Cris in Mussleburgh next month, should I get her to wear those shoes then???? :whistle:

Trampy

Competing with yet another woman! Sheesh! How many women does one man need!? :wink: (what'cha wearin'? :nice: )

Sparkles
28th-July-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm sure Cristina told me she got them in some place called *ehrm* *cough* London? :whistle: :whistle:

Does this mean you won't be gracing us with your presence anytime soon? :sad:

Tiggerbabe
29th-July-2004, 02:59 AM
Does this mean you won't be gracing us with your presence anytime soon? :sad:
Not sure, Sparkles - think I might just have to see if Dale can get a pair for me and bring them up to the Champs :drool: Grab him next time you get the chance and see if you can get any more info :wink: :flower:

Sparkles
29th-July-2004, 09:13 AM
Not sure, Sparkles - think I might just have to see if Dale can get a pair for me and bring them up to the Champs :drool: Grab him next time you get the chance and see if you can get any more info :wink: :flower:

I'm planning a trip to Superdance sometime in August (before coming to Scotland) so I can see if I can get some for you (if that's where they're from?). If not just ask Kriss the name of the shop and, oh no, I might have to go shoe shopping! :whistle: Then I'll bring them up with me when I come in September - if you like? PM me the details! :flower:

Sparkles
29th-July-2004, 09:14 AM
Not sure, Sparkles...
Incidentally, don't you ever sleep?! It was about 3am when you wrote this! :really:

quiet_flame
29th-July-2004, 11:20 AM
This is a tricky poll

Who is going to wear something they are not “comfortable in”

Totally agree with you here, however, I think I also take into consideration the venue I'm going to as well... For me different venues give me different partners. Therfore different styling options and such.
I have the luck of being... erm rather flexible? (I've lost three pairs of Jeans to CMJ! :tears: :eek: )

So from now on, If I think I'm going to be lunging at ANY point, I wear flexible dance pants... ( I also had some flares in cotton lycra made up for competitions: Sooooo comfy (and on me sooo stylish :whistle: :rolleyes: ))

I'm training to be a dancer by profession. So it's bonds singlets for me... cuts down on the heat factor... and the sweat factor. :clap: :clap:
But I always have a towel handy for the nastier nights.

However, I think it's good to make an effort when you can, mood has a lot to do with it.

Unfortunately, I have had to work EVERY dance party so far (and probably will be working those nights well into the future)
So I never get the pleasure of seeing everyone "more dressed up" (*murderous grumbling... nightclubs...work... saturdays*)

*An Australians poor attempt at a Scottish accent* Aach well, watcha gunna doo...? :wink:

quiet_flame
29th-July-2004, 11:22 AM
Man I've never been so careful with my posting in my life... that took five attempts at editing before I was happy with it. :what: :really:

Sparkles
5th-August-2004, 09:39 AM
OK, so the Hipsters Freestyle is on this Friday - what's everyone wearing?!

I'll be in a peacock top and trousers (most likely) - sparkly like me! :grin:

Dianas says she will be in a slinky black silk dress (you can stop drooling now guys... OK well, maybe you're entitled to drool a little :wink: )

So, what's everyone else going to be dressing up in?!??

(if that's not the line Andy was waiting for I don't know what was!)

Andy McGregor
5th-August-2004, 09:47 AM
So, what's everyone else going to be dressing up in?!??

Did someone say

dressing up?

Unfortunately, as I advised Dianas, I'm going for temperature regulation. Shorts would be very cooling - but at the same time so un-hip my legs would probably drop off :tears:

Little Em
5th-August-2004, 10:34 AM
Ill be there on fri!!

ill prob wear trousers as i dont really feel comfortable wearing skirts when im dancing as i kinda feel restricted???

an then on top ....well to b fair as little as poss :really: ....only for the fact that it gets quite hot an sticky as i dance the night away!!!

i must admit it takes me quite a while to decide what to wear, as i want to look nice, fit in with everyone else at that particular venue, be comfy....all at once!!!

i dont know hardly anybody from the forum so im going to make an effort to tell everyone i dance with that yes im a forumite r u???

may get a few strange looks.... :what:

see you all there!! :cheers:
cant wait to have some lovely dances aswell i have onlt been once an all i done was this all night........... :drool:

Sparkles
5th-August-2004, 10:37 AM
Ill be there on fri!!

Woo Hoo! :clap: It'll be good to see you again!
Come and say hi! :worthy: :cheers: :hug:

Little Em
5th-August-2004, 10:52 AM
Woo Hoo! :clap: It'll be good to see you again!
Come and say hi! :worthy: :cheers: :hug:

yes it will be, though if anyone sees me and i walk straight past im not being intentionally rude !!!! i just forget peoples faces!!! sorry that is really bad!! im working on it though!!!! :blush:

i cant wait , there is 4 of us coming along!!!!!

x x

Gordon J Pownall
5th-August-2004, 01:55 PM
I won't be there - I'll be at CerocMetro's JiveIn at Cheshunt........ :whistle:

Gonna be a good one as well so perhaps I can have a psychic dance with a few of you..

Me in Cheshunt and you at Phat Friday...just not to the Mavericks eh...??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I shall be expecting you to let me know what we are dancing to - just post a list of your fave tune and I'll start filling in my distance dance card...... :yum:

Sparkles
5th-August-2004, 02:03 PM
Me in Cheshunt and you at Phat Friday...just not to the Mavericks eh...??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I shall be expecting you to let me know what we are dancing to - just post a list of your fave tune and I'll start filling in my distance dance card...... :yum:

Save 'Fever' for me ... it's my favourite :wink: :kiss:

Rachel
5th-August-2004, 02:17 PM
I won't be there - I'll be at CerocMetro's JiveIn at Cheshunt........ :whistle: And we're going to be at Chesham where Marc's teaching, so we'll miss all of you :tears: :tears:

Still, always a great night at Chesham ... Never once heard The Mavericks played at that venue, either!

BTW - All these people who know what they're going to wear in advance - soo organised. I'm really impressed! I usually have 15 minutes to bath and find something - anything - to wear that might be clean and ironed. Hm, must be going wrong somewhere ....
Rachel

Emma
5th-August-2004, 06:32 PM
Hm, must be going wrong somewhere ....
RachelMe too...surely I am not the only person who is regularly to be seen tearing about upstairs putting things on and standing disparingly in front of the mirror going 'Oh no, not THAT!', whilst wishing that whatever I was wearing yesterday were clean? :what:

Zebra Woman
5th-August-2004, 08:21 PM
Since I've been on the forum, I have saved myself hours of deliberations over dressing up. In fact, I needed to save that time to make up for.... spending so much time on the Forum! :confused: :confused:

That's because I only choose from my 6 zebra tops or my 1 zebra skirt. Easy peasy :grin:

How lucky can one Zebra be? :wink:

BFF Friday? ...that'll be the skirt then...

Rhythm King
6th-August-2004, 12:17 AM
BFF Friday? ...that'll be the skirt then...

I shall be watching out for it then! :nice:

Sheepman
6th-August-2004, 11:42 AM
i just forget peoples faces!!! No worries, in case anyone is wondering, I'll be wearing sheep, (and pyjamas?) There, that's saved me from making a long agonized decision.

Greg

The Pilgrim
8th-August-2004, 03:01 PM
The standard of dress amongst some male jivers is lamentable. It takes little effort to dress appropriately.

Gardening clothes should be worn for gardening and jokers who like to wear clown attire or pyjamas for dancing should be censured.

----------------
"A seeker of truth is no stranger to controversy."

Andy McGregor
8th-August-2004, 03:37 PM
The standard of dress amongst some male jivers is lamentable. It takes little effort to dress appropriately.

I think people should show they've made an effort. And I do think that some guys let the women down. Every woman gives considerable thought to her clothes/hair/shoes/fragrance/etc before she goes dancing: some guys go in a t-shirt, jeans and trainers :sick:

p.s. Hey Pilgrim, who are you :devil:

Jive Brummie
8th-August-2004, 05:49 PM
As much as i agree with what Andy has said :sick: ... :wink: , I am also a firm believer that whoever you are, you should dress in whatever makes you comfortable. If there is a special party night on, I think you'll find 95% of men and women make the effort....I also think that the same 95% can't / don't want to wear there posh togs all night as they're either impracticle or people just don't feel comfortable in them for that particular environment.

Looking at these posts, I'm obviously one of those lamentable types that wear pyjamas and t-shirts...sometimes even vests... :eek: but then again, that's me, that's the style i like. Whether people believe me or not, I pick my clothes carefully and feel they give me the identity I have today, and the one that I want to portray, and not one I think might rub someone up the wrong way. I make sure nothing I wear is offensive or rude, is clean and tidy...and if you don't like it, then.....,then...., you can lump it :what: *harumph*

James x x
(currently wearing a pair of baggies and a t-shirt........my tux is in the wash :wink: )

Emma
8th-August-2004, 06:52 PM
Looking at these posts, I'm obviously one of those lamentable types that wear pyjamas and t-shirtsI don't think anyone could describe you as lamentable, James! :hug:

Tiggerbabe
8th-August-2004, 07:16 PM
my tux is in the wash :wink: )
OH MY GOD! JB in a tux - be still my heart :wink: The kilt first :drool: now a tux :waycool: :D *swoon*

Andy McGregor
8th-August-2004, 07:18 PM
I don't think anyone could describe you as lamentable, James! :hug:

The few times I've seen James dance I would say his dress code was "funky" :waycool:

What I was saying earlier is that some guys seem to give their outfit no thought at all and, compared to the women, these guys look like they should have been down the pub rather than pairing up with women who have given their look so much consideration :worthy:

Emma
8th-August-2004, 07:21 PM
Don't go there Sheena: that way madness lies :wink: :hug:

James, do you think we could have a picture?

Sparkles
9th-August-2004, 09:55 PM
James, do you think we could have a picture?

Or several...? :drool: :wink:

Yogi_Bear
9th-August-2004, 10:06 PM
T

What I was saying earlier is that some guys seem to give their outfit no thought at all and, compared to the women, these guys look like they should have been down the pub rather than pairing up with women who have given their look so much consideration :worthy:
I would go further and suggest that some guys seem to have come straight from the potting shed or even the gym. Funny how I can never seem to see any female equivalents...
:confused:

MartinHarper
10th-August-2004, 12:37 AM
Guys seem to give their outfit no thought at all and, compared to the women, these guys look like they should have been down the pub rather than pairing up with women who have given their look so much consideration.

In other news, women die for more often to eating disorders. There is a theory that this is caused by the comparatively greater pressure placed on women to look good, compared to men. This, in turn, is theorised to be because men tend to be focused more on outward appearance, where women care more about inner beauty.

Food for thought? Depends how many calories are in it, I suppose.

Mr Cool
28th-August-2005, 01:02 PM
I think people should show they've made an effort. And I do think that some guys let the women down. Every woman gives considerable thought to her clothes/hair/shoes/fragrance/etc before she goes dancing: some guys go in a t-shirt, jeans and trainers :sick:

p.s. Hey Pilgrim, who are you :devil:

Spare a thought for the Men who have to wear a shirt and tie all week. WE DO GET FED UP WITH DRESS CODES. Most people who dance get hot and sweaty I think the main issue is to wear somthing clean you can change easily that you are comfortable dancing In nobody likes dancing with people soaked in sweat. Personnally the thought of dancing in formal dress or a zoot suit for that matter as impractical and bizarre. silly hats exempt of course. : waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Donna
30th-August-2005, 12:51 PM
Spare a thought for the Men who have to wear a shirt and tie all week. WE DO GET FED UP WITH DRESS CODES. Most people who dance get hot and sweaty I think the main issue is to wear somthing clean you can change easily that you are comfortable dancing In nobody likes dancing with people soaked in sweat.

I think people should just dress in what is comfortable for them on a normal dance night but it is nice to see everybody dressed smartly on a freestyle night. If it's something like a 'black tie' night for example whereby the men put their suits on....they don't last for any longer than an hour. Before you know it, the tie comes off, then the shirt replaced with a t-shirt :sad:. - about 50 of them in one night!!

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 01:50 PM

I would love to dress up to go dancing. Zoot suits, Evening wear, combat trousers etc. I don't (except for the little red dress for special occasions) for two reasons:

1. Aesthetic. I look at the great, colourful, confusing riot of clothes other people wear to dance. I try out clothes like them. Result: I look a sad, middle-aged man trying to recapture something.

2. Practical: Until someone sells a retail version of the NASA spaceman cooling suit that pumps refridgerent around little tubes next to my body, I will sweat copiously and distractingly when I dance. If I wore anything stylish or tailored I would poach. I have to wear the lightest most breathable fabric I can find. It's not an anti-perspirant thing - it's a physiological thing with me. I wish it were not so. Hence I take 5 T-Shirts a night to a dance - it's the only practical solution.

Oh, if I a lady dances with me and thinks I am too sweaty - tell me. I will change T-shirt. Sorry if this information upsets or offends anyone reading this.

Andy - you will just have to continue despising what I and my kind (sweaty men) wear.

Clive

Sparkles
30th-August-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm glad this thread seems to have made a come-back, it would be interesting to hear what more of you think on this topic.

I think there's a different between 'dressing up' and 'making an effort'. If all the T-shirts/shirts a man wears to a dancing night are smart and presentable I would consider that to be 'making an effort', as opposed to looking like you've just come out from under a car bonnet or from the depths of a potting shed :rolleyes:. 'Dressing up', on the other hand, might be more along the lines of wearing something particularly special that you would not normally wear.

BUT, I think it's all relative... Where as one person might consider 'dressing up' to be a full zoot suit, another might consider putting on a freshly-ironed Hawiian shirt to be dressed up... so I guess it's a matter of degree.

:flower: S. x

Icey
30th-August-2005, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately I too am of the "leaky skin" variety so I wear bright swirly skirts and plain black vest t-shirts. I take along 4 or so black vest t-shirts so that I can change but not change my whole outfit.

It's not just the guys that get very sweaty.

Donna
30th-August-2005, 02:05 PM
Hence I take 5 T-Shirts a night to a dance - it's the only practical solution.

I know someone who takes more than/ and wears more than 5 t-shirts in one night!!

Oh, if I a lady dances with me and thinks I am too sweaty - tell me.

:yeah: :D But...that would make you more paranoid no??

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm glad this thread seems to have made a come-back, it would be interesting to hear what more of you think on this topic.

I think there's a different between 'dressing up' and 'making an effort'. If all the T-shirts/shirts a man wears to a dancing night are smart and presentable I would consider that to be 'making an effort', as opposed to looking like you've just come out from under a car bonnet or from the depths of a potting shed :rolleyes:. 'Dressing up', on the other hand, might be more along the lines of wearing something particularly special that you would not normally wear.

BUT, I think it's all relative... Where as one person might consider 'dressing up' to be a full zoot suit, another might consider putting on a freshly-ironed Hawiian shirt to be dressed up... so I guess it's a matter of degree.

:flower: S. x

S. I have to say that you are never less than beautifully and elegantly dressed - it is noticed - and appreciated - adding to that such an accomplished dancer ... well ... :worthy:

But...that would make you more paranoid no??
How can I be paranoid if I know what the problem is and take steps to tackle it?

However.

Some might say it would be difficult for me to be more paranoid.

They're there you know. Just because you can't see them - doesn't mean they're not there.

LMC
30th-August-2005, 02:18 PM
It's not just the guys that get very sweaty.
I also have glowing like a pig tendencies... :blush:

Dorothy Perkins black vest tops at a fiver a throw. Fantastic.

Donna
30th-August-2005, 02:19 PM
S. I have to say that you are never less than beautifully and elegantly dressed - it is noticed - and appreciated - adding to that such an accomplished dancer ... well ... :worthy:

How can I be paranoid if I know what the problem is and take steps to tackle it?

However.

Some might say it would be difficult for me to be more paranoid.

They're there you know. Just because you can't see them - doesn't mean they're not there.

Hmmmm... you may find this useful then. :grin: www.no-bo.com (http://www.no-bo.com)

Sparkles
12th-April-2007, 02:29 PM
Since some people seem to be voting on this poll again I was wondering...

Is it more difficult to dress up/make an effort with clothing now that there are so many more weekenders and freestyles? With more on offer are people more selective about where they wear their 'posh frock' to? Or is it just an excuse for more shopping and more 'posh frocks'? :devil: