PDA

View Full Version : Tonights the Night

Easter Bunny
12th-July-2004, 01:55 PM
Went to see Ben Elton's musical based on Rod Stewart's music at the Victoria Palace Theatre on Friday night. Absolutely brilliant, exceeded my expectations and fantastic voices and dancing.

It was also extremely funny - helped by the fact that one of the cast kept ad libbing and made the other cast 'corpse' on stage.

Well worth a visit if you get the chance.

Any other recommendations for shows ? (Iv'e seen all the main ones ie Les Mis; Miss Saigon etc.) - has anyone seen the Jerry Springer one ? any good ?

Lesley

Zuhal
14th-July-2004, 04:38 PM
Nothing to do with Musicals but a true story.

Staying in a rural B & B with some colleagues on a course. We came down to breakfast and while being polite to the other guests were informed by one elderly lady that today was her husbands 83rd birthday.

Much congratulation later I mischievously suggested to my neighbour that tonight was going to be the night when he was going to get lucky with his wife. My neighbour passed this thought around the room until all ten of us had a certain mental vision.

When the lady announced that it was also their 50th wedding anniverssary she received rather more laughter than she was expecting. :rofl:

The Title is the Punchline.
Zuhal

Lory
14th-July-2004, 04:44 PM
When the lady announced that it was also their 50th wedding anniverssary she received rather more laughter than she was expecting. :rofl:

Zuhal :na: :rofl:

Groovy Dancer
14th-July-2004, 07:57 PM
Went to see Ben Elton's musical based on Rod Stewart's music at the Victoria Palace Theatre on Friday night. Absolutely brilliant, exceeded my expectations and fantastic voices and dancing.

It was also extremely funny - helped by the fact that one of the cast kept ad libbing and made the other cast 'corpse' on stage.

Well worth a visit if you get the chance.
Saw it a couple months ago. Absolutely brilliant!! :yeah:

Sparkles
15th-July-2004, 12:12 AM
I would definitely recomment 'Fame' - was absolutely brilliant (and I went there not expecting to enjoy it at all, thought it's be really cheesy and awful - how wrong I was)!
Haven't been to see Jerry Springer though, sorry.
S. x