PDA

View Full Version : Sleep deprived?

Emma
10th-October-2002, 08:33 AM
This thread is for you, Franck - nice and normal..well..as normal as possible around here..:wink:

Does everyone else have trouble sleeping after they've been dancing? I'm usually still laying awake a couple of hours after I get home, even if I do stay up for a bit and drink a cup of herbal tea and browse the forum etc.

Franck
10th-October-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Emma
This thread is for you, Franck - nice and normal..well..as normal as possible around here..:wink:

Does everyone else have trouble sleeping after they've been dancing? I'm usually still laying awake a couple of hours after I get home, even if I do stay up for a bit and drink a cup of herbal tea and browse the forum etc. Thanks Emma :wink: it made my morning...
I'm the same, after a good night dancing, I need to unwind with food drink and of course a good peek at the Forum :nice:
I am sure you'll have noticed how late I and everybody else posted on most of the threads :really:

However, it's a different story in the morning :what:

Franck.

Fox
10th-October-2002, 08:44 AM
Hi Emma

Yeah I have the same problem.....even though I'm quite tired and pooped out, I usually rumble around in bed for at least an hour before dropping off....only to wake up 2-3 hours later.
Does anyone else get headaches the morning after?
I often get them, thought for a while it was lack of water but I usually drink a bucket full during and after dancing.

Fox
~swishes tail to the left~
~swishes tail to the right~

Emma
10th-October-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Fox
Yeah I have the same problem.....even though I'm quite tired and pooped out, I usually rumble around in bed for at least an hour before dropping off....only to wake up 2-3 hours later.
Yeah, that's it!

Does anyone else get headaches the morning after?
I often get them, thought for a while it was lack of water but I usually drink a bucket full during and after dancing.
Yup...I'd sort of assumed it was because of the lack of alcohol in my bloodstream...my body just isn't used to that! :wink: :cheers:

..and this is my 100th post! Hurrah!

Franck
10th-October-2002, 10:31 AM
Yup...I'd sort of assumed it was because of the lack of alcohol in my bloodstream...my body just isn't used to that! :wink: :cheers:

..and this is my 100th post! Hurrah! Aha, I think you got it there, lack of alcohol can definitely harm you! Remember that eventhough it is not advisable to drink and dance, you can still drink afterwards :yum: :devil:

... and congratulations on your 100th post! Quite an achievement, and if you were not Little Miss Cheeky, you would have become a "Member" instead of a "Junior Member". Here is to the next 100! :cheers:

Franck.

Rachel
10th-October-2002, 11:24 AM
Does everyone else have trouble sleeping after they've been dancing? I'm usually still laying awake a couple of hours after I get home, even if I do stay up for a bit and drink a cup of herbal tea and browse the forum etc.
After ceroc, I'll often go to the 24-hour Tesco and do my shopping (so nice and quiet then!), drive 30 or 60 or whatever miles to get home, faff around making something to eat, have a bath ... and, by then, I'm sooo shattered, it's 3 in the morning and I have to get up at 6.30 and drive 35 miles to work. Or, at least, try to get up at 6.30... And it's pretty much the same routine 3 or 4 times a week. By the time it gets to the weekend, I need to sleep for a uninterrupted minimum 20-hour stint.

Thank God, at least, I don't have internet access at home as well, or this forum would be just too tempting and I'd probably get no sleep at all!
Rachel

Franck
10th-October-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Thank God, at least, I don't have internet access at home as well, or this forum would be just too tempting and I'd probably get no sleep at all!
Rachel Wow, you get even less :really: sleep than me :what:
How do you do it? :nice: I have done the Tesco thing, and you are right it is so relaxing at that time of night (still hate unpacking though :sad: ).

I must pick up on your lack of internet access at home :really: This is such an absolute necessity, I can't believe you don't have it? You mean to tell me some people can't read & post in here from home :confused:
Go get yourself an imac and broadband, and you will be in heaven :nice: You can thank me later!
Anyway, we need more of your wisdom in here.

Franck.

Jon
11th-October-2002, 01:15 AM
Just been out dancing, it's now 1:15 and I'm on the forum. Does this mean I qualify as sleep deprived?

Tiggerbabe
11th-October-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Jon
Just been out dancing, it's now 1:15 and I'm on the forum. Does this mean I qualify as sleep deprived?

NOPE - JUST MEANS YOU'RE NORMAL JON!
:waycool:

Rachel
11th-October-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Wow, you get even less :really: sleep than me :what:
How do you do it
I must pick up on your lack of internet access at home :really: This is such an absolute necessity, I can't believe you don't have it? You mean to tell me some people can't read & post in here from home :confused:
Go get yourself an imac and broadband, and you will be in heaven :nice Franck.
The only reason I manage to keep going on 3 hours sleep a night is because I have marathon sleeps at the weekend to catch up (I wasn't joking about the 20 hours). Seems to work for me somehow.
And I thought immac was a kind of hair delapitory or is that delipatory or delo.... sod it, hair remover, anyway. No, I daren't get internet at home - I'd never be off this forum (and then you really would be complaining about southeners taking over!) And I'm very very ashamed to admit that, on occasion, I have had to take work home because I spent too much work time reading and writing posts. Oh dear, I'm so sad at times ...

Will
11th-October-2002, 11:26 AM
I'll give you sleep deprived! I was at the Norwood Dance Marathon last Sunday in Hammersmith Town Hall, went home, had 4 hours sleep and then had to get up at 5am to fly to Aberdeen for the day. Knackered? I think so!:o

Rachel
11th-October-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Will
I'll give you sleep deprived! I was at the Norwood Dance Marathon last Sunday in Hammersmith Town Hall, went home, had 4 hours sleep and then had to get up at 5am to fly to Aberdeen for the day. Knackered? I think so!:o Oh, I was there, too! For the full 12 hrs. Know what you mean, it was exhausting. We had to drive back to Northampton afterwards and, needless to say, I didn't manage to get up at 6.30 for work the next day... Embarrassingly shuffled into the office an hour late!

(PS you didn't happen to see a girl there who was consistenly dancing out of time with the music, did you? Or am I just getting too worked up about the comment that lady made to me?)

Jon
12th-October-2002, 12:04 PM
I was there to from 1pm. And the evening before did 4 hours almost non stop dancing at the Charlton Saturday special.

Emma
13th-October-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

After ceroc, I'll often go to the 24-hour Tesco and do my shopping (so nice and quiet then!), drive 30 or 60 or whatever miles to get home, faff around making something to eat, have a bath ... and, by then, I'm sooo shattered, it's 3 in the morning and I have to get up at 6.30 and drive 35 miles to work. Or, at least, try to get up at 6.30... And it's pretty much the same routine 3 or 4 times a week.

Now that is impressive!

Rachel
14th-October-2002, 08:47 AM
Now that is impressive! It's just that I'm a night person, and not very disciplined about making myself go to bed. I am definitely not impressive first thing in the morning ... and not a very pretty sight, either!