PDA

View Full Version : New Record for Members Online TODAY at Midday

under par
12th-July-2004, 10:21 AM
There are 23 online currently and we need 33 more come on everybody a big effort of networking by whatever means and lets get up to 56 online members at MIDDAY today

under par
12th-July-2004, 10:39 AM
There are 23 online currently and we need 33 more come on everybody a big effort of networking by whatever means and lets get up to 56 online members at MIDDAY today

We have dropped back to 19 online....

DianaS
12th-July-2004, 10:41 AM
We have dropped back to 19 online....
I'm on and raring to go!
What we going to talk about though? :yeah:

under par
12th-July-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm on and raring to go!
What we going to talk about though? :yeah:

What ever you want to....... :whistle:

Best dance venue....

Best record to skateboard to.............

funniest looking elbows ever seen.........

nicest smelling cheese........

greatest ever cardigan wearers.....

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

DianaS
12th-July-2004, 10:56 AM

Best dance venue....

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
What about the worst chat up line or complement that your've ever had in a danvce venue! :clap:

DianaS
12th-July-2004, 10:58 AM
What about the worst chat up line or complement that your've ever had in a danvce venue! :clap:
Any one got a starter? :clap: :hug:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:30 AM
Any one got a starter? :clap: :hug:

As a dance teacher I was approached by a woman in her late forties who asked if I gave individual tuition. I said that I did (in all innocence) :innocent: and was then asked later in the evening (by the same woman)...

Would you be able to give me some private tuition in leading and following...???

I spent ten minutes or so going through the basics with her at the side of the dance floor :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: and after that she said,

"Well, now that I know you can lead and I know how to follow, what are the chances of you leading me astray later on after you finish :devil: ....I would certainly be willing to follow your lead !!!!" :sick:

How cheesy is that....???? :drool:

Divissima
12th-July-2004, 11:34 AM
This line was used on me a couple of years ago:

"I know I'm old enough to be your father, but would you like to go out sometime?"

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:35 AM
Where can we see how many members are actually online at the moment...???

under par
12th-July-2004, 11:39 AM
Where can we see how many members are actually online at the moment...???

Go to quicklinks on topline highlight it and it is at the bottom.

DianaS
12th-July-2004, 11:41 AM
As a dance teacher I was approached by a woman in her late forties who asked if I gave individual tuition. I said that I did (in all innocence) :innocent: and was then asked later in the evening (by the same woman)...

Would you be able to give me some private tuition in leading and following...???

I spent ten minutes or so going through the basics with her at the side of the dance floor :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: and after that she said,

"Well, now that I know you can lead and I know how to follow, what are the chances of you leading me astray later on after you finish :devil: ....I would certainly be willing to follow your lead !!!!" :sick:

How cheesy is that....???? :drool:

and did you???? :whistle:

under par
12th-July-2004, 11:42 AM
We still only have 22 online HELP!!

DianaS
12th-July-2004, 11:46 AM
Most touching chat up I've had was in the middle of a lovely slow blusey number, when he just looked at me and said

this dance floor is really crowded
I wish all these people would just go away

Most cheesy
you're really hot, and so am I.(It was a hot night at a hot venue) Lets go outside (I looked at him and didn't!)

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:48 AM
and did you???? :whistle:

Most certainly not....I'm a good boy despite the recent coverage in the Mirror (you know, students fall in love with their teachers etc etc.) :blush:

Oh....what a dreary drag it is - happens all the time NOT!!!! :sick:

Mind you, being the perfect standard CerocMetro height for dancer / teacher, it isn't surprising. :waycool: Adam and Andy McG both suffer the same affliction of dancers falling in love with them as well.... :hug:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:52 AM
Go to quicklinks on topline highlight it and it is at the bottom.

Eh...??? :confused:

Quicklinks doesn't give a how many members option....totally confused.... :really:

under par
12th-July-2004, 12:00 PM
Eh...??? :confused:

Quicklinks doesn't give a how many members option....totally confused.... :really:

At the bottom of Quicklinks is "whose online" if you click that it tells you on the top of the page how many are there. :clap:

under par
12th-July-2004, 12:02 PM
Only 27 at midday!

Pammy
I'm here :grin:

DavidB
"I know I'm old enough to be your father, but would you like to go out sometime?"I can't believe Toby used that line on you.

CJ
At the bottom of Quicklinks is "whose online" if you click that it tells you on the top of the page how many are there. :clap:

That is under the proviso that you are a paid up member...

Anyway, am here.

How we doing for numbers?!?

Boozy Bird
12th-July-2004, 12:03 PM
I was there too!

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:04 PM
I was there too!

Et moi aussi... :worthy:

under par
12th-July-2004, 12:05 PM
That is under the proviso that you are a paid up member...

Anyway, am here.

How we doing for numbers?!?

29 at midday +5 minutes

under par
12th-July-2004, 12:06 PM
30 at midday+6 min

Lou
12th-July-2004, 12:08 PM
Anyway, am here.Me too! :nice:

Lory
12th-July-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm here, I can't believe I've left my fridge half way though cleaning it! All the foods out and i've sprayed it with Detox! :rolleyes: :)

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:13 PM
Best dance venue....

Has to be Walthamstow Town Hall - marvellous venue of CerocMetro Masked Ball of the East and the JiveMasters final....brilliant.... :worthy:

Errm......welll, love rollerblading to dubious 70s disco (leg warmers optional...) :really:

Not elbows but one of the cleaners in my office at work has the most amazing set of 'dinner lady' upper arms ever seen, acres of hanging white flesh.....eeaaugh...... :drool:

Has to be deep fried camembert.....with raspberyy jelly slowly melting over the top of it..... :D

Definitely my Grandad (now not with us). He had the little leather buttons, pockets full of pipe tobacco and everything. He had that lovely old man sort of homely smell about him when I cuddled him..... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Rachel
12th-July-2004, 12:16 PM
What about the worst chat up line or complement that your've ever had in a danvce venue! :clap: Haven't got one of those to share, unfortunately ... :tears: But I did get an insult at the weekend, although it was rather funny - I asked a guy to dance and he looked at me very seriously and said, 'Um, maybe the next one? This music really doesn't suit you!'

How about that, huh?!!
Rachel

TheTramp
12th-July-2004, 12:16 PM
Has to be Walthamstow Town Hall - marvellous venue of CerocMetro Masked Ball of the East and the JiveMasters final....brilliant.... :worthy:
You've not been to Blackpool then have you Gordy? Either venue :D

Trampy

Trish
12th-July-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm not too sure about most of the above, but I've got a good one for funniest looking elbow!

A guy I used to go out with banged his elbow, which swelled up to twice it's normal size. That was weird enough but after the swelling went down the skin had stretched and he had a permanent large dimple in the middle of it!

Agree about the deep fried Camembert - lovely!

My Granddad sounds very similar to Gordy's - is that just a Granddad thing, or is it something I should be worried about?!!!

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 12:21 PM
'Um, maybe the next one? This music really doesn't suit you!'

How about that, huh?!!
Rachel

He must have been waiting for the DJ to play "Pretty Woman" :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:22 PM
You've not been to Blackpool then have you Gordy? Either venue :D

Trampy

Went to Blackpool many years ago - forgotten about that..

Mind you, the Deep Blue weekend at the Leas Cliff Hall was astounding.....

The venue had tiered three level seating, excellent dancefloor, lighting and sound system...... :rolleyes:

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 12:23 PM
29 at midday +5 minutes

There were 35 at 12.21 !!!

Zebra Woman
12th-July-2004, 12:25 PM

Nice hall - shame about the toilets..... :sick: :angry: :blush:
:tears:

Rachel
He must have been waiting for the DJ to play "Pretty Woman" :flower: Andy - you have definitely got all the best lines!!!
R xx

under par
There were 35 at 12.21 !!!

:sad: looks like we,ve failed!!!

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:28 PM
Nice hall - shame about the toilets..... :sick: :angry: :blush:
:tears:

Didn't get the opportunity to visit the ladies toilets - no invitiations :blush:

I will however confirm this with Andy McG who frequents all three types of toilet....

Boys...

Girls....

Andy McG's / not so sure / depends what mood I'm in..... :really: :wink:

Lory
12th-July-2004, 12:31 PM

[QUOTE]Best dance venue....Have to agree with Gordon on that one! Walthamstow....Brilliant! Nope I've not danced at Blackpool :tears: btw Gordon, you didn't answer my PM! :angry:

I'll do best record to smooch to... Major Harris, love won't let me wait!

:confused:

nicest smelling cheese........Don't know what it's called but its made with walnuts and fruit cake! :yum:

greatest ever cardigan wearers.....All Nans! :worthy:

Worst line anyone said to me at a dance night, MY GOOD GOD! This was in the line up, when we were learning a particular move where the women had to lean forward! :blush: He appologised profusly after! lucky I've got a good sence of humour! :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:35 PM
btw Gordon, you didn't answer my PM! :angry:

DOH...!!!

Passed the information on to Adam to follow up (which he hasn't...obviously)

I will follow up again...

Still luv ya.... :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :hug:

baldrick
12th-July-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi folk sorry i'm late. Been for lunch time walk.
Did I miss any thing?

dee
12th-July-2004, 12:49 PM
Ok, call me blonde and all that, but how do you know who is on line? its all changed :D

Sheepman
12th-July-2004, 12:54 PM
Has to be Walthamstow Town Hall :
But does it have to be big to be best? (If so it has to be the Tower at Blackpool for me). But if you like it small and cosy, with a perfect floor, my favourite has to be near Leatherhead (secret location, as it always sells out anyway!!)

Has to be deep fried camembert.....with raspberyy jelly slowly melting over the top of itHave you tried it baked after an injection of white wine and cream? (The cheese is injected, not you!) :drool: :yum:

Ooops, I arrived late, to be honest, I forgot all about it, next time I'll set the alram :what:

Greg

Rachel
12th-July-2004, 01:51 PM
:sad: looks like we,ve failed!!! Well, my motto is: never try to recreate past experiences. They will never be as good as your memories. Instead, just look for exciting new experiences and you may get something even more special ...

Who cares about numbers, anyway - it's quality that counts. Speaking of which ... where are all Scots who used to post here so regularly - Wendy, Graham, FC ...?
Rachel

Divissima
12th-July-2004, 02:00 PM
I can't believe Toby used that line on you.:rofl: :rofl: I'll tell him you said that :really:

Minnie M
12th-July-2004, 02:51 PM
Ok, call me blonde and all that, but how do you know who is on line? its all changed :D

you have to be a 'premium' member first - those with the highlighted names have paid their dues

RobC
12th-July-2004, 07:21 PM
Jeez, doesn't anyone around here do any work ? :innocent:

Gadget
12th-July-2004, 11:03 PM
nope, sorry: local trades holiday; I was swimming or clambering through a foam gym with my kids at lunch time: Much though the though of your company may entice, I do try to have a life outside of dancing...

...well, that's a lie actually: Truth be told my life just happens and I try to have some dancing inside of it :D :waycool:

Gordon J Pownall
13th-July-2004, 12:15 AM
Jeez, doesn't anyone around here do any work ? :innocent:

I work for social services....whadda you reckon...... :whistle:

cerocmetro
13th-July-2004, 01:22 AM

Has anyone mentioned that there is a video :whistle:

Adam

Lou
26th-July-2004, 01:31 PM
Most users ever online was 71, 26th-July-2004 at 12:48 PM.

:eek: What happened?

Sparkles
26th-July-2004, 01:48 PM

Um, everyone just loves the forum so much...? :flower:

Yogi_Bear
26th-July-2004, 09:40 PM
Um, everyone just loves the forum so much...? :flower:
Jive Masters euphoria?

Forte
26th-July-2004, 10:12 PM
aaargh! Midday? Too late for the party again! Sorry everyone (I was having furniture delivered) :flower:

under par
27th-July-2004, 05:21 AM

You all were on line today just to spite my failure last week! :wink:

Lou
27th-July-2004, 08:19 AM
You all were on line today just to spite my failure last week! :wink:
hehe! Actually, whilst I was logged in, I was actually in B&Q. :whistle:

Sparkles
27th-July-2004, 09:44 AM
hehe! Actually, whilst I was logged in, I was actually in B&Q. :whistle:

How did you do that then? :confused:

Lou
27th-July-2004, 09:47 AM
How did you do that then? :confused:
I accidently left the pc pointing to the Who's Online page, whilst I went shopping! :D

Sparkles
27th-July-2004, 09:51 AM
I accidently left the pc pointing to the Who's Online page, whilst I went shopping! :D

Ah, sneaky, I like it! :wink:

DavidY
31st-July-2004, 05:24 PM
Well there are 118 users online just now.

Looks like it's me, Gus, under par, Daisy Chain... one or two guests, and over 100 spiders :eek: :eek:

TheTramp
31st-July-2004, 05:36 PM
Almost all of them being the Inktomi Slurp Spider (we're up to 125 now)

Maybe that's where all the bandwidth is, Franck. And I'm wrongly blamed :tears:

Trampy

Lou
31st-July-2004, 06:25 PM
Looks like it's me, Gus, under par, Daisy Chain... one or two guests, and over 100 spiders :eek: :eek:
It's the hot weather bringing them out.... :eek: