PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Mandy - What a weekend!

Tiggerbabe
11th-July-2004, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to Franck, for asking Adam and Mandy north of the border again. What a fabulous weekend. :worthy: :worthy:
Each of the four workshops were such fun and so enjoyable- great teaching style :clap: amazing to see how even the most simple moves can end up being almost illegal :wink:

There was an amazing buzz at the party on Saturday night :waycool:
The music was great - cheers CJ - especially for Havana - all of it :D :clap:

Hoping to try out some of the moves tomorrow - guys, you have been warned :innocent: :drool:

TheTramp
11th-July-2004, 10:41 PM
Warned???

Or are you just whetting our appetites then Sheena??

Trampy

Kay
12th-July-2004, 07:55 AM
Just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to Franck, for asking Adam and Mandy north of the border again. What a fabulous weekend. :worthy: :worthy:
Each of the four workshops were such fun and so enjoyable- great teaching style :clap: amazing to see how even the most simple moves can end up being almost illegal :wink:
I have to second that - a fabulous weekend, thank you Franck. I think you also enjoyed the workshops too, eh? :hug: Hoping to try out some of the moves on Tuesday at Peterculter :wink: Are you coming up Sheena?

baldrick
12th-July-2004, 08:48 AM
:yeah:
Just to add my cheers to Franck for an amazing weekend.

And Sheena great to meet you and thanks for the dancing. :D

PretzelMeister
14th-July-2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah - the workshops were great, although with so much crammed-in my head has also been left in a spin!

- Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the workshop notes?

Would desperately like to get a hold of these and get some practice in before the moves desert my sieve-like mind completely!

under par
14th-July-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah - the workshops were great, although with so much crammed-in my head has also been left in a spin!

Would desperately like to get a hold of these and get some practice in before the moves desert my sieve-like mind completely!

Don't know how to get hold of the notes but welcome nice to see some new members posting. :yeah:

Tiggerbabe
14th-July-2004, 01:29 PM

Adam will be sending up details of the workshops to Franck and these will be posted onto a special Workshops Thread so that anyone who was there can take a look and refresh their memory. Usually takes about a week, but maybe longer as there's another Jive Masters heat this weekend in London. :clap:

And welcome to the Forum :hug:

Stuart M
14th-July-2004, 01:35 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Pretzelmeister - don't spend too long on it or my software will never get tested...

...on second thoughts, maybe that would be a good idea :blush:

Like the name. Gives you a reputation to live up to though.

PS - change your Forum colour settings - I can see that orange screen from the opposite side of the office :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
15th-July-2004, 12:40 AM
maybe longer as there's another Jive Masters heat this weekend in London. :clap:

My mistake - it's next weekend isn't it?- That's the 25th July for those of you who are paying attention :whistle:

under par
15th-July-2004, 01:19 AM
My mistake - it's next weekend isn't it?- That's the 25th July for those of you who are paying attention :whistle:

Paying attention miss !!! Honest... :eek:

Franck
15th-July-2004, 09:59 AM
Just like to say that Mandy and I had a totally awesome time in Glasgow at the weekend. the workshops were great fun to teach and the Jivemasters night was simply brilliant.
A huge well done to Bill & Denise and James & Mel :cheers: :worthy:

Also a massive congratulations to all the competitors who made it a superb competition :worthy:

I will definitely be coming up for BFG, just getting flights arranged.Wow, what a week-end! :clap:
Probably the best week-end ever in Glasgow, everyone was there, the atmosphere was incredible and the fun, excitement never stopped... :nice:

Saturday's workshops were fantastic, and Adam and Mandy once again demonstrated why I keep inviting them back, flawless teaching, entertaining style, loads of new ideas, concepts, and simply the sexiest workshops I've ever done, what a day :D
In the 'Move a little closer' workshop, none of the moves were sleazy, proving that you can teach Blues / sexy dancing without going over the top, but the overall effect was electric...
The Smooth as Candy workshop, had a lot to live up to (with such a cheesy title) and delivered. You could see everyone progressing on the day, and those of you I saw during the week, really seem to have got it, a much smoother style of dancing, awareness of your partner's momentum, a more relaxed approach to the moves allowing for more flexibility in the timing which was great for musical interpretation
Sunday morning included a more relaxed set of moves in a routine designed to appear effortless (whilst still hard work :wink: ). The moves mad us work on our balance, awareness of our partners and gave us many new stylish ideas (and for me, loads of new teaching ideas :D ).
The 'Easy pick-ups' workshop was breathtaking, and while some of the moves probably weren't as easy as that, they all looked incredible, definitely a must for anyone considering a competition or a showcase!
Adam and Mandy really emphasized the safety of both dancers, but not in a theoretical way, taking time to demonstrate and to explain all the principles behind successful lifts & drops. Balance, support, A frame, tension, leading / following, timing... All this and many style points to add before, during and on the exit of moves! Respect! :worthy:

The Saturday party was incredible, the hall was buzzing, the music was spot on, and what a plethora of great dancers... I don't think I managed to sit down all night, and would like to thank everyone of you who asked me for a dance, you made my night!
The Jivemasters competition was fantastic, and provided a great focus point in the night. Well done to everyone who competed on the night, I know from experience the pressure you are put under, and once again would like to thank you for putting on such an effort. Costumes, moves and connections made for a breathtaking display of dancing, and certainly made me very proud of the dancers we have in Scotland! :worthy:

So there it is, a long post, can't wait for the next few events now... The Scottish Champs in August, and of course the BFG in September!