PDA

View Full Version : Would ceroc work in the USA ?

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:17 PM
I spend a lot of time in the USA have done line dancing and other things out there.

Would the trade name 'ceroc' make it out there ? Maybe it already has.

Almost 300 million people. Im out there again in August I'll promote it and take 25% of the multi billion pound turn over the ceroc industry will generate in the USA by 2015.

Well known in Australia is it so in USA ?

AA went global why not ceroc ?

Gus
11th-July-2004, 02:55 PM
I spend a lot of time in the USA have done line dancing and other things out there.

Would the trade name 'ceroc' make it out there ? Maybe it already has.

Think DavidB made some sage comments of the failure of Ceroc in the Colonies some time back. So far, I think, two Ceroc franchises have failed .. one in Chicago ... can't remember where the other one was. ReJive (a MJ outfit) went well for a while but disappeared after 9/11. From what I've been told ModernJive-USA is doing well in NY ... been going a year or two.

bigdjiver
11th-July-2004, 04:36 PM
I think MJ will work in the USA, whether under the Ceroc banner or others. The trick, I think, will be to target the smaller towns, where there is "nothing to do". I would pick a populous area with a lot of small towns about 20 miles apart.

Miss Conduct
11th-July-2004, 05:52 PM
I too have tried, unsuccessfully, to find somewhere to dance in America. I have relatives that I visit as often as possible in Dallas, Texas and as yet have only managed the 'Texas Two Step' (very tame compared with ceroc, even with a cowboy in a big hat.) I have chatted with a chap in California via email who tells me that it took off for a while out there but sadly didn't last.

I think the American's would love it if it was promoted in the right way. If anyone wants to go out and teach I'll volunteer as demo...

Minnie M
11th-July-2004, 07:52 PM
Sat July 17th is our next Modern Jive dance night . Dance classes and freestyle dancing through the night. Meet new people. Bring a friend or two to join the fun.
St. Jean Community Center (air-conditioned, nice wooden floor)
184 E. 76th Street (corner of Lexington Ave.)
New York, NY
Take the No 6 Train to the 77th St./Lexington Ave. Stop
8:00 PM 'till past Midnight
Lessons start at 8:15 PM
Admission $12.50 online and $15 at the door

www.modernjiveusa.com/mjspecials.html