PDA

View Full Version : Why no ceroc in Wales ?

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:11 PM
Often wondered why there isn't any ceroc yet in Wales.

Should I set up a franchise network bring them in from the valleys ?

:waycool:

Gus
11th-July-2004, 02:52 PM

Why would they need Ceroc? There are some very good LeRoc clubs in South Wales, an independant MJ club in Wrexham and an excellent Blitz club just over the Border in Chester.

TheTramp
11th-July-2004, 03:11 PM
Long way from Aberystwyth to any of those though Gus.... :D

Trampy

Gus
11th-July-2004, 03:21 PM
Long way from Aberystwyth to any of those though Gus.... :D

Trampy

Does Aberystwyth still exist?? Thought Wales only consisted of Cardiff, Barmouth, Anglesey and a few mountains :whistle:

philsmove
11th-July-2004, 03:21 PM
Long way from Aberystwyth

Every thing - apart from the sea is a long way from Aberystwyth

Baruch
12th-July-2004, 12:59 AM

Should I set up a franchise network bring them in from the valleys ?

I think there used to be a Ceroc franchise in Cardiff a few years back but it failed. However, you don't need the Ceroc brand name to have a good modern jive club. As someone else has already said, we have two Le Roc clubs in Cardiff, a new one just started up in Newport, and one in Wrexham. Ceroc, Le Roc or whetever else - forget the politics, it's all the same dance. It's just run by different people/companies.

I go to Planet Le Roc in Cardiff, and we have quite a few people who started off by doing Ceroc in other parts of the UK then moved to South Wales. We have two excellent teachers (Mark and Jackie). Le Roc is also very big in Bristol, which isn't that far if you have transport.

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 03:11 AM
Does Aberystwyth still exist?? Thought Wales only consisted of Cardiff, Barmouth, Anglesey and a few mountains :whistle:

Wales is a beautiffullll Country with 600 miles of coastline....

most of it next to the sea, llook you, bach, lllllllovellllllly boy....isn't it.. :wink:

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 09:58 AM
Wales is a beautiful :wink:

Gordy is a very brave man :worthy:

...prepare to be pelted with leeks, daffodils and sheep:whistle:

Baruch
12th-July-2004, 04:25 PM
Wales is a beautiffullll Country with 600 miles of coastline....

most of it next to the sea, llook you, bach, lllllllovellllllly boy....isn't it.. :wink:

OK, now if you can actually PRONOUNCE ll properly, I'll be impressed. Most people east of the border think it's got a th in it somewhere :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 04:35 PM
OK, now if you can actually PRONOUNCE ll properly, I'll be impressed. Most people east of the border think it's got a th in it somewhere :rofl:

I can say the LLanfair PG one..quite well I've been told, but as a Cheshire Lad, I have made many trips across the border into Wales, to climb Tryfan, Snowdon (obviously), Barmouth slabs and to do lots of walking.

Love the place and the people..... :flower: :hug:

No where's the sheep you promised me....???? :blush:

Apparently, if you get them close to a cliff, they push back harder.... :eek:

(That's cliff as in edge of - not Cliff as in Penny...) :devil: :wink:

Baruch
12th-July-2004, 04:48 PM
I can say the LLanfair PG one..quite well I've been told, but as a Cheshire Lad, I have made many trips across the border into Wales, to climb Tryfan, Snowdon (obviously), Barmouth slabs and to do lots of walking.

OK, if I invent a new move I'm going to call it the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch move, just for you ;)

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 04:51 PM
OK, if I invent a new move I'm going to call it the Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch move, just for you ;)

There's lovely of you...... :clap: :worthy: :cheers: :worthy: :hug: :flower:

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 04:57 PM
There's lovely of you...... :clap: :worthy: :cheers: :worthy: :hug: :flower:

Having lived in Chester for a few years I was awarded honourary resident of Prestatyn status. I think Gordy must be talking South Walian - the sheep are much more nervous down there :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 04:59 PM
Having lived in Chester for a few years I was awarded honourary resident of Prestatyn status. I think Gordy must be talking South Walian - the sheep are much more nervous down there :wink:

Know south wales well then Andy...???? :wink: :really:

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 05:02 PM
Know south wales well then Andy...???? :wink: :really:

No, but their sheep used to be sent up to us for a rest :flower:

Lory
12th-July-2004, 05:17 PM
No where's the sheep you promised me....???? :blush:

Apparently, if you get them close to a cliff, they push back harder.... :eek:

:worthy: :rofl: :rofl:

Sheepman
12th-July-2004, 05:59 PM
Apparently, if you get them close to a cliff, they push back harder.... :eek: Curiously not in Ireland though, where I have WITNESSED a sheep flying off over a cliff as it didn't push hard enough.

It was underage though.

Greg

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 06:20 PM
No, but their sheep used to be sent up to us for a rest :flower:

I've heard they used to migrate up north because up there, :eek:

the sheep are laid on their backs so you can kiss them as well...!!!! :sick:

Andy McGregor
12th-July-2004, 07:17 PM
I've heard they used to migrate up north because up there, :eek:

the sheep are laid on their backs so you can kiss them as well...!!!! :sick:

I suppose they were on a missionary :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:57 PM
I suppose they were on a missionary :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You so crack me up Andy.... :worthy:

Dazzle
14th-July-2004, 02:05 AM

I am involved in an independent in Wrexham. We did have a venue in Prestatyn, but it wasn't successful :tears: . The problem we encountered was that there just aren't the venues first of all. When you get them they are fully booked for the summer season.

Secondly, the concentration of people just isn't there except in the major conurbations like Cardiff, Swansea, etc. It is all well and good having a venue, but if the numbers aren't there, then it just won't work. Wales is very much like this. Also a problem with Welsh male macho image and rugby or something? :rolleyes:

Now if we wanted sheep to come along, we would have to limit numbers! :clap: :whistle: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
14th-July-2004, 02:30 AM
I am involved in an independent in Wrexham. We did have a venue in Prestatyn, but it wasn't successful :tears: . The problem we encountered was that there just aren't the venues first of all.

I know a nice hall in Mold. Hmmm, Mold Ceroc, has a certain ring: how about Hope? Or how about Caegwrle? Or even Cwm? Maybe nobody wanted to open a club because the names sounded so silly Cwm Ceroc :confused:

Bangor Ceroc? Only when it's busy:devil:

Gordon J Pownall
14th-July-2004, 09:20 AM
Maybe nobody wanted to open a club because the names sounded so silly...Cwm Ceroc :confused:

Cwm (pronounced cum... :eek: ) actually fits in nicely with the Welsh accent when spoken...

"..come Ceroc here you see...it's luvli...." :wink: :sad:

Andy McGregor
14th-July-2004, 10:09 AM
Cwm (pronounced cum... :eek: ) actually fits in nicely with the Welsh accent when spoken...

I think the pronounciation is closer to 'coom' - as in coom dancing!

ChrisA
14th-July-2004, 10:23 AM
I think the pronounciation is closer to 'coom' - as in coom dancing!
And this from a man who spells like that... :whistle:

Andy McGregor
14th-July-2004, 10:28 AM
And this from a man who smells like that... :whistle:

Just going for the spelling prise :innocent:

bigdjiver
14th-July-2004, 12:25 PM
... the concentration of people just isn't there except in the major conurbations like Cardiff, Swansea, etc. It is all well and good having a venue, but if the numbers aren't there, then it just won't work. ..
Bedford is not a very large town, but supports 5 venues a week, (4 MJ and one swing) all growing, and, of course, the occasional superb freestyle at the Corn Exchange. Large towns and cities are not the prime targets for MJ, yet.
Going in "cold", anywhere, is going to be difficult. A venue with mostly beginners straggling in and out will likely fail. I wonder if perhaps some evening classes in the "Basics of modern Latin partner dance" or some such catch'em title might be a good launchpad. E.G. this is the philosophy behind XXXX, this is music, this the basic foot work, this is how it is incorporated into modern jive, the modern Latin(ish) partner dance ...

Bedford is a rugby town too - MJ, so simple Chris and Martin (come dancing) can do it ...

Gordon J Pownall
14th-July-2004, 01:22 PM
Bedford is not a very large town, but supports 5 venues a week, (4 MJ and one swing) all growing, and, of course, the occasional superb freestyle at the Corn Exchange. Large towns and cities are not the prime targets for MJ, yet.

Bedford in Wales...????

Andi....gud luk wiv ther prise. I howpe yoo wyn iit

Yur mayt,

Godron

stewart38
16th-July-2004, 12:40 AM
So in summary the answer is

Too many sheep

Too few people

Apart from the deep south which has jive which is tough if you live up in north wales but you do have lots of coast line and a holyhead to keep you busy

Gus
16th-July-2004, 08:20 AM
So in summary the answer is

Too many sheep

Too few people

So what is the difference between Scotland and Wales?? Both places far away from London, mostly barren wastleands and mountains, people that 'talk funny', 'interesting' traditional dress and no decent football teams ..... ( :wink: )

Gordon J Pownall
16th-July-2004, 09:14 AM
So what is the difference between Scotland and Wales?? Both places far away from London, mostly barren wastleands and mountains, people that 'talk funny', 'interesting' traditional dress and no decent football teams ..... ( :wink: )

Not dissimilar to the Lake District then..... :whistle:

under par
16th-July-2004, 09:52 AM
Not dissimilar to the Lake District then..... :whistle:

or Iceland for that matter!!! :wink:

Gus
16th-July-2004, 09:53 AM
or Iceland for that matter!!! :wink:

Sorry ... Iceland has actualy got some good footballers .... and for some biazzare reason a stack of them seem to play for Stoke City :confused:

under par
16th-July-2004, 09:57 AM
Sorry ... Iceland has actualy got some good footballers .... and for some biazzare reason a stack of them seem to play for Stoke City :confused:

Also has nice car parks , easy wheelchair access and do a lot of McCain oven chips and Birds Eye peas..... :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
16th-July-2004, 12:48 PM
Also has nice car parks , easy wheelchair access and do a lot of McCain oven chips and Birds Eye peas..... :wink:

Stoke or Iceland...???? :sick:

philsmove
16th-July-2004, 06:06 PM
So what is the difference between Scotland and Wales??

So you are not a whiskey drinker? :cheers: