PDA

View Full Version : Handling / avoiding rejection

DianaS
10th-July-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi
This thread goes along side the Freedom to Refuse thread can any one put a link to it for me? Thanks! :D
Hey, have you handled or avoided rejection?!
We all have had to do it (okay some of us more than others) its something that is tricky so can can we turn it around :cheers:

I've put my own story below I'd love to hear how you've managed your own rejections!
--------------
Being refused a dance permanently isn't something that has yet happened to me, but I have been refused occasionally and sometimes more than once by the same person.

I know one person that I think doesn't like dancing with me but I love dancing with him so I only ask him every few months and he occasionally asks me. I have always made it clear that I keep him for really special occasions or when my dancing has come on so that he can see how much I have improved.

He is always really sweet with me and tells me how much I've come on and I say to him that I won't dance with him for a while until I have really improved. I somethimes think that he may think I'm a nutcase, it's a very convoluted strategy to avoid a potential rejection, but so far he's never turned me down and I adore him :cheers:

Andy McGregor
10th-July-2004, 11:00 AM
so far he's never turned me down and I adore him :cheers:

And, from the sound of it, he never will turn you down:clap:

I've never refused a dance and I hope I never do. Some women apologise for 'not being very good' when you start dancing with them. This works well because you have a low expectation and you look for what is good about your partners dancing rather than what is bad. In this situation I usually find something good about my partners dancing to compliment her on: I also find something I thing she could improve on and offer to help them with it.