PDA

View Full Version : Creating/editing posts - modes

Gadget
9th-July-2004, 06:56 PM
There are three modes to create/edit posts; these can be set in the user control panel. However it would be nice to swap between them on the create/edit screens.

I normally use the basic mode, but the WYSIWYG editor is handy for the occasional cut & paste between applications.

DianaS
30th-August-2004, 10:40 AM
There are three modes to create/edit posts; these can be set in the user control panel. However it would be nice to swap between them on the create/edit screens.

I normally use the basic mode, but the WYSIWYG editor is handy for the occasional cut & paste between applications.
I've seen them and had a play but really need to know how to edit something after the edit button disapppears.
Any ideas?

Gadget
30th-August-2004, 10:48 AM
I've seen them and had a play but really need to know how to edit something after the edit button disapppears.
Any ideas?
The edit button only dissapears five min (?) after the post has been posted; outside of this, you need to plea to a moderator to change it for you.

(I wouldn't do it too often though...using :worthy: and similar may help)

DianaS
30th-August-2004, 10:51 AM
The edit button only dissapears five min (?) after the post has been posted; outside of this, you need to plea to a moderator to change it for you.

(I wouldn't do it too often though...using :worthy: and similar may help)
Thanks Gadget, I needed to update the Going to Wellingborough message to say Sonia, who is a little star, is coming and couldn't find edit! That explains it

Sometimes when I'm at work I just quicky read, write and send and then find its total garbage after!
Is there a way I can save a message so I can decide later whether to post?
BW
D

Emma
30th-August-2004, 11:25 AM

Do it in Word first, then cut and paste :)

Gadget
30th-August-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks Gadget, I needed to update the Going to Wellingborough message to say Sonia, who is a little star, is coming and couldn't find edit! That explains it

Sometimes when I'm at work I just quicky read, write and send and then find its total garbage after!
BW
D
What I do is write them in an e-mail, then cut & paste into the reply box; the e-mail can be saved in your "drafts" folder.

Saving posts on-line so that you can access them from a different computer...You could do the same sort of thing: write a PM to yourself. Or if you use the first suggestion, just e-mail them to an account you can access from the other computer(s).

DianaS
30th-August-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks Gadget will give this a go!