PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Competition venue

Stuart M
9th-October-2002, 09:55 AM
Hi all,

can anyone on the Forum tell me about getting to/from the Competition venue from Edinburgh? Thinking of staying overnight in Edinburgh after the comp, and I was wondering whether there are any viable public transport options (I know - it's Britain - not holding my breath :what: ) or will it be taxis all round.

Cheers,

Bob
14th-October-2002, 11:38 PM
I've had a quick look around the newsgroup and similar to the question posted by Stuart M, I would also like to find out directions to the venue.

Are there directions to the venue available for download ? I'll (possibly) be able to find Musselburgh (!) but directions from the Forth Road Bridge would be better.

It would also be useful to know where it might be possible to park.

Less time on the road, more time on the dancefloor !

Thanks and regards,
Bob

:)

Stuart M
17th-October-2002, 08:36 AM
A longshot I suppose, but is anyone on the Forum from the Gorgie area going to the Comp?

If so and are interested in sharing transport to/from the Musselburgh venue, could they get in touch with me or Jayne? Thanks :)

CJ
17th-October-2002, 12:48 PM
Brunton Hall: very easy to find.

Mussleburgh is based on 1 main road: A199.

Brunton Hall is on a dog leg corner in this road.

Easiest way from Edin is to drive through Portobello and just keep going.

From the bridge:
Edin City Bypass (good luck)
A1 to Edin. (backward way of going but most simple)
1st roundabout: Asda, Big W: ignore.
2nd roundabout: turn right onto Milton Rd.
End of this road brings lights: turn right (which is kind of straight on)
Can NOT miss Brunton Hall.

If in doubt, follow all the other Cerocers on way: nicely dressed; confused/scared faces; front seat passenger navigating!!

Won't be there but I wish everyone who goes a great weekend: and good luck to competitors!!