PDA

View Full Version : Chesham tonight....????

Gordon J Pownall
9th-July-2004, 10:31 AM
Any forumites going to Chesham tonight...?

Sal and I will be there (I am teaching and Sal is DJing) - just thought it would be nice to see some familiar faces as we don't get over that way very often...

If you are, come and ask us for a dance (especially Sal as she tends to get stuck behind the decks.....)

See you later......

Gordy and Sal...x :hug:

Pammy
9th-July-2004, 11:39 AM
Any forumites going to Chesham tonight...?

Sal and I will be there (I am teaching and Sal is DJing) - just thought it would be nice to see some familiar faces as we don't get over that way very often...

If you are, come and ask us for a dance (especially Sal as she tends to get stuck behind the decks.....)

See you later......

Gordy and Sal...x :hug:

I was just about to ask if anyone is going, and indeed if anyone knows who is teaching there now Billco's not.

I think I'll probably make it along, so I would like to request a nice dance please :grin: .

I'll be the one taking up two places in the queue! :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
9th-July-2004, 01:01 PM
I was just about to ask if anyone is going, and indeed if anyone knows who is teaching there now Billco's not.

I think I'll probably make it along, so I would like to request a nice dance please :grin: .

I'll be the one taking up two places in the queue! :rofl:

I would love to, be honoured to and be proud to take your hand in the coming together of two individuals becoming as one to the resonant sounds of DJ Bunnie....

So yeah - love to have a boogie wid ya...!!!

I'll be the good looking blonde one (not taller than 5' 8") using the microphone early on during the evening... :wink:

Rachel
9th-July-2004, 01:44 PM
We're more than likely going, along with Marc's mother, provided she gets to ours in time. Look forward to seeing you both - and Sal - there!
Rachel

Pammy
9th-July-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok Rachel, you can point out everyone I don't know, unless I search them out first :whistle: . See you all later xxx

Rachel
9th-July-2004, 02:49 PM
Ok Rachel, you can point out everyone I don't know, unless I search them out first :whistle: . See you all later xxx Definitely! There are always some amazing guys to dance with at Chesham. Just don't expect me to remember anyone's name, cos I'm hopeless!
R. x

Peter
9th-July-2004, 03:01 PM
There are always some amazing guys to dance with at Chesham.

I know that Laurence is going tonight .. he usually wears one of those huge silk handkerchief thingys ... he is 3rd from the left in the second row from the back IN THIS PIC (http://www.cerocmetro.com/gallery/view_photo.php?id=urbanmetro1024)

Rachel
9th-July-2004, 03:15 PM
I know that Laurence is going tonight .. he usually wears one of those huge silk handkerchief thingys ... he is 3rd from the left in the second row from the back IN THIS PIC (http://www.cerocmetro.com/gallery/view_photo.php?id=urbanmetro1024) Oh yes, he is amazing! What about you, Peter? Will you be there?
R x

Peter
9th-July-2004, 03:23 PM
What about you, Peter? Will you be there? R x

No, sorry, I'm banned ... after dancing Sun afternoon/ Sun eve/Mon eve/Tues eve/Wed eve so far this week ..

Pammy
9th-July-2004, 04:07 PM
No, sorry, I'm banned ... after dancing Sun afternoon/ Sun eve/Mon eve/Tues eve/Wed eve so far this week ..

Never let a ban stop you :wink:

Not that I'm at all disobedient :whistle: :innocent:

Zebra Woman
9th-July-2004, 04:30 PM
I'll be there in something striped I suppose. I have worn Zebra stripes solidly since joining the forum, I even canter instead of running now!

Look forward to seeing Rachel, Pammy (I don't know you), Gordon, Sally, Marc, Laurence...anyone else?

Alison :flower:

Pammy
9th-July-2004, 04:39 PM
Look forward to seeing Rachel, Pammy (I don't know you), Gordon, Sally, Marc, Laurence...anyone else?

I'll have the big ape - Boomer with me :wink:

We may have onions for dinner though :tears: , so beware, I don't want to upset anyones gait! :wink:

I may wear my Pammy top to make it easy for you all :grin: or maybe I'll come in disguise :devil:

Gordon J Pownall
10th-July-2004, 11:06 PM
Just a thanks to everyone who came to Chesham last night...

It was great fun dancing with everyone (thanks Pammy...) and Sal played some amazing music...

I really enjoy teaching at Chesham because all the dancers are just 'so up for it', which basically means they will dance footwork moves, express the music, let their hair down and wiggle their hips on demand!!!!!

Must say tho....the Chesham crowd will dance to pretty much anything at all.....anything (except the Mavericks of course) and Sal (DJ Bunnie) played :-

Ballroom Cha Cha Cha :yum:
Barry Manilow - Copacabana :sick:
Englebert Humperdinck - Quando Quando Quando :really:

As well as loads of other great tracks...

Loadsaluv if you were there last night - absolutely stormin... :worthy: :flower: :worthy: :flower:

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:28 PM
Just a thanks to everyone who came to Chesham last night...

It was great fun dancing with everyone (thanks Pammy...) and Sal played some amazing music...

The music was 'different' I wouldn't call it 'amazing' ?

Intermediate was a nice class. Footwork and ceroc well if thats the way ceroc is going so be it (thats from old threads). I see so many beginners 'worrying' about their foot work, I think a sense of rhythm helps.

It was crowded, nice dancing with Pammy as always.

stew

Gordon J Pownall
11th-July-2004, 11:04 PM
The music was 'different' I wouldn't call it 'amazing' ?

Intermediate was a nice class. Footwork and ceroc well if thats the way ceroc is going so be it (thats from old threads). I see so many beginners 'worrying' about their foot work, I think a sense of rhythm helps.

It was crowded, nice dancing with Pammy as always.

stew

Thanks for the 'interesting' comments Stew.

Sal did play a fantastic set and knowing how good the dancers are at Chesham, tended to focus on music that the 'beginners' could dance well to, as well as having enough 'differentness' (is that a word..??) so that the more experienced dancers could play around and interpret..which loads were doing to almost every track...

A great noight of music - Sal sez thanks as well to everyone who made the effort to come up afterwards and say how much they enjoyed it... :hug: :kiss: :hug:

As for the footwork, it was in the intermediate class and a lot of people said they enjoyed being taught some simple footwork - great feedback - thanks...

I think people 'run scared' from footwork moves because...(like the catch 22 it is)..., Foot work isn't taught regularly (IMHO) so people don't know how to do it. :confused:

Because people don't know how to do it, it isn't danced. :eek:

It isn't danced and that's because it isn't taught..... :really:

In beginners classes we do not teach footwork moves although we do teach beginners (well I do), the basics of balance, stepping back, weight transfer, open steps etc...

Most beginners respond well to it and it does give a launch pad for more complex moves later on.

As the Oracle said (somewhere), MJ is taught back to front - we teach people moves first without teaching them to actually dance.

A strange and interesting world we live in....

Oh....all the above obviously IMHO... :wink:

DJBunnie
11th-July-2004, 11:18 PM
Just to say - had a great time ....thanks for making me so welcome.....will you have me back tho'??? :blush: :worthy:

Pammy
12th-July-2004, 09:19 AM
Thanks to Gordy for the great dance - can't remember what the song was, think it was swing, but it was certainly "up my street" :grin:

Stewart - thank you as well - good to see you.

Enjoyed very much the passo doble move - even gave it a go last night in Freestyle :grin:

Didn't see Zebra woman though??? :confused:

Rachel
12th-July-2004, 09:50 AM
Pammy - you were there??? Didn't see you all night! How did that happen? Mind you, we didn't manage to get there til 10 pm. ZW and I were wondering about you at the end of the night.

BTW - personally, I loved the music!!
Rachel

Emma
12th-July-2004, 10:04 AM
Enjoyed very much the passo doble move - even gave it a go last night in Freestyle :grin:
Hee, that sounds familiar...! :)

Pammy
12th-July-2004, 11:19 AM
Pammy - you were there???

I was :grin:

I saw Marc arrive late, but didn't see you and still have no idea who zebra woman is. I saw nobody in a zebra top, only one woman in a zebra skirt - was that her?

Pamster

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 11:23 AM
I was :grin:

I saw Marc arrive late, but didn't see you and still have no idea who zebra woman is. I saw nobody in a zebra top, only one woman in a zebra skirt - was that her?

Pamster

That was indeed our ZW.......bit like Charlies Angels this - who is Charlie....??? :really:

Zebra Woman
12th-July-2004, 11:30 AM
Just to say - had a great time ....thanks for making me so welcome.....will you have me back tho'??? :blush: :worthy:

I really enjoyed your set it was stimulating stuff, so yes please come back . :clap: :clap:

BTW I like Quando and don't mind admitting it.

One snag , it was so crowded Pammy didn't manage to spot my zebra skirt, and I didn't see a Pammy T shirt anywhere. :tears: We'll have to try again another night. :grin:

I have to say you have very tough competition. My friend and I drive a 100 mile round trip on Fridays for the music of Chesham's resident DJ Joe Smooth. He is a wonderful DJ, and well worth the drive. :worthy:

Alison :hug: :flower:

Pammy
12th-July-2004, 12:09 PM
Ah, no, I saw the skirt, but thought I was looking for a top. Didn't fancy the prospect of saying to some unsuspecting lass "are you zebrawoman?" - if not, it could've been rather embarasssing :blush:

Pamster

Zebra Woman
12th-July-2004, 12:55 PM
Ah, no, I saw the skirt, but thought I was looking for a top. Didn't fancy the prospect of saying to some unsuspecting lass "are you zebrawoman?" - if not, it could've been rather embarasssing :blush:

Pamster

Yeah, that's why I bought the Z skirt, so some unsuspecting lass wouldn't have the risk of that happening :blush: ....it's safe with me. :wink:

I've seen your picture on your profile, so next time I'll try and find you too.

stewart38
16th-July-2004, 12:51 AM
Yeah, that's why I bought the Z skirt, so some unsuspecting lass wouldn't have the risk of that happening :blush: ....it's safe with me. :wink:

I've seen your picture on your profile, so next time I'll try and find you too.

Did we dance at 5am in Southport ? :waycool:

under par
16th-July-2004, 01:03 AM

Well if you didn't Stewart I think I did at about 0445hours both nights :yeah:

Zebra Woman
16th-July-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi Stuart
Yes we had a lovely couple of dances in the blues room. :D
I think I saw you at Chesham last week, but I couldn't get across the room, sorry.

Miss Conduct and I are going to Chesham tonight, so if you're there you can dance with both of us ...... :flower:

Anybody else going?

Alison

stewart38
17th-July-2004, 10:41 AM
Thought the music was much better this week then last

Most people seem to agree

Zebra Woman
17th-July-2004, 11:06 AM
Thought the music was much better this week then last

Most people seem to agree

I wouldn't say much better, but yes the music was better for me than last week.

Joe Smooth's music is a big part of what makes Chesham a great venue. His music is consistently interesting and inspiring, I have never had a bad night there. I drive 100 mile round trip for his tunes, and I know I'm not alone.

Respect to Mr. Smooth :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

That said, DJ Bunnie please come back, you are my fave fill in DJ for when Joe is on hols :hug: :hug: :flower:

stewart38
18th-July-2004, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't say much better, but yes the music was better for me than last week.

yes sorry over statement again :blush:

Both sets were great just thought last fridays a little better

Pammy
19th-July-2004, 09:29 AM
Everytime I see this post I hear that awful advert "I feel like Chicken Tonight, Like Chicken Tonight", but the Chesham version - just needed to share that so you'll all suffer as well! I'm sure you'll all thank me :D

"I feel like Chesham Tonight, Like Chesham Tonight!" :D

Emma
19th-July-2004, 09:33 AM
.....funny I have the same problem with that 'Slotted Spoon' thread ;)

cerocmetro
22nd-July-2004, 11:00 AM
Speaking of Chesham tonight, anyone going this week? I will be teaching there and haven't taught there for a few years now.

Adam

stewart38
23rd-July-2004, 03:41 PM
Speaking of Chesham tonight, anyone going this week? I will be teaching there and haven't taught there for a few years now.

Adam

I think having diffferent teachers there each week is really working,although its getting very crowded

For a specific reason Ill miss it this week and try Ashtons but Im sure you will be very well supported

:grin:

Gordon J Pownall
23rd-July-2004, 03:53 PM
I think having diffferent teachers there each week is really working,although its getting very crowded

For a specific reason Ill miss it this week and try Ashtons but Im sure you will be very well supported

Whenever I've taught at Chesham, the crowd have been really welcoming, willing to try out more, let's say 'interesting stuff'. Perhaps this is because they don't get the same teacher every week and a change is as good as...etc. etc...

It is sometime challenging as a teacher as sometimes you don't know if your class is going to be too easy with the dancerws there or too tough or appeal to the majority. :sick: Watching the freestyle before the intermediate is always a good way of getting a snapshot though.

Music wise Sal (DJ Bunnie) got a fantastic reception when she covered for Joe Smooth :worthy: a couple a weeks ago and played a whole range of music from the well known and popular to the..."eh...what was that track - never heard it before but it was brilliant". The Chesham dancers are good value....they really seem to enjoy tracks they can play with, interpret and just generally muck around with. :waycool:

I genreally think the Chesham crowd are a great bunch :flower: , willing to go with the flow for the various teachers by invitation only I might add, not put off by tracks not heard before, willing to try out some obscure footwork pinched from ballroom and most of all,

UP FOR A BL*ODY GOOD NITE OUT AND WELCOMING TO NEW FACES

Of course for more of the same, and if Chesham is busy, come over to Ceroc Metro's Wolsey Hall for the Friday Jive In's. :cheers: :cheers:

First and third Friday of every month and at the moment, the class being taught (8.15pm) is the SLOW routine by the Urban Metro Krew - twice winning national champs (Ceroc and LERoc 2004).

If you've missed a couple, don't panic, we recap every week and will be doing a workshop later in the Autumn.

See you there...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
23rd-July-2004, 04:01 PM

Adam

Gordon J Pownall
23rd-July-2004, 04:04 PM
Whenever I've taught at Chesham, the crowd have been really welcoming, willing to try out more, let's say 'interesting stuff'. Perhaps this is because they don't get the same teacher every week and a change is as good as...etc. etc...

It is sometime challenging as a teacher as sometimes you don't know if your class is going to be too easy with the dancerws there or too tough or appeal to the majority. :sick: Watching the freestyle before the intermediate is always a good way of getting a snapshot though.

Music wise Sal (DJ Bunnie) got a fantastic reception when she covered for Joe Smooth :worthy: a couple a weeks ago and played a whole range of music from the well known and popular to the..."eh...what was that track - never heard it before but it was brilliant". The Chesham dancers are good value....they really seem to enjoy tracks they can play with, interpret and just generally muck around with. :waycool:

I genreally think the Chesham crowd are a great bunch :flower: , willing to go with the flow for the various teachers by invitation only I might add, not put off by tracks not heard before, willing to try out some obscure footwork pinched from ballroom and most of all,

UP FOR A BL*ODY GOOD NITE OUT AND WELCOMING TO NEW FACES

Of course for more of the same, and if Chesham is busy, come over to Ceroc Metro's Wolsey Hall for the Friday Jive In's. :cheers: :cheers:

First and third Friday of every month and at the moment, the class being taught (8.15pm) is the SLOW routine by the Urban Metro Krew - twice winning national champs (Ceroc and LERoc 2004).

If you've missed a couple, don't panic, we recap every week and will be doing a workshop later in the Autumn.

See you there...... :clap: :clap: :clap: