PDA

View Full Version : BFG Forum Awards

Forum Awards
7th-July-2004, 03:33 PM
Nice to see you, to see you......Nice!!

Time to vote for your favourites in the Award categories, as nominated by you.

The categories are as follows:

Most helpful poster
Best first 10 posts
Best Mediator
Biggest Deviant (for taking topics off-thread)

Most humorous poster (please submit examples)
The Forum ODA award
Most use of Innuendo (please submit examples)
The Forum Tart
Biggest ****-up (please submit actual post)

Best Signature
Best Avatar
Worst spelling/typist

The final category will be the Forum KING and QUEEN.

In each of the 13 categories, please submit a first, second and third. First place will get 4 points, second will get 2 points, third will get 1 point. The person scoring the most overall points will be declared the winner in that category.

PM your votes to me by the end of August.

Any queries, please post below. Remember, you have almost 2 months to decide who gets your vote!!

The awards will be handed out at an awards ceremony on the Saturday night of the BFG. As part of the awards ceremony, there will be a final category of Best Avatar Costume on the Night awarded to the male and female who turn up dressed as their avatar to the awards ceremony.

Andy McGregor
7th-July-2004, 03:59 PM
QUEEN

:innocent:

Gadget
7th-July-2004, 04:03 PM
Are you allowed to nominate yourself? {I wouldn't think so, but I can't think on three bad spellers excluding me :blush:}

Forum Awards
7th-July-2004, 04:36 PM
There is no reason why you cannot nominate yourself if you think that you are the person who most fits the category appropriately.

Bad spellers - Bill, Gadget, Gus. You're right. I can't think of more than 3 either!! :D (In no particular order. That's for you to decide!!)

Forum Awards
7th-July-2004, 04:41 PM
:innocent:
Anyone nominating Andy McGregor for the "Queen" award will be chained to him for the duration of the BFG....!!

Andy McGregor
7th-July-2004, 04:46 PM
Anyone nominating Andy McGregor for the "Queen" award will be chained to him for the duration of the BFG....!!

They'll all nominate me now :waycool:

CJ
7th-July-2004, 04:57 PM

Wasn't there a recent tv programme about that?!?

inktomi slurp
7th-July-2004, 06:10 PM
Shouldn't there be an award for best legs, too? :innocent:

Groovy Dancer
7th-July-2004, 07:09 PM
[night of the BFG. As part of the awards ceremony, there will be a final category of Best Avatar Costume on the Night awarded to the male and female who turn up dressed as their avatar to the awards ceremony.[/QUOTE]

:clap: :yeah: :rofl:

under par
8th-July-2004, 02:29 AM
Shouldn't there be an award for best legs, too? :innocent:

Yes, Inky but not for having the most legs! :wink: :whistle:

:worthy:

Gadget
8th-July-2004, 01:08 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the categories? Just thinking on who to nominate:

Best mediator - I can't really think on any discussions that needed mediating; there have only been a couple that went outside. I can think on many more antagonists than mediators.

Same with "Best ****-up" - I can only think on one true mistake anyone's made.

Sheepman
8th-July-2004, 03:24 PM
Bad spellers - Bill, Gadget, Gus. You're right. I can't think of more than 3 either!! :D (In no particular order. That's for you to decide!!) Anyone read a recent one of sars?

Re. the mediators, are we talking "official" mediators here, or just anyone who stepped in to calm down an argument?

Greg

Forum Awards
8th-July-2004, 03:54 PM
Anyone who has just stepped in to calm down an arguement....

Andy McGregor
8th-July-2004, 04:20 PM
Anyone who has just stepped in to calm down an argument....

How about someone who swoops in to correct someone's spelling?:innocent:

Gus
8th-July-2004, 04:49 PM
How about someone who swoops in to correct someone's spelling?:innocent:

So you are proposing Heather as a calming influence?

Forte
12th-July-2004, 12:30 PM
So you are proposing Heather as a calming influence?
You are a very, very brave man... :wink:

Forum Awards
12th-July-2004, 12:35 PM
Just had a PM asking what the "ODA" awards are:

ODA stands for "Official Devils Advocate". A position Gus frequently claims as his own - though, of course, you may have other thoughts about who is most deserving of the title.....

Gordon J Pownall
12th-July-2004, 12:37 PM
night of the BFG. As part of the awards ceremony, there will be a final category of Best Avatar Costume on the Night awarded to the male and female who turn up dressed as their avatar to the awards ceremony.

:clap: :yeah: :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I wanna see how cerocjock does this.,...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :what: :what:

TheTramp
12th-July-2004, 12:38 PM
You do?!?!?

Even the thought of it scares me!!

Trampy

Forte
12th-July-2004, 12:39 PM
Just had a PM asking what the "ODA" awards are:

ODA stands for "Official Devils Advocate". A position Gus frequently claims as his own - though, of course, you may have other thoughts about who is most deserving of the title.....

Thank you! :cheers:

CJ
12th-July-2004, 12:42 PM
:
I wanna see how cerocjock does this.,...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :what: :what:

I am SO on the case here!!!

(with a little help from a friend! :wink: )

Have even had a rehearsal wax!! NOT recommended!

Lory
12th-July-2004, 12:48 PM
(with a little help from a friend! :wink: )

:wink:

Forum Awards
22nd-July-2004, 11:42 AM

Most helpful poster
Best first 10 posts
Best Mediator

The Forum ODA award
The Forum Tart

Best Signature
Best Avatar
Worst spelling/typist

In each of the 13 categories, please submit a first, second and third. First place will get 4 points, second will get 2 points, third will get 1 point. The person scoring the most overall points will be declared the winner in that category.

Any queries, please post below. Remember, you have almost 2 months to decide who gets your vote!!

The awards will be handed out at an awards ceremony on the Saturday night of the BFG. As part of the awards ceremony, there will be a final category of Best Avatar Costume on the Night awarded to the male and female who turn up dressed as their avatar to the awards ceremony.
Just to remind everyone to keep thinking about this. You don't have to have posted in order to vote. Anyone who has been reading the forum is most welcome to vote. You don't even have to be coming to the BFG either.....

Lory
22nd-July-2004, 12:59 PM
Best first 10 posts

Excuse me being thick BUT do you mean, the individual person who's first 10posts were the best?(1 person)

10 different people, who first posts were very good?

or

10 different people who have done the 10 'best posts' ever? :confused: :)

Gadget
22nd-July-2004, 01:08 PM
I think it's "best entrance"; first ten posts by one particular forumite. (top three forumites actually)

...{and I still don't know who - like I can remember back that far :confused:... does anyone know of an easy way to search for this info?}

DavidY
22nd-July-2004, 01:40 PM
does anyone know of an easy way to search for this info?}If you know who you're looking for, you can do an Advanced Search for that user, select the option to show results as posts (not threads), and sort in Ascending order of post date.

If the above works then this is Gadget's first post ... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3877#post3877) :whistle:

There may be other better ways though.

Forum Awards
22nd-July-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes. The idea is to nominate the person who has made the biggest impact on joining the forum - ie. the person with the best first 10 posts.

As David has said, there is a search all posts option available for each poster, which you can sort by date (if it isn't already) to look at each persons first 10 posts (thank you David).

Incidentally, each person can vote for 3 people in each of 13 categories = 39 possible votes. If you wish to vote for less than your maximum possible (one person has cast 7 votes in total), can you please add a note at the end of your PM saying that you have deliberately not voted in all categories available, and that you didn't just miss one (or more) by mistake. Thank you.

Gadget
23rd-July-2004, 08:45 AM
If the above works then this is Gadget's first post ... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3877#post3877) :whistle:

{Just discovered this forum recently, so expect me to push my nose in now & again}
You can't say I didn't warn people...:innocent:

Andy McGregor
23rd-July-2004, 11:42 AM
You can't say I didn't warn people...:innocent:

But shouldn't you have said "again and again"?

..yeah I know, pot/kettle/black :blush:

Lory
25th-July-2004, 11:10 AM

Worst spelling/typist

Fantastic entry by Gus here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3364) :worthy: :D

Forum Awards
3rd-August-2004, 10:34 AM

Most helpful poster
Best first 10 posts
Best Mediator

The Forum ODA award
The Forum Tart

Best Signature
Best Avatar
Worst spelling/typist

Only received 1.1 votes so far (one full one, and one vote with most of the categories missing).

Less than a month to go now to vote. And only 7.5 weeks until the actual BFG :clap:

Sparkles
17th-August-2004, 11:05 AM
Only received 1.1 votes so far (one full one, and one vote with most of the categories missing).

Less than a month to go now to vote. And only 7.5 weeks until the actual BFG :clap:

Hey, maybe we should all get our thinking caps on and start voting then...? :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 11:24 AM
wheres the best new thread catagory ? best insult ?
most pedantic ? best use of asterisks ? best smurf ?

i wanna win summit :)

Brucie I can do a web form for you if you like if that will help voting ?

Stuart M
17th-August-2004, 12:04 PM
wheres the best new thread catagory ? best insult ?
most pedantic ? best use of asterisks ? best smurf ?

Where's, smuppet!

I want a 'Best attempt to win 2 awards in as many words' category :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 12:25 PM
:) subtle Stuart subtle - Ill need to find something to nominate you for :)

but whats a smuppet ? part smurf part muppet...

hmm Best NEW word winner too ? :)

Stuart M
17th-August-2004, 01:35 PM
:) subtle Stuart subtle - Ill need to find something to nominate you for :)

I'm relying on bad dress sense, idiosyncratic avatars and post #48284 to get me in among the medals.

However on the innuendo front, I'll NEVER beat 'Ayrshire pinks'... :rofl:

Sparkles
17th-August-2004, 02:18 PM
I can't find anything to be nominated for either. :sad: So much for me winning an award :tears:
Does this mean I'll have to try extra hard with my avatar costume: :wink:

Rhythm King
17th-August-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't find anything to be nominated for either. :sad: So much for me winning an award :tears:
Does this mean I'll have to try extra hard with my avatar costume: :wink:

'S funny - I'm just putting my nominations together and you're one of them :nice: .
Have several more people in mind, but haven't got a nomination for every category yet. It's actually quite hard work! :really:

R-K

Lory
17th-August-2004, 04:56 PM
'S funny - I'm just putting my nominations together and you're one of them :nice: .
Have several more people in mind, but haven't got a nomination for every category yet. It's actually quite hard work! :really:

R-KI did mine a while back :innocent: but I have to say, it WAS hard, especially finding examples :cool:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2004, 09:21 AM
I did mine a while back :innocent: but I have to say, it WAS hard, especially finding examples :cool:
to make this more popular - this thread should be sticky until the votes are in.....c'mon murderators :)

..so now i just need to vote. :)

Forte
18th-August-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm relying on bad dress sense, idiosyncratic avatars and post #48284 to get me in among the medals.

However on the innuendo front, I'll NEVER beat 'Ayrshire pinks'... :rofl:

GOOD dress sense, Toastie! Especially after that luvverly red shirt at the scottish comp :nice:

Ayrshire? who mentioned Ayrshire? I@m from Ayrshire (Do I get a prize for always being ten seconds behind everyone on this forum... :rofl: )

Stuart M
18th-August-2004, 01:00 PM
GOOD dress sense, Toastie! Especially after that luvverly red shirt at the scottish comp :nice:

Aye, well, you can thank a wee tailor in Bangkok and a very nice courier for that...

Ayrshire? who mentioned Ayrshire? I@m from Ayrshire (Do I get a prize for always being ten seconds behind everyone on this forum... :rofl: )
See this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=56864#post56864) post :grin:

PS nice to see you again Forte! I must get round to visiting that Perth class sometime.

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 02:40 PM
I must get round to visiting that Perth class sometime.Just don't go tomorrow, Stuart - as you'll be dancing on your own :wink: - or with the people who're attending the conference (or whatever) that's on in the venue :tears: :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-August-2004, 04:56 PM
The BFG is approaching fast
a social event for all those here,
snacks and tracks and men in blouses
too much dancing, too much beer

Its held in Perth
not the one in Oz
that would be too far to go,
but please do come along to the party
as Francks putting on one hell of a show

get your votes in, that would be nice
there needs to be a King and Queen,
a difficult choice but if unsure...
Andy McGregor twice?

:)

Dance Demon
19th-August-2004, 05:10 PM
Pam Ayres is alive and well, and living in Falkirk :whistle:

hey Smurfy,.....did you write the lyrics for that "Dry Your Eyes Mate" track.... :D

dannyboy
20th-August-2004, 11:14 AM
The BFG is approaching fast
:)
Don't give up the day job smurf :eek: scansion bit dodgy but good effort for a little fellow :wink:

Sheepman
26th-August-2004, 03:22 PM
Phew, I think I've finally got my votes sorted, but it is far too much like a real job trying to do it, especially when it comes to finding examples, (and still being on dial up). So if anyone wants some hints or ideas, I might be open to persuasion, but I'm not sure how ethical that would be.

Greg

Andy McGregor
26th-August-2004, 03:29 PM
.. but I'm not sure how ethical that would be.

Greg

Franck, FraNCK, FRANCK!

Someone on the Forum's pretending to have ethics :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
26th-August-2004, 03:32 PM
no no dont worry - he was merely wondering about ethics ("not sure") but, like the rest of us, he has no idea what they are :)

Anyone heard of morality ? Id like to try some

TheTramp
26th-August-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm trying to find someone who has some humility to spare... :whistle: :flower:

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
26th-August-2004, 04:00 PM
i think that comes from within and if you honestly look for it it could be argued that you clearly already have it :)

Stuart M
26th-August-2004, 04:04 PM
no no dont worry - he was merely wondering about ethics ("not sure") but, like the rest of us, he has no idea what they are :)

No, but if you or Sheepman want help with ethics, ask Chris Eubank and he'll give you directions.

Dreadful Scathe
26th-August-2004, 04:06 PM
No, but if you or Sheepman want help with ethics, ask Chris Eubank and he'll give you directions.
do you need an umbrella ? :)

Will
26th-August-2004, 04:10 PM

Now that is very funny :rofl:

Stuart M
26th-August-2004, 04:26 PM
do you need an umbrella ? :)
:D

My personal all-time favourite Top of the Pops moment:

It was the era of guest presenters. In the Top Ten, the former frontman of Madness, with his cover version of the Simon & Garfunkel classic Cecilia. At number 6, of course.

Some wicked spark in the TOTP production office realises who would be just perfect as guest presenter that week...credit to Eubank that he went along with it!
:grin:

Forum Awards
26th-August-2004, 04:27 PM

Most helpful poster
Best first 10 posts
Best Mediator

The Forum ODA award
The Forum Tart

Best Signature
Best Avatar
Worst spelling/typist

You don't have to have posted in order to vote. Anyone who has been reading the forum is most welcome to vote. You don't even have to be coming to the BFG either....

Please hurry up and get your votes in. Not long to go now until the BFG. There hasn't been many votes so far, so every vote will potentially count!!

Dreadful Scathe
26th-August-2004, 04:31 PM
why do we not have a form to fill out ? much easier :)

TheTramp
26th-August-2004, 04:32 PM
You fill out a form then DS. And then PM it to Forum Awards. See. How easy is that?? :D

Trampy

CJ
2nd-September-2004, 01:04 PM
When's the cut off point for submitting the form DS is about to create?!? :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-September-2004, 01:11 PM
er...ok Ill do that then will I...I reserve the right to add my own catagories :)
gimme a bit o'time...

Forum Awards
2nd-September-2004, 01:25 PM
It was originally asked for everyone to get their votes in by 1st September. However, many people haven't voted yet (and you all know that you want to).

Can you please get your votes in as soon as possible. PM them to me (forum awards).

Thanks

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-September-2004, 01:32 PM
pm me your email address mr.forum awards so i can create this form to make it easier - all filled forms go straight to you via email

Chicklet
2nd-September-2004, 01:53 PM
See this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=56864#post56864) post :grin:

Ah - the good ole days.

Really must buck up and fall in again, the level of innuendo has become painfully amateur of late.

Must be more alert and watch for DavidB and the more subtle line feed that I do so enjoy and that can often be found lurking beneath his most profound of posts, and is indeed, unbeknownst to the majority of dear readers, his true raison d'forum.

bibliography
"Internet Surfboard" thread

Gadget
2nd-September-2004, 02:57 PM
pm me your email address mr.forum awards so i can create this form to make it easier - all filled forms go straight to you via email
In the mean time...

(I was going to add a drop-down list of users and avatars, but even limiting it to those who've posted more than one post, it's 500. :sick: )

{edit: erm... were you going to add an e-mail link for automatic submission as well? Or code something?}

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-September-2004, 03:38 PM
Indeed I was...and here it is. Forum Voting Form (http://www.planetscathe.com/feedback.html)

It gets emailed direct to hi@cerocscotland.com in an appealing format and is easy for even the least technically minded i.e. type some names then press SEND VOTE.

And if you want to quote actual posts from the forum press CTRL and N at the same time in your browser to open an identical window, then click on the link above, then flick between windows (or use window drop down link in toolbar) so you can copy and paste from one to another. ..... or..er... don't, if you can't be bothered ... :)

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-September-2004, 04:11 PM
forum votes now get emailed direct to BRUCIE but everything is as before....i am assuming Franck will forward on any that were already sent....will ya Franck ?

Sheepman
2nd-September-2004, 05:59 PM
the level of innuendo has become painfully amateur of late. Maybe true, but don't forget the award is for "Most use of Innuendo", now if you apply that to a single post, I think Gordon must be up front, though I didn't understand a single thing he was saying about DC's pussy. :really:

Greg

Forte
3rd-September-2004, 04:41 PM
This voting malarkey is all too complicated for me :tears: :tears:

Forte
3rd-September-2004, 04:45 PM
But I did manage to fill out the form. I pressed send ...who knows who got it! But it's gone... :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-September-2004, 03:09 PM
Brucies wig came to me in a dream last night and said more people need to vote in the forum awards (i suppose it had to give its twopee* worth)

I have actually voted but i sent it to Franck - do i need to do it again ?

* geddit

Lindsay
7th-September-2004, 03:25 PM
Must be more alert and watch for DavidB and the more subtle line feed that I do so enjoy and that can often be found lurking beneath his most profound of posts, and is indeed, unbeknownst to the majority of dear readers, his true raison d'forum.

Yes I had noticed a slight bluntness in witicism of late darling.
Don't work so hard, & dance more.

TheTramp
7th-September-2004, 04:18 PM
more people need to vote in the forum awards

I have actually voted but i sent it to Franck - do i need to do it again ?
Probably.

Sending emails to Franck is sometimes the equivalent of posting them into a black hole :)

(Especially since he's not very well at the moment :hug: )

Trampy

Forte
17th-September-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey chicklet! I see that! You have changed your avatar from a little tweetie bird to a blue dress that you undoubtedly plan to wear to the BFG. I call that cheating!! Now it won't be hard for you to dress as your avatAR! (nOW WHY DIDN'T i THINK OF THAT...i AM ON THE CASE! i@M POSTING A PIC OF MYSELF! (oOPS caps lock going haywire again...)

MartinHarper
1st-October-2004, 02:52 PM
Who won?

Lory
1st-October-2004, 02:56 PM
Who won?Trampy posted them here! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3774) 3rd post down :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-September-2005, 09:41 AM
:ROLLEYES:

These are our awards catagories.

1 Best Use of Innuendo (28)
2 Most Humorous (26)
3 Most helpful poster (25)
4 Best thread (23)
5 Biggest Hijacker (22)
6= Most thought-provoking post/poster (21)
Best Avatar (21)
Best Tag Line / Signature (21)
7 Forum Star (biggest impact in a short time) (20)
8= Most Pedantic (17)
Spurtle Award (stirrer of debate) (17)
Special Award (17)

Catagories we need nominations for are highlighted in red. It only takes a few of you to make nominations to make these catagories less confusing to vote for. Do it quickly if you want to suggest people,as we want maximum time for the actual voting.

All the active members will receive a PM to prompt them to vote in the Forum Awards - probably next week-ish.