PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to the BFG?

Lory
5th-July-2004, 05:09 PM
It's a public poll so we can see who's going and who's not! :nice:

For information on the BFG, you can download the PDF leaflet

Lounge Lizard
5th-July-2004, 05:19 PM
Wanted to go and was going to do the BFG awards....but already had a booking for the same date, so I wont be going
LL

cerocmetro
5th-July-2004, 05:23 PM

That's two confirmed already, hope it will be an even balance men to ladies :rofl: :rofl:

If there are no men Lory and I know you are one of the ladies, I don't have peanut butter but you still owe me some melted chocolate and I still have your hotel key :drool: :whistle:

Adam

Lory
5th-July-2004, 05:27 PM
If there are no men Lory and I know you are one of the ladies, I don't have peanut butter but you still owe me some melted chocolate and I still have your hotel key :drool: :whistle:

Adam
Does that mean your going then? :wink: :rofl:

cerocmetro
5th-July-2004, 05:40 PM
Does that mean your going then? :wink: :rofl:

There is a good chance I could make it up for the saturday night. :D :yum:

Adam

Dance Demon
5th-July-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm going.....not sure how many nights, but definately Sunday night, coz I'm DJing the Sunday night Chillout session....and I promise to play Oh lori and Sweet Lorraine just for you Lory :flower:

Lory
5th-July-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm going.....not sure how many nights, but definately Sunday night, coz I'm DJing the Sunday night Chillout session....and I promise to play Oh lori and Sweet Lorraine just for you Lory :flower:
ARRGGGGHHHHHHH! :angry: I'm flying home on Sunday afternoon! :tears: :tears: :tears:

But thankyou anyway! :flower: :hug:

Lynn
5th-July-2004, 06:50 PM
Currently planning on going, no flights booked yet though.

Andy McGregor
5th-July-2004, 07:00 PM
Currently planning on going, no flights booked yet though.

Same here. I've got to go now I'm fighting Gadget :what:

..err, I've never met Gadget. How much bigger than me is he? :tears:

Tiggerbabe
5th-July-2004, 07:28 PM
..err, I've never met Gadget. How much bigger than me is he? :tears:
Couldn't possibly tell Andy, :wink: but he's about 6ft tall :whistle:

Minnie M
5th-July-2004, 07:46 PM
Could some one please tell the BFG date are again - I know it is either the week before or after the Southport weekender or very near to it - :tears:

ta eva so :cheers:

Franck
5th-July-2004, 08:19 PM
The BFG is taking place the last week-end in September Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th with parties, masterclasses, workshops etc... and of course the BFG Awards ceremony and the chance to meet and dance with 100s of forumites... Altogether 15 hours of Freestyle dancing, 12 hours of workshops and a great week-end in one of the most beautiful cities in Scotland (gateway to the Highlands).

Friday and Sunday Party £7.00 each
Saturday night event: £10.00
Saturday and Sunday's selection of masterclasses £10.00 each.

Total cost £44.00 but if booked via the Forum, and as a Special Offer to all Forum members, you get a 25% Discount, so the full week-end is £33.00 when booked online (subject to availability as the Friday / Sunday parties and the masterclasses will be limited in number / balance of men and women).

The programme of Masterclasses (on the Saturday and the Sunday) will focus on showcasing Scottish teachers and the programme will be available shortly.

Minnie M
5th-July-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks Franck :kiss: - wow, that IS good value for money :hug: is there a booking link on the forum ?

Franck
5th-July-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks Franck :kiss: - wow, that IS good value for money :hug: is there a booking link on the forum ?
no booking link yet, but there will be very soon, it will be similar to the premium members subscription. You'll be able to use your credit / debit card via Paypal.

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 12:08 AM
Couldn't possibly tell Andy, :wink: but he's about 6ft tall :whistle:

Sounds a pushover :eek:

DavidY
6th-July-2004, 07:36 AM
no booking link yet, but there will be very soon, it will be similar to the premium members subscription. You'll be able to use your credit / debit card via Paypal.Franck,

Will there be another way for forum folk to pay if we aren't Paypal-enabled? I'm slightly reluctant to give yet another company my credit/debit card details. :sad:

Franck
6th-July-2004, 09:33 AM
Will there be another way for forum folk to pay if we aren't Paypal-enabled? I'm slightly reluctant to give yet another company my credit/debit card details. :sad:Well that's the convenient way, but of course, we'll find a way :nice:

Pammy
6th-July-2004, 10:04 AM
We are currently trying to work out if we can afford it and the best way of doing it.

A girl here says the best way is to get a cheap (£50) flight to Prestwick and to get the train from there to Glasgow (£4 each way), then a train from Glasgow to Perth.

Does anyone know how much that Perth train costs. Is the venue close to the station in Perth, or does anyone know a better way of doing it from London.

Pamster
x

Flash
6th-July-2004, 10:20 AM
Franck,

Will there be another way for forum folk to pay if we aren't Paypal-enabled? I'm slightly reluctant to give yet another company my credit/debit card details. :sad:

I have a paypal account so I will be able to do a paypal to paypal transfer. Once you set up a paypal account you will never need to enter your CC details again when you pay using PP. A lot of companies do use Paypal and it is worthwhile setting up an account. IMHO!! Ebay, Vegas, Franck!!

Franck
6th-July-2004, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know how much that Perth train costs. Is the venue close to the station in Perth, or does anyone know a better way of doing it from London.xI have checked the wonderful (though very slow) train information website: http://www.thetrainline.com/ who give you prices / timetables for any train journey in the UK. The price was £17.50 for a return ticket from Glasgow to Perth :D

Anyone coming up might be well advised to make a provisional booking at the Travelodge ( http://www.travelodge.co.uk ) as up to 3 people can share a room for £50 or the Holiday Inn Express: 200 Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond PERTH, PH1 3AQ - Freephone: 0800 40 50 60 Tel: 44-1738-636666
The Salutation Hotel http://www.strathmorehotels.com/salu_site/welcome.htm (our regular Thursday venue is also very convenient for the full event (2 minutes walk from the Friday / Sunday venue) but slightly more expensive (though they do special offers - currently £105.00 per person for 3 nights dinner bed & Breakfast - which is pretty good value and very convenient)

Perth is closer to Edinburgh Airport if you're hiring a car and you might be able to arrange lifts with other forumites.

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 10:50 AM
We are currently trying to work out if we can afford it and the best way of doing it.

I remember The Tramp mentioned the train was a stylish and inexpensive way to get to Scotland. And it usually gets you nearer to your destination. I found this (http://www.thegumtree.com/cgi-bin/frame.pl?content_url=http%3A//www.thegumtree.com/london/180_1.html) interesting site selling tickets cheaply (although it could be contrary to the terms and conditions on the ticket - if you read them:wink).

I found out how much it would be to take the return train from Shoreham to Perth. Anything from £108 for a 2nd Class Off-Peak with restrictions to a whopping £670 for a First Class Open Return. How annoyed would be be if you couldn't get a seat or had to share your First Class carriage with a load of drunken football supporters:wink:

If there's enough of us Southern 'sters going why don't we get together and drive up? If there's loads of us we could even get a coach/minibus/etc which would be more of an adventure - and no, I'm not going to be bullied into doing the whole journey dressed as a woman again (maybe just part of it:devil: )

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 10:56 AM

A girl here says the best way is to get a cheap (£50) flight to Prestwick and to get the train from there to Glasgow (£4 each way), then a train from Glasgow to Perth.

Does anyone know how much that Perth train costs. Is the venue close to the station in Perth, or does anyone know a better way of doing it from London.
Ummm. You can get a train straight through from London to Perth. Takes about 6-6.5 hours - but it'll take you at least that to do the journey you're suggesting - and you won't have to do all the changing and messing around.

Had a look at the train times - Leave at 10:30 on Friday, arrive at 17:09, with one change. Going back at 9:56 on Monday, arriving at 15:59, with no changes. Assuming you're coming for the whole weekend that is :D

When I've got trains through to London, buying my ticket well in advance, I've paid about £45 for a return. According to railtrack, the cheapest tickets to Perth are £90. But it might be worth querying that with a phonecall.

The venue is close to the train station. Perth isn't that big!!

Trampy

Franck
6th-July-2004, 11:15 AM
When I've got trains through to London, buying my ticket well in advance, I've paid about £45 for a return. According to railtrack, the cheapest tickets to Perth are £90. But it might be worth querying that with a phonecall.Interesting, going by the trainline.com website, the cheapest return ticket (London to Perth) was £28.00 :eek:

Might be worth a click as it is incredible value!

Select outward journey time: Friday 24 September 2004
Select return journey time: Monday 27 September 2004

LONDON to PERTH

STANDARD CLASS OFF PEAK 1 RTN 28.00

STANDARD CLASS OFF PEAK 2 RTN 43.00

APEX RETURN 61.00

APEX RETURN 65.00

:clap:

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 11:30 AM
There you go. I went to the official website.

Thought that they looked expensive on there :D

Trampy

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 11:45 AM
Select outward journey time: Friday 24 September 2004
Select return journey time: Monday 27 September 2004

Franck, please can you give us the link. The cheapest price I could find here (http://www.thetrainline.com/) was £54 each way!

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 11:47 AM
Ummm. He did. But not as a link. Just the website address....

However, for those too lazy to type..... :whistle:

www.thetrainline.com

Trampy

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 11:51 AM
Just had a look at the trainline.com site.

Unfortunately, it appears that all the £28 tickets are gone. All that's left are the same ones on the main railtrack site @ £90.

Still might be worth calling the train booking office directly though...

Trampy

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 11:52 AM
Ummm. He did. But not as a link. Just the website address....

However, for those too lazy to type..... :whistle:

www.thetrainline.com

Trampy

Yep, that's the one I went to. Must be the way Franck typed it in :innocent:

Or maybe a Perth-London return is cheaper than a London-Perth return:confused:

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 11:56 AM
Nah. They say that there are tickets available for £28..... and other prices up to £90

However, I tried booking tickets at the maximum length of time possible (3 months - ie. 5th October, coming back on the 6th October). And the cheapest tickets were still £90.

Makes you wonder how you actually get the £28 (or other cheap) tickets, doesn't it (unless of course, lots of people logged on really early this morning, and booked them all up!).

If those tickets are never available, why do they list them on the website at all??

Trampy

Sheepman
6th-July-2004, 12:03 PM
The Salutation Hotel http://www.strathmorehotels.com/salu_site/welcome.htm . . . (though they do special offers - currently £105.00 per person for 3 nights dinner bed & Breakfast Correction?
The only deal I can get at this price is B&B only. The dinner is an extra £30, which still seems like a good deal to me, but will the hotel dining times fit in with the other festivities, or will I be trying to dance on a bloated belly? :sick:
I can't see any restaurant opening times on the website, can anyone recommend the food? The sample menu looks :drool:

Greg

Divissima
6th-July-2004, 12:07 PM
I have checked the wonderful (though very slow) train information website: http://www.thetrainline.com/ who give you prices / timetables for any train journey in the UK. The price was £17.50 for a return ticket from Glasgow to Perth :D

Anyone coming up might be well advised to make a provisional booking at the Travelodge ( http://www.travelodge.co.uk ) as up to 3 people can share a room for £50 or the Holiday Inn Express: 200 Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond PERTH, PH1 3AQ - Freephone: 0800 40 50 60 Tel: 44-1738-636666
The Salutation Hotel http://www.strathmorehotels.com/salu_site/welcome.htm (our regular Thursday venue is also very convenient for the full event (2 minutes walk from the Friday / Sunday venue) but slightly more expensive (though they do special offers - currently £105.00 per person for 3 nights dinner bed & Breakfast - which is pretty good value and very convenient)

Perth is closer to Edinburgh Airport if you're hiring a car and you might be able to arrange lifts with other forumites.Can you put up the address of the Travelodge (or its title - some cities have more than one) and can you say which of the hotels is the nearest to the venue.

I will intend to book a room this week - although it is just me coming (TwK can't make it :tears: ... but :devil: does mean I get to play with all the other fab forum boys :clap: and ladies :hug: ).

Divissima
6th-July-2004, 12:14 PM
I would consider sharing a room with another single Forum lady - please PM me if interested...

Lory
6th-July-2004, 12:16 PM
Can you put up the address of the Travelodge (or its title - some cities have more than one) and can you say which of the hotels is the nearest to the venue.

Perth Broxten Junction travelodge! (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/travelodge/location.php?hotel_id=250) :hug:

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 12:20 PM
I would consider sharing a room with another single Forum lady - please PM me if interested...

:innocent: :devil:

Sheepman
6th-July-2004, 12:33 PM
Another question about the Salutation Hotel and area that isn't answered on the website, what's the car parking like?

If anyone tries to book the 3 day package online, take care to check the details that come up on the confirmation screen - it doesn't look like their booking system works too well, I think I'll do it by phone - 01738 633598.

Greg

Franck
6th-July-2004, 12:35 PM
Correction?
The only deal I can get at this price is B&B only. The dinner is an extra £30, which still seems like a good deal to me, but will the hotel dining times fit in with the other festivities, or will I be trying to dance on a bloated belly? :sick: Sorry, I meant they currently have that deal for July (no special offers as far as September) and is called the Summer Sizzler (also includes an excursion to Blair Castle :D
I will be talking to the managers on Thursday and check if I can get a similar deal for that week-end.

The food there is great, I often catch a quick bite before the classes on Thursdays, though having said that, there are a lot of fab eateries in the centre of Perth, so you'd be spoilt for choice...

The Travelodge is at the Broxden Junction (outside Perth but they have a free park and ride service at week-ends to the city centre). As most forumites will be staying there, I expect lifts will be forthcoming for the workshops etc...

Franck
6th-July-2004, 12:37 PM
Another question about the Salutation Hotel and area that isn't answered on the website, what's the car parking like?The Salutation hotel doesn't have any carpark, but is round the corner from 3 public carparks so should be easy enough.

Petal
6th-July-2004, 12:51 PM
Ummm. . Perth isn't that big!!

Trampy
Maybe not the biggest city, but its the gateway to the highlands and lovely place to live. You only have to come to the Perth class to see how friendly the locals are.

I can't wait for the BFG, planning to go to all the parties and as many classes as i have energy for.

Sheepman
6th-July-2004, 01:00 PM
I will be talking to the managers on Thursday and check if I can get a similar deal for that week-end. Thanks Franck, I'll hold on till Friday then.

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 01:48 PM
Maybe you can get a better deal if it doesn't have to include an excursion to Blair Castle??

And it's the end of September, so not such a touristy time of year!! :D

Trampy

Pammy
8th-July-2004, 03:41 PM
If anyone locates cheaper trains, let me know.

At the moment, it's too expensive for me :-(

Will be at BB in November though, that seems easier to get to :clap:

DavidY
9th-July-2004, 12:49 PM
At the moment, it's too expensive for me :-(I'll probably be driving and maybe stopping off to see people on the way - but I'm a wee bit further North than you.

But what about Andy's idea of sharing a coach/ minibus? Or Franck's suggestion of flying to Edinburgh and hiring a car? Are they too impractical/ too expensive?

CJ
9th-July-2004, 01:40 PM
:eek: :eek:

Say it aint so!!

The Hollow tree will be empty, never mind hollow... :tears: :tears:

Pammy
9th-July-2004, 02:03 PM
But what about Andy's idea of sharing a coach/ minibus? Or Franck's suggestion of flying to Edinburgh and hiring a car? Are they too impractical/ too expensive?

Well, I will probably only come up once between now and Xmas (due to financial reasons). Last year we were able to fly to Aberdeen for about 60 return to Heathrow, which is easy to get to, then it was just a cab and accommodation, so all in all it cost about £110 for the weekend.

If we go to the BFG, it is looking like it will cost much more and will involve a lot more in getting there than jumping on a plane and getting off it an hour later (which was nice :grin: ) If anyone does find a better way of doing it, then I'll come :cheers: but otherwise I'll be doing BB again.

Sometimes, when you're pushed for cash, you have to make sacrifices and this may be one such time :tears:

Pamster
x

Gadget
9th-July-2004, 02:37 PM
...but otherwise I'll be doing BB again.
:clap:

Sparkles
11th-July-2004, 01:48 PM
Foxy and I will be coming up :clap: and we're really looking forward to it - hope I haven't put too many of you fabulous Scottish dancers off and that you might dance with me again at the BFG? :flower:
Now all I have to do is find an outfit to match my avatar...
... more shopping :sigh: (the things I have to go through for Ceroc :wink: )

Sparkles
11th-July-2004, 01:52 PM
Franck, was there any more news on whether or not you could get a special deal for people who want to stay over...?

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:05 PM
If there's enough of us Southern 'sters going why don't we get together and drive up? If there's loads of us we could even get a coach/minibus/etc which would be more of an adventure - and no, I'm not going to be bullied into doing the whole journey dressed as a woman again (maybe just part of it:devil: )

Any southerns consider this ?

Its a pity its a week after southport. I'm starting a new job and its getting the time off for all these social events

Franck
22nd-July-2004, 03:43 PM
Franck, was there any more news on whether or not you could get a special deal for people who want to stay over...?Ok, things are taking shape a bit more.

I have discussed deals with the Salutation hotel, and they can offer the following:

£35.00 per person per night (Bed & Breakfast)
or £90.00 per person for the complete week-end (Friday / Saturday and Sunday). You can book directly with the Salutation hotel.

To summarize accommodation:

The Cheapest deal is the Travelodge ( http://www.travelodge.co.uk ) as up to 3 people can share a room for £50 or the Holiday Inn Express: 200 Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond PERTH, PH1 3AQ - Freephone: 0800 40 50 60 Tel: 44-1738-636666
The Salutation Hotel http://www.strathmorehotels.com/salu_site/welcome.htm (2 minutes walk from the Friday / Sunday venue), is fairly affordable if you want breakfast and a more convenient location.

Booking for the BFG is now available online for Forum members, just Click on the subscription page from your user panel or follow this link. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php?)

Franck
22nd-July-2004, 04:01 PM
The full programme and booking instructions are now available from the main Ceroc Scotland Website! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)

Lory
22nd-July-2004, 04:18 PM
From the website 11.00am to 12.30pm: Moving feet with your hands
I think I read that slightly too literally at first glance, I imagined having to bend over and hold my feet for the whole lesson!! :what: :rofl:

Franck
22nd-July-2004, 04:26 PM
I imagined having to bend over and hold my feet for the whole lesson!! :what: :rofl:hehe... hold that thought Lory :wink:

The idea of the 'Moving feet with your hands' workshop was inspired by one of the recent thread on footwork... It will be about building a frame, and using various leading / following techniques to be able to lead flawlessly some of the walks / footwork patterns...

angelique
22nd-July-2004, 05:56 PM

Since when did dancing involve melted chocolate and hotel keys??? :confused:
Call me stupid, call me naive but call me Angelique! :clap:
Whenever you've danced with me either of you there's NEVER been any chocolate, keys, latex or whips. WHY??? :angry:

:rofl: :rofl:
PLEASE DO SO FROM NOW ON!!! :kiss: wink:

DavidY
22nd-July-2004, 06:34 PM
Ok, things are taking shape a bit more.

I have discussed deals with the Salutation hotel, and they can offer the following:

£35.00 per person per night (Bed & Breakfast)
or £90.00 per person for the complete week-end (Friday / Saturday and Sunday). You can book directly with the Salutation hotel.

To summarize accommodation:

The Cheapest deal is the Travelodge ( http://www.travelodge.co.uk ) as up to 3 people can share a room for £50 or the Holiday Inn Express: 200 Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond PERTH, PH1 3AQ - Freephone: 0800 40 50 60 Tel: 44-1738-636666
The Salutation Hotel http://www.strathmorehotels.com/salu_site/welcome.htm (2 minutes walk from the Friday / Sunday venue), is fairly affordable if you want breakfast and a more convenient location.

Booking for the BFG is now available online for Forum members, just Click on the subscription page from your user panel or follow this link. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php?)Franck,

Thanks for setting that up. Does the Salutation rate apply to single rooms or is it based on people sharing a double/twin room?

I've already booked somewhere else (more expensive :tears: ) -but I guess others may find this helpful if they are coming up alone.

David

Franck
23rd-July-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks for setting that up. Does the Salutation rate apply to single rooms or is it based on people sharing a double/twin room?I believe the Salutation hotel has a limited number of single rooms available (at the above rate) but it will be on a first come first served basis :nice:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-July-2004, 01:14 AM
Franck,
I've already booked somewhere else (more expensive :tears: ) -but I guess others may find this helpful if they are coming up alone.

I'd imagine that as you've booked so far in advance David that you will be able to cancel and can then book into the Salutation (I'm guessing there's gonna be a party or two :wink: )

Bardsey
23rd-July-2004, 11:42 AM
If we go to the BFG, it is looking like it will cost much more and will involve a lot more in getting there than jumping on a plane and getting off it an hour later (which was nice :grin: ) If anyone does find a better way of doing it, then I'll come :cheers: but otherwise I'll be doing BB again.

Pamster
x

There's always my offer to come up to us and then be driven up in my car.

When's the BB in November? Hope it doesn't clash with our Cruise!

Franck
26th-July-2004, 03:53 PM
When's the BB in November? Hope it doesn't clash with our Cruise!The BB in November is the Beach Ballroom week-end, always a great week-end in one of our best venues in Scotland... It's also my birthday party usually, so loads of surprises are planned... :waycool:

Getting back to the BFG, I have updated (and will keep adding details as they become available) the BFG Webpage! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)

The nearest airport is Edinburgh, but flights to Glasgow or Dundee are also suitable. There are many rail / bus links between the main cities and you can use the TravelineScotland website (http://www.travelinescotland.com/cgi-bin/jpclient.exe?newQuery=newQuery) to help you plan your route. There is an Express Shuttle bus from Edinburgh airport to Edinburgh bus / train stations (return ticket is only £5.00), more information on the FlybyBus website (http://www.flybybus.com/) Perth is only 45 minutes drive from Edinburgh airport and it might make sense for a a small group to hire a car from Edinburgh Airport, for the best prices, visit the HolidayAutos Website (http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/)

Sparkles
26th-July-2004, 04:03 PM
The BB in November is the Beach Ballroom week-end, always a great week-end in one of our best venues in Scotland... It's also my birthday party usually, so loads of surprises are planned... :waycool:

But Franck, you still didn't say when the BB is...
you'll have to let me know if I'm to book a train up to celebrate your Birthday with you :wink:

Franck
26th-July-2004, 04:38 PM
But Franck, you still didn't say when the BB is...
you'll have to let me know if I'm to book a train up to celebrate your Birthday with you :wink:woohoo :nice: :waycool:

The November Beach Ballroom is on Saturday / Sunday 20th / 21st November... Another date for everyone's diaries. I have added it to the Calendar...

Unfortunately, this year the Beach Ballroom week-end is clashing with the Jivemasters Final :sad:
I really wish I could be at both, but will definitely be in Aberdeen :nice:

I'll see if we can arrange some sort of link with Walthamstow so we can cheer for all the Scottish competitors :clap:

Gadget
26th-July-2004, 05:59 PM
I'll see if we can arrange some sort of link with Walthamstow so we can cheer for all the Scottish competitors :clap:
...hmmm... web cam, projector, screen - same at other end, only problem is the web feed: it would be expensive over a mobile.

I'll PM you a company in Aberdeen who do this sort of stuff for a living if you want?

Tiggerbabe
2nd-August-2004, 08:55 AM
[panic mode] Avatar costume :gulp: [/panic mode] :blush: :blush:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-August-2004, 11:52 AM
can i do your makeup ? :)

..marker pens at the ready....

Bardsey
2nd-August-2004, 11:53 AM
[panic mode] Avatar costume :gulp: [/panic mode] :blush: :blush:

Me too! How on earth do I make big pink wings and more to the point, dance with them attached to my back :confused: :rofl:

Lory
2nd-August-2004, 12:09 PM
Me too! How on earth do I make big pink wings and more to the point, dance with them attached to my back :confused: :rofl:
I can't wait to see Adam trying to dance in a pair of Ducks feet! :rofl:

Rachel
2nd-August-2004, 01:43 PM
I can't wait to see Adam trying to dance in a pair of Ducks feet! :rofl: Me too! Although he could always cheat a little - I have video footage of me trying to dance in a hired (non-dance) hall which was so slippery that dance shoes were impossible. As were bare feet. So I searched around in the venue's kitchen and managed to steal a pair of yellow marigolds which I stuck on my feet. And, actually, they worked quite well ...

Anyway, it's alright for you, Lory - you look like your avatar, so that's easy. You can just sit back and laugh at everyone else! What am I going to do???
R x

under par
2nd-August-2004, 01:53 PM
Me too! Although he could always cheat a little - I have video footage of me trying to dance in a hired (non-dance) hall which was so slippery that dance shoes were impossible. As were bare feet. So I searched around in the venue's kitchen and managed to steal a pair of yellow marigolds which I stuck on my feet. And, actually, they worked quite well ...

R x

got any photographic evidence of the marigold episode??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Rachel
2nd-August-2004, 01:57 PM
got any photographic evidence of the marigold episode??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hug: Oh well, you know, it so unfortunate but I just don't have the technical expertise to transfer stills from the camcorder - besides which, I don't own a computer of my own .... Shame, huh!!
Rachel

DavidY
2nd-August-2004, 01:59 PM
Anyway, it's alright for you, Lory - you look like your avatar, so that's easy. You can just sit back and laugh at everyone else! What am I going to do???
R xI was wondering the same myself, as I'm also avatar-less.

Or maybe it's just that my avatar is invisible? :wink: I don't suppose we can buy Cloaks of Invisibility at popular dancewear outlets?

TheTramp
2nd-August-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh well, you know, it so unfortunate but I just don't have the technical expertise to transfer stills from the camcorder - besides which, I don't own a computer of my own .... Shame, huh!!
That's okie Rachel. I do. Just bring your camcorder next time I see you!! :D

Oh. And go find yourself an avatar (that goes for you too David!!)

Trampy

Lory
2nd-August-2004, 02:09 PM
I searched around in the venue's kitchen and managed to steal a pair of yellow marigolds which I stuck on my feet. And, actually, they worked quite well ...
:rofl: Brilliant!

under par
2nd-August-2004, 02:59 PM
Oh well, you know, it so unfortunate but I just don't have the technical expertise to transfer stills from the camcorder - besides which, I don't own a computer of my own .... Shame, huh!!
Rachel

Take up Trampys offer and who knows Rachel could have the MARIGOLD avatar to die for!!!! :hug: :rofl: :yeah: :wink:

Sparkles
3rd-August-2004, 01:22 PM
Take up Trampys offer and who knows Rachel could have the MARIGOLD avatar to die for!!!! :hug: :rofl: :yeah: :wink:

Lory, are you bringing Holly to the BFG with you?

Lory
3rd-August-2004, 01:29 PM
Lory, are you bringing Holly to the BFG with you?No, afraid not, she'll be back doing A' levels then, she'll also still be 17 and Franck doesn't allow minors! :o (not having a dig Franck, just stating a fact :hug: )

dannyboy
3rd-August-2004, 07:50 PM
I have a paypal account so I will be able to do a paypal to paypal transfer. Once you set up a paypal account you will never need to enter your CC details again when you pay using PP. A lot of companies do use Paypal and it is worthwhile setting up an account. IMHO!! Ebay, Vegas, Franck!!
Don't talk to me about payPal :angry: and EBay :angry: :angry:

skippy
3rd-August-2004, 10:57 PM
HI Franck
How can I book this ?
I'm still getting confused with the forum.
thanks
Skippy

Tiggerbabe
4th-August-2004, 01:54 AM
Skippy, go to your user cp (that's in the top left hand bar ) - then go to paid subscriptions - the BFG package is (I think) the third one down. If you have a paypal account then just click on "order".

Alternatively you can e-mail Franck with your details (but remember he's on holiday until Monday 16th August) or phone him when he gets back.

Hope this helps :flower: and see you there :waycool:

Emma
4th-August-2004, 09:16 AM
Don't talk to me about payPal :angry: and EBay :angry: :angry:OK :wink: :flower:

dannyboy
4th-August-2004, 10:59 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-August-2004, 01:04 PM
aren't ebay and paypal wonderful! Do you all concur ?

:)

Andy McGregor
4th-August-2004, 01:36 PM

I've never had a problem - but I do have a rating of only 26 on ebay. I've heard that people have had problems with international transactions so I've always stuck to UK transactions.

Gordon J Pownall
4th-August-2004, 02:57 PM
I've never had a problem - but I do have a rating of only 26 on ebay. I've heard that people have had problems with international transactions so I've always stuck to UK transactions.

As with Andy, stick to the UK - go overseas and it can all get a bit pear shaped......

Sparkles
4th-August-2004, 03:54 PM
As with Andy, stick to the UK - go overseas and it can all get a bit pear shaped......

Anyway...
I can't wait to see your 'avatar outfit' at the BFG Gordon... :drool: :wink:

Bardsey
4th-August-2004, 04:00 PM
Has Franck posted yet about the ins and outs of the BFG? If so, can you point me in the right direction. I want to know what the workshops are etc, if you can book separately for things (doubt if we'll stay for the Sunday night), how much is it for partners who are non-forumites and is it open to others who are not forumites? A Scottish guy, crews in Leeds and lived here for 30 years is returning to live in Edinburgh and wants to know if he can come to Perth.

Anybody?

Sparkles
4th-August-2004, 04:02 PM
Has Franck posted yet about the ins and outs of the BFG? If so, can you point me in the right direction. I want to know what the workshops are etc, if you can book separately for things (doubt if we'll stay for the Sunday night), how much is it for partners who are non-forumites and is it open to others who are not forumites? A Scottish guy, crews in Leeds and lived here for 30 years is returning to live in Edinburgh and wants to know if he can come to Perth.

Anybody?

There's a link to the BFG website on one of Franck's posts further back on this thread, all the details are there :flower: (I think it's on the third page)

Bardsey
4th-August-2004, 04:13 PM
There's a link to the BFG website on one of Franck's posts further back on this thread, all the details are there :flower: (I think it's on the third page)

Thanks, you're a star and a sparkly one at that! Got it printed out now so I can show it to "him indoors". :flower:

Gordon J Pownall
5th-August-2004, 12:05 AM
Anyway...
I can't wait to see your 'avatar outfit' at the BFG Gordon... :drool: :wink:

Not sure if I can go yet....still may be teaching....... :confused: :tears:

TheTramp
5th-August-2004, 01:03 AM
The details are on the cerocScotland.com website (just remove the /forum from your address bar).

Here's a link to the BFG page... (http://cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)

Trampy

Forte
5th-August-2004, 11:26 PM

Hmmm... ye fifteen and a half year old bought something on ebay (a movie stars outfit!!) and ye over twenty one year old mother got stuck with the £45 federal express postage and packiong fee ... so I do not concur! :mad:

Mary
11th-August-2004, 05:35 PM
If anyone is going to the BFG and needs accommodation I have just cancelled a room at the Perth Travelodge. But you may have to get in quick to book it. Go for the family room option - it's the same price a a double I think.

Hope everyone has a great time, and gutted we can't make it now. :tears:

M

Lory
18th-August-2004, 06:27 PM
The BFG will be my first time to Scotland... :clap:

We're flying up to Edinburgh and should land about midday and we've arranged a hire car, we'd like to spend the rest of that day sight-seeing then have a late lunch (somewhere nice :) ) instead of Dinner, as I can't eat late, then dance.

All suggestions will be gratefully received for what to do and see and where to eat

Then, we plan to get to the Hotel around 7ish and need to know directions from the Travelodge to the venue! (we're very willing to squeeze another couple into our car)

Bardsey and I were talking and thought it might be a nice idea if we got together (anyone else who wants to), at the Salutation hotel for breakfast on Saturday/Sunday morning? :hug: (hangovers permitting) :D

Then Saturday, we haven't got a clue where to go and what to see, we don't mind a bit of driving and we'd quite like to go on an organized tour, a Whiskey distillery or something like that? And a late lunch again, preferably somewhere with a nice view or very traditionally Scottish or unusual or bit quirky? :waycool:

Then it's Party time again :clap: and home on Sunday afternoon! :tears:

Dance Demon
18th-August-2004, 08:15 PM
Th
Then Saturday, we haven't got a clue where to go and what to see, we don't mind a bit of driving and we'd quite like to go on an organized tour, a Whiskey distillery or something like that? And a late lunch again, preferably somewhere with a nice view or very traditionally Scottish or unusual or bit quirky? :waycool:

Then it's Party time again :clap: and home on Sunday afternoon! :tears:

Hi Lory
if you want to take in some quality Scottish countryside, you should take a drive up the A9 from Perth to Pitlochry. it's a very picturesque town, and you can visit the Faskally dam and the salmon ladder. Then a little further north, and you can travel down the Tummel valley to the Queens View, which is a quite spectacular view along loch Tummel to the mountain Schiehallion (3554ft). Carry on to Tummel Bridge, and take a left over the bridge onto the Aberfeldy road. Follow this road to Aberfeldy. Once in Aberfeldy, turn left onto the A827, which will take you back to the A9,and back to Perth. The whole drive will take 2 - 3 hours or just a bit longer if you stop off a couple of times. If the sun is shining, it will be a memorable experience.
Pity you're leaving on Sunday, as I'm doing the final set of the weekend, the Sunday Chillout session, and I would have played Oh lori & Sweet Lorraine for you.........ah well never mind. Save a dance for me sometime over the weekend. :flower:

skippy
18th-August-2004, 08:42 PM
hi
I agree Pitlochry and Aberfeldy are beautiful, but I prefer St Andrews, there are some great sights and great restaurant. you could even go to there from the airport on the day you arrive. it's only an hour and a bit from the there. Great restaurant on the water front overlooking the goldern sands of the beach and blue waters of the North Sea!!!
if you fancy know some more details WWW.theseafoodrestaurant.com

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 09:26 PM
Wouldn't happen to know the owner would you? :wink: :whistle: :grin:

I've never eaten there :tears: but it does look very nice :drool:

Lory
19th-August-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi Lory
if you want to take in some quality Scottish countryside, *snip*
Sounds absolutely wonderful for a sunny day! :nice:

Pity you're leaving on Sunday, as I'm doing the final set of the weekend, the Sunday Chillout session, and I would have played Oh lori & Sweet Lorraine for you.........ah well never mind. Save a dance for me sometime over the weekend. :flower:
I know, don't rub it in :tears: but it's a very important week for Steve's work, one mustn't complain! :innocent: :wink:
I can't wait to dance with you AND all the others I've never met before too! :clap:

Great restaurant on the water front overlooking the goldern sands of the beach and blue waters of the North Sea!!!
if you fancy know some more details WWW.theseafoodrestaurant.com
Sounds ideal :grin: but I couldn't get the link to work! :confused:

Keep the idea's coming! :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
19th-August-2004, 11:05 PM
Sounds ideal :grin: but I couldn't get the link to work! :confused:

Me neither Lory, but I did find a review here (http://www.s1play.com/directory/restaurants/St_Andrews/The_Seafood_Restaurant/The_Seafood_Restaurant.html) :drool:

skippy
20th-August-2004, 12:39 AM
yes you'd be right I do know the chef/owner very well but he is "Simply the best" in the area and for every new customer I get ............... well just use you imagination!!!!!
it's not offical yet but look out for the AA Guide awards in October !!
Lunch is very reasonable and he doesn't just do seafood !! website not working at the moment sorry!!

DavidY
21st-August-2004, 12:26 PM
Nah. They say that there are tickets available for £28..... and other prices up to £90

However, I tried booking tickets at the maximum length of time possible (3 months - ie. 5th October, coming back on the 6th October). And the cheapest tickets were still £90.

Makes you wonder how you actually get the £28 (or other cheap) tickets, doesn't it (unless of course, lots of people logged on really early this morning, and booked them all up!).

If those tickets are never available, why do they list them on the website at all??

TrampyI had a look through the GNER website. Once I'd been totally confused there, I rang someone up, who explained some of it to me, and I vaguely understand it now.

These tickets seem to be allocated to individual trains and destinations. I looked for Off Peak Return tickets from Kings Cross to Perth, and can't find any leaving Friday and returning Monday.

But there do still seem to be Off peak returns available from Kings Cross to Edinburgh at £25. Eg. there does seem to be one available if you leave Kings Cross 10:30 and get to Edinburgh at 14:49, and return from Edinburgh on one of the later trains, say the 16:00, (maybe after some sightseeing in Edinburgh), arriving in Kings Cross at 20:44. There's another one an hour later too.

And (separately looking on the Scotrail.co.uk site) a Saver Return from Edinburgh to Perth seems to be £15.10 on off-peak trains. (There may be other options to get to Perth as well I guess).

So it looks like it might be possible to buy an Off Peak return from London to Edinburgh, then a separate Saver return from Edinburgh to Perth, costing a total of £40.10. I admit I don't understand the rules and restrictions on this, so there may be reasons why this doesn't work or isn't allowed, but it looks as if it might be feasible.

Don't you just love our public transport system... :)

skippy
21st-August-2004, 04:42 PM
hi
look at super breaks sometimes they can organise good rail and accomodation. www.superbreak.com Also flights are often cheaper and there maybe some coming your way from Edinburgh who could give you a lift up to Perth.
Best of luck finding sometihing.
look forward in having a dance.!!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-August-2004, 06:28 PM
I can't wait to dance with you AND all the others I've never met before too! :clap:

Will you save a dance for me too then Lory? (I promise I'll be smiling :wink: ) :hug:

Bardsey
23rd-August-2004, 12:54 PM
I haven't coughed up any dough for the BFG weekend yet and I was wondering......as I'm coming with my partner who is only a beginner and wouldn't want to spend all weekend dancing, even if he could handle any of the workshops...which he won't be able to, believe me, is it possible to just pay for the Friday night and Saturday night Dances? We will have to head back home on Sunday. There is only one workshop that I'd really like to do on the Saturday, but know that workshops are not priced separately. Franck? Sheena? Anyone? :confused: :flower:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-August-2004, 01:10 PM
Hi Bardsey, happy to oblige :hug:
Friday and Sunday parties cost £7
Saturday Party and Awards Ceremony is £10
Tea dance Saturday or Sunday is £5 but if you wish to do any workshops that day it would cost £10 (inclusive of tea dance).

Click here (www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm) for all the details :flower:

You won't be able to pay on-line if you are not doing the whole package but e-mail Franck and you can pay by cheque. :grin:

Bardsey
23rd-August-2004, 03:29 PM
Hi Bardsey, happy to oblige :hug:
Friday and Sunday parties cost £7
Saturday Party and Awards Ceremony is £10
Tea dance Saturday or Sunday is £5 but if you wish to do any workshops that day it would cost £10 (inclusive of tea dance).

Click here (www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm) for all the details :flower:

You won't be able to pay on-line if you are not doing the whole package but e-mail Franck and you can pay by cheque. :grin:

Thanx Sheena, that's great! I'll do that :flower:

Bardsey
23rd-August-2004, 03:50 PM
Iim sorry for repeating myself, I know I've asked before, but can single non-forumites come ? Its a guy who is moving back to Scotland and he keeps pestering me to find out if he can come :confused:

Franck
23rd-August-2004, 04:02 PM
Iim sorry for repeating myself, I know I've asked before, but can single non-forumites come ? Its a guy who is moving back to Scotland and he keeps pestering me to find out if he can come :confused:No worries about repetition Bardsey :D

Anyone can go to the BFG, there will be fun, dancing, parties for all levels, and you don't need to even be on the forum.
Anyone wanting to book should drop me an email with their requirements or call 01324-613 209.

Latest news is that we'll have a mini Lucky-dip competition at the Saturday afternoon Tea-dance, with prizes for the top 3 couples :clap:

TheTramp
23rd-August-2004, 04:03 PM
Of course. Anyone can come. Thought we'd said that before.

It's not in any way restricted to forum people. Though, obviously the majority of people there will be - especially since it's so cheap if booked through the forum. I'm guessing that people will become members, just to get the cheap workshops/dances....

3 nights of dancing, 2 tea dances, and 6 workshops, all for £33?!? You'd have to be mad to miss out! :D

Trampy

Sheepman
23rd-August-2004, 05:22 PM
You'd have to be mad to miss out! Or maybe living a long, long way away.
(Hmm, thinks, BSJFG, doesn't aliterate too well does it?) :wink:

Greg

Lory
23rd-August-2004, 05:48 PM
Will you save a dance for me too then Lory? (I promise I'll be smiling :wink: ) :hug:
Can't wait! :flower: :hug:

Lory
23rd-August-2004, 08:22 PM
Then, we plan to get to the Hotel around 7ish and need to know directions from the Travelodge to the venue! Scrap this bit, we've decided to upgrade and we're staying at the Salutation now! :D :clap:

LilyB
23rd-August-2004, 08:41 PM
...... 3 nights of dancing, 2 tea dances, and 6 workshops, all for £33?!? You'd have to be mad to miss out! :D

Trampy

:tears: :tears: :tears: We are missing out! Our plans to go to the BFG are scuppered. Instead we have visitors from Oz staying with us.

Will have to try to make Beach Ballroom in November instead.

LilyB

TheTramp
23rd-August-2004, 09:01 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: We are missing out! Our plans to go to the BFG are scuppered. Instead we have visitors from Oz staying with us.

Will have to try to make Beach Ballroom in November instead.
Can't you just bring your Oz friends to the BFG??

Failing that, leave David behind to look after them, and you come dance with us :D

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
23rd-August-2004, 11:56 PM
Can't you just bring your Oz friends to the BFG??

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: (can you take a hint Lily? :wink: )

Lynn
24th-August-2004, 09:15 AM
Looks like I won't be able to go now! :sad: :tears: September is just looking to be too busy and would only be able to be there for part of the weekend anyway. Very disappointing as I was looking forward to visiting Scotland. I'll have to try to get over for some other event later in the year.

Bardsey
24th-August-2004, 11:25 AM
Looks like I won't be able to go now!

Oh no Lynn! What a shame......see you in Southport tho' :hug:

Bardsey
24th-August-2004, 11:27 AM
No worries about repetition Bardsey :D

Anyone can go to the BFG, there will be fun, dancing, parties for all levels, and you don't need to even be on the forum.
Anyone wanting to book should drop me an email with their requirements or call 01324-613 209.

Latest news is that we'll have a mini Lucky-dip competition at the Saturday afternoon Tea-dance, with prizes for the top 3 couples :clap:

Thanks for that, Franck......I'll pass your number on to Jim. :kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-August-2004, 11:31 AM

Bring them up then, you can stay with us... its not far to Perth from here :)

Lynn
24th-August-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh no Lynn! What a shame......see you in Southport tho' :hug: Yes - will be there (though I am missing my first lecture on the Monday, very bad! :blush: ) . But I had been looking forward to going over to Scotland - I'll just have to find another occasion later in the year to visit :grin:

LilyB
24th-August-2004, 01:04 PM
Bring them up then, you can stay with us... its not far to Perth from here :)

Thanks for the very kind offer, DS. Really wish we could but our Aussie friends appear to have got themselves a couple of engagements in the south that weekend so we can't drag them away, and it would be rather remiss of us to abandon them to their own devises while we went and had ourselves a jolly time in Perth ( :devil: ).

We enjoyed their hospitality while we were in Sydney a year ago (how time flies! :tears: ) - including a fab cruise on Sydney Harbour in their private yacht :waycool: . We're planning on returning their kind hospitality with a paddle on the Serpentine in a rowboat. :whistle:

Lily

TheTramp
24th-August-2004, 01:22 PM
Ah. That'd be Mark and Simone then!!

Shame that you can't all make it up to the BFG :(

Enjoy your paddle!!

Trampy

Sheepman
24th-August-2004, 01:50 PM
Really wish we could :tears:

Well I would volunteer to collect yours and David's BFG awards for you :devil: but I'm not sure there will be room in our car for that lot! :whistle:

Greg

Andy McGregor
24th-August-2004, 02:13 PM
I am afraid I've now joined the ranks of people who can't go. I've got to stay home and run the disco for my daughter's 13th birthday :tears:

Still, it means I've probably made a sufficiently large sacrifice to go to Southport :clap:

Bardsey
24th-August-2004, 02:20 PM
I am afraid I've now joined the ranks of people who can't go. I've got to stay home and run the disco for my daughter's 13th birthday :tears:

Still, it means I've probably made a sufficiently large sacrifice to go to Southport :clap:

Shame about that Andy, but would be great to see you at Southport.

Sheepman
24th-August-2004, 02:21 PM
I'll do it by phone - 01738 633598. In case anyone has been trying this number for the Salutation Hotel, don't, it's the fax number :blush: :blush:

The number you need is 01738 630066, don't bother trying to book online, because I don't think you can book the special deal that way. Just mention the Ceroc Forum :clap: to get the £30 pp per night rate.

So I've finally got round to booking our room. Just lately I seem to be spending my days booking holidays. It's a hard life! But which will be better, the BFG, or a weeks skiing in my favourite resort. :D

Greg

TheTramp
24th-August-2004, 02:23 PM
But which will be better, the BFG, or a weeks skiing in my favourite resort. :D
D'oh. The BFG. Why ask these easy questions?!? :D

Trampy

Rhythm King
24th-August-2004, 02:23 PM
I am afraid I've now joined the ranks of people who can't go.

That's a shame, we were looking forward to seeing what you were going to wear for the avatar party night

I've got to stay home and run the disco for my daughter's 13th birthday :tears:

So do you do requests then? And how many speakers do you use, oh and what about the lighting?? :whistle:

Cool - see you there

:cheers:

R-K

P.S. Has Balders left any more biscuits about?

Andy McGregor
24th-August-2004, 02:48 PM
So do you do requests then?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I shouldn't do ANY requests. I did a dance on Saturday night. The only tracks I had complaints about were requests :tears: Maybe I'll only take the tracks I don't mind playing, then I can only accept requests for acceptable tracks. Then again, maybe I should prepare a Minidisc for the whole night and give people a list of the tracks they can expect to dance to: I won't do this, but it is a tempting way to solve the requests dilemma :wink:

And how many speakers do you use, oh and what about the lighting??

When you have to carry everything in and out you use the minimum :tears:

Unless you're a builder...

P.S. Has Balders left any more biscuits about?

I don't think he's got any biscuits or cake, last I heard he was living on a diet of neoprene and wet towels.

Lynn
24th-August-2004, 05:33 PM
Haven't completely given up yet... just trying different airports for flight times - anyone tell me difference in driving time from Edinburgh airport - Perth and Glasgow Int airport - Perth? Ta.

TheTramp
24th-August-2004, 05:48 PM
Haven't completely given up yet... just trying different airports for flight times - anyone tell me difference in driving time from Edinburgh airport - Perth and Glasgow Int airport - Perth? Ta.
Ummm.

Perth - Edinburgh airport = 40 mins.

Perth - Glasgow Int airport = 1.25 hrs.

These times are at 4am, when there's no traffic on the road. Adjust accordingly for times of traffic (your guess is as good as mine!).

Hope that helps a little... :wink:

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
24th-August-2004, 05:48 PM
anyone tell me difference in driving time from Edinburgh airport - Perth and Glasgow Int airport - Perth? Ta.
Neither is too far away Lynn, Edinburgh airport to Perth is about 40 mins I'd guess, Glasgow to Perth about an hour :grin:

Gojive
24th-August-2004, 05:49 PM
I hope to be there, and I'm trying to persuade a number of the Barcelona 2004 crowd to come along as well :)

Lynn
24th-August-2004, 05:51 PM
Thanks to both of you! I've had a busy summer with no real hols (the odd day here and there) and feel in the need of some fun - OK - I'm going to Southport so am having one break - but why not two? If I can just juggle work commitments...

TheTramp
24th-August-2004, 05:51 PM
Neither is too far away Lynn, Edinburgh airport to Perth is about 40 mins I'd guess, Glasgow to Perth about an hour :grin:
Hehe! Got there before you :D

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
24th-August-2004, 05:56 PM
I hope to be there, and I'm trying to persuade a number of the Barcelona 2004 crowd to come along as well :)
Good! :clap: :clap: :D

Tiggerbabe
24th-August-2004, 07:36 PM
What a poor excuse Mr McGregor - have the party on the Sunday and you could still make it back in plenty of time - up on Sunday morning at a reasonable time (or alternatively just don't go to bed :wink: ), wonderful Scottish breakfast, quick trip back on the plane and you're sorted.

Tell the truth - you're just plain scared of Gadget's weapon aren't you and can't face the duel :whistle: :whistle: :eek:

Gadget
25th-August-2004, 09:20 AM
What a poor excuse Mr McGregor ...~snip~
Tell the truth - you're just plain scared of Gadget's weapon aren't you and can't face the duel :whistle: :whistle: :eek:

:yeah: :D

Send your daughter birthday greetings from me. I'm sure we will draw swords at some point... untill then.... nya ha ha ha

DianaS
25th-August-2004, 11:05 AM
News bulletin
I can't go to the BFG and I actually dreamt about it last night. In my dream it was really lovely and I was chatting to you all and you were all in fancy dress Except for Andy who looked strangely normal. Franck was there and I was wondering whether to introduce myself or pretend to be someone else, but it was really cool.

I can't go because:-

1 I have a heavy month at work and can't make Southport either
2 I'm collecting my son from a month abroad and want to spend some time with him. (Yes I know he won't want to spend time with me, but he will need to know I remember his name!)
3 I'm broke after a summers gallaventing

But I would really like to go, so if I can wave a magic wand and Alex and myself can come we will 'cas I'd really like to meet up with you guys soon :tears:

I would like to come to Rock Bottoms in Novemeber so if there is a guy out there who can book with me, can you send me a PM as unaccompanied women are not being accepted!

TheTramp
25th-August-2004, 11:17 AM
I can't go to the BFG and I actually dreamt about it last night. In my dream it was really lovely and I was chatting to you all and you were all in fancy dress Except for Andy who looked strangely normal. Franck was there and I was wondering whether to introduce myself or pretend to be someone else, but it was really cool.

See. Your dreams are telling you to come!! :D

Trampy

Andy McGregor
25th-August-2004, 12:48 PM

Is Gadget going to Southport? I will thrash him there, if he's man enough :whistle:

Gadget
25th-August-2004, 02:02 PM
Is Gadget going to Southport? I will thrash him there, if he's man enough :whistle:
Is that in Englandshire? A bit out of my way I'm afraid. I'll be helping my wife Derectoir at the Highland Open (Inverness) in October: if you want to come up then we could have a full metalic piste and electrics. :devil:
Oh BTW she's my second. {At Uni we all got sweatshirts with names on the back. Hers was "G.B.H." Her name does not start with a g, b or h.}

Andy McGregor
25th-August-2004, 02:42 PM
Hers was "G.B.H." Her name does not start with a g, b or h.}

God Bless Her? :confused:

TheTramp
25th-August-2004, 02:54 PM
Hers was "G.B.H." Her name does not start with a g, b or h.}
Gosh, Bloomin' Horrible?

(Refers to her taste in men :wink: :whistle: :hug: )

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
25th-August-2004, 03:26 PM
ooh miaow :)

Gadget
25th-August-2004, 05:38 PM
Well I always maintained it was for "Great Big Hoo/........

..sorry never know when she'll be lurking over my shoulder :innocent: and I like all my bits in the right place.

Andy McGregor
25th-August-2004, 05:45 PM
and I like all my bits in the right place.

You're married and you've been allowed to keep your bits :eek:

Maybe they've got different rules if you get married in Scotland :wink:

Rhythm King
26th-August-2004, 11:05 AM
My cunning plan for getting from Edinburgh airport to the BFG at Perth has fallen through. I don't suppose there are any kind citizens of that fair city who could offer a chap a lift to Perth on the Friday? I'm due to arrive at the airport at 16:30, so any time after that would be great.
I'm going to the Boogienights Jive Aces party in Edinburgh tomorrow night, so if you're there, come and say hello anyway.

Cheers

R-K

Sparkles
26th-August-2004, 06:56 PM
What's all this? I turn my back for two minutes and suddenly everyone is claiming they can't come to the BFG!!! :mad:
Surely there are some of you lovely forumites :flower: out there that are coming...?
Otherwise I'll be all sad and lonely, standing at the edge of the floor in my sparkly spray-on latex, holding my martini and chocolate digestives with no one to play with :tears:

drathzel
26th-August-2004, 07:03 PM
i'd love to go but unfortunately I am only a beginner who joined classes by herself and has no one to go wit. Its ok for one class but not for the weekend. I'd get very lonely :tears:

Sparkles
26th-August-2004, 07:48 PM
i'd love to go but unfortunately I am only a beginner who joined classes by herself and has no one to go wit. Its ok for one class but not for the weekend. I'd get very lonely :tears:

There will be plenty of people, of all dancing abilities, not taking partners with them - come along, join the fun! :clap:
I'll share my biccies with you... :flower:
(I actually stole them from Baldrick's cupboard, but don't tell him!)

Gojive
26th-August-2004, 09:10 PM
There will be plenty of people, of all dancing abilities, not taking partners with them - come along, join the fun! :clap:

I agree!. You will get so much out of a weekend like this Danielle, and I promise I'll share my dances with you! :wink: ....after you've finished eating the biccies of course :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2004, 10:38 PM
Not at all, there are lots of people who go to Jumpin' Jaks on a Tuesday who'll be there - as well as Baldrick and Pretzelmeister there'll be Franck and Trampy - see 4 people you know already :D
It's going to be such a fantabulous weekend - and for £33 you really can't miss any of it - you'll learn loads, meet lots of new people who love dancing as much as you, you'll have some fab dances, hear great music and have so much fun you'll wonder how on earth you ever thought you might not go :hug: :hug: :hug:
Press that "order" button Danielle - you know you want to :clap: :clap:

Lory
26th-August-2004, 10:40 PM
[
What's all this? I turn my back for two minutes and suddenly everyone is claiming they can't come to the BFG!!! :mad:
Surely there are some of you lovely forumites :flower: out there that are coming...?
Otherwise I'll be all sad and lonely, standing at the edge of the floor in my sparkly spray-on latex, holding my martini and chocolate digestives with no one to play with :tears:
Hey! I'm trying and redress the balance :whistle: I'm now coming for the whole 3 nights, not just 2, as I previously thought :clap: .... And I'll even bring some chocky biscuits too, if you like? :D

i'd love to go but unfortunately I am only a beginner who joined classes by herself and has no one to go wit.

We've all been beginners, and some of us feel like we'll never progress beyond that point :sick: but we're all just getting together for the fun of it, no-ones going to be judging! If they were, believe me, I'd be the first to wimp out! ;)

So, See you there! :hug: :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2004, 11:04 PM
I'll be all sad and lonely, standing at the edge of the floor
Hey! No-one leaves "sparkles" at the edge of the floor - let's dance :wink: :hug: :kiss: I'll be there :D

SteveB
26th-August-2004, 11:22 PM

Hey Sparkles I dont know who you are but i'll be grabbin ya up for a dance.....and then after i'll have some digestives please? ta! :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
26th-August-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey Sparkles I dont know who you are
Oh yes you do! :wink: :rofl:

Gojive
26th-August-2004, 11:45 PM
Oh yes you do! :wink: :rofl:

Do we all know Sparkles?.....or do you just know that Gaylord knows her?...if you follow what I'm saying! :yum:

The only Davina I know, is....... :really: .....the one from BB! (and I don't mean Beach Boogie either! :D )

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 12:04 AM
Do we all know Sparkles?.....or do you just know that Gaylord knows her?...if you follow what I'm saying! :yum:

Well, I'm not sure if you know Sparkles - I know her, and I know that Gaylord knows her - but he doesn't know he knows her - which is fun!!!!!
She dances in London usually, but I'm not sure if it's near your venue - but after the BFG we'll all know who we know - won't we - you know? :confused: :eek:

Emma
27th-August-2004, 12:07 AM
I know Sparkles :)

Sparkles
27th-August-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm the sparkly one with the chocolate biscuits :waycool:

Emma
27th-August-2004, 12:19 AM
She does not lie :cool:

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, I'm not sure if you know Sparkles - I know her, and I know that Gaylord knows her - but he doesn't know he knows her - which is fun!!!!!

Hmmm.....ok, so I may know her, but you don't know if I really know her. However it's nice to know you know Gaylord knows her, even though he doesn't know he knows her.....although he may know her now that.....now that.....well you know what I mean! - don't you?

:tears: My head hurts!

:D

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 12:24 AM
:tears: My head hurts! :D
There, there - have a glass of cava :kiss: :hug: have we met? :wink:

Emma
27th-August-2004, 12:27 AM
have we met? :wink:I was wondering that, too..Chertsey is not so far from me....do I get a glass?...and will you split this, or shall I? *lol* *nicks a biscuit*

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 12:40 AM
I was wondering that, too. yes we have - often - *sheesh* your memory's getting worse babe :wink:

do I get a glass?. of course you do, as many as you want - ah! *sigh* memories of post champs cava drinking :drool: :kiss: :hug:

Sparkles
27th-August-2004, 12:41 AM
someone pour me a glass too, my head hurts now. :sad: I can't even work out if I know who I am anymore.... :confused:

Emma
27th-August-2004, 12:41 AM
Anyway, back on topic...will there be chocolate biccies at the BFG? I mean I know Sparkles will bring hers but I have a voracious appetite for food of the biscuit variety...

don't think I haven't noticed that spray on latex comment either, but heterosexuality prevents me from responding :wink:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 12:44 AM
:sad: I can't even work out if I know who I am anymore.... :confused:
'S okay though - 'cause we do (and Bardsey will do you a name tag if you ask nicely :wink: )
pink or white? - I have both :D :hug:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 12:46 AM
Anyway, back on topic...will there be chocolate biccies at the BFG?
MMMn - well there's bound to be sweeties :drool: :drool: Franck always brings sweeties :clap: :clap:

Sparkles
27th-August-2004, 12:52 AM
don't think I haven't noticed that spray on latex comment either, but heterosexuality prevents me from responding :wink:
Emma, Darling, I'm so disappointed in you - I thought that seeing as we're engaged you'd at least comment on my avatar outfit :tears:
If things carry on like this I shall have to take my biscuits elsewhere... :devil:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 01:00 AM
If things carry on like this I shall have to take my biscuits elsewhere... :devil:
Oh crumbs! :blush: :eek:

Groovy Dancer
27th-August-2004, 01:23 AM
Emma, Darling, I'm so disappointed in you - I thought that seeing as we're engaged you'd at least comment on my avatar outfit :tears:

With all this talk about chocalate biscuits, I am just wondering...

GOT MILK? :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 07:43 AM
GOT MILK? :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:
Well GD I had been hoping for champagne :drool: but if the white stuff's what does it for you :wink: :wink: I'll make sure we've got some :hug:

Lory
27th-August-2004, 08:23 AM
I just like to clarify my stand on this..... I know Sparkles, I know Emma, I know Groovy Dancer but I don't know Sheena, YET (but we have a dance pre-booked already :clap: ) I don't think I know Gaylord or GoJive :confused: (but I'd like to book dance's in advance, please :flower: )

But one thing I DO know for sure, is a chockie biscuit when I see one! :D

And to Miss Sparkles, I don't give a damn :na: I fully admit to looking forward to seeing you in the sparkly spray-on latex number! :yum:

TheTramp
27th-August-2004, 08:48 AM
Me? I know everyone. Especially Sparkles... :wink:

Trampy

Gadget
27th-August-2004, 08:55 AM
:what: Phew, close one... that Fencing competition that I'm meant to be helping at: end of September not October... ie. clashes with the BFG!! :tears:

But the BFG been marked on the "Family Calander" for months and the Highland Open hasn't so I won that argument :clap: See you all there.

... anyone any ideas how to make a dragon mask? :D

Lory
27th-August-2004, 09:10 AM
... anyone any ideas how to make a dragon mask? :D
Take one cardboard Egg box (dozen egg size)
1 can of green spray paint
Red Card (cut in to long forked tongue shape)
Red and yellow tissue paper flames......

Getting the picture? :D :rofl:

CJ
27th-August-2004, 09:42 AM
Take one cardboard Egg box (dozen egg size)
1 can of green spray paint
Red Card (cut in to long forked tongue shape)
Red and yellow tissue paper flames......

Getting the picture? :D :rofl:

Lory,

I'm quietly impressed...

You're getting us boys VERY well organised. :wink:

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 10:21 AM
Not at all, there are lots of people who go to Jumpin' Jaks on a Tuesday who'll be there - as well as Baldrick and Pretzelmeister there'll be Franck and Trampy - see 4 people you know already :D
It's going to be such a fantabulous weekend - and for £33 you really can't miss any of it - you'll learn loads, meet lots of new people who love dancing as much as you, you'll have some fab dances, hear great music and have so much fun you'll wonder how on earth you ever thought you might not go :hug: :hug: :hug:
Press that "order" button Danielle - you know you want to :clap: :clap:

I'm considering it!!! I'll see! I will have made my decision by the end of the weekend! But its looking more and more likely that i'll go!!! :clap:

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 10:25 AM

Thank you for your kind offer i probably will come and i will bring extra biscuits!!!

I might see if a friend wants to come through with me!

*** Just out of curiousity where is perth?******

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 10:26 AM
*** For all Glasgow members****

Any one going to BFG and fancy a tag along ( ie me!!!)?????

Rhythm King
27th-August-2004, 10:43 AM
I just like to clarify my stand on this..... I know Sparkles, I know Emma, I know Groovy Dancer but I don't know Sheena, YET (but we have a dance pre-booked already :clap: ) I don't think I know Gaylord or GoJive :confused: (but I'd like to book dance's in advance, please :flower: )
Likewise - but GoJive did I read somewhere that you were at Beach Boogie? - in which case we may have met. Flown recently?

Give us a lift and I'll make sure to bring some :wink:

And to Miss Sparkles, I don't give a damn :na: I fully admit to looking forward to seeing you in the sparkly spray-on latex number! :yum:

Me too :wink: :drool:

Now for the difficult decision about which new avatar to go for. It's not being driven by costume choice - honest!

baldrick
27th-August-2004, 10:49 AM

No chance of lonely, Me 'n' my kilt will be there sat and sun nights. And if I can rustle up the nessecary partners I'm after going to the double trouble workshop as well. Never going to let an adventure pass by. :D

baldrick
27th-August-2004, 10:54 AM
Anyway, back on topic...will there be chocolate biccies at the BFG? I mean I know Sparkles will bring hers but I have a voracious appetite for food of the biscuit variety...

Don't panic Emma as long as my supplies hold out there will be choccy biccies. Don't know where they're all going. I cant be eating them at this rate. And if I do that kilt will never fit by next month.

baldrick
27th-August-2004, 10:55 AM

Sorry, who's chocolate biscuits you taking where? :devil: :D

Rhythm King
27th-August-2004, 10:56 AM
Don't panic Emma as long as my supplies hold out there will be choccy biccies. Don't know where they're all going. I cant be eating them at this rate. And if I do that kilt will never fit by next month.
Hey Balders - are you going to be at Boogienights in Edinburgh tonight?

baldrick
27th-August-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey Balders - are you going to be at Boogienights in Edinburgh tonight?
Not in current plan. Expect to be sleeping after Perth last night. This getting up to go to work is going to kill me. But will have to investigate the big E'burgh sometime soon.

Rhythm King
27th-August-2004, 11:02 AM
Not in current plan. Expect to be sleeping after Perth last night. This getting up to go to work is going to kill me. But will have to investigate the big E'burgh sometime soon.

Damn, I'll have to get my own biccies then. - oops! :blush:
See you at the BFG though :cheers:

R-K

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 12:00 PM
Sheena,
There, there - have a glass of cava have we met?

Even if we haven't, if you're offering me alcohol then I'd like to! :yum:

Emma,
I was wondering that, too..Chertsey is not so far from me....do I get a glass?...and will you split this, or shall I? *lol* *nicks a biscuit*

Hmmm, possibly...I dance regularly in Guildford/Woking/Fleet/Aldershot, but sometimes as far out of the country :wink: as FPSC Dorking :really: :D

Lory,
I don't think I know Gaylord or GoJive (but I'd like to book dance's in advance, please )

Consider it booked! :flower: (you may wish you hadn't afterwards of course! :yum: )

OK, back on topic :blush: ...with so many people going to this event, is accommodation difficult to come by?

spindr
27th-August-2004, 12:07 PM
Damn, I'll have to get my own biccies then. - oops! :blush:

You won't be hobnobbing with everyone else then :whistle:

SteveB
27th-August-2004, 12:26 PM
Hmmm.....ok, so I may know her, but you don't know if I really know her. However it's nice to know you know Gaylord knows her, even though he doesn't know he knows her.....although he may know her now that.....now that.....well you know what I mean! - don't you?

:tears: My head hurts!

:D

Well im very confused now! If i do know her i dont know about it but im sure she's dead cool! Whos's gojive??? Hehehehehehehehehehehe this is all very confusing, i'll blame Sheena my groovy dance partner! looking forward to BFG!.......Gaylord... :clap:

SteveB
27th-August-2004, 12:47 PM
Well im very confused now! If i do know her i dont know about it but im sure she's dead cool! Whos's gojive??? Hehehehehehehehehehehe this is all very confusing, i'll blame Sheena my groovy dance partner! looking forward to BFG!.......Gaylord... :clap:

I know her now! She can bring the digestives...plain choccie please - thankyou and i'll bring the Jaffa's!!! Cheers sparkles dont forget now!...x

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 12:48 PM
Whos's gojive??? Hehehehehehehehehehehe this is all very confusing

It's simple really....it's all part of my cunning plan to be somebody. If enough people don't know who I am, then I'll become re-knowned for not being known, and even though no one will know me, they still will....if you catch my drift?.. :yum:

"NURSE, Is that time yet?, is it?, is it?....." :o

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 12:50 PM
I know her now! She can bring the digestives...plain choccie please - thankyou and i'll bring the Jaffa's!!! Cheers sparkles dont forget now!...x

B*gger! that just leaves me in the dark then! :tears: (you'd think I'd be used to it by now, after all those days spent under the stairs....) :really:

Sheepman
27th-August-2004, 12:58 PM
Otherwise I'll be all sad and lonely, standing at the edge of the floor I think not . . .
I had to delete the rest of your quote, for fear of going into a coma :wink:

Greg

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 01:00 PM
OK, back on topic :blush: ...with so many people going to this event, is accommodation difficult to come by?
I've pre booked 8 family rooms at the travel lodge, Broxden for Friday and Saturday nights so if anyone is interested in taking one of these - please send me a pm. :hug: :D

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 01:02 PM
I've pre booked 8 family rooms at the travel lodge, Broxden for Friday and Saturday nights so if anyone is interested in taking one of these - please send me a pm. :hug: :D

Thanks for that Sheena, PM on it's way :)

Lynn
27th-August-2004, 01:03 PM
I had a booking at the Travelodge - then cancelled it - but now I might be able to go... I had thought I should free up the room in case they had other people looking to book, but maybe I should have held on to it a bit longer... Why is September such a busy month?! :sad:

DavidY
27th-August-2004, 01:08 PM
OK, back on topic :blush: ...with so many people going to this event, is accommodation difficult to come by?I changed my booking to stay at the Salutation last weekend - if they still had rooms then there's a fair chance they might still have some left.

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 01:11 PM
I changed my booking to stay at the Salutation last weekend - if they still had rooms then there's a fair chance they might still have some left.

Thanks David. :)

Groovy Dancer
27th-August-2004, 01:49 PM
MMMn - well there's bound to be sweeties :drool: :drool: Franck always brings sweeties :clap: :clap:

But we want CHAMPAYNE

for the after party :whistle: :clap: :yeah:

TheTramp
27th-August-2004, 01:57 PM
Why is September such a busy month?! :sad:
Cos anyone who is anyone is coming to the BFG!!! :D

Trampy

CJ
27th-August-2004, 02:27 PM
But we want CHAMPAYNE

I've heard of Cyn Payne... (Not that I've sampled the goods, however. :what: )

But Cham Payne?!? Never heard of her... :D

Sparkles
27th-August-2004, 02:42 PM

I'm afraid mine are milk chocolate, but I'll buy a packet of plain just for you ... and if you don't believe me, the first time i went to see Emma I took her a big bar of chocolate... I'm sure she'll tell you it's true... pass the bottle, Em *hic*

B*gger! that just leaves me in the dark then! :tears:

Don't worry, you won't be for long - if you'll save me a dance at the BFG that is :flower:

I think not . . .
I had to delete the rest of your quote, for fear of going into a coma

Greg

There, there, Sheepy don't worry, I hear the nurse is coming around soon...
...just let me get changed into my uniform and I'll bring you some sweeties in a jiffy ... :wink:

S. x

Emma
27th-August-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm afraid mine are milk chocolate, but I'll buy a packet of plain just for you ... and if you don't believe me, the first time i went to see Emma I took her a big bar of chocolate... I'm sure she'll tell you it's true... pass the bottle, Em *hic*That was an engagement present though wasn't it, sweetie? :flower::flower:

Oh, and watch out for Gaylord, he only eats orange smarties :grin:

Bardsey
27th-August-2004, 03:47 PM
'S okay though - 'cause we do (and Bardsey will do you a name tag if you ask nicely :wink: )
pink or white? - I have both :D :hug:

Ohmygod! Am I doing name tags for the BFG too? Thought it was just Southport :confused:

Pammy
27th-August-2004, 03:52 PM
Ohmygod! Am I doing name tags for the BFG too? Thought it was just Southport :confused:

you know the saying Bards, in for a penny... .... :D :devil:

Bardsey
27th-August-2004, 04:04 PM
Cos anyone who is anyone is coming to the BFG!!! :D

Trampy

Oi !!! Don't leave me out! :tears: Some of us who aren't anyone are coming too, you know! :D

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 04:20 PM
Don't worry, you won't be for long - if you'll save me a dance at the BFG that is :flower:

Banked! :waycool:

That's 2 dances sorted now, and 8 more(ish) wonderful minutes to enjoy on the DF :wink:

I think I'm going to enjoy my first visit to BFG!

Thanks Bill, for letting me in on this little gathering (Barce 2004, Rocefort hotel :waycool: ) :grin:

Sheepman
27th-August-2004, 04:23 PM
...just let me get changed into my uniform and I'll bring you some sweeties in a jiffy ... :wink: :drool:
(That's for the sweeties of course!) :wink:

Dance Demon
27th-August-2004, 04:34 PM
Just booked a room in the Salutation for saturday night, and it seems they still have rooms available at the £35 per person rate, for anyone still looking for accomodation..... :nice:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 05:59 PM
That's 2 dances sorted now
No, that would be 3! :wink: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 06:05 PM
nah! Was only teasing Bardsey - as it will be *so* obvious from our costumes who we all are - won't it? :wink: :whistle: :clap: :clap:

Sandy
27th-August-2004, 06:25 PM

For information on the BFG, you can download the PDF leaflet

I'll be there! Hope to meet lots of you!

Sandy :cheers:

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 09:55 PM
what does one wear to a BFG?

CJ
27th-August-2004, 10:21 PM
what does one wear to a BFG?

Well, I'm in a bit of bother, but you just need to dress as a cute wee teddy bear :wink:

SteveB
27th-August-2004, 10:36 PM

Ive just seen your note Lory, you can put me down for a dance with you please, thankyou.....will look forward to that....i'll write Gaylord on my head and you can recognise me! Hehehehehehe....x :rofl:

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, I'm in a bit of bother, but you just need to dress as a cute wee teddy bear :wink:

i tried that on tues night at my class by wearing a kitten tee with my jeans (the kitten was very cute)!!!

I take it you dont have to be dressed up

CJ
27th-August-2004, 10:51 PM
I take it you dont have to be dressed up

Whilst clothes ARE optional, I would advise you ignore Bill, John S and Tramp and wear some anyway!!!

:wink:

Is fair Q:

my understanding was that people were dressing as their avatar.

Mmm... I feel a pole coming on. :eek: Enough about my Friday night, I feel a poll coming on...

drathzel
27th-August-2004, 11:00 PM
Whilst clothes ARE optional, I would advise you ignore Bill, John S and Tramp and wear some anyway!!!

Is fair Q:

my understanding was that people were dressing as their avatar.

Mmm... I feel a pole coming on. :eek: Enough about my Friday night, I feel a poll coming on...

Thank you for your advise and whilst the option of wearing nothing is appealing i think i would clear the hall in once swoop... i would then be left dancing by myself. Then i would look even scarier cerocing by myself in the nuddie!!! :blush:

Gojive
27th-August-2004, 11:16 PM
Enough about my Friday night, I feel a poll coming on...

Sounds like you're having a great Friday night! :blush:

Tiggerbabe
27th-August-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, I'm in a bit of bother
If you need any help with the letters CJ :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

Sparkles
28th-August-2004, 12:57 AM
If you need any help with the letters CJ :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

I want to help too.. which cheek do you want, Sheena, the C or the J? :rofl:
S. x

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2004, 07:00 AM
I want to help too
Great! Now we just need someone for the other bit - sure someone mentions lipstick in their signature, don't they? :whistle: :whistle: Anyone seen Chicklet? :D :waycool: :blush:

Chicklet
28th-August-2004, 09:21 AM
Great! Now we just need someone for the other bit - sure someone mentions lipstick in their signature, don't they? :whistle: :whistle: Anyone seen Chicklet? :D :waycool: :blush:

She's v v v v v busy buying up all the scushie cream in Perth and placing it in a locked safe.

Chickie's Mum.

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2004, 09:38 AM
She's v v v v v busy buying up all the scushie cream in Perth and placing it in a locked safe.

Chickie's Mum.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Spoilsport! :devil:
CJ x

CJ
28th-August-2004, 12:09 PM

Chickie's Mum.

Now Chickie DD.

As if..... :whistle:

So:
Sparkles a C
Sheena a J
Chicklet the finishing touch(es?) :wink:

:yeah:

(That mean I have to shave?!?!?!)

baldrick
28th-August-2004, 02:31 PM
Whay :clap:
Coughed up the dough, email'd Franck what I want to do.

I'm in, see you all there. Don't worry I'll bring the biccies. Any requests (apart from chocolate, That's obvious) :wink: :D

Tiggerbabe
28th-August-2004, 02:59 PM
(That mean I have to shave?!?!?!)
Don't think that's the kind of cream Chickie :wink: :whistle: 's been buying

Sparkles
28th-August-2004, 03:20 PM

I'm in, see you all there. Don't worry I'll bring the biccies. Any requests (apart from chocolate, That's obvious) :wink: :D

Fantastic!
See you there, Baldrick - oh and if you can bring some jammy dodgers that'd be great! :wink:

S. x

drathzel
28th-August-2004, 04:43 PM

Ginger Nuts!!!

baldrick
28th-August-2004, 05:00 PM
Ginger Nuts!!!

No need to be like that. :wink:

drathzel
28th-August-2004, 05:03 PM
No need to be like that. :wink:

what? (she says in her most innocent voice :innocent: )

But i like Ginger Nuts!!!

Gadget
31st-August-2004, 08:32 AM
Plain Chocolate Rich Teas. Can you count KitKats, or are they sweets? What about Twix?

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 08:42 AM
Plain Chocolate Rich Teas. Can you count KitKats, or are they sweets? What about Twix?

I would count them as chocolate bars!! although nothing wrong with that!!! We women love all chocolate and sugary treats :D

Lory
31st-August-2004, 09:03 AM

Hey! :flower: Why is your name in the NOT going to the BFG box? :confused:

drathzel
31st-August-2004, 10:28 AM
I've come to the decision That i am going!! Yeahy just to book it now and get a hotel!!!!

Gojive
1st-September-2004, 01:08 AM
A quick question....

Does everyone who wants to attend this, need to be a forum member, or is that just for online bookings?

I am about to email the entire Barcelona 2004 dancers with details of this event, but need to get my facts reasonably straight before hand :)

Tiggerbabe
1st-September-2004, 01:24 AM
Does everyone who wants to attend this, need to be a forum member, or is that just for online bookings?

No, you don't have to be a member of the forum to attend - although it costs nothing to register and they might enjoy it :wink:
Anyone wishing to attend can e-mail Franck (bfg@cerocscotland.com) and pay by cheque if they don't want to use the paypal system. :grin:

Gojive
1st-September-2004, 01:25 AM
No, you don't have to be a member of the forum to attend - although it costs nothing to register and they might enjoy it :wink:
Anyone wishing to attend can e-mail Franck (bfg@cerocscotland.com) and pay by cheque if they don't want to use the paypal system. :grin:

Aaah, many thanks Sheena :kiss:

I'll email the Barcelona crowd tomorrow with details of both the forum and the BFG :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
1st-September-2004, 01:30 AM
I'll email the Barcelona crowd tomorrow with details of both the forum and the BFG :waycool:
I like your style :D Mairi and Bill will be there and hopefully Obi too :hug:

Gojive
1st-September-2004, 01:34 AM
I like your style, :D Mairi and Bill will be there and hopefully Obi too :hug:

Fantastic!.

I knew Bill was going (Bill was one of the two members that told me about this forum, and the BFG), but I didn't know Mairi and Obi were going. That makes five of the Barcelona crowd so far (with myself and my partner), and at least 2 others have indicated that they'd love to come.

We're really looking forward to this now! :waycool:

Sparkles
1st-September-2004, 11:33 AM
How's the costume going, Sheena? :wink:

Gadget
1st-September-2004, 12:36 PM
How hard can it be to get orange and black body paint?

baldrick
1st-September-2004, 01:16 PM
How hard can it be to get orange and black body paint?

Its just a real chore to do the bit up your back thats not quite within reach :D

baldrick
1st-September-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey! :flower: Why is your name in the NOT going to the BFG box? :confused:

'cause I voted and then changed my mind when holiday plans changed. Left me free to come out and play. :clap: Don't know how to change it. :(

Means I get to meet all you lovely people. :flower:

Hope your all up for fun and adventure?

drathzel
1st-September-2004, 01:26 PM
'cause I voted and then changed my mind when holiday plans changed. Left me free to come out and play. :clap: Don't know how to change it. :(

Means I get to meet all you lovely people. :flower:

Hope your all up for fun and adventure?

Yeahy!!! At least i will know one person going!! :clap:

Ninka
1st-September-2004, 04:59 PM
Am totally gutted that I'm not going to make it :tears: :tears:
Some of have to work over the weekend :sad:
Never mind, hopefully I can make the glasgow party :clap:

Lynn
1st-September-2004, 05:20 PM
Am totally gutted that I'm not going to make it :tears: :tears: :yeah: I did hope that I might be able to, but just too much work on those last two weeks in Sep. I hope I can meet some forumites in Southport to make up for it and I hope there will be another BFG and I can get to the next one!

Sheepman
1st-September-2004, 05:24 PM
I get to meet all you lovely people. Isn't that a bit unfair on all us unlovely people :sad:

Greg

Gojive
2nd-September-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah!! I'm booked (thanks for your help Franck) :D .

I look forward to meeting you fellow nutters! :waycool: :cheers:

drathzel
2nd-September-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah!! I'm booked (thanks for your help Franck) :D .

I look forward to meeting you fellow nutters! :waycool: :cheers:

I'm going too...all by myself...so say hi!!!

On the subject if any one needs a lift from glasgow... just let me know as i am taking the car up from the friday to the sunday!! :grin:

Gojive
2nd-September-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm going too...all by myself...so say hi!!!

I'll do more than that Danielle, I'll promise you a number of dances as well :flower:

drathzel
2nd-September-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll do more than that Danielle, I'll promise you a number of dances as well :flower:

Yeahy!!!! That means i'll at least get a dance!!! Rather than being the token beginner in the corner :whistle:

Gojive
2nd-September-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeahy!!!! That means i'll at least get a dance!!! Rather than being the token beginner in the corner :whistle:

Don't worry Danielle, going by how friendly and helpful most people seem to be on this forum, I'm sure you will be dancing your socks off all through BFG. So there'll be no sitting hiding in the corner young lady :wink:

baldrick
2nd-September-2004, 05:57 PM

Just leave some for the rest of us :wink: :drool:

drathzel
2nd-September-2004, 07:04 PM
Just leave some for the rest of us :wink: :drool:

dont worry i will save you a dance :grin:

TheTramp
3rd-September-2004, 02:25 AM
dont worry i will save you a dance :grin:
How about me? Although, I'm just a beginner....

Trampy

drathzel
3rd-September-2004, 08:22 AM
How about me? Although, I'm just a beginner....

Trampy

I will save you a dance also!!! Oh i'm going to have a couple of dances now...i'm getting really excited!! Yeahy!!! :clap:

drathzel
3rd-September-2004, 08:42 AM
My BnB reservation was just confirmed...woohoo!! Will def see you all there!!

Gojive
7th-September-2004, 11:49 PM
Excluding the teachers and demos, there are now 6 of us who went to Barcelona, definitely going now, and a few more are giving it some serious thought... :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
8th-September-2004, 01:22 AM
a few more are giving it some serious thought... :waycool:
Brilliant!!!!! It's getting closer and closer :clap: :clap: :D

drathzel
8th-September-2004, 08:36 AM
only two weekends to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
8th-September-2004, 07:28 PM
Excluding the teachers
A little bird tells me Obi's gonna be there for sure :D :clap: :clap:

Gojive
8th-September-2004, 07:45 PM
A little bird tells me Obi's gonna be there for sure :D :clap: :clap:

Nice one!!! I look forward to seeing him again! :waycool: :D

drathzel
9th-September-2004, 08:41 AM
speaking of the BFG.... aparently we are going as our avatars..... can any one think what i can change mine too so that i dont have to be a yellow teddy?.... which i do very well however..... NO!!!! :really:

skippy
9th-September-2004, 09:44 AM
Fantastic!
See you there, Baldrick - oh and if you can bring some jammy dodgers that'd be great! :wink:

S. x

I never realised we had so much in common. I love Jammy Dodgers too so look out for me at the weekend.
Skippy :hug: :flower:

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 09:52 AM
I never realised we had so much in common. I love Jammy Dodgers too so look out for me at the weekend.
Skippy :hug: :flower:
A least no one will have trouble finding me. I'll be the one with huge plate of assorted biscuits.:yum:

Any more requests :confused:

Rhythm King
9th-September-2004, 10:20 AM
A least no one will have trouble finding me. I'll be the one with huge plate of assorted biscuits.:yum:

Oh really? Are you sure about that... MWAHAHAHA! :devil:

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 10:43 AM
Oh really? Are you sure about that... MWAHAHAHA! :devil:

And maybe a couple of bouncers making sure of the quality of my clientele.

Rhythm King
9th-September-2004, 10:58 AM
And maybe a couple of bouncers -snip-.

What :what: rubber biscuits?

(A song best performed by the Blues Brothers, IMHO.)

TheTramp
9th-September-2004, 10:59 AM
And maybe a couple of bouncers making sure of the quality of my clientele.
I'll work for jaffa cakes....

Trampy

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 11:26 AM

Trampy
Work?? :confused:

TheTramp
9th-September-2004, 12:01 PM
Work?? :confused:
As a bouncer....

Trampy

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 12:14 PM

Trampy
Whats work?? :confused:

TheTramp
9th-September-2004, 12:33 PM
Not sure that I actually remember.

Will start finding out again a week on Monday!! :clap:

Trampy

Sparkles
9th-September-2004, 12:44 PM
A least no one will have trouble finding me. I'll be the one with huge plate of assorted biscuits...
... and the very Sparkly person sitting next to him :whistle:
(well, someone's got to help him eat all those biscuits... :wink: :na: )

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 02:47 PM
... and the very Sparkly person sitting next to him :whistle:
(well, someone's got to help him eat all those biscuits... :wink: :na: )
Just remember they're to be shared round. Plenty for every one, we're all freinds and are to play nice together. :wink:

drathzel
9th-September-2004, 05:27 PM

why does that not surprise me!! :D :yum:

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 06:16 PM
why does that not surprise me!! :D :yum:
No my fault you have to log out just as the rest of us wake up in the morning :rofl:

drathzel
9th-September-2004, 06:23 PM
No my fault you have to log out just as the rest of us wake up in the morning :rofl:

some us have to work for our jobs not sit around and pm and post all day!!!

baldrick
9th-September-2004, 06:26 PM
some us have to work for our jobs not sit around and pm and post all day!!!
My talents are fully used. I have too look busy all day, do you know how much effort that takes. :wink:

drathzel
10th-September-2004, 08:28 AM
My talents are fully used. I have too look busy all day, do you know how much effort that takes. :wink:

really easy when you post on here as much as you do!!! :D

TheTramp
10th-September-2004, 08:33 AM
really easy when you post on here as much as you do!!! :D
Pot..... Kettle..... Black!! :na: :whistle: :flower:

Trampy

baldrick
10th-September-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey Tramp, what you doning up this early. I thought you're a student? :wink:

TheTramp
10th-September-2004, 09:02 AM
Not quite. Don't start until Monday. Am trying to get in one early morning before I start my life of debauchery!!!

Trampy

Flash
10th-September-2004, 09:46 AM
Maybe he is still up? Practicing his partying all night for when he becomes a student.....

Dance Demon
10th-September-2004, 10:21 AM
Maybe he is still up? Practicing his partying all night for when he becomes a student.....

Think you could be right Flash....DJing in Perth tiil' 11pm....then off cavorting in Jumpin'Jaks in Dundee til the wee small hours......Typical poor student...Tsk......

drathzel
10th-September-2004, 02:14 PM
Not quite. Don't start until Monday. Am trying to get in one early morning before I start my life of debauchery!!!

Trampy

Ha ha.. thats when i am on holidays!!!!

Good luck!!!

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 01:11 PM
Trampy......

Have fun tommorrow....good luck!!! :rolleyes:

TheTramp
12th-September-2004, 04:10 PM
Trampy......

Have fun tommorrow....good luck!!! :rolleyes:

Thank you :hug: :kiss:

Trampy

drathzel
12th-September-2004, 05:19 PM
Thank you :hug: :kiss:

Trampy

oh and i hope you get your voice back in time :rolleyes:

TheTramp
13th-September-2004, 07:01 AM
oh and i hope you get your voice back in time :rolleyes:
Thank you again.

Even if everyone else on here would disagree with you!!

:flower:

Trampy

PS. I'm ignoring even the smallest hint of any sarcasm in your original post!!

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 06:27 PM
Thank you again.

Even if everyone else on here would disagree with you!!

:flower:

Trampy

PS. I'm ignoring even the smallest hint of any sarcasm in your original post!!

No sarcasm intended :hug:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 06:42 PM

Trampy
So? How was it, swanning arout with all that youth? Lots os coffee breaks and a lie down in the library. First day at school shouldn't be too bad. :wink:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 06:58 PM
So? How was it, swanning arout with all that youth? Lots os coffee breaks and a lie down in the library. First day at school shouldn't be too bad. :wink:

wouldn't it be just lovely to oh say fall asleep on your mouse mat! oh wait thats you! :yum:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 07:03 PM
wouldn't it be just lovely to oh say fall asleep on your mouse mat! oh wait thats you! :yum:
Oh, 'I don't do insults' hey. If I knew how to set up links I'd show them what you can be like. :wink:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh, 'I don't do insults' hey. If I knew how to set up links I'd show them what you can be like. :wink:

Ok i insult you but thats only because i know and i like you and i know that you like it. If you didn't you wouldn't keep coming back for more. Speaking of which, I am booking a dance for the 2nd freestyle on Tues night. I wont be there for the first! :clap: :hug:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 07:11 PM
Speaking of which, I am booking a dance for the 2nd freestyle on Tues night. I wont be there for the first! :clap: :hug:

Ok i insult you but thats only because i know and i like you and i know that you like it. If you didn't you wouldn't keep coming back for more.

Sold, one dance to you.

You realise this means war of course. And I should warm you I ply to loose :D

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:14 PM
And I should warm you I ply to loose :D

could you please explain this line to me as i cant seem to understand it my bestest buddy! :flower:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 07:28 PM
Sold, one dance to you.

You realise this means war of course. And I should warm you I ply to loose :D
Play to loose. :blush: Am assuming some kind of forfit for the looser :devil:

CJ
13th-September-2004, 07:48 PM

I'm kinda guessing here, but may I translate?!?

"play to lose" perhaps?
or is it "play too loose"?!??!!? :eek:

"forfeit for the loser" per chance?
or is it "forfeit for the looser"? In which case, what has this all got to do with Chicklet?!?!?!?!??!? :whistle:

Just checking re a different thread....

Is English the dominant (albeit not exclusive :wink: ) language used on this forum?!?

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 07:50 PM

we'll have to arrange something! :devil:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-September-2004, 08:13 PM
Is English the dominant (albeit not exclusive :wink: ) language used on this forum?!?
No - its gibberish, AS YOU WELL KNOW!! :)

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:17 PM
No - its gibberish, AS YOU WELL KNOW!! :)

Are we actually even sure that it classifies as gibberish. Its just a whole load of smell poo! See guys i am even speaking in sentences! :clap:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 08:46 PM
Wiblry nonk flust, weamd drack noblef yacflum de womp blawpst nomblumph toodle. See :flower:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 08:51 PM
Wiblry nonk flust, weamd drack noblef yacflum de womp blawpst nomblumph toodle. See :flower:

The usualy poo coming out of your mouth then B!!! Ha Ha you know that i only tease you cuz ur nice. (hint hint) Be nice back :tears:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:06 PM
The usualy poo coming out of your mouth then B!!! Ha Ha you know that i only tease you cuz ur nice. (hint hint) Be nice back :tears:
:flower: :hug: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :wink:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 09:11 PM
:flower: :hug: :hug: :kiss: :hug: :wink:

Aww thank you Baldrick. I feel complimented ( for want of a better word). However do not tell Dhanakosa as he got shouted at for complimenting me! Only cuz i dont like them!!! (compliments that is) :innocent:

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:17 PM
Aww thank you Baldrick. I feel complimented ( for want of a better word). However do not tell Dhanakosa as he got shouted at for complimenting me! Only cuz i dont like them!!! (compliments that is) :innocent:
I womf plasnik tromple wamblnkel, phumpt twankletnibteclet toomf. Dompluf trimbhtlomt qumdgelt nonk. :D :hug:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 09:21 PM
I womf plasnik tromple wamblnkel, phumpt twankletnibteclet toomf. Dompluf trimbhtlomt qumdgelt nonk. :D :hug:

Is this an actual language that you understand and if so could you teach me it please so that i can understand you!

baldrick
13th-September-2004, 09:29 PM
Is this an actual language that you understand and if so could you teach me it please so that i can understand you!
I owe so much to the great Kennth Willams and other 'light programme' comedans. My folks listened to radio 4 so I picked up a lot of comedy infulences from there. Seriously warped the way I think, I think. Them and Blackadder! :eek: :clap: :devil: :rofl:

drathzel
13th-September-2004, 10:20 PM
I owe so much to the great Kennth Willams and other 'light programme' comedans. My folks listened to radio 4 so I picked up a lot of comedy infulences from there. Seriously warped the way I think, I think. Them and Blackadder! :eek: :clap: :devil: :rofl:

I am a huge carry on fan. Although i prefer the earlier stuff! Someone told me they were going to bring out a new one. But who would they use!!! I think they should leave well enough alone! :flower:

baldrick
18th-September-2004, 12:20 PM
My fellow Forumites,
The time draws near for the great gathering. Soon from many far lands the dancers will come. To celebrate the way of MJ. To get to the meeting place, many paths will be travelled some short, some long. All to congregate at the center, come on come all.
I must now take my leave of you all. My path leads north to the mountains and rivers of the distant heights. It is my way to travel many rivers before we meet and thus I will be away from you all for seven nights.
When we meet the tales shall be told of the passings that bring us together. We all have come to our own way, the road to enlightenment is unique to the one that travels. May your journeys be smooth, the roads you travel clear and safe, your company good and cheery, your chariots steadfast and true.

Gojive
18th-September-2004, 12:26 PM
My fellow Forumites,
The time draws near for the great gathering. Soon from many far lands the dancers will come. To celebrate the way of MJ. To get to the meeting place, many paths will be travelled some short, some long. All to congregate at the center, come on come all.
I must now take my leave of you all. My path leads north to the mountains and rivers of the distant heights. It is my way to travel many rivers before we meet and thus I will be away from you all for seven nights.
When we meet the tales shall be told of the passings that bring us together. We all have come to our own way, the road to enlightenment is unique to the one that travels. May your journeys be smooth, the roads you travel clear and safe, your company good and cheery, your chariots steadfast and true.

OK, tara then :)

I'm in the middle of planning my great epic journey from Chertsey to the promised land of Perth (via Stoke-On-Trent) right now.....it's already proving to be a great test of my character and resolve!.... :eek:

drathzel
18th-September-2004, 12:35 PM
My fellow Forumites,

Have a good one. Can't wait to see you in your canoe! :hug:

drathzel
18th-September-2004, 12:37 PM
OK, tara then :)

I'm in the middle of planning my great epic journey from Chertsey to the promised land of Perth (via Stoke-On-Trent) right now.....it's already proving to be a great test of my character and resolve!.... :eek:

I'm travelling all the way from Bonnie Glasgow! I will however get lost! Its a fact. but my car passed it MOT (just) so out with the map up with the spirits and onwards to Perth! WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO :clap: :clap: :hug:

Sheepman
20th-September-2004, 12:02 PM
May your journeys be smooth, the roads you travel clear and safe, your company good and cheery, your chariots steadfast and true. And if none of that is true, let's hope you've got some great stories to tell. :wink:
Just 48 hours to go before our epic journey begins - and so much to do!

Greg

CJ
20th-September-2004, 12:24 PM
Peeps...

Am really looking forward to this.

I just want to wish everyone travelling a very safe, uneventful trip.

See ya when you get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

drathzel
20th-September-2004, 01:38 PM
Peeps...

Am really looking forward to this.

I just want to wish everyone travelling a very safe, uneventful trip.

See ya when you get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Woo hoo! Hope this is going to be a good weekend! I am so excited!!!! :yum: :clap:

under par
21st-September-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm just so jealous of all you going to BFG.
My problem is the Labour government.

They are holding a conference in Sussex and all leave cancelled for me and my mates for 2 weeks.(only just made it for Southport!!! )

Can I ask that all of you vote for any party but Labour at the next election so I can go to BFG next time....PLEEEAAASSSE!! :yeah:

drathzel
22nd-September-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm just so jealous of all you going to BFG.
My problem is the Labour government.

They are holding a conference in Sussex and all leave cancelled for me and my mates for 2 weeks.(only just made it for Southport!!! )

Can I ask that all of you vote for any party but Labour at the next election so I can go to BFG next time....PLEEEAAASSSE!! :yeah:

Tory tory tory!!!! :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-September-2004, 09:08 AM
Tory ? Does anyone vote Tory in Scotland anymore ? Vote the party with the coolest logo :)

under par
22nd-September-2004, 09:25 AM
Tory ? Does anyone vote Tory in Scotland anymore ? Vote the party with the coolest logo :)

Vote BFG....yeah :yeah: :clap:

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-September-2004, 09:36 AM
In a non-influencing, totally non-judgemental manner without reference to a preference and without wishing to impose any personal value upon any other person....

:drool: GET THE LABOUR PARTY OUT :drool:

GET THE CONSERVATIVES BACK IN

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE

Better dead than red........

....but don't take my word for it as I don't have personal experience in this area

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-September-2004, 10:06 AM
:drool: GET THE LABOUR PARTY OUT :drool:

GET THE CONSERVATIVES BACK IN

YOU KNOW ITS nonSENSE

I agree with the Lib Dems - the Tories have had their day, it'll be Lib Dems and Labour as the main two parties in the future. :)

Dance Demon
22nd-September-2004, 10:09 AM
Better dead than red........

:rofl: :rofl: ...........how long is it since the Labour party could be described as
RED.........in these modern times under Tory Blair,New Labour is a bit more THIS COLOUR...........

drathzel
22nd-September-2004, 12:37 PM

I'm from N.ireland, i vote what way i am told! :innocent:

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-September-2004, 02:36 PM
:rofl: :rofl: ...........how long is it since the Labour party could be described as
RED.........in these modern times under Tory Blair,New Labour is a bit more THIS COLOUR...........

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yeah:

Gordon J Pownall
22nd-September-2004, 02:46 PM
in these modern times under Tory Blair,New Labour is a bit more THIS COLOUR...........

Had to post this.....

Cherie Blair was driving past St James Park recently when she saw a little boy with some puppies. Spotting some good PR potential, she stopped and complimented him on them. The little boy said, "Yes, they are nice ... and they're all new labour!".

Delighted, she went home and told Tony, who was impressed. A couple of days later, he jogged past the park and saw the boy. He went up to him and said, "I hear you have some political pups here".

"Yes", said the lad, "they're Liberal!". "Oh", Blair replied, "I thought they were labour". "Well they were, but now their eyes are open...".

:cheers: :rofl: :rofl: :worthy: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

drathzel
22nd-September-2004, 03:35 PM
Had to post this.....

Cherie Blair was driving past St James Park recently when she saw a little boy with some puppies. Spotting some good PR potential, she stopped and complimented him on them. The little boy said, "Yes, they are nice ... and they're all new labour!".

Delighted, she went home and told Tony, who was impressed. A couple of days later, he jogged past the park and saw the boy. He went up to him and said, "I hear you have some political pups here".

"Yes", said the lad, "they're Liberal!". "Oh", Blair replied, "I thought they were labour". "Well they were, but now their eyes are open...".

:cheers: :rofl: :rofl: :worthy: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Very good. LMAO! :rofl:

Bardsey
23rd-September-2004, 04:14 PM
If anyone else wants a badge doing for the weekend or if you're going and don't think you're on Franck's list, can you let me know NOW cos I'm doing the badges within the next couple of hours.

filthycute
23rd-September-2004, 04:24 PM
We want badges!! :clap: we missed them at Southport

Melanie and James x x

Bardsey
23rd-September-2004, 04:28 PM
We want badges!! :clap: we missed them at Southport

Melanie and James x x

As if I'd forget you two! Yours are all done :kiss:

drathzel
23rd-September-2004, 04:37 PM
As if I'd forget you two! Yours are all done :kiss:

Can i get a pretty picture on mine? :D

Bardsey
23rd-September-2004, 04:50 PM
Can i get a pretty picture on mine? :D

Yup! Yours is done too !

Gojive
23rd-September-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm setting sail now for Perth (Via Stoke-On-Trent for the night), so see you all tomorrow evening at the hotel/venue :clap:

Pammy
23rd-September-2004, 05:18 PM
See you tomorrow. Logging off now :clap:

Bardsey
23rd-September-2004, 05:19 PM
See you tomorrow. Logging off now :clap:

See you up there, Hon :flower:

drathzel
23rd-September-2004, 09:52 PM
Yup! Yours is done too !

Thank you!!!! See you tomorrow! :clap: :hug:

Lory
24th-September-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm on my waaaaaaay! :clap: :cheers:

See you all later! :hug:

drathzel
24th-September-2004, 09:22 AM
I am packing to go and i have no idea what to bring! Help

Danielles packing list
4 pairs of jeans
7 Strappy tops
2 Jumpers
1 Cardigan
Lots of underwear
and socks
PJ's
Make up
1 nice dress
1 pair of trousers
2 dressy tops
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of saturday night shoes
1 pair of dance shoes
1 pair of other shoes
1 pair of boots
3 short sleeve t-tops
toiletries
plasters
bandages
antiseptic wash
micro pore tape
sissors

Can anyone think of anything i am missing? :hug:

CJ
24th-September-2004, 10:26 AM

Danielles packing list
4 pairs of jeans
7 Strappy tops
2 Jumpers
1 Cardigan
Lots of underwear
and socks
PJ's
Make up
1 nice dress
1 pair of trousers
2 dressy tops
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of saturday night shoes
1 pair of dance shoes
1 pair of other shoes
1 pair of boots
3 short sleeve t-tops
toiletries
plasters
bandages
antiseptic wash
micro pore tape
sissors

Can anyone think of anything i am missing? :hug:

Eyelash curlers.

Oh, and you might need one more strappy top!! :rofl:

DavidY
24th-September-2004, 10:35 AM
Can anyone think of anything i am missing? :hug:I'd probably add:
Camera
Pen and Paper/Notebook (so I can write down useful stuff from the workshops if Emma's not looking)
Chocolate

Clothing-wise I'd make sure I have enough comfortable stuff (and it can be fairly casual) for all those workshops, bearing in mind they can be quite active.

under par
24th-September-2004, 10:48 AM
Eyelash curlers.

Oh, and you might need one more strappy top!! :rofl:

and a pink TuTu, I can lend you one :whistle:

Graham
24th-September-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh no - I'm all packed because I'm going straight from work, and I've just realised I haven't brought ANY strappy tops! :really: What can I do? :wink:

CJ
24th-September-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh no - I'm all packed because I'm going straight from work, and I've just realised I haven't brought ANY strappy tops! :really: What can I do? :wink:

Chicklet'll lend you one:wink:

In fact: play your cards right, she might even give you one :what:

drathzel
24th-September-2004, 11:25 AM
I'd probably add:
Camera
Pen and Paper/Notebook (so I can write down useful stuff from the workshops if Emma's not looking)
Chocolate

Clothing-wise I'd make sure I have enough comfortable stuff (and it can be fairly casual) for all those workshops, bearing in mind they can be quite active.

Camera...check
Chocolate....check
Just need to find a notepad and pen!

CJ you might be right maybe one more strappy top!

:hug:

drathzel
24th-September-2004, 11:26 AM
and a pink TuTu, I can lend you one :whistle:

Yeahy! Heres getting worried thining that i'd be the only one without one! You are too kind!

under par
24th-September-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeahy! Heres getting worried thining that i'd be the only one without one! You are too kind!

All the really big dancers wore them at Southport :wink:

drathzel
24th-September-2004, 11:41 AM
All the really big dancers wore them at Southport :wink:

but i'm only little :tears:

Peter
24th-September-2004, 12:28 PM
I have a spare room for tonight - anyone want it?

Travelodge Perth Broxden Junction
Broxden Trunk Road Service Area,
Perth
PH2 0LP
0870 191 1751

Description: Non Smoking Family Room En Suite, Max 2 Adults 2 Children under 16, 1 Double 1 Sofa 1 Pullout
Total Cost of Room: GBP44.95