PDA

View Full Version : SW Challenge 2 July

Easter Bunny
4th-July-2004, 01:43 PM
Congratulations to Elaine & Simon on winning the South West Challenge in Bristol on Friday also to Liz & Richard and Simon and Janice for 2nd and 3rd places respectively. :cheers:

E & S were on top form and Elaine looked as glamorous as ever! :whistle:

Only a couple of disappointments about the evening - the music was a bit naff :sad: and Graham and scraped into the final but didn't get placed :sad: - not totally unexpected as we were not on as good form as the previous Saturday night at the Chipping Sodbury Dance (really enjoyed my dances with you there G).

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Weston - oooeer - it's getting rather close and the nerves are starting to creep in...

love
Lesley

Andy McGregor
4th-July-2004, 11:12 PM
Congratulations to Elaine & Simon on winning the South West Challenge in Bristol on Friday also to Liz & Richard and Simon and Janice for 2nd and 3rd places respectively. :cheers:

:clap:

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Weston - oooeer - it's getting rather close and the nerves are starting to creep in...

love
Lesley

I'm doing the comp with my wife, Sue. I've never been really nervous before a competition before: but this time...:tears:

Gordon J Pownall
5th-July-2004, 11:47 AM
:clap:

I'm doing the comp with my wife, Sue. I've never been really nervous before a competition before: but this time...:tears:

You'll be fine Andy - your performance at the JiveMasters was great to watch and as a confident dancer, I'm sure you and Sue will keep us all entertained :worthy:

What category are you entering....??? :confused:

Mind you...Urban Metro are back into rehearsal mode as well :really: we're all getting a bit twitchy again :drool:

TheTramp
5th-July-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Gordy....

Are you going to WSM??

Look forward to seeing you and Sal there then! :D :clap:

Trampy

ElaineB
5th-July-2004, 12:07 PM

E & S were on top form and Elaine looked as glamorous as ever! :whistle:

Only a couple of disappointments about the evening - the music was a bit naff :sad: and Graham and scraped into the final but didn't get placed :sad: - not totally unexpected as we were not on as good form as the previous Saturday night at the Chipping Sodbury Dance (really enjoyed my dances with you there G).

love
Lesley

That was a fabulous night!! Well done to everyone who made the final, including Nick and Lizzie, Robert and Margaret and of course, Lesley and Graham! :D :D :D

I have never seen anyone smile as much as Janice - she should have received an award for that alone!

Did you know that the very first winners were a certain Nigel and Nina!! :whistle:

Well done to the organisers as well. Re the music, I liked it, but then it is down to personal taste I suppose!

Elaine

Nick M
5th-July-2004, 03:33 PM
Well done to the organisers as well. Re the music, I liked it, but then it is down to personal taste I suppose!

I liked it too

Easter Bunny
7th-July-2004, 02:07 PM
Janice Smiling...........I'm not surprised - how jammy was that getting Simon for a partner last minute!
(not that I am complaining about my partner mind you, but to enter your first comp with a partner of Simon's standing has to be few and far between).

Easter Bunny
7th-July-2004, 02:08 PM
I liked it too

Very personal taste......felt like I was in a time warp some of the time, not very inspiring for a competition - but then as you say it is 'personal taste'

Gordon J Pownall
7th-July-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey Gordy....

Are you going to WSM??

Look forward to seeing you and Sal there then! :D :clap:

Trampy

Geyser........Sal and I would love to meet up again - it's been ermmm....weeks.... :hug: :hug:

Seriously if you are going it would be great to see you,

Just have a sae journey and don't forget your sporran... :really: