PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Barcelona Holiday

Sand Dancer
28th-June-2004, 04:51 PM
Two of us are thinking about going to Barcelona for the Ceroc holiday at the beginning of August. Is anyone out there going? Has anyone out there been on one of these before and, if so, can you recommend it?

Look forward to any responses.

Tiggerbabe
29th-June-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Sandie, I'd say go for it - the teacher is going to be Mairi (from Glasgow :clap: ) and for her demo she's got the wonderful Bill - (BTC :drool: from Aberdeen).
I've never been on one of these holidays myself but a whole host of forum people were on last year's trip to Las Palmas and had a great time :D :waycool:

Debster
29th-June-2004, 08:24 AM
I was lucky enough to go on the Barcelona holiday last year and I have to say it was the best holiday of my life!
Apart from meeting my fiance there (which is why I have to say it was the best holiday of my life ;) ), it was generally lots of good fun. Especially going out on the night of the Fiesta. I hope it incorporates this local holiday festival again this year. Dancing in the streets til 4am was unforgetable.

Another recommendation - one of my friends has been on this holiday three years in a row he has enjoyed it so much. :)

Could I get more glowing? :flower:

Lynn
29th-June-2004, 01:27 PM
Another recommendation - one of my friends has been on this holiday three years in a row he has enjoyed it so much. :)

Could I get more glowing? :flower: A friend has booked this holiday, I'll pass on these comments - she is really looking forward to it.

Rhythm King
29th-June-2004, 01:32 PM
I've done one Lindy Hop and two Ceroc hols in Spain, with Dance Holidays. Barcelona is Fan-tastic! and the classes and night life were great. In addition to teaching by the likes of Adam & Mandy Nathanson and Meg Farnsworth (oh, and Simon Selmon of course!) we also had excellent local teachers for some Salsa and Argentine Tango. There was also plenty of time off, for sightseeing, sunning and whatever. Friends of mine have done a couple of the weekend trips there too. Can't make it this year, but I would certainly go again.

Stuart
29th-June-2004, 04:50 PM
I haven't been on any of the Ceroc holidays but I have been on the Salsa weekends there. They were brilliant fun providing you were prepared to go without anything essential such as sleep!

Tiggerbabe
29th-June-2004, 05:52 PM
They were brilliant fun providing you were prepared to go without anything essential such as sleep!
Sleep? - :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chickadee
29th-June-2004, 07:24 PM
This sounds fantastic! Anyone know where to get information? Web address? I'd be greatful for any info! :flower:

Tiggerbabe
29th-June-2004, 07:27 PM
Try this (http://www.danceholidays.com/homepageholidaydetail.asp?homepageid=267&holidayid=268) :flower:

Chickadee
30th-June-2004, 09:04 PM
Try this (http://www.danceholidays.com/homepageholidaydetail.asp?homepageid=267&holidayid=268) :flower:

Thank you very much! :hug:

Lounge Lizard
30th-June-2004, 09:22 PM
I have been to one of the holidays it was great, not sure if the weekend one is value for money but the weeks holiday was really good
teaching was very fab (some dodgy scottish bloke I recall) :wink:and a very nice lady of Kent,
venues good music was iffy (but I am bound to say that) I know it has got better since tho,
accomodation........my hotel was FAR FAR away from civilised dancing and that was my only moan (and reason for not re-booking).
The whole week was really good and for some reason I won tart of the week competition, I am sure that was a mistake.
So go for it. But get a Hotel near the dance venue.

Highlight of the week.....walking up to a topless beauty on the sand (who turned out to be an american Salsa dancer) and asking her to dance with me when we were at the beach cafe....and she said yes :drool: so I worked my way round her friends....dancing that is.....Tart of the week no just being polite.
LL

Bill
7th-July-2004, 04:56 PM
Two of us are thinking about going to Barcelona for the Ceroc holiday at the beginning of August. Is anyone out there going? Has anyone out there been on one of these before and, if so, can you recommend it?

Look forward to any responses.

If you manage to get to the Galsgow party this weekend then come and have a chat (and a dance !!). It should be great fun - the Las Palmas one certainly was and the feedback from the wonderful Bill & Bex who taught there last year was really great.

Only problem is that the return flight coincides with the Scottish comp :sick: ...but should :D be a real fun ( and hot) week

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:42 PM
7th August is the day I leave work. Im taking a few weeks out before I start my new job

Maybe I should go ?

But having billy no mates out there ? Or do many go on their own or do most go in 'crowds'.

whats the nos male/female ratio like ?

stewart

stewart38
11th-July-2004, 02:48 PM
7th August is the day I leave work. Im taking a few weeks out before I start my new job

stewart

its the 5th ! not a saturday l finish my current job after 9.5yrs

Stuart
11th-July-2004, 04:23 PM
The last one I went on was a mixture of couples and single people.

Gojive
24th-August-2004, 05:45 PM
Apologies for bringing back an oldish thread, but I thought "there's a title that I need, why start a new one" :wink:

Apart from the two on here I know that went this year (Bill & Sandie), did anyone else go, who I've just not recognised by their username?

Can we post some feedback on here? :)

stewart38
30th-June-2005, 11:27 AM
Apologies for bringing back an oldish thread, but I thought "there's a title that I need, why start a new one" :wink:

Apart from the two on here I know that went this year (Bill & Sandie), did anyone else go, who I've just not recognised by their username?

Can we post some feedback on here? :)

Ok didnt go last year but again thinking this year

Anyone on forum actually go last yr ?

Gojive
30th-June-2005, 11:47 AM
Ok didnt go last year but again thinking this year

Anyone on forum actually go last yr ?

Yes, me :wink: .

The only thing I can add to the comments made above about previous years, is a negative one I'm afraid. Last year's venues and times for the evening freestyles left a lot to be desired sadly. Nevertheless, we all had a superb week. I'd go again this year, but it's fairly expensive, and I can't afford this and the Jive 'n' Cruise in January....so that cruise wins hands down :waycool:

EDIT: Oh, I should really of added another negative point from last year's Barcelona trip....Bill pointed me in the direction of a certain Ceroc Scotland forum - so you can blame him for my presence here :na:

Gill (Norwich)
25th-July-2005, 11:07 PM
Now it's getting close to this holiday can I ask if anyone form here is going?
I have booked and it would be nice to have someone to look out for. :cool:

stewart38
25th-July-2005, 11:47 PM
Now it's getting close to this holiday can I ask if anyone form here is going?
I have booked and it would be nice to have someone to look out for. :cool:

Look out for me :waycool:

Im 24 good looking and so hot on the dance floor it melts :whistle:

LMC
25th-July-2005, 11:59 PM
Look out for me :waycool:

Im 24 < snip rest as would be rude to comment :whistle: >

Only in an alternate reality

(He's a fab dancer tho' Gill so get in there)

stewart38
26th-July-2005, 12:33 AM
Only in an alternate reality

(He's a fab dancer tho' Gill so get in there)

I didnt pay her much for that, see you there :waycool:

Ive been talking about going last 20yrs thought I might as well go now :whistle: :drool:

Gill (Norwich)
26th-July-2005, 07:43 AM
Im 24 good looking and so hot on the dance floor it melts :whistle:[/QUOTE]
Well I'll have to give you a test ride, but guess I'll have to make sure I don't get burnt!!! :wink:

stewart38
26th-July-2005, 06:13 PM
[PHP]Well I'll have to give you a test ride, but guess I'll have to make sure I don't get burnt!!! :wink:

I charge £25 per ride

The local donkey £100 but I guess you no why

the choice is yours :grin:

stewart38
15th-August-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all the people who made this a fantastic holiday, I know a few ladies out there read this forum but dont contribute :sad:

Particular thanks to girl who shall go unnamed who taught me how to ask a lady for a dance and how to make her feel the centre of attention and not look at 'everything else going on around me' . It changed the whole dance/s

Quote of the week has to be from a guy who said "why the f*** would we need to remember the guys names"

For manchester lady :flower: :whistle: