PDA

View Full Version : Covering mistakes ;-)

Franck
2nd-October-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman
Maybe that's a definition of experienced dancer.......quick enough to cover up all the mistakes and keep smiling hoping anyone looking doesn't realsie it's ****-up 25 ( and that's just during 1 song :tears: ).Hehe Bill, I know the feeling... :wink:
I thought this deserved a thread of its own on coveing mistakes and recovering well from brain fuses...

As I am still practising my multiple spins, I have been working on covering the end of a treble spin which went wrong :sad: You know what I mean, looking like you meant to wobble and fall on your knees all along :really:
Alternatively slow the spin down to the beat of the music and finish with a slow rotating walk!

Any more tips you might like to share? What about you Gus, how did you recover from "throwing" Denise on the floor???

Franck.

DavidB
2nd-October-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Franck
What about you Gus, how did you recover from "throwing" Denise on the floor???The usual way of covering for a mistake is to make it look like that's what you meant to do.

Hopefully Gus will still find time for dancing when he starts his new career in the WWF.

David

PS that could be either WWF

Gus
2nd-October-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Franck

Any more tips you might like to share? What about you Gus, how did you recover from "throwing" Denise on the floor???

Franck.
With great difficulty ... too many witnesses for me to walk off and pretend it was someone else and Denise was still giggling hysterically ... drawing even more attention to her recumbant state. After you drawing attention to it once more I can safely say that I'm yet to truly recover from it and maybe I never will!:tears:

Gus
2nd-October-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
The usual way of covering for a mistake is to make it look like that's what you meant to do.

I can think of few situations that would give me the excuse of throwing a woman to the floor (though the lass who kept wrenching my injured shoulder at Chester the other night may enter that category..:reallymad )

Seriously though, when my partner and I were getting ready to compete we were having a few problems with double spins and her new shoes ... so we spent half andf hour or so working out a couple of ways for me to 'gracefully' retrieve her from the floor. Luckily, din't need this backup plan on the day.

filthycute
2nd-October-2002, 05:52 PM
The usual way of covering for a mistake is to make it look like that's what you meant to do.

Well if you can give me any tips on how to recover when you've fallen on the floor and pulled your partner on top of you, could you let me know so i can keep it for future reference and save embarrassment later on :sorry

filthycute x x

DavidB
2nd-October-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
Well if you can give me any tips on how to recover when you've fallen on the floor and pulled your partner on top of you, could you let me know so i can keep it for future reference and save embarrassment later onJust get Gus to teach the move as the advanced version of the Nantwich Catapult...

Or call it the 'horizontal expression of vertical inability'?

David

Gus
2nd-October-2002, 06:04 PM
Just get Gus to teach the move as the advanced version of the Nantwich Catapult...

David

Guys can I remind you that you're supposed to pick on FilthyCute ... NOT ME!!:reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

I can assure you that any move where I end up throwing the woman down AND ending up on top of her will be taught on a one to one basis and behind close dooes ... and NO ... this move will not be part of my upcoming "Up Close and Personal" workshop (quick plug ) ... though if interested parties would like to form an orderly queue:yum: :yum:

And Dave .. NO ... not unles you at least shave this time.

filthycute
2nd-October-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Guys can I remind you that you're supposed to pick on FilthyCute ... NOT ME!!:reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

Erm...guys? any chance you could revert back to picking on me? It makes me uneasy when Gus is really mad and there's talk of him throwing women on the ground, all in one thread. :sick:

I must go through the previous threads to find out exactly what i said to provoke such bullying :tears:

I'm only wee!! Jeez, go pick on someone yer own size :yum:

filthycute x x

filthycute
2nd-October-2002, 06:23 PM
Just get Gus to teach the move as the advanced version of the Nantwich Catapult...

Or call it the 'horizontal expression of vertical inability'?

David

I know how to get on the floor. All the guys have to do is signal for the chair, then when your partner lifts her legs, attempt to put her down. Hey presto! she decks it, taking you with her.

Wouldn't recommend this as an ideal way to meet women though :sick:

filthycute x x

Gus
2nd-October-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by filthycute

I know how to get on the floor. All the guys have to do is signal for the chair, then when your partner lifts her legs, attempt to put her down. Hey presto! she decks it, taking you with her.

Wouldn't recommend this as an ideal way to meet women though :sick:

filthycute x x

I could name a number of men for whom this would improve their chat up lines immeasurably .... Franck ... are we in danger of starying away from the hallowed land of 'on topic'?

By the way ... what is the signal for the chair??? Is it a 'ceroc' move? I've done it but can't for life of me remember where.

DavidB
2nd-October-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gus
By the way ... what is the signal for the chair??? Is it a 'ceroc' move? I've done it but can't for life of me remember where. You finish the dance, thank your partner but DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT. The quicker you turn away the better. You then walk purposefully to the side of the dance floor, whilst staring at a spot just a few inches in front of your feet. You have to be oblivious to any distractions - such as people getting in your way, or even worse, asking you to dance. If you make it to the side unscathed, you must select an available piece of furniture without attracting the attention of anyone currently there. After this signal, the lead is fairly quick - once in position you do a quick 180 degree turn (either way - it doesn't matter) bend at the knees, and stick your bum out. Then you can finally sit on the chair...

Is this the move you meant?

Gus
2nd-October-2002, 11:44 PM
You finish the dance, thank your partner but DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT. .......After this signal, the lead is fairly quick - once in position you do a quick 180 degree turn (either way - it doesn't matter) bend at the knees, and stick your bum out. Then you can finally sit on the chair...

Is this the move you meant? WAIT ... I recognise this ....... its called Southern Humour ... like a joke only not quite:p

David .... whats happening ... where is the 6 page technical assessment .... since your golf holiday you've changed. Please tell me you've not resorted to wearing plus 4's, pringle sweaters, silly shoes and permenant tartan have you??

DavidB
3rd-October-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Plesae tell me you've not resorted to wearing plus 4's, prble sweaters, silly shoes and permenant tartan have you?? I've taken up golf, not Lindy

Lou
3rd-October-2002, 03:01 PM
I know a First Move Chair. Does that count? :grin:

Be nice to me, I'm poorly!

under par
21st-December-2005, 04:41 AM
I know a First Move Chair. Does that count? :grin:

Be nice to me, I'm poorly!

Lou can you explain the first move chair :what: and are you feeling better now ??

Lou
21st-December-2005, 07:58 AM
Lou can you explain the first move chair :what:

iirc, it had something to do with the leading continuing to twirl the lady, whilst going onto one knee & then encouraging her to perch on it.

and are you feeling better now ??

Yes, thank you. Plenty of rest & recuperation since then! :na:

under par
21st-December-2005, 08:02 AM
iirc, it had something to do with the leading continuing to twirl the lady, whilst going onto one knee & then encouraging her to perch on it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, thank you. Plenty of rest & recuperation since then! :na: Ah great so pleased to hear it !:hug: :kiss:

TheTramp
21st-December-2005, 09:39 AM
Were you bored last night then Paul??? :whistle:

under par
21st-December-2005, 11:16 AM
Were you bored last night then Paul??? :whistle:

possibly:D