PDA

View Full Version : Chit Chat in the Antipodes!

Franck
24th-June-2004, 08:42 AM
Nicky and Robert are launching their own version of the Scottish Forum :wink:
If you fancy a different perspective, a chat to our Australian friends or maybe even create a hollow tree there, visit The brand new Australian Ceroc Forum here (http://www.ceroc.com.au/forum/forum.php?)

Congratulations and best wishes to the team at Ceroc and Modern Jive Dance Company (and commiserations on the lack of sleep running a forum induces :what: ) :cheers:

ChrisA
24th-June-2004, 08:59 AM
Nicky and Robert are launching their own version of the Scottish Forum :wink:
If you fancy a different perspective, a chat to our Australian friends or maybe even create a hollow tree there, visit The brand new Australian Ceroc Forum here (http://www.ceroc.com.au/forum/forum.php?)

Congratulations and best wishes to the team at Ceroc and Modern Jive Dance Company (and commiserations on the lack of sleep running a forum induces :what: ) :cheers:...... :yeah:

Had a quick look, and the first thing that struck me is that Trampy probably won't be seen there very often... cos their "Let's talk about dance" section is called:

Dance the Night Away

:whistle: :D :D

TheTramp
24th-June-2004, 09:26 AM
ACK!!! :tears:

It's like garlic to a vampire. Or dancer! :D

Trampy

Martin
24th-June-2004, 09:46 AM
ACK!!! :tears:

It's like garlic to a vampire. Or dancer! :D

Trampy

And I thought it was a safe place to chat - now open season... :tears:

Hey Trampy where is that pic? :what:

Rachel
24th-June-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh Christ, not another forum - how will I ever get any work done?!! Actually, so far, it looks to be all Ceroc Scotland forum members.

Some interesting bits, though. I would sooo love to print this out (from Robert) and display on huge posters around our venues:

'Be aware that there is a big jump between the Beginner and Intermediate classes so don't move up too early and be disappointed. Be totally confident that you are a competent and "safe" Beginner dancer before making the next step.

The Intermediate dancers in the class will expect you to be able to:
~ confidently lead or follow
~ have good balance in spins and firm tension
~ demonstrate good safe and secure technique in dips and drops
~ freestyle effortlessly and
~ be totally confident with counting the beat and keeping to the rhythm of the music.'

I'm a bit surprised they teach dips and drops in the beginners, though.

Another bit I found interesting - one of Robert's 3 golden rules for ladies' spins:

'You always spin on the foot you turn towards, ie spin to the Right on the Right foot and vice versa.'

I find this is usually the case with me, and the way we normally teach it, but it's the word 'always' that gets me.

I quite often push off my right foot to spin clockwise on my left - particularly for a Ceroc spin or other moves where spinning on my right will put me far too (dangerously) close to my partner. Wonder if I'm being technically incorrectly here???

Rachel

TheTramp
25th-June-2004, 01:39 PM
Hmmm..... So, is it me, or has this not been working all day??

Did you break it yesterday Gordy?!?! :yum:

Or have they just found a way to stop me posting?

Trampy

Lynn
25th-June-2004, 02:14 PM
Hmmm..... So, is it me, or has this not been working all day?? Just found this thread today and followed the link - I see it is a 'slight problem' - nothing major then like trying to stop you posting Trampy! :rofl:

Lory
25th-June-2004, 02:16 PM

Trampy

It's not just you!
Although I'm not sure if yours and Gordys first day of posts, which exceeded something like 300 yes 300 :eek:between the 2 of you, had something to do with it! :whistle: :D

I heard from Robert who's been pulling his hair out all day/night, trying to fix it! :(

TheTramp
25th-June-2004, 02:26 PM
Nah. We only got up to about 120 posts each. That's just 240. The rest of you must have done the other 60 posts!! :D

Trampy

Divissima
26th-June-2004, 01:55 PM
Well, the good news is that the Australian Ceroc Forum is now back up and running - poor Robert hasn't slept in two nights now, trying to sort it out.

It was not Trampy and Gordy's enormous number of inane posts that did it - the databased crash for other reasons. Unfortunately much of the data has been lost.

Congratulations to the mighty Robert for his herculean efforts to rebuild the forum :worthy: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
26th-June-2004, 02:34 PM
poor Robert hasn't slept in two nights now, trying to sort it out.
Didn't Franck warn him? :wink: :whistle:

Robert Winter
28th-June-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi All,

Just to let you know, if you have already tried, that all memberships were lost along with the rest of the database information. So although the Forum is back online, you will need to re-register.

I apologise for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Robert

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 09:54 AM
Ah. Maybe I'd better come back and give it another go then?? :D

Trampy

Robert Winter
28th-June-2004, 10:00 AM
Ah. Maybe I'd better come back and give it another go then??

Just to clear up any ambiguity. You only need to re-register if you have not been on line since 26 June 2004. If you have joined or re-joined (in you case Trampy) then your memberships is still A OK. :clap:

I was just letting people know that if they were putting their Username and Password in that they had registered before 26 June 2004 and they were getting rejected, it was that they may need to re-register, not that we don't love them. :hug:

Debster
29th-June-2004, 08:06 AM
Far out!
You turn your back to live a bit of life for a month and when you come back not only is the Scottish forum a new looking beast, but there is a new forum closer to home!! I'm glad to see the familiar characters will found in both places, or I might be too scared to come out and play!

Missing you all! :hug:

ChrisA
29th-June-2004, 08:21 AM
Missing you all! :hug:

Hey Debstar :flower:

It's not the same without you :tears:

Great to see you again here :clap:

Chris
x

Gordon J Pownall
29th-June-2004, 09:21 AM

Trampy

Wel,, over 300 posts between us in less than 3 hours - I think we might have broken it...slightly.....a little bit....