PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Jivemasters 2004

Franck
23rd-June-2004, 02:15 PM
The final line-up for the Scottish heat of the Jivemasters competition is now confirmed.
The 5 couples taking part are (in no particular order):

• Bill Foreman & Denise McGuire (Aberdeen / Dundee)
• Brady Rogers & Nicola Gritton (Glasgow)
• James Lees & Melanie Hutton (Perth / Dundee)
• Phil Payne & Sheena Assiph (Exeter / Dundee)
• John & Hazel Lusby (Dundee)

All the participants were selected because of recent competition success / placing and I am sure will provide an incredible display of dancing.
Remember, anyone at the party can be a judge and you'll get to watch each couple dance by themselves to 2 tracks (one slow one fast), a rare treat...

The competition will take place at the Glasgow monthly party in the Henry Wood Halls on Saturday 10th July.

Adam and his wife Mandy(recently featured in the Mirror Newspaper (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3140) / Cerocmetro ) will be hosting the competition and will also teach a series of workshops:

• Saturday 10th July:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Smooth as Candy with Adam & Mandy - Less bounce, more smooth.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Move a little closer. Bluesy - sexy moves and techniques.

• Sunday 11th July:
* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Morning after moves - Great moves for late nights - dancing using less energy / controlling momentum and movement.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Easy Pick-ups - Simple lifts and drops for the rest of us.

* As all the workshops above require a minimum of 6 months experience we also offer 2 alternatives on the Sunday for Beginners recent Intermediates:

* 11.00am to 1.00pm: Leading & Following for Beginners - A primer in Leading and Following technique for new dancers or anyone who would like to develop the basic skills to lead / follow better, smoother and with more clarity.
* 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Beginners + - The next step, using the Beginners moves to develop confidence, style and technique (ideal for anyone with 4 to 20 weeks experience).

As ever, you need to book early to guarantee a place at the workshops and the party will be tickets only!

Andy McGregor
28th-June-2004, 10:30 AM
Hopefully they will cheer on each couple this year ...especially the Dundee crew who have a vested interest in 7 of the 10 dancers !!!

What's going on? I was told that all of the good Scottish dancers are from Dundee :confused: :devil:

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 10:31 AM
Denise and I are meeting up on Sunday.Nothing like getting plenty of practice in eh !!!!!!!!!
YAY!!! :clap:

I won the bet!!

Several people were talking about when Bill would start saying about the lack of practise he's getting for the competition, and I said that he's start saying it about 2 weeks before the competition started!!

Trampy

Bill
28th-June-2004, 02:11 PM
YAY!!! :clap:

I won the bet!!

Several people were talking about when Bill would start saying about the lack of practise he's getting for the competition, and I said that he's start saying it about 2 weeks before the competition started!!

Trampy

Hope you put lots of money on it then :wink: I'm just taking a leaf out of the Trampy guide to comps ...... get a partner, meet then dance ! Always seems to work for you :whistle: :D 2 weeks eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

At least Denise is in Dundee. Sheena must be practising my telepathy :na:

Should be a good weekend..........and the workshops sound wonderful. And then I'm on holiday for 6 weeks :grin: :clap:

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 02:18 PM
Nah. My record this year is meet for the first time in 4 months the night before the competition with someone that I've danced with a little bit before that.

And the other one is to ask someone that I've very rarely ever danced with in the past to compete with me at 1pm on the day of the competition.....

Sheena is much closer with her choice of dance partner.... :clap:

Anyhow, best of luck (to all the competitors). I'm really going to enjoy watching!!

Trampy

Bill
28th-June-2004, 03:26 PM
And the other one is to ask someone that I've very rarely ever danced with in the past to compete with me at 1pm on the day of the competition.....

Trampy

so I need to turn up to a comp and ask someone at 2.00pm :D :whistle:

TheTramp
28th-June-2004, 03:52 PM
Ayup.

Someone you hardly know, and in the Open category of course.

Trampy

Forte
28th-June-2004, 03:53 PM
CAN'T wAIT! i LOVE WATCHING GOOD DANCING SO i AM IN FOR A REAL TREAT ON 10TH jULY. gOOD lUCK EVERYONE... :clap:

Lindsay
1st-July-2004, 05:04 PM
Great line-up of Scotland's finest dancers... good luck to all- should be a fab. night! How many of the couples get though to London - 1 or 2 ?

under par
2nd-July-2004, 12:36 AM
Great line-up of Scotland's finest dancers... good luck to all- should be a fab. night! How many of the couples get though to London - 1 or 2 ?

two i believe have gone through the other heats.

Gus
2nd-July-2004, 01:04 PM
Dont they do the little bio's anymore? I quite liked to know who was dancing ... especially this time as I've never heard of half the competitiors :sad: (except for the Scottish heat of course :clap: )

You know the thing "Marky has won the UK 2006 Championship, a keen ballroom dancer with an exciting style and is a fond lover of small furry animals ... etc etc"

TheTramp
2nd-July-2004, 01:15 PM
Adam said that he's not reading them out at the venue, because this might influence the voters (to vote for people who have already won lots). I wonder if this extends to the website too....

I'm not sure that it would actually influence people, would it??

Trampy

Dance Demon
2nd-July-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure that it would actually influence people, would it??

Trampy

i think it might sway some people....
:)

TheTramp
2nd-July-2004, 01:52 PM
To vote for a couple based on their previous results, rather than what they see when the couple dance that night??

Trampy

Dance Demon
2nd-July-2004, 02:53 PM
To vote for a couple based on their previous results, rather than what they see when the couple dance that night??

Trampy

That's what I mean,yes......
......where is this leading?.........( wheres the " curious" smiley ? )

TheTramp
2nd-July-2004, 03:29 PM
Dunno that it's leading anywhere. Gus asked why people didn't have bio's next to their names on the website this year. Was just guessing as to the reason.

Trampy

Bill
2nd-July-2004, 04:49 PM
Ayup.

Someone you hardly know, and in the Open category of course.

Trampy

erm.............. I'll leave that to you then...... :whistle: :na:

Bill
2nd-July-2004, 04:54 PM

Trampy

Doesn't that happent to some degree already ie the reputation and past results rather than what actually happens on the floor there and then ??? Wouldn't C & J and the 'top' dancers simply have to be there to more or less be assured of a place in the final ? No disrespect to C&J - they win because they dance so well but reputaiton and past results must have some influence.

or am I being too cynical ?

TheTramp
2nd-July-2004, 05:45 PM
I think that it does happen, yes.

I don't know that it would make any difference if bio's were on the website, or read out as an introduction though....

Trampy

cerocmetro
5th-July-2004, 05:17 PM
Hello all you lovely people in Scotland. We are sooooo looking forward to this weekend dancing with some of my fav dancers on this planet.

I am also looking forward to the workshops having only just found out what I am teaching. Sounds like fun but definitely requires a good party saturday before and after the dance. "Morning after moves"? Sounds very dodgy and Frank has given us a nice challenge for this one.

My personal fav of the weekend is the smooth as Candy one. We have done this workshop twice now,developing it each time and it has had great feedback. I think Andy did it the first time then we did it at MJC8. If anyone out there did it and thought it was good, let them know. If you didn't like it do you mind just making a cup of tea for now.

Oh so much to say so little time. Who is going to Bristol, we are entering our team and I heard you guys pulled out once you heard we were, is this true Sheena? :devil: :devil: :rofl:

Looking forward to the JiveMAsters on Saturday. I understand you have some great entries. Yes top two go through.

For this first time on a trip to Scotland Mandy is not pregnant so finally she will be able to enjoy dancing with all you boys in skirts.

See you Saturday or is there a dance Friday night anywhere we should know about and if there is can anyone take us :flower:

Adam

TheTramp
5th-July-2004, 05:33 PM
You mean that I'm going to have the pleasure of seeing you 2 weekends in a row?!?

Such joy!! :whistle:

Trampy

cerocmetro
5th-July-2004, 05:38 PM
You mean that I'm going to have the pleasure of seeing you 2 weekends in a row?!?

Such joy!! :whistle:

Trampy

Matey the honour is all mine :cheers:

Is there a team from Scotland, I heard there was?

Adam

TheTramp
5th-July-2004, 05:39 PM
Nah. Not that I know of.

Never been any intention to take a team from Scotland down that I've heard. It's a bit of a distance, and rather a lot of dosh to get there from up here :tears:

Look forward to seeing you this weekend first....!

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
5th-July-2004, 07:38 PM
I heard you guys pulled out once you heard we were, is this true Sheena? :devil: :devil: :rofl:

Tee hee hee, as if!!!!

See you on Saturday, you sexy ceroc teacher you :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:
Do you have 7 seconds you could spare me? :wink:

cerocmetro
6th-July-2004, 01:00 AM
Tee hee hee, as if!!!!

See you on Saturday, you sexy ceroc teacher you :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:
Do you have 7 seconds you could spare me? :wink:

It's amazing what a Ceroc teacher can do in 7 seconds :whistle:
I look forward to it :yum:

Oh and good luck :clap: :clap: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
6th-July-2004, 08:20 AM

*sigh* :innocent: :D

Gordon J Pownall
6th-July-2004, 09:29 AM

Can I just add a word of caution / warning / DANGER... :really: :really:

If you have read the recent newspaper article in the Mirror, you will know that as a Ceroc teacher, Adam is a 'babe magnet'... :worthy:

...as such, please be careful that you...'don't fall in love with him...' :blush: during the weekend..I can't cover anymore classes should he not return. :whistle:

I can't...no really...I'm doing four nights a week now.... :tears:

No doubt though, with the likes of Sheena, Lorna etc.etc. Adam will take to wearing a skirt whilst surrounded by Scottish babes (all of whom will be in love with him...) :wink:, peeling him grapes and liberally rubbing him down with smoked kelpies or kippers. :what: ....

Please send him back in one piece.....

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 10:07 AM

Oh and good luck :clap: :clap: :hug:

"Will you marry me?" - takes less than 7 seconds:devil:

How about "Will you marry me? Oh and do you mind having your photograph plastered across 3 pages in the Daily Mirror?" takes about 7 seconds if you don't speak too fast but have some fancy footwork:whistle:

cerocmetro
6th-July-2004, 10:46 AM
"Will you marry me?" - takes less than 7 seconds:devil:

How about "Will you marry me? Oh and do you mind having your photograph plastered across 3 pages in the Daily Mirror?" takes about 7 seconds if you don't speak too fast but have some fancy footwork:whistle:

Actually Andy, Hello wanted to be at the wedding, but were not prepared to pay the 20 quid we were demanding. :rofl:

Also there was a funny story to that, my mum, luv her, was very upset when she found out I was going to get married in a sarong. She thought i might regret it and would not want people to see my wedding pics :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gadget
6th-July-2004, 12:28 PM
What sarong with that?

{sorry}

xSalsa_Angelx
6th-July-2004, 01:39 PM
What sarong with that?

{sorry}

:rofl: gadget that is terrible :rofl:

Oh and Adam, nothing wrong with wearing a sarong to get married in, if its good enough for David Beckam then its good enough for Ceroc Metro's Babe Magnet :drool:

TheTramp
6th-July-2004, 01:45 PM
Maybe that's the problem.

Maybe his mother thought that he was turning into David Beckham??? :fear:

Trampy

Andy McGregor
6th-July-2004, 02:14 PM
What sarong with that?

{sorry}

You should set up a comedy writing team with Plankton :eek:

Tiggerbabe
10th-July-2004, 02:20 AM
Good luck to everyone taking part tonight - :hug: :hug:

and a special thankyou to Phil - for flying all the way up here to dance with me :kiss:

CJ
10th-July-2004, 02:36 AM
You should set up a comedy writing team with Plankton :eek:

Leave him alone...

I thought it was his spelling :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
11th-July-2004, 12:32 AM
Anyone know the results yet...???? :yum:

Dance Demon
11th-July-2004, 02:23 AM
Very close competition, and everyone was great. going through to the finals are Bill Foreman & Denise McGuire, and James Lees & Melanie Hutton. Commiserations to all the other couples, who were all fab. Shame only two couples can go through. thought the music for the comp was great, especially ABC of love......Nice to see Adam & Mandy north of the border again :waycool: ........Great night, great music & some lovely dances. Nice to finally meet Sparkles :flower:

TheTramp
11th-July-2004, 12:03 PM
Great night of dancing. Some great tunes.

Well done to all 5 couples - Bill & Denise were great. Mel & James did very well - especially considering that they had to dance to ABC of Love ( :what: ). Special mention must go to John & Hazel, who not only danced out of their skins, but were also the couple that really looked like they were having fun and enjoying themselves. And that's what it's all about really.....

I thought that it was nice to meet Sparkles too! :wink:

Trampy

Sparkles
11th-July-2004, 01:40 PM
What a brilliant night - well done to everyone who took part, I thoroughly enjoyed watching you all! :kiss:
It was so nice to meet so many forumites and to dance with you all too :flower: - Sheena, we'll have to get some more sexy moves sorted out for next time :wink:
S. x

filthycute
11th-July-2004, 02:44 PM
Well done to everyone last night..... :clap:
We watched the video this morning and you all looked fantastic!!!! :D
I just wanted to mention that although we were thoroughly chuffed at getting through to the final, unfortunately we won't be going. I'm not sure who will be joining Bill and Denise, but Franck or Adam should be able to tell you all in due course.

Congrats to Bill and Denise...........Oh yeah baby!!!!!!

Melanie and James x x

Tiggerbabe
11th-July-2004, 09:51 PM
Sheena, we'll have to get some more sexy moves sorted out for next time :wink:
S. x
Learned a few more at Adam and Mandy's workshops today - :wink: :whistle: Wendy and I tried them out :yum:
Was great to meet you Sarah and thankyou very much for the dances - looking forward to seeing you again at the BFG :hug:

Tiggerbabe
11th-July-2004, 10:22 PM
Well done James, Melanie, Bill and Denise - you were amazing! :hug: :clap:

Sparkles
11th-July-2004, 10:30 PM
Learned a few more at Adam and Mandy's workshops today - :wink: :whistle:

Will you teach them to me when I see you next, please...?

Tiggerbabe
11th-July-2004, 11:13 PM
Will you teach them to me when I see you next, please...?
My pleasure :wink:

Bill
12th-July-2004, 12:16 AM
Think if there was a category for biggest grin of the comp then Hazel would have scored 5 out of 5 !!!! :D And John just looked so cool....... is he used to women looking so happy - and so sexy- dancing round him ??????? :whistle: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
12th-July-2004, 12:21 AM
is he used to women looking so happy - and so sexy- dancing round him ??????? :whistle: :wink:
Course he is :nice: he dances in Dundee :wink:

Kay
12th-July-2004, 07:40 AM
Congratulations Bill, Denise, James and Mel :clap: you were fantastic, although all the couples danced so well. You all looked like you were enjoying yourselves - if you were nervous, it certainly didn't show. :worthy: Well done Adam and Mandy for another four great workshops - some really smooth moves. :waycool: Great party too - thanks guys for all my dances. All in all a fantastic weekend! :cheers:

CJ
12th-July-2004, 11:58 AM
Can I just add that I thought the atmosphere amongst the "competitors" was absolutely incredible.

I watched as they supported, cajoled and uplifted each other before, during and after the dance off. You would never guess, by looking at this group of people, that they were competing against each other.

It was truly inspirational to see, and I thank you all for that as much as for some tremendous dancing.

(Luvvieness over: normal sarccie git is back in the building!!)

Congratulations to you all.

Forte
12th-July-2004, 12:13 PM
I had a wonderful time at the comp. Lots of lovely dances and Sparkles - what another good female lead! I am going to get myself into a beginners class as a man soon :really: and learn to lead , too!!!
The competition was a joy to watch. Nicola and Brady did some amazing lifts. Hazel and John had style, chemistry and pzazz that someone should bottle and sell! Sheena and Phil were smooth, sexy and were the best dressed. Mel and James were slick and smooth whilst Denise and Bill were awesome. I never knew I could have so much fun NOT dancing at a ceroc evening. :wink:
You guys were worth the ticket price alone and I hope you are all going to do something at the Scottish showcase.
And talking of not dancing - a big thank you to everyone who said hello to my non dancing other half who came along to see the comp. He was made to feel very welcome and it may take at least six months more but I will get him to a beginners class one of these days. He has started saying "not yet" i8nstead of a flat outright "no". :clap:

Rachel
12th-July-2004, 12:30 PM
I never knew I could have so much fun NOT dancing at a ceroc evening. :wink: :yeah: I sooo wish I could have been there to see ... Sounds amazing. Congratulations to everyone involved!!!
R.

Monika
12th-July-2004, 01:53 PM
The competition was a joy to watch. Nicola and Brady did some amazing lifts. Hazel and John had style, chemistry and pzazz that someone should bottle and sell! Sheena and Phil were smooth, sexy and were the best dressed. Mel and James were slick and smooth whilst Denise and Bill were awesome".
:yeah:
...totally agree with your comments Forte - fantastic to watch all couples - different styles, but all great. Thought Nic & Brady did some impressive moves. Bill & Denise: Respect! Hazel & John - if that chemistry could be bought somewhere I think we'd all queue up for some... In general a great atmosphere with audience cheering on everyone and competitors supporting eachother in the true Scottish manner.
:) :flower: :hug:
Mon :)

Dave Hancock
12th-July-2004, 03:22 PM
Would also like to add my congratulations to all the competitors on Saturday night. It was a joy to watch and so hard to judge as there were so many different and entertaining aspects to each and every couple.

All the best to Bill & Denise and James & Mel when you go down south and I know you guys will do Scotland proud. :nice:

Sandy
12th-July-2004, 04:22 PM
Well done James, Melanie, Bill and Denise - you were amazing! :hug: :clap:

Well done from me too! I didn't get a chance to see you but heard that you were all absolutely fabulous! Bill and Denise I heard some of your moves were breathtaking! I did see you practice on Thursday night and thought wow then!

Brill, well done! :clap:

Sandy x

filthycute
12th-July-2004, 07:06 PM
All the best to Bill & Denise and James & Mel when you go down south and I know you guys will do Scotland proud. :nice:

Sorry Dave, you must have missed this on page 2...

I just wanted to mention that although we were thoroughly chuffed at getting through to the final, unfortunately we won't be going. I'm not sure who will be joining Bill and Denise, but Franck or Adam should be able to tell you all in due course.

filthycute x x

cerocmetro
13th-July-2004, 01:29 AM
Just like to say that Mandy and I had a totally awesome time in Glasgow at the weekend. the workshops were great fun to teach and the Jivemasters night was simply brilliant.
A huge well done to Bill & Denise and James & Mel :cheers: :worthy:

Also a massive congratulations to all the competitors who made it a superb competition :worthy: :worthy:

I will definitely be coming up for BFG, just getting flights arranged. Anyone got a spare bit of floor, it only needs to be 5'7.5" long :whistle:

And Robert, if you are ever down south please let me know and we would love you to do some DJ'ing you played some wicked tunes. It kept Mandy happy and that has to be worth some major respect :worthy:

Adam

cerocmetro
13th-July-2004, 01:34 AM
Sorry Dave, you must have missed this on page 2...

filthycute x x

Doh! missed this. I am really upset that James & Mel won't be able to make the finals. :sad: I have not had confirmation yet from them or Franck. I did tell one couple that they came third and if the above is correct then we would like to invite them down to the finals.

I will dicuss this with Franck tomorrow and we will then make what ever announcement is appropriate.

Adam

Franck
15th-July-2004, 09:59 AM
Just like to say that Mandy and I had a totally awesome time in Glasgow at the weekend. the workshops were great fun to teach and the Jivemasters night was simply brilliant.
A huge well done to Bill & Denise and James & Mel :cheers: :worthy:

Also a massive congratulations to all the competitors who made it a superb competition :worthy:

I will definitely be coming up for BFG, just getting flights arranged.Wow, what a week-end! :clap:
Probably the best week-end ever in Glasgow, everyone was there, the atmosphere was incredible and the fun, excitement never stopped... :nice:

Saturday's workshops were fantastic, and Adam and Mandy once again demonstrated why I keep inviting them back, flawless teaching, entertaining style, loads of new ideas, concepts, and simply the sexiest workshops I've ever done, what a day :D
In the 'Move a little closer' workshop, none of the moves were sleazy, proving that you can teach Blues / sexy dancing without going over the top, but the overall effect was electric...
The Smooth as Candy workshop, had a lot to live up to (with such a cheesy title) and delivered. You could see everyone progressing on the day, and those of you I saw during the week, really seem to have got it, a much smoother style of dancing, awareness of your partner's momentum, a more relaxed approach to the moves allowing for more flexibility in the timing which was great for musical interpretation
Sunday morning included a more relaxed set of moves in a routine designed to appear effortless (whilst still hard work :wink: ). The moves mad us work on our balance, awareness of our partners and gave us many new stylish ideas (and for me, loads of new teaching ideas :D ).
The 'Easy pick-ups' workshop was breathtaking, and while some of the moves probably weren't as easy as that, they all looked incredible, definitely a must for anyone considering a competition or a showcase!
Adam and Mandy really emphasized the safety of both dancers, but not in a theoretical way, taking time to demonstrate and to explain all the principles behind successful lifts & drops. Balance, support, A frame, tension, leading / following, timing... All this and many style points to add before, during and on the exit of moves! Respect! :worthy:

The Saturday party was incredible, the hall was buzzing, the music was spot on, and what a plethora of great dancers... I don't think I managed to sit down all night, and would like to thank everyone of you who asked me for a dance, you made my night!
The Jivemasters competition was fantastic, and provided a great focus point in the night. Well done to everyone who competed on the night, I know from experience the pressure you are put under, and once again would like to thank you for putting on such an effort. Costumes, moves and connections made for a breathtaking display of dancing, and certainly made me very proud of the dancers we have in Scotland! :worthy:

So there it is, a long post, can't wait for the next few events now... The Scottish Champs in August, and of course the BFG in September!

Chicklet
15th-July-2004, 10:25 AM
Frankie baby, might there be a little teensie weensie bit of information accidentally left out of your post what (sic) we are all gagging to hear?????????? :kiss:

Franck
15th-July-2004, 11:08 AM
Frankie baby, might there be a little teensie weensie bit of information accidentally left out of your post what (sic) we are all gagging to hear?????????? :kiss:Not sure what you meant there... I forgot to mention your dress though :wink:

If you mean the Jivemasters finalists, I have spoken to Adam and we are looking at the situation. Nothing will be announced / decided until I have spoken to all the competitors (especially James and Melanie).

Forte
16th-July-2004, 10:18 AM
Not sure what you meant there... I forgot to mention your dress though :wink:

).

Absolutely! A stunning number ! And the hair! Perfection! Told you so on the night, didn't I! :flower: