PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Gus

DavidB
1st-October-2002, 12:10 AM
Happy Birthday Gus...

...but you will probably play Devil's Advocate and suggest that birthdays should not be celebrated.

Gus
1st-October-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Happy Birthday Gus...

...but you will probably play Devil's Advocate and suggest that birthdays should not be celebrated.

Au contraire my young sparring partner,

yet another year of succesfully fending off the approach of maturity and another 12 months to learn new moves, style points, musical wonders .... and forget them all.

As I now leave my twenties behind (who is he trying to kid???), I look forward to dressing and acting in a manner more befitting my age ...... OK, so I lie, the famous orange trousers will appear when you least expect them.

More importantly, many thanks for being the first to congratulate me on behalf of my mother's efforts.

filthycute
1st-October-2002, 02:11 AM
Happy Birthday Craig :D

Have a t'rific day. Your only ?1 once.....

Enjoy :D

Lv

Mx

Emma
1st-October-2002, 02:15 PM
Happy Birthday!

Franck
1st-October-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus
yet another year of succesfully fending off the approach of maturity and another 12 months to learn new moves, style points, musical wonders .... and forget them all.This seems to me like a great philosophy for life :wink:

Have a great one, but don't exhaust yourself too much, you'll need your wits for the Ceroc Comp.

Franck.

P.S. Nobody posted about your visit on Saturday in Edinburgh??? Was it that good? or is everyone sworn to secrecy!!! :nice:

Gus
1st-October-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Franck
P.S. Nobody posted about your visit on Saturday in Edinburgh??? Was it that good? or is everyone sworn to secrecy!!! :nice: Whether it was good is for others to comment (kindly please) ... I know I sure had a great if tiring night.

Whether good or not it was cetainly entertaining.

First move of the night resulted in me 'throwing' my pqartner to the floor:tears: . OK, sounds a bit worse than it was ... the lovely Denise was keen to try out her new dance shoes, so I walked her onto the (then) empty floor .... simple flick spin and she executed 4 or 5 brilliant spins ... before overbalancing and ending up flat on her back ..... not my best start to a night!

It would appear that the scottish debut of the orange trousers did create a stir ... though I've had little direct feedback ... other than Denise's rather strange fascination (honour demands that I say no more) .... as did the subsequent flashing light trousers ... at least it took attention from my dancing.

As for the dancing ... fantastic ... great standard ... lots of people seemed to have traveled from differnt clubs ... first time I've danced from 9 through to 1am ... and boy do my legs know about it.

Can't wait for the Championship party and freestyle!

Franck
1st-October-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Gus
First move of the night resulted in me 'throwing' my pqartner to the floor:tears: . OK, sounds a bit worse than it was ... the lovely Denise was keen to try out her new dance shoes, so I walked her onto the (then) empty floor .... simple flick spin and she executed 4 or 5 brilliant spins ... before overbalancing and ending up flat on her back ..... not my best start to a night!

/SNIP/

It would appear that the scottish debut of the orange trousers did create a stir ... though I've had little direct feedback ... other than Denise's rather strange fascination (honour demands that I say no more) .... I wonder if the strange fascination you mention was a direct result of the fall Denise suffered! Shock can do funny things I believe... :D
as did the subsequent flashing light trousers ... at least it took attention from my dancing. Now you are really intriguing me??? Flashing trousers? :really: What was it exactly they were flashing :wink: :sorry
Or do they flash when your partner gets into a Nantwich Catapult (or simply too close)?

The mind (as ever) boggles :nice:

Anyway, it sounds like you had a great night, sorry I missed it.

Franck.

Gus
1st-October-2002, 04:00 PM
Now you are really intriguing me??? Flashing trousers? :really: What was it exactly they were flashing :wink: :sorry Well ... all I can say is that a few ladies helped me with the flashing bit ... for reason they found it interesting .... little tjings amuse little minds apparently:sick:

Or do they flash when your partner gets into a Nantwich Catapult (or simply too close)?As Heather will bear testament to, I demonstrated a catapult by the (Ceroc) book and my prediction of inappropraite contast was correct ... though I had to demonstrate a number of times to prove my point!

Franck
1st-October-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus
As Heather will bear testament to, I demonstrated a catapult by the (Ceroc) book and my prediction of inappropraite contast was correct ... though I had to demonstrate a number of times to prove my point!I would like to dispute that. I have been teaching the Catapult as per the Ceroc book for the last 10 years, and not once have I made inapropriate contact! :really: , so unless your arms are shorter than mine, one of us is doing an (interesting) variation! :nice: :devil:

Franck.

Gus
1st-October-2002, 05:26 PM
I would like to dispute that. I have been teaching the Catapult as per the Ceroc book for the last 10 years, and not once have I made inapropriate contact! :really: , so unless your arms are shorter than mine, one of us is doing an (interesting) variation! :nice: :devil:

Franck.

Per Beat 4 "Men, step back extending your left arm to the ladies (far) hip ....... Ladies step forward". When I was taught this move at this point is was emphasised that you should be side to side ..... from this position, if the mans arm is at ladies waist level then the back of his arm is across the woman's chest .... this was the discussion that me and Cliff had when I did my Beginners Cerocshop course.

OF COURSE in practice the guys tend to have their arm further in front and have often not stepped back as far ... so the 'inappropraiteness' doesn't happen ... but the if you take the words verbatim .....

Tiggerbabe
1st-October-2002, 06:38 PM
Happy birthday Gus!

Many thanks for the dance on Saturday - a bit disappointed to only have one but I shall make up for it at the competition by pursuing you relentlessly until you dance with me at least 4 or 5 times.

I should have realised from your fantastic dress sense and your ability to see ( and lead ) both sides of the argument that you were another Libran.

Have a great night!

Are you going to tell us how you're celebrating or is that a closely guarded secret?

:cheers:
Sheena x

filthycute
1st-October-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

Are you going to tell us how you're celebrating or is that a closely guarded secret?

:cheers:
Sheena x

P.S. Nobody posted about your visit on Saturday in Edinburgh??? Was it that good? or is everyone sworn to secrecy!!!

There's an awful lot of secrecy going on in 'ere. Is there something that somebody's not telling me? Or perhaps i unwittingly know something and am just too dense to realise :sick:

Personally i was never sworn to secrecy about events which might have (allegedly) occurred on Saturday evening and would be more than happy to share these with the forum.....

...For a hefty payment :wink:

filthycute x x

Bill
2nd-October-2002, 10:38 AM
Happy birthday to you.......happy birthday to you.............:D

You think dancing from 9.00 - 1.00 is tiring at your young age... wait till you reach the advanced years of moi :sick: :rolleyes: A young man like you....should be dancing till dawn and then asking for more.

Funnily enough I'm still waiting for maturity to arrive as well. Always wondered what it would be like to be a grown up !:p

And I'm not sure if I'll follow your lead by throwing women onto the floor. I thought the orange trousers were enough to get you noticed but throwing poor Denise all ove the place - though oddly she didn't seem to mind :wink:

So a warning to all the women I dance with be prepared to thrown to the floor a la Gus & Denise...........I always like trying new moves:yum:

oh........and happy birthday again. Look forward to seeing you down south soon.

Dancing Veela
2nd-October-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman

So a warning to all the women I dance with be prepared to thrown to the floor a la Gus & Denise...........I always like trying new moves:yum:

Bill - you can TRY to throw me to the floor but be prepared for what might happen next!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Lou
3rd-October-2002, 03:02 PM
Sorry! Happy belated birthday! :nice:

Bill
3rd-October-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Bill - you can TRY to throw me to the floor but be prepared for what might happen next!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Goodness.......................:confused: :wink: :yum: not sure what to say to that......... will I try it and find out ??????

next time I see you Veela I might just try......but be gentle with me as I'm really a very gentle and fragile thing :innocent: :wink:

Alfie
3rd-October-2002, 06:08 PM
:grin: Happy Birthday,:grin:
Hope you have a great day, See you this weekend when you are spinning the discs.
Alfie:D