PDA

View Full Version : Scrambled eggs and Smoked Salmon

Gus
18th-June-2004, 11:38 AM
Last time I was up in the fair city , me and my baby bro dined on the most superb scrambled eggs and smoked salmon at a great little Italian cafe-bar. My attempts to emulate this culinary nirvana have so far been disappointing in the extreme. Does anyone possess the 'ultimate' recipe?

Chicklet
18th-June-2004, 12:08 PM
use only the teensy weensyest little drop of milk in the eggs and a shocking amount of pepper, have heard tell of adding a squirt of lemon juice and / or a bit of mozarella to make it all nice n sticky.

Lynn
18th-June-2004, 12:50 PM
Last time I was up in the fair city , me and my baby bro dined on the most superb scrambled eggs and smoked salmon at a great little Italian cafe-bar. My attempts to emulate this culinary nirvana have so far been disappointing in the extreme. Does anyone possess the 'ultimate' recipe?

That is just making me sooo hungry... sounds yummy... No pointers how to cook it though. Sorry.

Gordon J Pownall
18th-June-2004, 01:16 PM
Mix your eggs with fresh cream (one teaspoon of fresh double cream per egg), salt and black (freshly ground) pepper and a teaspoon of butter and a small dash of paprika.

Cook the eggs in a frying pan very slowly and at the point at which it all becomes lumpy, add your shredded smoked salmon and turn off the heat (so that the salmon is warmed, not cooked - so it should remain bright pink, not turn pale).

Add freshly chopped parsley or chives sprinkled over the top and serve.

I prefer to put the mixture onto warmed buttered tortillas and roll them up with the egss / salmon inside.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gus
18th-June-2004, 02:00 PM
Mix your eggs with fresh cream (one teaspoon of fresh double cream per egg), salt and black (freshly ground) pepper and a teaspoon of butter and a small dash of paprika..........and serve.

Thanks pal ..... prayer answered.

NOW all I need is some foxy babe to cook it for me and serve up for breakfast:wink:

Gordon J Pownall
18th-June-2004, 02:04 PM
Hello Baby,

Seriously if all else fails, you can ask Andy McG if he can dress up for you and follow the recipe above :what: It would be a very good second option.... :sick:

NB...Are you going to Stockport tomorrow ???

If so, Sal and I will see you there..... :cheers:

Flash
18th-June-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks pal ..... prayer answered.

NOW all I need is some foxy babe to cook it for me and serve up for breakfast:wink:
Where's foxy lady?

foxylady
18th-June-2004, 02:31 PM
Where's foxy lady?

Down south !!!

Not having met Gus, no idea if I'm his idea of a foxy babe or not ? but I love being served breakfast in bed by scantily clad men :wink:

Gordon J Pownall
18th-June-2004, 02:37 PM
I know a good recipe for Scambled eggs and smoked salmon - I could also borrow a thong of Andy McG....then again, maybe I'll get my own one.... :really:

Gus
18th-June-2004, 03:02 PM
Down south !!!

Not having met Gus, no idea if I'm his idea of a foxy babe or not ? but I love being served breakfast in bed by scantily clad men :wink:
What could you possibly do with more than one man and breakfast.:confused:

Gordon J Pownall
18th-June-2004, 03:06 PM
Gus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

NB...Are you going to Stockport tomorrow ???

If so, Sal and I will see you there..... :cheers:

foxylady
18th-June-2004, 05:51 PM
What could you possibly do with more than one man and breakfast.:confused:

I could think of a number of things, but I'd need a few drinks to make them public !! :rofl:

philsmove
19th-June-2004, 10:29 AM
The best Scrambled eggs and Smoked Salmon is made by Betty’s in Harrogate and you are in luck they run a cookery school

The http://www.bettyscookeryschool.co.uk/frame.asp