PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Dales

ElaineB
14th-June-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm coming up that way for a holiday sometime soon. Anyone know if there are any LeRoc/Ce Roc/MJ :wink: dances in that area - if not in the Dales, where would the nearest venue be and at what level?

Looking forward to suggestions........

Elaine

Nick M
15th-June-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi Elaine

have a look at www.salsajive.com - it contains a listing of all the dance classes inthe UK. Phone before you go though, in case the listing is out of date

Reklaw
15th-June-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi Elaine

The Dales themselves are a bit sparse when it comes to jive venues. The nearest depends which part of the Dales your going to, if it's the North then the nearest is probably Ceroc-Middlesbrough (details on www.ceroc-middlesbrough.co.uk) or Harrogate (see www.dance-ceroc.com). You'll be welcome at either.

Regards
Mike (Franchisee, Ceroc-Middlesbrough)

Sheepman
15th-June-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi Elaine,
We had a wonderful holiday in the Dales a couple of years ago. Great walking, great food and hospitality, but no dancing :what:
We stayed in a small village (West Burton?) on the Saturday night, and wandered into the village hall, available for hire for about £20, good wooden floor, and thought "if only we had half a dozen dancers and a ghettoblaster" then we went to the pub . . .

Let me know if you want any recommendations for walks with spectacular scenery.

Greg

ElaineB
15th-June-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi Elaine

The Dales themselves are a bit sparse when it comes to jive venues. The nearest depends which part of the Dales your going to, if it's the North then the nearest is probably Ceroc-Middlesbrough (details on www.ceroc-middlesbrough.co.uk) or Harrogate (see www.dance-ceroc.com). You'll be welcome at either.

Regards
Mike (Franchisee, Ceroc-Middlesbrough)

We will be in West Burton, so I think Harrogate will be the nearest venue. Just tired the www.dance-ceroc.com link and don't seem to be able to connect, so I'll keep trying. But, if we decide to travel a bit further, which one would hold the more 'Advanced' classes and on which night?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on web sites - I will have a look at all of them.

Sheepman - we obviously both have very good taste! I have been to West Burton twice before, but pre-dancing days. It is a beautiful place!! Hope the Pub now sells Old Peculier!

Elaine :flower: :kiss:

Reklaw
16th-June-2004, 08:22 AM
We will be in West Burton, so I think Harrogate will be the nearest venue.

But, if we decide to travel a bit further, which one would hold the more 'Advanced' classes and on which night?

Elaine :flower: :kiss:Harrogate is 8 miles nearer :sad: However, to try to tempt you to Middlesbrough we have a "Challenging Tuesday" on the first Tuesday of the month with moves that are a bit more... well er... challenging :)

If we don't see you have a good holiday anyway.

Mike

Sheepman
16th-June-2004, 11:32 AM
Hope the Pub now sells Old Peculier! I can't remember a thing, apart from the fact that I drank too much! :yum: :sick:

Have a great holiday, see you in Weston. :kiss:

Greg

Minnie M
16th-June-2004, 11:36 AM
Hi Elaine

have a look at www.salsajive.com - it contains a listing of all the dance classes inthe UK. Phone before you go though, in case the listing is out of date

Unfortunately some classes are very much out of date - such a shame, but understand how hard it is to keep them current - I have left my list to telephone numbers only - your best list I would think would be John Sweeneys and check first

When you coming to Brighton Elaine ?

ElaineB
16th-June-2004, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately some classes are very much out of date - such a shame, but understand how hard it is to keep them current - I have left my list to telephone numbers only - your best list I would think would be John Sweeneys and check first

When you coming to Brighton Elaine ?

We will be coming to the competition in Brighton and are really looking forward to it. Didn't get there last year (exams - sheesh!), but the comments from the Bristol/Welsh contingent were very complimentry, so we have that one on our list.

Would love to get to Scotland as well, but I think the time (Simon and I are enterting three in the South West in July!) and finances involved may stop us this year.

Thanks very much for the feed-back!! We will try to get to Harrogate and Middlesborough - depending on the weather and beer of course! :wink: :waycool:

Elaine

Bill
16th-June-2004, 04:47 PM
Hope the Pub now sells Old Peculier!

My favourite beer :cheers: mind you a couple of old peculiars ( as oppossed to old gits :whistle: ) and I need a lie down !

Have you tried the Blitz website. The lovely Helen teaches in Leeds and there's a few other nights on but my geography is a bit dodgy so not sure how far everything is from each other.

Might go buy a couple of bottles on way home..... but demo-ing tonight. Wondr if anyone would notice the diffference ?? :D
Pity you can't make it to Scotland on your trip. But hope to see you soon.

:flower:

ElaineB
16th-June-2004, 06:06 PM
My favourite beer :cheers: mind you a couple of old peculiars ( as oppossed to old gits :whistle: ) and I need a lie down !

Have you tried the Blitz website. The lovely Helen teaches in Leeds and there's a few other nights on but my geography is a bit dodgy so not sure how far everything is from each other.

Might go buy a couple of bottles on way home..... but demo-ing tonight. Wondr if anyone would notice the diffference ?? :D
Pity you can't make it to Scotland on your trip. But hope to see you soon.

:flower:

Ah, wasn't sure of the spelling of my favourite brew - always a bit bleary eyed after a half pint or two!!

So, I should add Leeds as well now? Not sure if I will get to see any of the Dales at all!!

Yep, looks as though Scotland may be that mile too far, but you never know! :wink:

Bill
17th-June-2004, 10:38 AM
Popped in to the off licence on way home and they had a special offer on :cheers: ..............4 Old Peculiars for £5. Thought he had made a mistake.

Enjoy the dales and the dancing :D