PDA

View Full Version : Barbican demo

Gareth
13th-June-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi Guys,
Jill & I have been asked to demonstrate (for free) at a summer fete in the Grounds of the Barbican, London. This is a fund raiser for the residents of the Barbican.

This will be happening in the Saturday afternoon, 19th June 2004. Apparently they are hiring a temporary floor for us.

If there are any LeRoc classes out there that would like to support us, please contact me. We`d be happy to publicise those classes. :grin:

So If you find yourselves at a loose end please come along.

Gareth

cerocmetro
13th-June-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Guys,
Jill & I have been asked to demonstrate (for free) at a summer fete in the Grounds of the Barbican, London. This is a fund raiser for the residents of the Barbican.

This will be happening in the Saturday afternoon, 19th June 2004. Apparently they are hiring a temporary floor for us.

If there are any LeRoc classes out there that would like to support us, please contact me. We`d be happy to publicise those classes. :grin:

So If you find yourselves at a loose end please come along.

Gareth
I don't know, maybe it's me maybe its just coz it's early in the morning and suffering a wicked hangover from our team celebrations last night but, you are on a Ceroc dance forum. This is no secret, it has Ceroc in the title and just about everywhere else.

If you are only going to offer your dancing to Leroc, a competitor like it or not, then as far as I am concerned, start your own forum and shift it there. :angry:

By the way, the residents of my street need some funds raised for a holiday we would all like to go on. :waycool:

Adam

Gareth
13th-June-2004, 12:56 PM
If you are only going to offer your dancing to Leroc, a competitor like it or not, then as far as I am concerned, start your own forum and shift it there.

Adam,
I can hardly personally promote Ceroc as I have no links with the Ceroc organisation. There is no Ceroc in Bristol. Though I would doubt Ceroc would be interested in a demonstration by a non-Ceroc dancer in this low key event :confused: I do have a Ceroc membership though for the very rare forays into a Ceroc region.

I did`nt realise that you had to be a Ceroc dancer and fulfil any particular criteria to post on this Forum. :really:

I have no problem with Ceroc, although if you represent a Ceroc viewpoint, I am not impressed by the heavy handed attitude you display. No wonder there are dancers with an anti - Ceroc stand point.

I would be more than happy for any support from Ceroc and would publise them in the same manner. :cheers:

Any support would be appreciated, from any quarter :D

Gareth

Dance Demon
13th-June-2004, 01:19 PM
Adam,

I would be more than happy for any support from Ceroc and would publise them in the same manner. :cheers:

Any support would be appreciated, from any quarter :D

Gareth

Maybe if you had said this in your original post, it would have prevented any misinterpretation.....
:nice:

PS good luck on the day...hope you raise loads for a good cause.. :cheers:

Gareth
13th-June-2004, 01:49 PM
THANKS Dance Demon,

In my part of the world LeRoc is a generic term which covers all the various Modern Jive groups and organisations :D

I personally have no great preferences.

I just love to dance :grin:

Gus
13th-June-2004, 02:13 PM
........you are on a Ceroc dance forum. This is no secret, it has Ceroc in the title and just about everywhere else.

If you are only going to offer your dancing to Leroc, a competitor like it or not, then as far as I am concerned, start your own forum and shift it there. :angry:

Adam
Urrr ... bit concerned about this statement. To date, unless things have changed ... this HASN'T been a Ceroc forum .. its been a forum for MJ dancers acroos the country (and Australai) to share their view and promote whats going on. To date I believe a number of non-Ceroc organisations have been allowed to promote their activites ... and for that we're indebted to Franck ... and it may have a lot to do with the popularity and the superb content of this site. I know for a fact that it has helped breakdwon the (perceived) antagonisim between some dance orgnaisations and that can only be a good thing.

If there is a change in policy for this site then maybe us non-Ceroc type bods need to be made aware so that we can desist from posting anything that either competes with any Ceroc events, ideals or dogma:( .

Andy McGregor
13th-June-2004, 04:48 PM
you are on a Ceroc dance forum. This is no secret, it has Ceroc in the title and just about everywhere else.

I don't think this comment is in the spirit of the Forum. I'm certain that Gareth was giving an open invitation to all organisations that do Modern Jive. He obviously calls it LeRoc but we all know he means Modern Jive.

I don't know, maybe it's me maybe its just coz it's early in the morning and suffering a wicked hangover from our team celebrations last night

Maybe it is you, maybe it is the hangover - take some ibuprofen and see what you think when you're feeling better. If you still think the same way it's you.

This is no secret, it has Ceroc in the title and just about everywhere else.

It actually says "Ceroc Scotland" in the title. It would be just as right to say that if you don't like what people are saying on here you should start your own forum for "Ceroc England" or "Ceroc Metro". Speaking personally I think that would be a mistake as the Scottish Forum does such a good job:clap:

cerocmetro
13th-June-2004, 05:06 PM
Ok, several coffees later, had a sleep, sunbathed a little, Did I write that?? :blush:

Hope buskng went OK, :flower:

See you at the Leroc Champs in Bristol on 17th July. :cheers:

Adam

bigdjiver
13th-June-2004, 07:33 PM
He obviously calls it LeRoc but we all know he means Modern Jive. To defend Adam, it is not "we all".If someone has enough experience to do a demo, I would assume they would know the difference between MJ and LeRoc.

I am glad to find it was MJ that was meant. I suspect that Gareth could now find himself in a position where he could have fifty people doing "demos" all afternoon long, into the evening. The Barbican would be a super site for an open air dance, would'n't it?

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 08:12 PM
Why defend Adam? He apologised (deserves credit for that). End of story.

In Gareth's defence (:D), if you call it LeRoc all the time, because that is what YOU know it as (which is reasonable, since all the MJ dancing in Bristol, where he comes from, is LeRoc), then it's quite understandable (if regrettable in this instance) that you would automatically type that when you're talking about it. Of course he knows the difference, it was (I'm assuming, knowing Gareth) just a familiarity thing without thinking.

If you were typing it, I wouldn't be surprised if you called it "Ceroc" without thinking about it. Would you exclude any LeRoc, Blitz, MoJive (etc.) people who turned up??

Trampy

Andy McGregor
13th-June-2004, 08:12 PM
I would assume they would know the difference between MJ and LeRoc.

And the difference between MJ and LeRoc is...

:confused:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-June-2004, 09:37 PM
And the difference between MJ and LeRoc is...

Good pointe well made...
Whats the difference between Cola and Coke ? Cola covers everything but Coke is a trademark for Coca Cola.
The same thing here - like referring to a dysan vacuum cleaner as a hoover or asking for a coke and getting pepsi. Generic terms :) I tend to call it Modern Jive as I started at LeRoc but mainly did Ceroc after that - I also always ask for 'Cola' but maybe thats just me :).

under par
13th-June-2004, 10:11 PM
Moral of this story should be never to POST with a hangover :whistle: :flower:

I was always advised to never reply to e-mail whilst angry. :clap:

If you wait til later you will often see that what you proposed to send could be said better OR not at all. :whistle: :yeah:

:cheers: :kiss: :hug:

RobC
13th-June-2004, 10:17 PM
I suspect that Gareth could now find himself in a position where he could have fifty people doing "demos" all afternoon long, into the evening. The Barbican would be a super site for an open air dance, would'n't it?
I smell an impromptue Forum Gathering here. Anyone else free next saturday and feel like gatecrashing this event ?

under par
13th-June-2004, 10:20 PM
The same thing here - like referring to a dysan vacuum cleaner as a hoover or asking for a coke and getting pepsi. :).

Mr Smurf would that be a DYSON vacuum or is there a new model out there in Smurfland?? :whistle: :rofl:

bigdjiver
13th-June-2004, 11:07 PM
Why defend Adam? He apologised (deserves credit for that). End of story. Actually he wrote "Did I write that?? :blush:

Accepting the smilie as an apology, that sounds like a real hangover.:cheers:

Why do I defend Adam? Among the reasons, he wrote "If".

If you were typing it, I wouldn't be surprised if you called it "Ceroc" without thinking about it. Would you exclude any LeRoc, Blitz, MoJive (etc.) people who turned up?? I very rarely write anything without thinking about it, (which makes my mistakes less forgivable). I would welcome any MJ dancers at any MJ event, and anybody else who was not there to spoil it, and I would take great care not to use promotion that might deter anybody from those organisations, especially in the case of a charity event.

I have seen a charity event that was publicised at Ceroc nights being used as a springboard for a competitive venue.

Under Par rep+1

Dreadful Scathe
13th-June-2004, 11:23 PM
Mr Smurf would that be a DYSON vacuum or is there a new model out there in Smurfland?? :whistle: :rofl:
we have enopugh pedants here already you know :)

ElaineB
14th-June-2004, 02:04 PM
Why defend Adam? He apologised (deserves credit for that). End of story.

In Gareth's defence (:D), if you call it LeRoc all the time, because that is what YOU know it as (which is reasonable, since all the MJ dancing in Bristol, where he comes from, is LeRoc), then it's quite understandable (if regrettable in this instance) that you would automatically type that when you're talking about it. Of course he knows the difference, it was (I'm assuming, knowing Gareth) just a familiarity thing without thinking.

If you were typing it, I wouldn't be surprised if you called it "Ceroc" without thinking about it. Would you exclude any LeRoc, Blitz, MoJive (etc.) people who turned up??

Trampy

It's true!!

Bristol classes here are 'Le Roc', but as I have said before, as we have no 'Ce Roc' running anywhere near us, we use that 'Generic' term with as much familiarity as no doubt others would if the case was reversed?

I also know Gareth quite well also and have no doubt that he didn't mean to offend anyone - he is just incredibly enthusiastic. :flower:

Good luck to the hoards of demo's that are now set to descend on Gareth and Jill and the Barbican! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

cerocmetro
14th-June-2004, 02:44 PM
let me be absolutely clear about this, I AM SORRY!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Busking at the Barbican 19th June.

Any busking for modern Jive is good and if I can make it, I will be there.

OK? :o

Adam

ElaineB
14th-June-2004, 02:52 PM
let me be absolutely clear about this, I AM SORRY!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Busking at the Barbican 19th June.

Any busking for modern Jive is good and if I can make it, I will be there.

OK? :o

Adam

Forgiven of course!! Look forward to seeing you at Weston-Super-Mare. :flower:

Elaine

Gareth
15th-June-2004, 12:44 AM
Hi Adam,
Thank you for your reply. If I gave you any reason to be upset, then I too apologise. :hug:

Jill & I look forward to meeting you, if you can make it. :grin:

If anyone wants to come along and promote their classes, feel free to do so.

I HOPE THE SUN COMES TOO :waycool:

Gareth