PDA

View Full Version : Outside is barran wasteland

Gadget
13th-June-2004, 01:09 AM
:really: Where are all the "outside" threads?? I wanted to link to a {philisophical rather than derogatory} post there.

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 06:55 PM
It does say in the forum description that "Posts in this area will be deleted after a short while to save embarrassment".

There had been no new posts in the forum since about the 20th May - almost a month, so last week, the area was cleared out.

Trampy

Emma
13th-June-2004, 07:29 PM
*cough* barrEn*cough*

:grin:

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 07:30 PM
You bother trying to correct the typo's and spelling mistakes in Gadget's posts still??? :confused:

Trampy

Emma
13th-June-2004, 07:34 PM
You bother trying to correct the typo's and spelling mistakes in Gadget's posts still??? :confused:Not usually...! Must be having a pedantic day :grin:

Besides, if we don't tell him, how will he know? Better than just pointing him towards Dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) :) (On second thoughts.....)

Emma
13th-June-2004, 07:36 PM
Oh, and that's typos - no apostrophe muh dear :evil, evil grin:

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 08:06 PM
You bother trying to correct the typos and spelling mistakes in theTramp's posts still???

Trampy

Dreadful Scathe
13th-June-2004, 09:30 PM
You bother trying to correct the typos and spelling mistakes in theTramp's posts still???

well she did walk right into that one :D

Emma
13th-June-2004, 09:41 PM
well she did walk right into that one :D
There was a brief moment there when I tried to make sense of this.....Then I realised BlueBoy was posting and poured another glass of Pinot Grigio :grin: :cheers: :giggle:

Gadget
13th-June-2004, 10:17 PM
I've got a link to Dictionary.com in my shortcuts, but it dosn't check a whole bunch of text at once. I normally use a blank e-mail and hit F7 to spell check it before cutting & pasteing into the reply box... If I remember to hit F7... If its a fairly lengthy reply... well, OK I only do that occasionaly.:blush: {Gawd - I can't even spell the smilies right!! :rolleyes:}

If you can pick out my spelling errors, then you must be able to work out what word was intended to be there - so why bother correcting them? {...And I don't believe that I got negative rep for bad spelling... that's just cruel. :tears:}

Emma
13th-June-2004, 10:23 PM
so why bother correcting them?Because I'm a teacher, pet - it's what I do by profession and by habit. Correcting your spelling is not a criticism, honest.
{...And I don't believe that I got negative rep for bad spelling... that's just cruel. :tears:}Me neither: bad repping for bad spelling sucks. :hug:

Gadget
13th-June-2004, 11:14 PM
Ahhh - Heather too. I think I must jar on a few people with the occasional {:rolleyes:} miss-type. Why can't more teachers be like Bill - he makes more true "typo's" than I do. :rofl:

{forgot to add a :doh: in relation to Tramp's post about them being wiped out... I really should read the descriptions...}