PDA

View Full Version : Dubrovnik - The Only Place To Be Next May 2005

Gordon J Pownall
11th-June-2004, 04:55 PM
Just back from Greece 2004, we are already planning 2005 :clap:

Dubrovnik is where we are bound. I have booked for the week commencing 8th May, Sunday to Sunday. There were a few concerns this year that a couple of weeks later would be better due to the weather.

There are a few factors to consider - this was the coldest spring in Europe for years, and follows last years hottest summer

This week the weather is still the same in Greece and there is never any guarantee of the weather. It would be a shame to pay a lot more money for a higher season only to still have the wrong weather. So I have decided to keep these dates. I have been prompted by the fact that 6 boats have now been reserved.

However I am going to offer a new twist to Dance & sail, a second holiday in one year. This will also be to Dubrovnik as there has been such a huge interest in the area - probably in September 2005.

I am waiting for confirmation on the price but it is usually 5% up on this years.

Please note however, this years was cheap. We were supposed to have gone the week before. (ironically the weather was better the week before). That also meant we crept into the mid season. Due to the error on Sunsails part, they kept the price down. I would not count on that again.

This holiday was always designed to give the masses the chance to experience sailing and where possible I will encourage cabin capacity on the boats to keep the price down. I will also give priority booking to cabin capacity bookings. I am not counting the saloons and if you want to include someone sleeping in the saloon, that is up to you.

As a guide, this year 8 people on a 43Deck Saloon was £470 before outboard and damage waiver. Next year in May it will be £556. This is actually cheaper than previous years before anyone says this is expensive. Please remember we did get it very cheap this year.

As before, I will not be able to confirm the final price until September. Please note that deposits will be fully refunable until the final price is confirmed or the 1st September, which ever comes last.

The boats I have reserved are;

Sun Odyssey 45.2 4 cabin x 3 2 left
Sun Od 37 3 cab 1 left
ben 50 5 Cab reserved
Sun Od 43 4 cabin x2 1 left
Oceanis 473 3 Cabin x2 1 left
Sun Od 42 3 Cabin x3
Lagoon 380 cat
I can get some smaller boats if any one wants.

Again to reserve a boat I need six deposits of £100 per boat together with six names. The deposits are fully refundable to the 1st September. This year, sorry next year I will have more terms and conditions to make things clearer for everyone. I will require everyone to complete a new booking form even if you have been before.

For those of you who joined us from the North of the country, next year there will be flights available from Manchester. The flights from Gatwick and Manchester are only 40 minutes apart so we will arrive at the base about the same time.

I am going to run the same trip in probably the last week of September.
Dubrovnik has the strongest winds yet of any of our holidays. 3-5s will be common. :drool: However it is supposed to be still every night. There any plenty of stops so the legs will not be as long as Skiathos. This means you have more flexibility in your day.

As regards eating, 112 people turning up to dine at once was a shock to the Greek system. It would be a shock to any system.

One problem we did not envisage was your hunger for sailing. Every year so far, all the boats were in by 6-6.30. this gave us an hour to shower and we usually hit the restaurants by about 7.30. This year we turned up about 9-9.30, hungrier and less prepared to wait. Next year I will suggest early to dine, or limit the numbers turning up in one go. :yum:

When we did suggest everyone split up, I turned up at a restaurant and low and behold 60 of you were there together. :kiss: Surprise surprise, there was a delay. The other alternative is we pre-order food.We may well be able to obtain menus. This would work especially well when we all turn up together at an arranged evening.

The dancing this year was excellent. I have always said that we do not guarantee dancing but, I was shattered every night and sometimes felt I had over done it. Well actually every night.

Many people who had been on previous trips with us commented on how slick everything was this year, from checking in, boarding the boats, engineering checks etc etc to returning to the airport.For next year I am also going to be offering a free draw.

Anyone who pays their deposit by 1st July will be entered and may receive a 50% reduction on the cost of their holiday. This is subject to that person paying the full amount 12 weeks before departure. If you are drawn, your will receive a refund prior to your trip. This is based on the sunail brochure price of the holiday as per the 2005 prices when published.

A deposit of £100 will secure you a place on this fabulous holiday. The deposits are fully refundable until the 1st September 2004. To book please complete this booking form which can be downloaded (http://www.danceandsail.com/booking_form_2004.doc).

For photos of semi naked women driving little boats, the Dance and Sail forum, dolphins, lots of photos of drink, food and dance and general naughty-cal things, see the website :-

www.danceandsail.com

No videos unfortunately but we do have the JiveMasters 2003 available....Doh!!! :whistle:

Oh - if you've never sailed before don't worry - all the yachts have fully qualified Skippers who are able to pay the greatest attention to making sure there is enough Gin and tonic. Some of them also know about ropes and things as well!!! :sick:

Gordon J Pownall
12th-June-2004, 11:07 AM
It is probably worth mentioning that if anyone visits the dance and sail website, they can also join the forum there as welll...

There is loads of information about the hold etc...

Gordon J Pownall
15th-June-2004, 09:22 AM
OK - the word is, lots of Skippers looking for crew.

Hi to Mike, Wendy, Amar, Julia and Sal - the crew of the SS OOPSADAISY :sick:

One boat full - nine more to go..... :hug: