PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc dancing in Nightclubs - Good marketing?

TheTramp
11th-June-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree with Gadget. Have any of us ever been brave enough to dance MJ in a night club when everyone else is single dancing? Are ever any of us in night clubs or are we all locked into our parallel universe of ceroc venues?
I've been to more nightclubs in the last couple of years (and danced MJ in them), than I'd been to in the first 33 years of my life...

Trampy

Forte
11th-June-2004, 02:39 PM
I've been to more nightclubs in the last couple of years (and danced MJ in them), than I'd been to in the first 33 years of my life...

Trampy

More please. Reaction? Response? Favourable? Expand, kind sir... :grin:

Jive Brummie
11th-June-2004, 02:40 PM
I agree with Gadget. Have any of us ever been brave enough to dance MJ in a night club when everyone else is single dancing? Are ever any of us in night clubs or are we all locked into our parallel universe of ceroc venues?

I've danced MJ in a night club before and also on a raised platform in a pub in the middle of Dundee. At the end of the track we turned around to see that the entire pub had been watching....and we even got a clap and a few cheers to boot. This was also the exact way that i got into Ceroc. Seeing people dancing it and thinking how good it looked and thought i could do it. The rest is, as they say....................

Everything's relevant isn't it? You start with a few 'hit squads' :waycool: dancing in the local clubs etc, they attract more people, even if it is just one or two. But surely that means you now have more people to go 'hit-squading'!!!! Eventually taking over the entire world while laughing like a lunatic in a James Bond criminal stylee............ :sick:

Taxi!!

Forte
11th-June-2004, 02:42 PM
I've danced MJ in a night club before and also on a raised platform in a pub in the middle of Dundee.
Taxi!!
Way to go, James!!! :clap:

Andy McGregor
11th-June-2004, 03:11 PM

I've done MJ in loads of nightclubs - the result has often been that other MJers have identified themselves to us and joined in:clap:

One night I'd been in a charity show in Littlehampton (a tired seaside resort whose redeeming feature is that Felix dancewear have their shop there) and 3 couples went to a rough nightclub for a drink and a bop. Of course we danced MJ, and while I was at the bar a local hard-case asked me "who are you lot then" in a menacing way. My answer was "we're dancing at the Windmill theatre in a charity show in aid of the local hospice - I haven't left any make-up on my face have I?" Fortunately this took the wind out of his sails and he shook my hand and said that he liked watching us - phew:flower:

Forte
11th-June-2004, 03:21 PM
Loving all these stories. :clap: Keep 'em coming.
I was in Tunisia on a New year hol back in 99 when a Tunisian guy and his partner were doing MJ. What a thrill to go up and ask him to dance. Couldn't speak a word to each other but who needs talk when the hand signals are clear. :rofl: Then a couple from London danced MJ, too and the guy did a spot of double trouble with me and his missus. The first time I had ever seen it done, or tried it.
I have never danced MJ in a British nightclub though even though I go ...Oh I'd say about twice a year... :blush: ( :tears: Ye other half doesn't dance... :tears: ) Or go to night clubs for that matter (well at least he says he doesn't :rofl: )

Sheepman
11th-June-2004, 03:35 PM
Have any of us ever been brave enough to dance MJ in a night club when everyone else is single dancing? Well Mrs Sheepy and I have danced MJ in Stringfellows (we weren't very good), but it did seem to amuse the crowd.

But who wants to do it in a cramped, smoky, expensive nightclub, when you can go elsewhere and do it properly?

Greg

Forte
11th-June-2004, 03:36 PM
Well Mrs Sheepy and I have danced MJ in Stringfellows (we weren't very good), but it did seem to amuse the crowd.

But who wants to do it in a cramped, smoky, expensive nightclub, when you can go elsewhere and do it properly?

Greg
I think people were saying it was a good way to recruit new members... :nice:

Lory
11th-June-2004, 03:42 PM
I think people were saying it was a good way to recruit new members... :nice:
:yeah: TRY TO KEEP UP GREG! :whistle: :hug: