PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boogie 04

Peter
9th-June-2004, 02:17 PM
Am I the last to hear that Beach Boogie is now going to be only a 7 day dance holiday, running from 24th July to 31st July, with the Big Night (with blues/aerials competitions) on Friday 30th July??

Lounge Lizard
9th-June-2004, 04:28 PM
Shame about that the first week was lost due to the venue doing re-furb work (new management)
So that means I wont be at Beach Boogie this year either dancing or DJ'ing :sad: :tears: :tears:

Peter

TheTramp
9th-June-2004, 04:41 PM
New management are taking over, right in the middle of the holiday period, closing the site for refurbishment work (right in the middle of the holiday period), and not honouring previously agreed contracts??? (Did I mention that this was right in the middle of the holiday period?).

Sounds a bit dodgy to me....

Trampy

Andy McGregor
9th-June-2004, 04:58 PM
New management are taking over, right in the middle of the holiday period, closing the site for refurbishment work (right in the middle of the holiday period), and not honouring previously agreed contracts??? (Did I mention that this was right in the middle of the holiday period?).

Sounds a bit dodgy to me....

Trampy

I got the impression that there is a rolling programme of chalet refubishment - which, I guess, can be fitted around individual bookings but maybe not a booking of the whole site - but I am just guessing based on scant information:confused:

But it does seem a bit dodgy in the middle of the the holiday period - has anyone mentioned this?

Dreadful Scathe
9th-June-2004, 05:00 PM
But it does seem a bit dodgy in the middle of the the holiday period - has anyone mentioned this?
What ? right in the middle of the holiday period ? are you cereal ?

Andy McGregor
9th-June-2004, 05:12 PM
What ? right in the middle of the holiday period ? are you cereal ?

No! Never!

Who's saying it's right in the middle of the holiday period, they must be toast.

RobC
9th-June-2004, 05:50 PM
New management are taking over, right in the middle of the holiday period, closing the site for refurbishment work .....
Hadn't someone better warn the new management that the site will need to be refurbished again after Beach Boogie ? :whistle:

Andy McGregor
10th-June-2004, 01:53 AM
Hadn't someone better warn the new management that the site will need to be refurbished again after Beach Boogie ? :whistle:

Absolutely right, last year I saw cracks appearing in the walls after RobC did the move that should be called the Dying Hippopotamus in the Blues comp:devil:

Chickadee
10th-June-2004, 10:17 PM
Am I the last to hear that Beach Boogie is now going to be only a 7 day dance holiday

...ONLY seven days????!!! Blimey, I was in agony after just 3 days at Camber! :what:

TheTramp
11th-June-2004, 01:03 AM
...ONLY seven days????!!! Blimey, I was in agony after just 3 days at Camber! :what:
Young people these days.... No stamina :flower:

Trampy

Andy McGregor
11th-June-2004, 01:15 AM

What you need is some serious massage to help you make it through the week, I'm volunteering to do a 1 hour massage of Chickadee on days 2, 4, 5 & 7 anyone like to make an offer for the other days?:devil:

spindr
11th-June-2004, 02:25 AM

Is this the place to mention that Herrang (http://www.herrang.com) can last up to 28 days -- lindy hoppers, eh?

SpinDr.

Lory
11th-June-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm volunteering to do a 1 hour massage of Chickadee on days 2, 4, 5 & 7 anyone like to make an offer for the other days?:devil:
What are you doing on days 1, 3 and 6? :whistle: :innocent:

Sheepman
11th-June-2004, 12:55 PM
Am I the last to hear that Beach Boogie is now going to be only a 7 day dance holiday, Yes! where have you been!
I also heard that on top of other stuff, the new management weren't flexible when it came to bookings that weren't for one week, Saturday to Saturday.

Greg

Peter
11th-June-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes! where have you been!

I've been dancing at Ceroc Metro venues, where news doesnt travel quickly in or out ... for example, the news about the Jive Masters 2003 video ... has that got out yet?

RobC
11th-June-2004, 03:31 PM
I've been dancing at Ceroc Metro venues, where news doesnt travel quickly in or out ... for example, the news about the Jive Masters 2003 video ... has that got out yet?
In that case, I had better tell you about Monster Jive Cocktail (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) as well then :wink:

Time is running out for you to get your bookings in - only 2 weeks away now :clap: :clap:

Chickadee
11th-June-2004, 05:48 PM
What are you doing on days 1, 3 and 6? :whistle: :innocent:

It's my turn to massage Andy on these days!! :wink:

Chickadee
11th-June-2004, 05:50 PM
What you need is some serious massage to help you make it through the week, I'm volunteering to do a 1 hour massage of Chickadee on days 2, 4, 5 & 7 anyone like to make an offer for the other days?:devil:

I'm definitly going now! Can we push to a 2hr massage each day??? :whistle:

Andy McGregor
12th-June-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm definitly going now! Can we push to a 2hr massage each day??? :whistle:

No problem - and how long would you like the massage to last each night?:devil:

Chickadee
13th-June-2004, 10:36 PM
No problem - and how long would you like the massage to last each night?:devil:

As long as you wear your fishnet tights and high heels Andy, all night would suit me just fine!! :rofl: :flower:

TheTramp
13th-June-2004, 10:59 PM
Don't worry. The men in white coats will be around very soon.....

Trampy

Andy McGregor
13th-June-2004, 11:12 PM
As long as you wear your fishnet tights and high heels Andy, all night would suit me just fine!! :rofl: :flower:

Can we do this in the winter as well? The nights are longer:devil:

Andy McGregor
13th-June-2004, 11:31 PM
In that case, I had better tell you about Monster Jive Cocktail (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk/) as well then :wink:

Time is running out for you to get your bookings in - only 2 weeks away now :clap: :clap:

Ditto for our Hog-Roast Dance and Camp (http://www.rocsters.com/hogroastandcamp.htm) we've currently sold 59 of the 100 tickets available. Book now if you're thinking of coming.

p.s. MJC will be fab too: I'm sorry I'll miss it. I had to clash with something no matter what date I chose. So I chose a date that didn't clash with anything advertised locally.

Sheepman
14th-June-2004, 10:26 AM
It's my turn to massage Andy on these days!! :wink: So if I've got this right, Chickadee is giving out massages on the days when you don't give her a massage?
So I'll volunteer not to massage her at all, I should be free around 8 to 9 pm each night for mine! :wink:

Greg

Andy McGregor
14th-June-2004, 11:29 AM
I should be free around 8 to 9 pm each night for mine! :wink: Greg

Make sure you're well shorn - do I need wellies:wink:

Sheepman
14th-June-2004, 05:46 PM
do I need wellies:wink: Ahem, leave the wellies at home, if Chickadee is giving me a massage, you don't even need to come!

Greg

Chickadee
16th-June-2004, 05:31 PM
Ahem, leave the wellies at home, if Chickadee is giving me a massage, you don't even need to come!

Greg

Ok, booked. Anyone else want to book in advance?!! :wink: