PDA

View Full Version : Rent-a-dance?

bigdjiver
6th-June-2004, 02:44 PM
So, I tried a tight search, which revealed nothing, but there was a paid for link on the results page which gave me something to think about:-

http://www.dancedatesonline.co.uk

Sheepman
7th-June-2004, 04:47 PM
link on the results page which gave me something to think about:-

http://www.dancedatesonline.co.uk
Interesting idea, I wonder what sort of reputation you need to work for them :what:
And have any ladies on here ever felt the need for such a service? I can't imagine the demand being very high.

Greg

Bardsey
7th-June-2004, 04:52 PM
Interesting idea, I wonder what sort of reputation you need to work for them :what:
And have any ladies on here ever felt the need for such a service? I can't imagine the demand being very high.

Greg

I just looked at that site. Sounds a bit like Rent-a-Gigalo to me :rofl:

Emma
7th-June-2004, 05:02 PM
I looked at it and wanted to see pictures. :cool: ;)

I can't imagine the demand being very high.I think this may be because you are a boy (ram?!), and a fine dancer: therefore never lacking in partners. We girls of uncertain competition level ( ;) ) might occasionally want someone to accompany them...though admittedly nowadays if none of my friends are going somewhere I want to go I go on my own :D

Lory
7th-June-2004, 05:06 PM
Bardsey....... Besides, I know what you men are like for missing the right button :whistle: :innocent: :rofl:

I just looked at that site. Sounds a bit like Rent-a-Gigalo to me :rofl: Oh Jill, you do make me laugh! :cheers: :rofl:

Bardsey
7th-June-2004, 05:10 PM
:rofl:

Oh Jill, you do make me laugh! :cheers: :rofl:

Good! Its nice to put a smile on someone's face! :kiss: :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
7th-June-2004, 05:19 PM
Interesting idea, I wonder what sort of reputation you need to work for them :what: Dubious ? :)

Ill rent myself out free if they'll just pretend to be my friend for the evening :tears:

Actually thats a very interesting site - heres some quotes....

They also have lots of patience, are very friendly, are comfortable in all sorts of situations and are smart and well presentedhmm comfortable - with or without clothes for example. Wanna come back to see some..er..dance moves...eh.. eh

A reduced rate can be organised if you do not require your dancer to attend any classes with you or to dance exclusively with you.They will agree to be available to dance with you at your request.Nice of them. Very different to the rest of the selfish bastards that go to these modern jive events!

We can offer a service which may be useful for ladies or couples who would like to attend any of the various freestyles around the central region but do not wish to drive, or would prefer to have someone to go with them to a new venue.Shouldn't this be a 'swing' dancing company :whistle: Anyway, Central Region ? Thats Stirling and Falkirk area ? Where are these people based :)

Is this a service for the socially inept ? If so, would they even want to go to jive events regardless of how they obtain someone to dance with. Ill dance with anyone if they pay :)

Gadget
7th-June-2004, 05:32 PM
And have any ladies on here ever felt the need for such a service? I can't imagine the demand being very high.Interesting, however some of it seems to negate the whole open and friendly attitude - I suppose that some of the more shy or less forward people could use the "service" as an introduction; then once they got used to the scene, go solo.

"We are available to attend your local jive class with you and do the class with you on a one to one basis outside the usual class partner rotation."
I wonder how teachers would feel if this happened every week, then more and more people chose not to rotate... Would it happen?

It seems to involve only two people, and they are offering teaching services - This is aimed at complete newbies who may have seen something; personally I would rather go to an established class where the teacher could be judged by the class rather than potentially being taught the wrong things. I wonder what qualifies them to teach? (Taxis are qualified by being appointed by a teacher, and the services being offered seem similar.)

I'm as curious as Sheepman as to it's appeal/popularity.

Sheepman
7th-June-2004, 06:02 PM
if you do not require your dancer to attend any classes with you or to dance exclusively with you.Thanks DS, I'd missed that bit.
So if you were employed, at one of your regular venues, what would you say when you had to refuse to dance with your friends?
"No, sorry, I'm being a gigolo tonight" :rofl:

There must be plenty more suggestions out there . . .

Greg

Andy McGregor
7th-June-2004, 07:22 PM
"No, sorry, I'm being a gigolo tonight" :rofl:

And what about those nights you go dancing and bump into a client. Do you charge them for a dance:confused:

Gary
8th-June-2004, 12:45 AM
I can't imagine the demand being very high.

I can imagine a girl going to some function where she'd like to show off her dancing, but she wouldn't feel comfortable inflicting the rest of the function on one of her normal dance buddies...

Of course that's not going to happen very often, so yeah, I don't think this is a business which will take off. (Although if they do, and they're looking for decent guy dancers with Australian accents, and are willing to pay air-fare ... :innocent: )

Barry Shnikov
10th-June-2004, 09:47 PM
I just looked at that site. Sounds a bit like Rent-a-Gigalo to me :rofl:

Uh huh. Where do I sign up? :what:

Forte
11th-June-2004, 09:44 AM
Uh huh. Where do I sign up? :what:

I've booked ten sessions!!! :rofl: (And you think I'm kidding...) :rolleyes:

jivecat
12th-June-2004, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE]

Anyway, Central Region ? Thats Stirling and Falkirk area ? Where are these people based :)

[UNQUOTE]

Somewhat anglocentrically (!!?!) I assumed this was my neck of the woods i.e. Ceroc Central region. So now I've been reviewing my male Ceroc aquaintances wondering if it could possibly be one of them. I've already got a few suspicions. I hope the plot is going to thicken. Perhaps I should answer the ad?

Gadget
13th-June-2004, 12:12 AM
If you delve deeper into their site, there is a "Who are we" type page that gives two names... perhaps they match your suspects.