PDA

View Full Version : Lambs to the slaughter!

Sheepman
7th-June-2004, 05:26 PM
I know this has been discussed somewhere else, but I'm getting nervous, :really: and need to be sure I have plenty of protection. If Andy thinks it's some sort of mid summer pagan ritual, I'd like to point out that he will be 5 days late for midummer!

What am I talking about?

26th June 2004
• Hog Roast and Camp - £12
• Non-dancing guests £10, under 14s just £5

We’ve booked the whole of Streamside Camp Site on Coombes Road 1 mile North of the A27 at Shoreham Airport lights. It’s a picturesque spot beside a trout stream with overhanging trees; just to the North of and in sight of Lancing College Chapel.

Dancing
This is why we’re there. The dancing will be Modern Jive and should last for at least 6 hours – hopefully longer. The DJs will be Andy, Greg (who DJs at Bisley) and others have been asked to come to make the night one to remember. The music will be a mix of pop, swing, blues, and will get slower and more bluesy towards the end of the evening but it will all be great music for Modern Jive.

Hog Roast
We’ve booked caterers to provide a professional Hog Roast. In addition to the hog there will be a lamb, bread, many salad items, etc, assorted dressings and a vegetarian alternative if you let us know in a week in advance. There will be large tables for people to eat at, these will be outside if its warm and dry and inside the marquee if it isn’t – if the tables are inside due to the weather they will be put away later for the dancing. I'd much appreciate it if everyone went for the vegetarian option, :wink: but just in case, I'd also like to point out to Andy that I'd be as tough as old mutton, and who wants their lamb already flavoured with pickled garlic?!!

For full details see here (http://www.rocsters.com/hogroastandcamp.htm)

So who's coming?

Greg

Andy McGregor
7th-June-2004, 07:17 PM
So who's coming?

Greg

As Pammy and Boomer aren't posting at the moment (this has raised my suspicion that the could be 'not posting' together:devil) I can tell you that Pammy has booked 3 tickets.

Pammy
9th-June-2004, 04:34 PM
Mr McG.

I can confirm that Helen, Boomer & Myself will be attending.

If Greg leaves any sausages (doubtful), I will have those.

As to where I was, you Mr M were never too far away - photos explaining this will be posted soon :wink: .

Pamkinite
x

Andy McGregor
9th-June-2004, 04:50 PM
Plankton and Mrs Plankton are coming: so are Daisy and Mr Daisy:clap:

Lory is trying to persuade Mr Lory and Under Par is begging Mrs Par:wink:

Any Scottish Forumites are welcome to stay the weekend or longer if they fancy making the trip:waycool:

TheTramp
9th-June-2004, 05:05 PM
You know, I even went so far as to look up and see how much flights would be...

But they are too expensive now - cheapest return flight I could find was £71 :tears:

Lucky escape for you there!! :D

Trampy

Andy McGregor
9th-June-2004, 05:14 PM
You know, I even went so far as to look up and see how much flights would be...

But they are too expensive now - cheapest return flight I could find was £71 :tears:

Lucky escape for you there!! :D

Trampy

Do you think I didn't check that out before I made the offer:wink:

Just kidding, I didn't check:wink:

Sheepman
10th-June-2004, 11:27 AM
For anyone who hasn't used up all their energy on the Saturday night, a group of us are doing a walk over Chanctonbury Ring on the Sunday. Just 8 miles or so (weather permitting I suspect). Let me know if you're interested in joining us.

Greg

Andy McGregor
12th-June-2004, 02:39 AM
I saw Mrs Par tonight: she tells me that her and Mr Par will be coming to the Hog roast.

Also, Sylph has booked to come too. We've now gone to SFG status, anyone else coming?

under par
12th-June-2004, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=Andy McGregor]
Lory is trying to persuade Mr Lory and Under Par is begging Mrs Par:wink:

QUOTE]
Under Par has suceeded in persuading Mrs Par and we will go to the ball I mean Hog roast :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Andy McGregor
12th-June-2004, 02:51 AM
Under Par has suceeded in persuading Mrs Par and we will go to the ball I mean Hog roast :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Wow, we've posted on the same subject within seconds of each other :really:

Sylph
12th-June-2004, 08:21 AM
I saw Mrs Par tonight: she tells me that her and Mr Par will be coming to the Hog roast.

Also, Sylph has booked to come too. We've now gone to SFG status, anyone else coming?

:what:'s SFG Andy??

Andy McGregor
12th-June-2004, 11:00 AM
:what:'s SFG Andy??

BFG = Big Forum Gathering

At the time of writing I thought the S stood for 'Small', but of course it stands for 'Select', or maybe 'Saucy':kiss:

..or even 'Solstice'*

*first saturday after summer Solstice