was it the title of the thread that made you look?!? :wink:

10th July 2004.......

there will be a dirty dancing workshop/night.....with guest teachers inc:

Emma & Paul

Dave & jaime

david & val.....

plus more!!

workshops during the day...... then at night time we have our
dirty dancing theme night with 'dirty dancing' competitions!!!

plus...
team cabaret,....... and prize giving!!!!

This fantastic event will be taking place in daventry.....

with excellent facilities and will hold 700 of us all 'dirty dancing' in one room!!!

for more info on this event please contact:

emma@ceroccentral.com

or call

01327 311137
07734 910343

go on you know you want too!!! :clap:

Jayne
7th-June-2004, 05:20 PM
Gosh! Is there a building in Daventry big enough to hold 700 dancers? :confused: Where is it?

J :nice:

Gus
7th-June-2004, 05:33 PM
Gosh! Is there a building in Daventry big enough to hold 700 dancers? :confused:

J :nice:
Well, at the regulation 3 sq m per dancer (roughly what we have at Northwich), that would mean you need 2100 sq m, a dancefloor about 140 foot square ...... not many of those about!

Gadget
7th-June-2004, 05:38 PM
but it's dirty dancing; you should be getting real close to your partner...you should be able to cut it down to about half your estimate :wink::innocent:

Little Em
8th-June-2004, 08:25 AM
its being held at daventry sports centre.....and they r going to let us use the big main sports hall!!!! woo hoo!!! :clap:

little em x x :innocent:

bigdjiver
8th-June-2004, 09:04 AM
its being held at daventry sports centre.....and they r going to let us use the big main sports hall!!!! woo hoo!!! :clap:

I think it might be a good idea to hold more fun nights at sports halls around the country. On my walk to my local venue I pass strings of keep fit "enthusiasts" jogging many looking puffed and rather miserable. I am tempted to make a Ceroc advert T-shirt and jog past them. (Usually I am content to make them even unhappier by speed walking, with cheaty little sprints when they go around corners, so that every time they look back I am only a few yards behind them.)

Holding events at sports halls would give us the opportunity of putting up posters there, advertising the dance, perhaps as members only, and where to join and classes. With Martin Offiah in the Come Dancing event we have the opportunity to attract some more fit young sportsmen. (Like I need that competition), and more keep-fit ladies (like I could keep up with them).

bigdjiver
8th-June-2004, 09:30 AM

correction :clap: * several hundred

Emmas freestyles are among my most treasured Ceroc memories, marred only by the fact that the old venue was a bit too small and so far away from me.

TheTramp
8th-June-2004, 10:06 AM
Emmas freestyles are among my most treasured Ceroc memories, marred only by the fact that the old venue was a bit too small and so far away from me.
Yeah, yeah. Rub it in for those of use who are too far away to be able to make it :tears:

Steve

Little Em
8th-June-2004, 10:18 AM
tramp..... eh come on its the 10th of july ages away...surely you could organise to come down to grace us all with your beginner self??! :wink:

x

TheTramp
8th-June-2004, 10:36 AM
Would love to come Little Em. But it's really too far away to get to :tears:

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
8th-June-2004, 12:12 PM
eh come on its the 10th of july ages away
Ah! but the 10th July is also a BIG night in Glasgow - Scottish Heat of the Jive Masters, Adam and Mandy coming up for the weekend and teaching fab workshops :D :D

BigDJiver - if you want to dance in a sports hall - no better place than the BFG - The Saturday night party will be held in the Bell's Sports Arena, Perth - a fantabulously large hall :clap:

Danger Mouse
9th-June-2004, 06:56 PM
I booked 6 persons and myself on to the workshop & freestyle today. I can't wait, it should be a cracker.

Nicola
14th-June-2004, 12:18 PM
Can't wait for the dirty dancing night!!! It's going to wicked :clap:
For those of you that know Roy, he's also teaching a workshop! For those of you that don't know Roy, What are you doing? He's amazing! Get yourselves over to Dav for a dance with him! :wink:
See you all there :cheers:

DavidY
12th-July-2004, 12:52 PM
This was a brilliant night IMO - lots of wonderful dancers and still space to dance. Quite a few forumites there too I think.

Amongst other cabarets, Little-em and Alex did an excellent performance which (I think?) was a sneak preview of the one they're entering in the Scottish Champs this year. Definitely looking forward to seeing that one again... :clap:

Northants Girly
12th-July-2004, 01:21 PM
This was a brilliant night IMO - lots of wonderful dancers and still space to dance. Quite a few forumites there too I think.

I second that :grin:

I'm still nursing bruises from Bedford Corn Exchange last week :sick:
so it was really great to have room to dance for a change.

Great night all round - the 2 am finish came too soon!

Danger Mouse
15th-July-2004, 07:08 AM

Amongst other cabarets, Little-em and Alex did an excellent performance which (I think?) was a sneak preview of the one they're entering in the Scottish Champs this year. Definitely looking forward to seeing that one again... :clap:

I was there too and agree totally. 'twas a very special night for me.

Well done Emma P. & co. for putting on a great event. :cheers:

Peter
11th-March-2005, 02:36 PM
Are any forumites planning to enter Coralie's Dirty Dancing competition on Fri next, 18 Mar ... ?

stewart38
11th-March-2005, 03:20 PM
Yes e-mail just came through

* Strictly Sinful class at 8.45 pm with the infamous MIKEY - not for the faint hearted.
* Infomal DIRTY DANCING comp during the evening, judged by Mikey and the winners of last
year's comp Gareth and Jill. Sign in on arrival.
* DJ KENOBE with the Kenobe Dance Experience - Music to get your teeth into !

Bill
11th-March-2005, 04:34 PM
erm .............where's Daventry ??? :blush:

Northants Girly
11th-March-2005, 04:50 PM
erm .............where's Daventry ??? :blush:Lets just say it's in the Midlands!
Bout 10 mins drive from my house ;)

Bill
11th-March-2005, 05:17 PM
Lets just say it's in the Midlands!
Bout 10 mins drive from my house ;)

Can I drop in for a cup of tea then !!! :rolleyes: You can give me directions !

DavidY
11th-March-2005, 07:17 PM
erm .............where's Daventry ??? :blush:As NG says, Daventry is in the Midlands - but this is an old thread & the original event at Daventry took place long ago (and was fab :clap: :clap: ). This year's equivalent is on 9 July 2005 I believe.

Peter resurrected the thread for a completely different event which also happens to involve Dirty Dancing, but I'm pretty sure the 18 March event is not at Daventry.

Yogi_Bear
11th-March-2005, 10:44 PM
As NG says, Daventry is in the Midlands - but this is an old thread & the original event at Daventry took place long ago (and was fab :clap: :clap: ). This year's equivalent is on 9 July 2005 I believe.

Peter resurrected the thread for a completely different event which also happens to involve Dirty Dancing, but I'm pretty sure the 18 March event is not at Daventry.
The 18 March dirty dancing event is at Oxford :D

Northants Girly
14th-March-2005, 12:12 AM
Can I drop in for a cup of tea then !!! :rolleyes: You can give me directions !You bring the choccy biscuits and it's a deal ;)