PDA

View Full Version : Club Crew ... owned body and Soul?

Gus
7th-June-2004, 12:57 PM
<B><I>Rant ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:place><st1:City><FONT color=black><st1:place><st1:City>Mode</FONT></st1:City></st1:City><st1:State><FONT color=black><st1:State>ON</FONT></st1:State></st1:place></st1:State></st1:place><FONT color=black></I></B> </P><P style=

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P></P><P style=
<o:p></o:p>

The following is based on strong rumour/comment ... if I'm wrong please feel free to flame.<o:p></o:p>

Competition can be a positive thing, it increases the choice for dancers and can lead to clubs improving their quality BUT, it can also lead to darker practices when Franchisees can see shekels going into someone else’s pockets not theirs.<o:p></o:p>

A few months back I was told about a franchisee that had told their crew they were NOT to go to club nights at a competing club ... and sent spies out to make sure that happened.<o:p></o:p>

Far more recently I've heard a rumour that a franchisee gave a three line whip to a few members of crew that they were to attend freestyle A, and not to go to freestyle B, being hosted by another club ... despite the fact that all the good dancers and the best music was at freestyle B.<o:p></o:p>

Where the h*ll do franchisees get off on all this.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 14.25pt; HEIGHT: 14.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""> </v:shape>Don’t they realise its just dancing. What right do they have to dictate how people spend their social time. rant... rant... rant... rant etc.<o:p></o:p>

As far as I am aware, for all its faults, Blitz has never told its crew where to dance. They go where they want to .... so why do other organisation think they own their crew. I thought it was supposed to be a mutual respect thing?<o:p></o:p>

Rant Mode OFF<o:p></o:p>

Andy McGregor
7th-June-2004, 01:13 PM
Don’t they realise its just dancing?

This simple statement sums it up for me.

Crew are unpaid helpers and volunteers. They should be treated with the utmost respect. To tell them what to do with their free time is an insult to their intelligence. The answer for them is to stop volunteering.

ChrisA
7th-June-2004, 01:24 PM
The answer for them is to stop volunteering.Such treatment would certainly bring about my instant resignation.

But I simply can't imagine it happening at any of the venues I've been involved with. The relationship built up over several years where I taxi is very amicable and I would neither do anything to jeopardise it, nor, I would imagine, would the organisers.

The behaviour Gus describes is so extreme it must be rare, surely?

Chris

Gus
7th-June-2004, 01:26 PM
OK .... SORRY:sad: . Already had my reputation hit beacuase I rasied an old chestnut (seem to be making a habit of it;) ).

I got incensed about things beacuse I know the people it upset ... but maybe its just more of the same:sick: