PDA

View Full Version : Rocsters

Minnie M
4th-June-2004, 12:11 AM
Just got in from the Openning Night of ROCSTERS - Andy & Sue McGrester's new venture in Shoreham

It was a really good night - enough people to have a good dance and lots of good dancers :clap: :clap: There was even a few forumites there :really:

Andy McGregor
4th-June-2004, 01:01 AM
Sue and I have just finished unloading the car. We had a fab night. People were very kind and told us they loved it. Maybe it was the chocolate cake, chocolates, mints, bubbly, bucks-fizz and Sella Artios they loved.

Neil taught some great lessons and people told me they were really impressed with him - and he's shorter than me so I look tall next to him.

I didn't get to dance much though as Sue told me I had to stick to the decks and give the music a lot of thought - I only sneaked off for a dance a few times:devil:

It was nice to see a forumites there. We had Minnie M, Katie, Daisy, Under Par and me:clap:

This seems like a good time to shamelessly plug our Hog Roast on the 26th June. We'll be dancing for 6 hours, roasting a Pig, Lamb and Vegetarian Smurf and our resident witches will be making mulled wine formulated to increase your virility. If you'd like to know more visit here (http://www.rocsters.com/) there is a limit to the number of tickets we're selling and it would be great if we could get more forumites to come. So far we've got Sheepman, Mrs Sheepman, Daisy, Pammy, Boomer and me. Anyone else like a ticket?

RobC
4th-June-2004, 01:19 AM
This seems like a good time to shamelessly plug our Hog Roast on the 26th June. We'll be dancing for 6 hours, roasting a Pig, Lamb and Vegetarian Smurf and our resident witches will be making mulled wine formulated to increase your virility. If you'd like to know more visit here (http://www.rocsters.com/) there is a limit to the number of tickets we're selling and it would be great if we could get more forumites to come. So far we've got Sheepman, Mrs Sheepman, Daisy, Pammy, Boomer and me. Anyone else like a ticket?
What ? You're not coming to MJC that weekend ? :really:

Visit www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk (http://www.monsterjivecocktail.co.uk) for ticket details - you can now get tickets just for the saturday night if you can't make the whole weekend :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
4th-June-2004, 01:24 AM
you can now get tickets just for the saturday night if you can't make the whole weekend :clap: :clap:And if you have £18 for one nights dancing?!?

Maybe it just seems a lot to me, because I'm a poor student....

Trampy

Andy McGregor
4th-June-2004, 01:33 AM
And if you have £18 for one nights dancing?!?

Trampy

Come to our night. For just £12 you can dance all night, eat a spit roasted vegetarian Smurf or a porcine/sheepy alternative, camp (this is the, less used, type involving tents and sleeping bags), drink virility enhancing potions and laze around picturesque downland. Sheepster is thinking of bringing his mum.

Nigel Anderson has even said he's coming if he hasn't got a date - see you there Nige:devil:

TheTramp
4th-June-2004, 01:52 AM
And if you have £18 for one nights dancing?!?

Trampy

Wheeeee.... I just got a disapprove reputation because of this post. But with no comment or name attached.

Wonder who did that at 2am :D Obviously someone who doesn't think that £18 is a lot for one nights dancing.... :whistle:

Trampy

Andy McGregor
4th-June-2004, 01:53 AM
What ? You're not coming to MJC that weekend ? :really:

My mates Nigel and Nina were unexpectedly free that weekend so we arranged the date for the Hog roast so they could come.

It seems they were expecting to teach at a weekend on that date and are now not doing so because the organisers of a that particular weekend mix of drinks joined up with a company that doesn't like N&N and won't let N&N be associated with that particular company :angry:

Gus
4th-June-2004, 08:13 AM
My mates Nigel and Nina were unexpectedly free that weekend so we arranged the date for the Hog roast so they could come.
:

WHAT??? Nigle and Nina NOT at MJC ... but thats UNTHINKABLE!! :tears: Its like Xmas without tinsel, like Ceroc Scotland without Franck ......

Lets start a Campaign now ... Reintsate N&N at MJC ... maybe we should organising the Fuel Lobby type protest, start blocking roads by way of making our demands known :wink:

ONLY KIDDING .... though I would be interested to know why N&N aren't teaching .. was it their choice or did the cold hand of politics have a part to play? :sick:

RobC
4th-June-2004, 08:54 AM
Lets start a Campaign now ... Reintsate N&N at MJC ... maybe we should organising the Fuel Lobby type protest, start blocking roads by way of making our demands known :wink:

I'm with you on that one. :clap:

ONLY KIDDING .... though I would be interested to know why N&N aren't teaching .. was it their choice or did the cold hand of politics have a part to play? :sick:

Big Disclaimer(since people apparently don't notice the one I used to put in my signature)
This is my own opinion and has nothing whatsoever to do with any venue or organisation I may be associated with !!!!!

Some people are too short sighted to see the benefits of being able to use the best teachers around in venues outside London, just because they happen to run a very successful competing evening in London. Come on - there is life outside the M25 :angry:

Andy McGregor
4th-June-2004, 09:29 AM
.. was it their choice or did the cold hand of politics have a part to play? :sick:

In my experience the hand of politics is not cold. If it was cold you'd have felt it when you'd been pushed and pulled by it. In the world of politics you often feel like it's your own hand that you've used to push or pull yourself - there may be someone in a dimly lit, curtained office that has manipulated you into something but you can never be sure. Compared to real politics or even Corporate politics he world of dance is an open book.

I think I said so on here at the time but I will say it again. If Ceroc have made a decision that it will not employ teachers who run a competing dance business then it couldn't employ Nigel as he runs Hipsters (along with some other guys). I think this decision is the wrong one for us dancers who enjoy his teaching but I think it is probably the right one for Ceroc. The problem is that there is inconsistency: other franchisees still employ the services of other members of the Hipsters team. And I know one franchisee that actually employs Nigel's services, although not as a teacher as far as I know:confused:

But I know that Nigel is hoping to have a date on Saturday 26th June so he might not be free to teach at MJC even if he was asked - of course that date may never materialise...

..maybe we should start a new boycott. Come on guys, refuse to date any woman until one of them is prepared to go on a date with Nigel:devil:

Dance Demon
4th-June-2004, 09:45 AM
I In the world of politics you often feel like it's your own hand that you've used to push or pull yourself -
:

Yep....that sums up politicians pretty well I think
:wink: :devil: ........(waits for the bad rep s to fly in :rofl: )

Mikey
4th-June-2004, 10:55 AM
In my experience the hand of politics is not cold. If it was cold you'd have felt it when you'd been pushed and pulled by it. In the world of politics you often feel like it's your own hand that you've used to push or pull yourself - l:

It's such a shame Andy that you personally are so full of the POLITICS yourself, more so down here in Brighton too. But then, you wouldn't want to get known for that would you eh :angry:

Minnie M
4th-June-2004, 02:57 PM
If Ceroc have made a decision that it will not employ teachers who run a competing dance business..............

We have gone completely off thread, but I have to come in here in defence of MJC (CerocPlus)

Teachers line-up includes J & T (who teach in Herts) J & B (who teach in Glos) etc., are these competing dance businesses :whistle:

I personally think their teacher line-up is the best I have seen for a weekender :worthy: :clap:

Their reasons for not having N & N may not be as you think :innocent: it could be as simple as "Let's have a change"

Sheepman
4th-June-2004, 03:08 PM
Come on guys, refuse to date any woman until one of them is prepared to go on a date with Nigel:devil: I think I can probably manage the former (though I might need a definition of what you mean by "date"), I can't see it helping with the latter though :devil:

Looking forward to a roasting!

Greg

ChrisA
4th-June-2004, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to a roasting!
He's been in that class of Mikey's again, I can see... :eek:

Divissima
4th-June-2004, 03:55 PM
:what: Ewwww! That's right upstairs for you, Chris. :eek: