PDA

View Full Version : New Venue In Brighton

Mikey
28th-May-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi ya peeps,

just for those of you who live down South... I am opening on monday 7th of June at The City Gate Centre, London road in Brighton...

It used to be the mecca for all the brighton dancers, with souls like myself and Minnie starting there, even Martin (now in Aus') did if i remember rightly.....

Anyway, doors open at 7.30pm with beginners and intermediates classes.. taught by yours truly:waycool:

I have created a temporary website for now which has full details of the venue and also has furhter details of workshops i am going to be doing all round the UK, like Doncaster, Nottingham, Wolverhampton etc...

website - http://cerocer.tripod.com/

:yeah:

johnah
28th-May-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Hi ya peeps,

just for those of you who live down South... I am opening on monday 7th of June at The City Gate Centre, London road in Brighton...

It used to be the mecca for all the brighton dancers, with souls like myself and Minnie starting there, even Martin (now in Aus') did if i remember rightly.....

Anyway, doors open at 7.30pm with beginners and intermediates classes.. taught by yours truly:waycool:

I have created a temporary website for now which has full details of the venue and also has furhter details of workshops i am going to be doing all round the UK, like Doncaster, Nottingham, Wolverhampton etc...

website - http://cerocer.tripod.com/

:yeah: :waycool:

Hiya Mikey,

Good luck with the new Brighton venue. See you in Doncaster on 10 July and Nottingham on 11 July.

:clap: :clap:

DangerousCurves
2nd-June-2004, 01:51 AM
I've had a few queries - so yes....

Anyone wishing to put a face to the name will find the 'Curves on the door on the 7th :cheers:

Chicky
2nd-June-2004, 08:44 AM
Well done Mikey on opening your own venue again, I'm sure it'll be a roaring success.

:kiss:

Martin
2nd-June-2004, 09:19 AM
Best of luck Mikey.

Was truely a good venue, and yes I did frequent it often.

Of late, I could not bring myself to go there on another night due to the slime ball who ran it.

So full steam ahead and I wish you all the best. :clap: :cheers:

Minnie M
2nd-June-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Martin
............on another night due to the slime ball who ran it.

:yeah: still does :sick: :angry: :devil:

Originally posted by Martin
Best of luck Mikey.

:flower: :clap: I'll be there next Monday (7th June)

Mikey
4th-June-2004, 11:02 AM
If any organiser or other organisation would like to have flyers etc placed at the new venue, please PM me for my private address and they can be posted to Brighton.

There are NO POLITICS in my venues FULL STOP !!! Any teacher, organiser from anywhere regardless of who they teach/work for is welcome to the venue, even if you have a night which clashes with my own.

The dancers themselves will decide where they want to dance as far as i have always been concerned, so let them have the flyers to read and choose from. :clap:

cerocmetro
4th-June-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi Mikey
Good luck,

Would you like some JiveMaster videos to sell. :whistle: :clap:

Adam

johnah
4th-June-2004, 11:26 AM
If any organiser or other organisation would like to have flyers etc placed at the new venue, please PM me for my private address and they can be posted to Brighton.

There are NO POLITICS in my venues FULL STOP !!! Any teacher, organiser from anywhere regardless of who they teach/work for is welcome to the venue, even if you have a night which clashes with my own.

The dancers themselves will decide where they want to dance as far as i have always been concerned, so let them have the flyers to read and choose from. :clap:

As Mikey is aware, Jive Addiction's policy is the same and as organisers who attended Southport in May also know, we welcome dancers being able to make informed choices! The dancing 'family' is more important than petty politics.

Good luck with the new venue Mikey. Hope it's a great success.
:waycool:

cerocmetro
4th-June-2004, 11:40 AM
As Mikey is aware, Jive Addiction's policy is the same and as organisers who attended Southport in May also know, we welcome dancers being able to make informed choices! The dancing 'family' is more important than petty politics.

Good luck with the new venue Mikey. Hope it's a great success.
:waycool:

I just know I am going to regret this but here goes.
What happy dancing family?
I am in this for a business. No dancers = no food.

I have been taken over once illegally, almost went bankcrupt, three attempted takeovers.

I watch people I have taught set up classes, oh yes just for fun initially then, oh, we can make a profit and the next minute they are leafleting cars etc.

Please don't give me happy family B*******.

All you people who have jobs, are you OK for someone to come along and take over your clients customers. Your salary will go down, but hey surely that is OK, we are all on this planet to help everyone else succeed right, and you are going to work really hard to make sure everyone makes a profit from your hard work?

Ok got it off my chest, back to making the world a happy place

Adam

Mikey
4th-June-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi Mikey
Good luck,

Would you like some JiveMaster videos to sell. :whistle: :clap:

Adam

very happy to take some video's :waycool: onboard and sell them for you adam

Gus
4th-June-2004, 11:54 AM
II watch people I have taught set up class, oh yes just for fun initially then, oh, we can make a profit and the next minute they are leafleting cars etc.

Please don't give me happy family B*******.

All you people who have jobs, are you OK for someone to come along and take over your clients customers. Your salary will go down, but hey surely that is OK, we are all on this planet to help everyone else succeed right, and you are going to work really hard to make sure everyone makes a profit from your hard work?
:yeah:
Totally agree. Those that go on about the 'greater good' and the 'happy family' either don’t know the real story or are the ones making bucks of the hard work of others. Even in my short time as an organiser I've come across a number of unpleasant characters. Although I currently on run a 'freestyle only' event, I have in the past done my bit to bring dancers into the fold ... and that is the hardest and least profitable area of the game. I don’t want to get into the debate of who is 'providing a service' and who is 'leeching off others' but sufficeth to say the scene is rarely as simple as it looks on the surface. One thing is sure, once competition starts, then so does the nastiness .. like most businesses. To an extent, I'm glad that the vast majority of dancers don’t see the dark side of dance that is associated with the business side. However, I think dancers should appreciate the effort and pain that some promoters go through.

Martin
4th-June-2004, 02:34 PM
I am taking from this that CerocMetro and Gus are not flaming Mikey - as he puts in the hard work and provides the "client based" lessons.
He is also trying to build up Brighton, which has had a chequered past.

If you are flaming John-ah and Wes - well why did you not do it yourselves?

Innocent post, I understand politics come into it, just wondering why the personal bias?

cerocmetro
4th-June-2004, 02:38 PM
I am taking from this that CerocMetro and Gus are not flaming Mikey - as he puts in the hard work and provides the "client based" lessons.
He is also trying to build up Brighton, which has had a chequered past.

Innocent post, I understand politics come into it, just wondering why the personal bias?

Hi Martin,
I sent a PM to Mikey wishing him good luck. I am not having a go at Mikey, he has been in this game a long time and goes out bringing in new dancers. I do not know John and Wes and was not aware they dropped leaflets as explained to Mikey, if they did, that was coincidence.

There was no personal bias just me steaming over this one big happy family thing.

Adam

Gus
4th-June-2004, 03:01 PM

Not flaming anyone .. just presenting a point of view. If I had a problem with someone I'd PM them .... actualy ..if I had a REAL problem I'd turn up at their event and settle it face to face :devil:

Martin
4th-June-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi Martin,
I sent a PM to Mikey wishing him good luck. I am not having a go at Mikey, he has been in this game a long time and goes out bringing in new dancers. I do not know John and Wes and was not aware they dropped leaflets as explained to Mikey, if they did, that was coincidence.

There was no personal bias just me steaming over this one big happy family thing.

Adam

I had a real bad experience with Katie droping leaflets at all my venues...

South east stuff...

KJ jive, then she changed the name... had to pay more and join again... Rebel rock or some ****wit name...

Happy family stuff... OK whatever...

Hopefully all will work out north London.

Southport - well they do a good week-end.
Maybe go up there and teach?
They do good stuff...

Martin