PDA

View Full Version : MAD! Weekend

filthycute
22nd-September-2002, 06:27 PM
Have just noticed you 2 (Sheena and Heather) Just home and already online. So how did the workshops go? You are either very keen to find out if you missed any gossip...or very keen to share yours with the forum :D

So come on....Spill

filthycute x x

Graham
22nd-September-2002, 08:09 PM
I'm a poor substitute, but as they haven't replied I thought I'd pitch in. Actually I was going to start a thread myself, but gosh - what's this? Mel leading again?? :really: :wink:

(That was unfair - I danced with her last night and she followed beautifully :grin: )

Anyway, I had a fantastic weekend: H was great fun and obviously an extremely good teacher as he was able to get a room full of (mostly) British men dancing with something approaching "attitude". Thanks very much H and Kirsty!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-September-2002, 10:04 PM
Poor subsitute Graham? I think not! Totally stylish with lots of slow, "down" sexy moves to take to your next ceroc night in Glasgow - actually ask Scott to show you his individual interpretation on the sit down move - as the other Scot says "worked for me!"

What a great weekend - Glasgow was great (including the lovely young man who let us follow him to the venue when we got a little bit lost - unfortunately we couldn't persuade him to join us:sad: ). Footwork frenzy was lots of fun - I think my favourite was the Shoulder Slide Mambo Triple Steps especially Franck's shimmying variation - NO I DID NOT ENCOURAGE HIM! IT WAS A BIG GIRL THAT DID IT AND THEN SHE RAN AWAY!

Cheers to Sandy for a smooth journey back up to Aberdeen in record time (helps if you don't miss the Dundee slip road doesn't it Franck:p :p ). We'll not mention the Dinner in the hotel fiasco, I don't think, as it is quite funny on reflection but if I had missed H and Kirsty's fun class at the party it might not have been:tears:
Will I mention the couple who were doing the "chair" move in the middle of an extremely busy dance floor - yup think I will. ARE YOU MAD? :reallymad

Sunday's smooth grooves - what can I say - Dancing Veela you should have been there (or was she? - Only Franck knows and despite threatening to take away his DJ licence he wasn't telling:sad: ) Sexy moves and men in Aberdeen today - great workshop and great demos from H and Kirsty.

Only one question Franck. When's the next one?????

Great to meet all the Glasgow Crew, they're just as FC mad as us I think:wink:

:cheers:

Heather
22nd-September-2002, 10:12 PM
:wink: :wink: I promise Mel, they'll never prise a word out of me!!!!!:D :D I mean I wouldn't want to start any rumours or anything.:wink: What was said in the bar of the Northern Hotel remains in complete confidence!!!:devil: :devil:
Nudge, nudge, say no more!!!!:
Heather

PS.Loved the Fun class from H and Kirsty, now I know how to fake it in Ceroc!!!!!!!!:wink: ( AS if we women weren't experts already!!!!)

Curtain
23rd-September-2002, 02:09 AM
This all seems very cloak and dagger. As always, another Ceroc night turns into a carnival of exhibition and down right sauciness. Well, it would be nice to say that IÕm sorry I missed it, but it sounds too revolting for my young-ish ears.

IÕm sure you will all be glad to hear that I had a rather splendid holiday, burning in the sub-tropical sun of Tenerife. Just back from gigging with the Billy Sheers Band (Beatles Tribute) and rather boozy as a result. I just want to lambaste Sandy for leaving early and not even saying goodbye.

IÕve noticed it has been two days since anyone posted!!! What is going on? I remember those halcyon days, when posts were renewed by the minute, never mind the hour. I want updates É

What youÕll been doinÕ?

CJ
23rd-September-2002, 02:19 AM
locking and lolling, my man.

have a wee peek and you shall see. Forum has been quietish over last couple of weeks. Mmm, you've been away. Mmm. Coincidence??:wink:

Later.

filthycute
23rd-September-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Heather
:wink: :wink: I promise Mel, they'll never prise a word out of me!!!!!:D :D I mean I wouldn't want to start any rumours or anything.:wink: What was said in the bar of the Northern Hotel remains in complete confidence!!!:devil: :devil:
Nudge, nudge, say no more!!!!:
HeatherI know you wouldn't cause a stir about me....not in my condition! :what:
PS.Loved the Fun class from H and Kirsty, now I know how to fake it in Ceroc!!!!!!!!:wink: ( AS if we women weren't experts already!!!!) If i remember correctly wasn't it faked 3 times?? :yum:

filthycute x x

Franck
23rd-September-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Only one question Franck. When's the next one?????Well, Sheena, give me a chance to recover from this one first :what:
Sometime next year is the short answer! :wink:

About the week-end, I agree with all of you. It was mad and I feel like my feet never touched the floor the whole week-end, but well worth it!

Starting with the footwork frenzy workshop, it was brilliant for me to learn from another teacher and I really liked some of the footwork variations we did, especially the side to side cross step slide and of course "our move" Sheena, the Shoulder Slide Mambo Triple Steps (with extra shimmy!) :yum:

After that, we went on our way to Aberdeen, and thanks Sheena for telling everyone I managed to get the motorway the wrong way, back towards Edinburgh :sad: but we still made it in plenty of time for a spot of dinner (well I got to order! ) and finally one of the busiest parties we have ever had in Aberdeen... Despite being rushed off my feet, trying to do too many jobs at once, I got loads of really good dances on the night, so thank you to all of you who danced with me. I was well impressed by H and Kirsty who danced the whole night with as many people as possible! (top marks to them for not displaying "clique" mentality!).
I will say nothing about what happened after 1.00am, when the party finished... My lips are sealed, and hopefully everyone else's, we don't want rumours to start or spread do we... Suffice to say that we were all up very late, drinking and talking as much nonsense as we do on the Forum! :wink: :cheers:

I wasn't sure how I (and everyone else) would cope on the Sunday, and I felt a little delicate on the Sunday morning (ok, splitting headache hangover is closer to the truth :sick: :what: ), but somehow, as soon as H and Kirsty started getting us into the smooth grooves, it all eased off, and I had a fantastic time (not that it showed :wink: ).
I would like to echo other comments, H had a really laid back way of getting everyone to get the right "attitude" and as Wendy said in another thread, this workshop will have a bigger impact on the standard of dancing of everyone taking part than most workshop I have attended (or taught!). Truly incredible to see everyone improving so fast and looking so great. Well done H and everyone there :waycool:

Finally it was the end of the day, and I drove H and Kirsty back to Edinburgh airport (in record time :really: ), but as it turns out, their flight was delayed 2 hours :sad:

On to the Scottish Competition now:yum:

Franck.

Grant
23rd-September-2002, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to add my piece about what a fabulous weekend it was. It was my first time at a ceroc workshop or at any of the party nights outside Glasgow and I enjoyed both immensely. :D :D

Thanks to H and Kirsty for giving us the style to go with the moves - if I can incorporate some part of that in my own dancing I will be very pleased.

Thanks also to all of the lovely ladies I had the pleasure of dancing with and to Franck for organising the whole weekend. I'll stop now before I go into academy award mode and individually name and thank everyone I have ever met!

Grant

PS. It was great to meet more of the characters of this forum in person and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you again at the Scottish Champs, if not before.

Sandy
23rd-September-2002, 05:19 PM
What a great weekend - Glasgow was great (including the lovely young man who let us follow him to the venue when we got a little bit lost - unfortunately we couldn't persuade him to join us:sad: ). Footwork frenzy was lots of fun - I think my favourite was the Shoulder Slide Mambo Triple Steps especially Franck's shimmying variation - NO I DID NOT ENCOURAGE HIM! IT WAS A BIG GIRL THAT DID IT AND THEN SHE RAN AWAY!
Likely story!! I seen you in action, barging your way in and grabbing Franck first! Bloody cheek!

Seriously though it was an absolutely fabulous weekend and my feet have only now got back to normal - got to get those shoes Sheena!

Sorry Franck for landing like a sack of tatties instead of "shimying" for that last sequence but by then I was totally shattered:sick:

H and Kirsty were amazing and if I only remember a few moves it will be well worth it.

Great to meet all those folks from Dundee and Glasgow - what a nice bunch.

Can't wait till next one.

Cheers

Sandy:wink:

Graham
24th-September-2002, 01:47 PM
Poor subsitute Graham? I think not! Totally stylish with lots of slow, "down" sexy moves to take to your next ceroc night in Glasgow
Thanks Sheena! You're now officially my second favourite taxi dancer!! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
24th-September-2002, 07:27 PM
but we still made it in plenty of time for a spot of dinner (well I got to order! )

Just had The Northern Hotel on the phone Franck, your meal is ready now - ha!ha!

:wink: :wink: :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
24th-September-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Thanks Sheena! You're now officially my second favourite taxi dancer!! :wink: I am honoured:D
Looking forward to seeing you in Musselburgh if your favourite taxi dancer won't mind me borrowing you for a wee trip around the dance floor.:waycool:

Franck
25th-September-2002, 05:10 PM
Just had The Northern Hotel on the phone Franck, your meal is ready now - ha!ha!

:wink: :wink: :cheers: Thanks, I'll take it on stage :wink:
Well yes, that was a bit of a fiasco, but I should have known better than to expect to eat at all... Busy as I was, I feel like my feet never touched the ground the whole week-end (and no, that was not one of the moves taught).

To answer your question about the next MAD Week-end, I am in the process of booking another Ceroc guru for early 2003 (ie before Easter sometime). So watch this space.

In the meantime, my hands are pretty full with the Competition, the Big 10th Birthday party in November and a couple of new nights I am planning to open very soon...

Franck.

Sandy
26th-September-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Curtain

IÕm sure you will all be glad to hear that I had a rather splendid holiday, burning in the sub-tropical sun of Tenerife. Just back from gigging with the Billy Sheers Band (Beatles Tribute) and rather boozy as a result. I just want to lambaste Sandy for leaving early and not even saying goodbye.

Hey Paul good of you to be so observant! I couldn't walk by that time on Sunday never mind talk! I tripped over someone in a wheelchair and thought - time to go:sorry

So sorry I didn't say goodbye but will make up for it by buying you a pint some time!

Cheers

Sandy

H and Kirsty
29th-September-2002, 01:20 AM
Hello Scotland!

Just a little note to say thanks for the warm welcome and fantastic weekend on the 21st. Our feet have only just touched the ground and have only now been able to sit down to send you a message to say thanks. We both enjoyed dancing with you all and the very kind comments on the forum and feed back from Franck have done wonders to our confidence!! (Infact H can't get his head out the front door!!!):wink:

You all created a fantastic atmosphere over the whole weekend and the party in the night was brilliant fun.

Finally, thanks to Franck for inviting us both up to Scotland and we hope to see you all again some time.

Take Care,

H and Kirstyxx :D

Franck
30th-September-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by H and Kirsty
Finally, thanks to Franck for inviting us both up to Scotland and we hope to see you all again some time.Hiya guys,

Welcome to the Forum, and well done for making it this far! :nice:
I hope you will be able to contribute to some of the debates going on, there is certainly plenty to read, and I am sure that your contribution will be highly welcome!
I am hoping to create a separate area for technical discussions of the moves / style points taught at the week-end (so could you email me the list of moves in digital text format!).
I also forgot to get the video of the moves, so if you could email this to me as well, that would be great.

Finally, I hope you can both make it back to Scotland soon, the Competition maybe or the 10th Anniversary in November?

Franck.