PDA

View Full Version : Central Heating Engineers

SwingSwingSwing
25th-May-2004, 11:08 AM
Can any of the Falkirk forumites recommend a good local central heating engineer?

Or tell me who to avoid?

My system is not working properly :sad:

SwingSwingSwing

Franck
25th-May-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
Can any of the Falkirk forumites recommend a good local central heating engineer? Sorry, no idea. We have a 3 star contract with Scottish Gas, so they maintain / fix it as required. Lucky it happened now, rather than mid-winter :nice:

xSalsa_Angelx
25th-May-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
Can any of the Falkirk forumites recommend a good local central heating engineer?

Or tell me who to avoid?

My system is not working properly :sad:

SwingSwingSwing

Try Richard Irvine, they are usually quite good and also on 24 hour service call out.

phone no i think is: 01224 576280

XsaX

Stubob
28th-May-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi John,

Avoid Falkirk Gas Services.......!

The guy we use is Charlie Rodger from Grangemouth. I don't have his phone number with me (at work just now) so will email it to you later on if you haven't got a number yet.

Cheers
Stuart

Dreadful Scathe
28th-May-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Stubob

The guy we use is Charlie Rodger from Grangemouth. I don't have his phone number with me (at work just now) so will email it to you later on if you haven't got a number yet.

Im with Franck on this - use BGas 3 star cover. Didnt post before as I had no idea who you could call, so listen to StuBob.

Who is StuBob anyway ? :)

SwingSwingSwing
28th-May-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks Stuart. Could email me his number. I couldn't find him in yell.com or the thomson directory. (Unless he operates under C A Heating Services)

I'd been thinking about the BG service plan for a while but my system was already not working properly and I didn't really want them to fix it and then tie me into a year contract.

On the plus side, I think I've found the fault. The three way valve seems to be gubbed. Once I disconnected it, I was able to get hot water. :)

Replacements are about £60 so I might try and fit it myself.

SwingSwingSwing

Stubob
30th-May-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi John,

I have just emailed Charlie's phone number to your hotmail account. If the fault is on the plumbing side, like you said, rather than the gas then you could either do it yourself or get a plumber in.

Cheers
Stuart

Dance Demon
30th-May-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi John
I've PMd you with a phone No. of a reliable Central heating engineer. He sorted mine, and he's someone you will know.
:cheers:
DD